The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

White policeman kneed yet another black man to death

Casper 2020-05-26 17:41:41 

When will this stop?

It seems only a violent revolt would bring sufficient attention to this type of thing to end it. Simply engaging in civil marches means nothing.

Chrissy 2020-05-26 18:28:27 

In reply to Casper

Unbelievable

DukeStreet 2020-05-26 18:33:13 

In reply to Casper

The cops are despicable. I saw another video where they held a white dude's face into the dirt for over 5 minutes until he stopped breathing. Just another way for them to get away with killing people.

twisted

Casper 2020-05-26 19:49:51 

In reply to DukeStreet

Prior to camera videos they were simply getting away with murder, with the protection of the infamous blue line and corrupt prosecutors and judges, especially those who got their jobs through elections and having to cater to party positions.

Now, even though there may be cameras round to record their actions, they still can’t help themselves, because this is what they have been accustomed to doing, and bad habits die slowly.

All the police training in the world is not going to stop these actions unless there is the political will to stop it and to have the enforcement of strict rules regarding police behaviour,

In the Age of Trump and the racist attitude he has been encouraging, the chance for such changes is nil. Nothing is going to change until such repetitive behaviour leads to violence, and no one wants that downward climb into chaos.

hotarobin 2020-05-26 19:55:52 

In reply to Casper

this video shows the full extent of the heartlessness.....feel free to use..

dayne 2020-05-26 20:13:47 

Well how about the other breaking News from Central Park, NY, where the lady with the dog is making false claims about a Black guy to the Police, thank God he recorded the incident, it certainly save him from being arrested and probably a beatdown. What a vicious racist society.

Courtesy 2020-05-26 20:33:45 

Hell no!!!...hell no!!!

Highway murder. This is a sin crying out for vengeance.

birdseye 2020-05-26 20:48:39 

In reply to Courtesy

there is no way you could believe this if you did not see it on video – this is unreal ---

Cheeks 2020-05-26 20:50:24 

Trump soon come seh dat a portion of the video which tells a different story is missing...and Maj, Nickoutr, Mitro and Beat-he-own-damnballs will say yes sah Missah T.

More 'very good' people doing dem ting.

Kaepernick still a son of bitch?

problemjay 2020-05-26 20:52:22 

Is this the freedom in America the forum member black has bragged out?

Courtesy 2020-05-26 21:20:47 

In reply to birdseye

You are correct. I also regret viewing the video. I have now to fall back on anger mgt.

openning 2020-05-26 21:51:37 

Four Minneapolis officers are fired after video shows one kneeling on neck of black man who later died, mayor says.
Link Text

hotarobin 2020-05-26 22:34:43 

In reply to Courtesy

yeah I get you but better to view it and deal with your anger than not to see it eh? now you are armed with the knowledge of this madness...

Courtesy 2020-05-26 22:38:17 

In reply to hotarobin

Man I can never imagine that persons sworn to upholding the law can regale in such heinousness.

hotarobin 2020-05-26 22:39:37 

In reply to Cheeks

you will also start to see videos of him high three weeks earlier and when he robbed a grocery store and stole a six pack of beer ten years ago....watch the nonsense unfold...

Curtis 2020-05-26 22:40:53 

Refused to watch it.

Fyah bun.

hotarobin 2020-05-26 22:47:17 

In reply to Courtesy

it's really sad. from the full video he had his knee on the guys neck for at least 7 minutes but likely longer as the video was captured after the incident began...and dispite the repeated pleas of mercy from the public....he vehemently refused to show any compassion...

JahJah 2020-05-26 22:49:25 

Don't need to watch that shit. Mek me keep my blood pressure in check, yaaa.

Ayenmol 2020-05-26 23:52:28 

Straight murder.

Period.

Norm 2020-05-27 01:20:53 

Fired? These idiots should have been arrested for murder.

Are we to accept that dismissal is just punishment for murder?

Priapus 2020-05-27 02:18:40 

Great tweet by Bernice King referencing the outrage over Kaepernick's kneeling.

birdseye 2020-05-27 02:32:05 

In reply to Norm
Former congressman Keith Ellison is now Minnesota Attorney General – so he may have something to say about the case, whatever that will be. lets hope justice will be done.

black 2020-05-27 04:46:35 

Is that cop retarded or what?

That is way too long to be on that man's neck like that.

hotarobin 2020-05-27 04:47:38 

those vile excuse for officers have absolutely no idea how to deal with the public....they are completely clueless about their core job requirements...how is it that police academies can roll out completely incompetent candidates like this?

in that entire ordeal they are acting like the public (who they are being paid to protect) is the enemy...when the public is pleading for mercy...

I can bet that if it were a dog they were trying to control it would be alive today...

DukeStreet 2020-05-27 08:02:44 

In reply to Casper

The cop's name is Derek Chauvin.

