The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Cameron sends lawyer letter to CWI

sgtdjones 2020-05-20 01:36:29 

Cameron sends lawyer letter to CWI

Former president of Cricket West Indies (CWI) Dave Cameron has sent a legal letter to the board seeking a copy of the PKF report that was done on behalf of the board, last year. 

Link Text

POINT 2020-05-20 03:47:53 

This is precisely why in my opinion all
current Members of the WICBC/CWI must
be removed from West Indies Cricket .

In the Good Book WE are warned not to
put New Wine into old Bottles . It seems that what We currently have is
one faction of the Board is against
another section of the Board .

My take , is that what is needed is
A completely new Structure in West Indies Cricket . My definition of the
word Structure , involves New Rules and Regulations ; and completely new
Persons in the governance of West Indies Cricket .

It absolutely makes no sense having a
New Structure , with the Persons who for decades have bluntly refused to
change the over 100 years old Structure .

It is not a secret that the WICBC/CWI
Commissioned several Reports , and on recieving those Reports , they were switfly discarded ,without much changes in the Structure of the WICBC/CWI .

I am of the opinion , that the Regional Governments should donate some of their Financial Resources to
West Indies Cricket via the WICBC/CWI.

However to ensure that the money is
properly spent , the Regional Governments MUST HAVE Representatives
on the WICBC/CWI .

I am fully aware that some people are
going to state that the WICBC/CWI is
a Private Entity therefore Governments cannot tell the WICBC /CWI what they want to do .

Now this is despite the fact that currently the WICBC/CWI Owns only
One Cricket Ground in the Region .

The Members of the WICBC / CWI & The Regional Cricket Boards blithely refuse to understand that they are generally using Public Grounds , Security provided by the host Countries Police Officers , and God forbid , in the event of a Fire the
Fire Services of the Host Countries .

These obviously are Public Entities ,
I cite this to state that The WICBC/CWI cannot factually State that it is Private Entity , when it uses
Public Facilities , and its Security is provided by the Policemen of the
Host Countries where matches are played .

Let me remind ALL , that the BCCI some years ago refused to do certain things , and was made to appear before the Supreme Court in India , where the BCCI Representatives were
verbally slapped around by the India
Supreme Court .

The BCCI Stated that it was a Private Entity , and therefore it was not bound to adhere to the findings a Judge .

For its Tardness , The India Supreme Court removed the President of the BCCI from his position as President of the BCCI , it also disciplined the Secretary of the BCCI .

BTW the India Supreme Court also concluded that the BCCI aint a Private Entity . Perhaps the Governments in the Region need to take the WICBC/CWI Court .

So when the People in the ICC talk about its Members are Private Entities Boards , the India Supreme Court quickly dispelled that notion .

sgtdjones 2020-05-20 14:05:27 

Cameron

When others tried to get such info when you were in charge, I understand you said we are a private entity and can do whatever we want, even to CARICOM.

Its an internal audit and CWI didn't make such comments, the audit was leaked and subject to any authors viewpoint.

Whom did the Administrators and Board report to?

Most documentation were classified or shelved.