The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Trump refuses to be honest when honesty matters

black 2020-05-21 11:17:40 

Even if the guy is incompetent, (he is) honesty would have gone a long way but the guy refuses to do it.

Who is going to dig him out of his trust, deficit?

black 2020-05-21 11:34:29 

Who still thinks this guy is going to be reelected?

Drapsey 2020-05-21 12:07:05 

In reply to black

Who still thinks this guy is going to be reelected?

I do.

It won't be on the strength of my vote though.

Yes, like Richard Nixon, he'll be elected to a 2nd term. Not sure yet whether he'll do like Nixon and resign somewhere along the line, or be impeached (eventually).

black 2020-05-21 12:58:42 

In reply to Drapsey

Watergate didn't really break until after Nixon had been reelected.

Trump has a big problem with older voters and trust me, they vote in large numbers. When the virus was wreaking havoc on people with compromised immune systems and older folks, Trump and Fox news were telling them not to worry. As a result, he has lost huge support among older voters and the whole bleaching and Hydroxychlocloquine mess is not helping him one bit. The guy even had to lie about taking Hydroxychlocloquine to try to regain some support but he had already shown that he is not trustworthy.

Democrats have amassed a treasure trove of material against Trump, to be used in the election, including, "The coronavirus is a hoax."

I don't see how Trump comes back from this.

Barry 2020-05-21 13:05:35 

Dishonesty is reflected in denying God exists...

camos 2020-05-21 13:15:58 

In reply to Barry

where is he?

lol

black 2020-05-21 13:24:22 

In reply to camos

Barry needs to take Trump's advice and drink some bleach. lol

dayne 2020-05-21 13:42:38 

Well if Trump is re-elected many people will experience very miserable lives, they might be better off drinking bleach.

VIX 2020-05-21 13:44:29 

breaking backroom news:
Trump is a compulsive liar!!

wow! It only took a few years to figure that out lol

crazies on the loose!

JohnBull 2020-05-21 15:05:36 

oono hear wha mi seh ... God love a duck if this cretin wins again

black 2020-05-21 15:26:08 

In reply to JohnBull

Daaaaaamn. lol

embsallie 2020-05-21 15:46:59 

In reply to Drapsey

Drapesy,
I do not see how.
It was inconceivable then in 2016 when he got elected.
Since then Trump has shown a propensity to be nothing but a loud-mouthed individual who has mastered the art of deception, cruelty, narcissism, dishonesty and I could go on and on.
During his tenure, he very well could have boasted about the stock market which by the way seems to have nothing to do with the economic downturn or upturn. That is basically just greedy people betting on the miseries of others.

Since the pandemic he really has nothing to go on except lies, conspiracy theories and hateful rhetoric.
There are 93,000 people dead, he has fumbled and stumbled his way through a pandemic due to ineptitude and a stubbornness that is unmatched in any facet of life.
He is unapologetic and insists that the only way out of this quagmire is his way of doing things, even if he is surrounded by some of the best minds in the Country who he tends to ignore.

At the end of it all, voters are going to see him for who he is. They will balance the need for someone who is more stable and steadfast during a crisis.
I for one will vote for anyone other than Trump. That is the way I think the electorate will go.

This country needs stability to move forward. Trump is impulsive (which makes him dangerous) and inconsistent which makes him undependable.
The small faction of deplorables who he calls his base will be there for him, but no sane, thoughtful individual will make that mistake twice.

black 2020-05-21 15:53:41 

In reply to embsallie

Well said.

vsingh 2020-05-21 16:51:02 

It was inconceivable then in 2016 when he got elected.
Since then Trump has shown a propensity to be nothing but a loud-mouthed individual who has mastered the art of deception, cruelty, narcissism, dishonesty
along with
The small faction of deplorables who he calls his base will be there for him
In reply to embsallie

Could be the very reason he will be re-elected.

Drapsey 2020-05-21 16:53:48 

In reply to embsallie

Those are all good (actually valid, not good) points, but some people remain un-phased. Always remember that he professes to be a Christian and even went as far as to move the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to the Holy City (Jerusalem), thereby appeasing a certain 'clan'.

Even with his day by day demonstration of the fact that he is unfit for the office, there are always the likes of Nickatur and WI_cricfan who remain unwavering in their support. Notice I didn't mention nitro (for whom there is some hope).

black 2020-05-21 17:12:50 

In reply to Drapsey

Notice I didn't mention nitro (for whom there is some hope)

lol lol lol

TheTrail 2020-05-21 17:15:40 

In reply to black

Trump refuses to be honest when honesty matters

Does Trump have the capacity to be honest, I doubt it.

It seems honesty is not a word in his vocabulary.

Oilah 2020-05-21 17:40:12 

In reply to black

Can a crocodile be a herbivore rolleyes