The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Last Dance ...Viv Richards

Raggs 2020-05-18 14:51:06 

if you don't see Viv Richards in Michael Jordan then you are blind.
Do I now think. Lara in Richard's time therefore Richard's would have been Lara's time, swap worlds, generations, maybe our cricket wouldn't go down so...just thinking..

Barry 2020-05-18 16:06:55 

In reply to Raggs

What shit you talking, bro? shock

openning 2020-05-18 16:53:43 

In reply to Raggs
Just started a post in the Backroom, they both wanted to win.
I dont know if Viv would want a Rodman type player on the team, or the way MJ talk about team management to the press.
I am at Episode 3.

powen001 2020-05-18 16:56:23 

In reply to Raggs

There will be obvious similarities...and I dare say it that should either or both of those men watch the series will see and hear the echoes of their own approach to the Team dynamic.

I concur with your position

Raggs 2020-05-19 05:50:07 

In reply to powen001

Glad someone else get that mg too. Some on this mg board think I'm slightly unwell mentally.

Barry 2020-05-19 10:37:22 

In reply to Raggs

I am convinced that you are and you have a few friends confused

deanjones 2020-05-19 16:40:31 

In reply to Raggs

You know I thought about Richards too watching the Last dance.

Raggs 2020-05-19 17:43:19 

In reply to deanjones

Yeah. Ok you feel it too.
When MJ was talking with conviction and serious purpose and the cameras up close on him.
It's the smoking joe vibes I'm seeing. I suppose then the greater athlete is born within and perform it to the highest heights out of his inner soul.

googley 2020-05-19 19:56:43 

In reply to Raggs

Where you rank Sobers? cool

Raggs 2020-05-19 21:38:20 

In reply to googley

To me Sobers is mythological in my mindset. Yeah he was great but watching his genius live wasn't an option for me. He paraded his skills before my time.
The likes of the west indian ex cricketer and now windies director of cricket Jimmy Adams picked their top 11 of all times and Sobers does not make the final 11. That says all.

Barry 2020-05-19 21:40:42 

In reply to Barry

Talking about you and you and friends- how were you born? confused

Barry 2020-05-19 21:42:05 

In reply to Raggs

Don’t put Lara name in yuh —— mouth... Ah go mash it up... confused

Logic 2020-05-20 11:31:56 

In reply to Raggs

Haven't seen Last Dance yet but Viv differs from Michael in that Viv was more than just about cricket or sports in general. Viv's was a conscious mind, closer in spirit to Muhammad Ali.

With MJ always seemed to me is that it was mostly about competition and winning.

Raggs 2020-05-20 11:37:01 

In reply to Logic

Watch it and then comment bruv. MJ had spiritual levels in him. I think the documentary looks at his inner spirit and how it comes out in competition.

bobby 2020-05-20 16:56:13 

In reply to Logic

You are correct in this analysis. Winning was most important to both MJ and Viv. The difference is that MJ was more concerned about using his image to market himself and make money. Viv is completely different and did not put image before his African heritage. He has never wavered from that and has never been afraid to air his views. His turning down of the South African blank cheque is all the evidence you need.
Then compare:
Hodges always wanted to voice his opposition to injustice. In June 1991, before the first game of the NBA finals between the Bulls and the LA Lakers, Hodges tried to convince Jordan and Magic Johnson that both teams should stage a boycott. Rodney King, an African American, had been beaten brutally by four white policemen in Los Angeles three months earlier – while 32% of the black population in Illinois lived below the poverty line.

As he writes in his new book Longshot: The Triumphs and Struggles of an NBA Freedom Fighter, Craig Hodges told the sport’s two leading players that the Bulls and Lakers should sit out the opening game, so “we would stand in solidarity with the black community while calling out racism and economic inequality in the NBA, where there were no black owners and almost no black coaches despite the fact that 75% of the players in the league were African American”.

Jordan told Hodges he was “crazy” while Johnson said: “That’s too extreme, man.”

FanAdict 2020-05-21 03:08:34 

In reply to Raggs

I don't Quadir made him look stupid Dennis Lille harassed he him

Barry 2020-05-21 06:27:30 

In reply to Raggs

Watch it and then comment bruv. MJ had spiritual levels in him. I think the documentary looks at his inner spirit and how it comes out in competition.

Did MJ beat his wife or cheat on his wife? Did he father a million bastards?