The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

King, Pooran dream of playing Test cricket

Narper 2020-05-16 17:45:38 

(Jamaica Observer) Brandon King and Nicholas Pooran, two of the Caribbean’s rising batting stars, say they ultimately dream of playing Test cricket for West Indies, despite so far only representing the regional side in white-ball cricket.

Ironically, King, an elegant stroke-maker, was affixed to the radar of Caribbean cricket watchers after scoring over 600 runs and averaging just below 50 for Jamaican Scorpions during the 2018-19 regional four-day season.

“I would’ve loved to be able to put in some strong performances in four-day [cricket] again after a good 2018-19 campaign but I loved being a part of the Windies set-up even more – so I have no trouble with how things have gone,” King said.

Pooran, who has developed a reputation as a crisp striker of the ball, has been a staple in Twenty20 franchise leagues around the world since he was a teenager. But yesterday he told the Observer that playing the longest format is very much in his plans.

“Test cricket is something I always wanted to play. I would love the opportunity to experience Test cricket at some point, but just right now I’m taking it step by step,” he said during a telephone interview

“I’m not rushing anything…I’m here, I’m not going anywhere, and I’m contracted by Cricket West Indies. If that is what I have to do to play Test cricket, I guess I’ll have to do it at some point in time. That’s a conversation to have; I need to find out what I have to do to play [Tests] eventually.

“Right now, when playing for West Indies the only free time we have [allows] playing one [four-day] game or two games. I just started to play international cricket; I just got a taste and I’m enjoying it thus far,” he explained.

link

granite 2020-05-16 17:52:08 

In reply to Narper
He hast find out,well i'll be fucked.You mean to say no West Indian selector or one ah dem rass clart jefe cyah talk to him and let him know how tings go.

Maispwi 2020-05-16 18:43:20 

King also averaged 47 or so against India A last year so how he was overlooked for people like Palmer, Mayers, Bonner is a mystery

Halliwell 2020-05-16 19:14:41 

This is why Fake News CCCom will make man mad

Only yesterday someone was saying that Pooran Did Said he wants nothing to do with cricket over 50 overs lol lol lol

Dukes 2020-05-16 19:20:48 

In reply to Halliwell

U R having WAAAAAAY TOOOOO MUCH FUN ON DIS BOARD!!!!!!!!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Halliwell 2020-05-16 19:23:06 

In reply to Dukes

Was it Narps who said that yesterday? We need to find the instigator of untruths big grin

imusic 2020-05-16 20:21:51 

Pooran said he wants to play test cricket HERE

Trex 2020-05-16 20:28:24 

King is a class act. Should be able to dominate all versions of the game with a great mix of power and technique.

imusic 2020-05-16 20:38:17 

In reply to Trex

Dominate is a strong word.

He has talent for sure. Nice to watch bat too. But how about he establish himself in the international arena in any format first before making them kinda pronouncements?

BTW....good to see you back on here bro. Trust all is well with you and yours

Trex 2020-05-16 20:48:32 

In reply to imusic

Long live the King cool

Good to back. Was busy with all kind of projects. Hope all is well you and your loved ones in these crazy times.

Dukes 2020-05-16 21:13:04 

In reply to Trex

King is a class act.

Co-signed!!!!

Dukes 2020-05-16 21:15:01 

In reply to Halliwell

Was it Narps who said that yesterday? We need to find the instigator of untruths

It was not Narps but I think it was a misinterpretation rather than a deliberate untruth.

Trex 2020-05-16 21:26:33 

In reply to Dukes

Co-signed!!!!

A rarity....Oldster Dukes agrees with me. shock lol

Dukes 2020-05-16 23:32:46 

In reply to Trex

One of the rare times you said something on this board commensurate with your reputed IQ of 145.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol