The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Emir you were right about T&T Opposition party

problemjay 2020-05-19 12:53:33 

Once again they refuse to help in the fight against crime. They refuse to support these bills. Why protect and defend criminals? Link Text

TriniStar 2020-05-19 13:24:24 

Election year in sweet TnT and the political climate slowly beginning to heat up.

Dukes 2020-05-19 13:53:11 

Has anyone seen or heard from Emir in the last 2 months?

sgtdjones 2020-05-19 15:46:20 

In reply to problemjay

The opposition, she said, felt the bill was too draconian, too much in violation of citizens’ rights without the appropriate checks and balances, “and which can certainly be abused.”

She said government wanted to change the opposition’s proposal for refusal of bail to a third-time offender, to bail being refused to a first-time offender.

“This is where you can get held without bail, just thrown in jail.

“Now we had had it where if you were a third-time offender – they want to say first-time offender – and remember when you’re a first-time offender, it’s not that you’ve actually committed a crime, it is that you are suspected of a crime,” Persad-Bissessar said.

She said the bail package needs serious reform, “as it goes against poor black people,” and non-custodial measures such as the use of GPS bracelets for those who have not yet been convicted.

“The system militates against poor black people especially, but the poor, whether you’re black, brown or blue, it militates against the poor, and what is needed is bail reform, not more draconian bail legislation.”

PJ........?

problemjay 2020-05-19 16:59:58 

In reply to sgtdjones

Do you know six years ago the same Opposition under the same leader when was in Government was in full support of this same bill? Tell me why they have a different stance on the issue today

sgtdjones 2020-05-19 17:52:10 

In reply to problemjay

Didn't your present government oppose it then?

rolleyes

You have electricity in POS?

lol

johndom90 2020-05-20 04:59:54 

In reply to TriniStar

...and the redundant opposition is willing to sacrifice sovereignty and genuflect to the"uncertified lunatic in the Oval Office"
Link Text

CITYBOY 2020-05-20 11:36:39 

In reply to Dukes

Hola...I was thinking the same...however I believe our resident emir is on Ramadan sabbatical and safe...I hope I am right..
I take off my hat to the emir for showing restraint and not showing up for gossip and useless chatter...that is remarkable from the emir (if that is the case)...
Hopefully he returns in a few days but watch out he may behave like a drunken sailor on his first shore leave..
Take care stay safe
Adios
CB

granite 2020-05-20 18:53:15 

No smokescreen now please,more important is $150 million in fuel TT sold to Venezuela under the pretence of it going to Aruba.Check the crooks who is benefiting from that illegal sale,Stuart Young springs to. mind.The sad thing about the upcoming elections would see the UNC in power again.My hope is that the PEP under Philip Alexander wipe ou both PNM and UNC an stop this shit of Afro vs Indo party politics. Ay PJ what yuh think?

problemjay 2020-05-20 20:31:24 

In reply to granite

You are delusional. Do not cry again on election night all the way in England

TriniStar 2020-05-20 20:34:48 

In reply to granite

What make you so sure the UNC under Kamla will be in power again? I know you not living in TnT. Still a lot of people see her and Moonilal as very unpatriotic right now

problemjay 2020-05-20 20:55:37 

In reply to TriniStar

granite leave i since the 1960's as a lil boy he has NO clue what he talking about lol

all we know iz he hate PNM and love UNC

For his sake ah hope he dont cry blood again if the UNC lose again twisted

granite 2020-05-20 21:01:19 

In reply to TriniStar
I do not want her in power neither do I want to see a bunch of crooks,it is time TT people stop fooling themselves.The people of TT have been robbed for 58 years and it is time to stop,there must be change.TT is run by the Syrians,they have the government and the Opposition in their backpockets.

Trinistar I would like to see an end to the backward politics that exists in TT,indian voting for Indian and Afros voting for Afro,that is backward as can be.I hope for Trinis sake that their politics change,I also hope that change can come with victory by the PEP under Alexander,he has exposed the PNM and the UNC.I also want that arsehole problemjay to understand,I don't need to cry about shit politics,I happily live in England in a very nice part of London,I wonder if cried when PNM lost and UNC won a few years ago.If yuh reading this problemjay here' some advice,go hide yourself under Marlrne Mc.Donald frock.

problemjay 2020-05-20 21:12:51 

In reply to granite

Old man who have been living in England since the 1960's you seem very fixated on race. Let me inform you about what is important to people in TnT..what is important is which one of the two parties.are the lesser of two evils and i have my doubts people will bring back a failed PM who is not popular right now. Under Kamla leadership I personally don't see UNC being attractive to many swing voters but of course time will tell.

Now talk policy and future development projects and how the Covid was managed in TnT. Do not come to me about race, your old ass need to stay in England with that talk

problemjay 2020-05-20 21:17:08 

UNC supporting Trump moves in Vene Link Text

Very unwise move knowing Trump is hated by many Trinis

TriniStar 2020-05-20 21:54:12 

In reply to granite

I really cannot take you seriously if you believe what you said about "My hope is that the PEP under Philip Alexander.."

this guy who a lot of people across still do not know has failed so many times in the past as a candidate for different political parties and he really is just now an internet social media warrior. He and his party cannot win one constituency seat to save their lives

granite 2020-05-20 22:38:05 

Problemjay you are the cunt fixated by race,just answer me this,who are the most deprived people in Trinidad and Tobago and what is their race,number 2 which are the most deprived places in Trinidad and what are the races living in those areas,3 who are the least educated children and what are their races.Now don't come talk fuck to me,you are a big rass clart misfit.The PNM is a majority Afro party and yet the people who suffers more than any are the Afro population.After 58 years in power, why has the Afro population deteriorated to such an existence,the PNM will continue to use those people,but they will get smart soon.As for the UNC,I hope they don't even form the Opposition I would like to see the PEP get that position,because it doesn't seem possible that they can win,given time in opposition they will soon be the government.Time to change,and all good things come to an end.

problemjay 2020-05-20 22:46:53 

In reply to granite

Ok English man living in England who knows not one shit about TnT politics evil

granite 2020-05-21 15:10:46 

In reply to problemjay
You call that politics,it might be because you live in a "Banana Republic".Allyuh ready to sell more petrol to Venezuela,tell me who sharing in that 150 million dollars.

Dan_De_Lyan 2020-05-21 15:41:41 

Why the asshole of a donkey round but it shits square?

YOU DON’T KNOW?

You don’t know shit but want to speak about politics

Emir says he is OK and does not want to talk to egotistical infidels

granite 2020-05-21 19:45:51 

Tell me who has fucked up the farmers over the last 58 years,who making all the money with the importation of farming produce.
Me listening to Mr.Alexander and he may not win a seat but people will understand that they have been swindled over the years.

granite 2020-05-21 21:06:31 

Emir is a strong PNM and I understand and respect that and no need to cuss him because of his views,he also wouldn't cuss me for wanting to see a change,new blood,UNC and PNM Indo Afro shyte must stop.Mr Alexander will create that change but it will take a couple years.

B16JP587S 2020-05-21 22:48:04 

In reply to Dukes

Has anyone seen or heard from Emir in the last 2 months?

Nobody else noticed this elephant in the room? ( Dukes' question). lol