Here is a Facebook pic of him with a "Make Whites Great Again" hat on

shock

birdseye 2020-05-27 09:27:31 

In reply to hotarobin

I can bet that if it were a dog they were trying to control it would be alive today...
you are so right ---- any 4 legged animal would be treated better ---and that’s so sad sad sad sad

doosra 2020-05-27 10:47:57 

this boils my blood

JahJah 2020-05-27 11:46:52 

Apparently the cop's wife looks like his partner...or should I say his main accomplice.

sudden 2020-05-27 12:20:12 

In reply to Ayenmol

dont you think the black guy was partly responsible for his death?

dayne 2020-05-27 12:36:02 

In reply to DukeStreet

That picture on his Facebook page says a lot about what his mindset is.

tops 2020-05-27 12:57:14 

That is MURDER! He should be charged for breaking the law he swares to uphold. twisted

problemjay 2020-05-27 12:58:41 

We have seen these tragedies played out several times in recent years in America. People will be mad and protest as usual but in a couple weeks it will just be distant memory like Eric Garner, Trayvon Martin and many others. Same ole American story

So which domestic or world organisation, which country is going to the publicly call out the US for human rights abuse as the US do to other countries? That won't happen either because countries fear retaliation from the American government

methodic 2020-05-27 13:04:20 

someone will have to pay

JahJah 2020-05-27 22:17:15 

This man called out for his dead mother before he lost his last breath to that piece of shit. Let that sink in.

I'm sick and tired of his bullshit.

Courtesy 2020-05-28 11:05:47 

Bumped in the pursuit of justice.

Disgusting lowlife cops.

Norm 2020-05-28 12:59:41 

This should be outrageous to everyone, regardless of race. NO ONE should be treated in such a manner. The police's action was totally unnecessary.

That cop calmly murdered an innocent (as in, not proven guilty) civilian, hands in pocket and smile on his face, in plain view of the whole world, because he was confident his cop establishment would protect him, no matter what he did. And protect him they did. First, they put him and his buddies on paid administrative leave - essentially, a paid vacation. Then they fired them, to protect them from murder charges.

The message here is that we are all supposed to accept that cops could murder innocent civilians in cold blood, without need. TOTAL BS!

hotarobin 2020-05-28 13:19:14 

In reply to Norm

is that a fact that firing them protects them from murder charges? I wasn't aware of that...

the paramedics are also culpable for Floyd's death...they examined him, did absolutely nothing in the interest of Floyd.

I am convinced that Floyd was dead before he go into that ambulance....

Norm 2020-05-28 13:28:07 

In reply to hotarobin

is that a fact that firing them protects them from murder charges? I wasn't aware of that...

No, it is not a fact, but it creates the impression that they have already been punished.

tops 2020-05-28 14:19:34 

In reply to Norm
"This should be outrageous to everyone, regardless of race"
Or This should be outrageous to everyone, because of race, the human race.

Casper 2020-05-29 03:43:17 

America is about to burn. This didn't need to be this way. Poor political and judicial management.

That waste of a press conference this afternoon could have avoided this burning of the police station tonight. Arrest the damn murderers and it would have cooled the passion of the protesters, instead, the country prosecutor, Mike Freeman helped to inflame passions by even hinting there might be no charges. He then changed his tune slightly when that comment created much concern.

"The main question is what are you going to do about the murder of George Floyd," he said. "We are going to investigate it as expeditiously, thoroughly and completely as justice demands.

"Sometimes that takes a little time, and we ask people to be patient."

While he said that the video of Floyd's arrest is "horrific," he also said "there is other evidence that does not support a criminal charge."

Despite him saying exactly that, Freeman has since said that comment was "misinterpreted" and that he was meaning to express that "it is critical to review all the evidence."

"Misinterpreted" my foot.

hotarobin 2020-05-29 03:53:01 

In reply to Norm

.... I heard that the police Chief of that precinct was not happy with the officers and is throwing them under the bus as they rightfully deserve. Khobuchar said that it was the right first step for him to take in ensuring that they feel the full weight of the law. Without actually saying the words (possibly for legal reasons) she more or less said that it was murder and that they should be dealt with as such....let's see how this will play out...

Casper 2020-05-29 03:57:34 

In reply to hotarobin

Amy is toast. Check this out. She's part of Minnesota's problem

America's 2nd national war front has opened up.

Casper 2020-05-29 04:01:24 

Owner of the store where counterfeit $20.00 bill was used, speaks out..

hotarobin 2020-05-29 04:06:43 

In reply to Casper

I am not speaking to her viability as a running mate...what I am pointing to is her apparent stance on this death thus far. I would think however, that if she wants to see them pay for the crime they will given her current political status and aspirations so it will be interesting to see how this plays out...

hotarobin 2020-05-29 04:11:52 

In reply to Casper

based on the evidence presented there is nothing to suggest that the store patrons acted maliciously....

problemjay 2020-05-29 11:19:58 

United Nations condemns United States police killing of George Floyd Link Text