The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

why is everyone picking on Blacks, even Animols

sudden 2020-05-27 18:00:29 

then you have the US police killing blacks almost everyday and people posting about feeding their monster.

i mean what has Black done anyone?

bravos 2020-05-27 18:16:51 

In reply to sudden

Playground bullying..

black 2020-05-27 18:31:31 

In reply to sudden

I think you know the answer.

Sangfroid 2020-05-27 18:32:42 

In reply to sudden

Here is an interesting stat: Link Text

There are about 4 Caribbean countries, and 12 African countries, with higher civilian death per capita by law enforcement than the US, yet the narrative here is police killing blacks en mass in the US. I defer to Sowell again..."compared to what"?

VIX 2020-05-27 18:40:15 

In reply to sudden

nothing but pure jealousy!!! evil evil evil

Jealous of what? Who the heck knows? big grin

Could be the sexy abs?

camos 2020-05-27 18:42:23 

In reply to Sangfroid

take the US killings by police of blacks and divide by the black population.

Sangfroid 2020-05-27 19:03:28 

In reply to camos

for What she did was evil and manipulative, she could have gotten the Guy kill, also she is a racist and contemptuous towards the guy, she figured she could just lie and get the Cops to get the guy out of her way. The Cops were being used as bouncers. comparison.

I have no issue with your assessment ref the case in point. However, it is quite a stretch to suggest that black people are dying at the hands of the police "almost everyday", in the US.

take the US killings by police of blacks and divide by the black population

Not sure how useful this would be, as you will have to account for the number of deaths at the hands of black police. If we use your methodology, we also have to address the fact that blacks commit a majority of violent crimes in the US. Then there is the issue of how many civilian deaths were justified. And these are just a few of the considerations that should invite a more sober assessment of the situation. Even when all such factors are taken into account, it is difficult to justify the relative silence on Caribbean and African rates, which is par for the course on here.

bravos 2020-05-27 19:08:01 

In reply to Sangfroid

The difference is they are usually hot criminals eluding capture fresh from committing crimes or wanted by police and not innocent people jogging or driving in the 'wrong' places at the wrong times while being black..

Isn't this obvious ?

vsingh 2020-05-27 19:12:56 

In reply to Sangfroid

I think the issue here is about how they are being killed not so much statistics.

How can you justify killing a man that is just exercising? and the other one totally helpless which the police still kept his knee on the guys neck until he stopped breathing. How can you justify that?

There is absolutely no way you can justify that.

Sangfroid 2020-05-27 19:14:07 

In reply to bravos

Yhe difference is they are usually hot criminals and not innocent black people jogging or driving in the 'wrong' places at the wrong times..

I defer to Sowell yet again...."what hard evidence do you"? Have you considered the impact technology in general, and social media in particular, has had on bringing these incidents to the fore? What about the mass media and its role?

Sangfroid 2020-05-27 19:18:17 

In reply to vsingh

I think the issue here is about how they are being killed not so much statistics.

How can you justify killing a man that is just exercising? and the other one totally helpless which the police still kept his knee on the guys neck until he stopped breathing. How can you justify that?

There is absolutely no way you can justify that.

There is no justification. That is not the issue for me here. I do understand the emotional response, but that does not excuse irrational conclusions. I'm not convinced things are worse today than say, 20 years ago. What has changed is the communication of these incidents.

bravos 2020-05-27 19:25:48 

In reply to Sangfroid

This is usuallly how police kill people in T&T..

Today

DukeStreet 2020-05-27 19:35:16 

In reply to Sangfroid

I would love to see the breakdown of
(1) Crimes not compiled by the police as an actual crime because they tend not to arrest due to whatever factors

(2) White collar crimes in the US. While not physically violent, they impact the country, economy and livelihood of people everyday. Also, the demographics of who actually commit these crimes.

Sangfroid 2020-05-27 19:39:36 

In reply to bravos

This is usuallly how police kill people in T&T..

Anecdotal evidence is rather low down on the scale of everything evidentiary. Then there is the issue of sampling bias. Not useful.

Sangfroid 2020-05-27 19:44:22 

In reply to DukeStreet

I would love to see the breakdown of
(1) Crimes not compiled by the police as an actual crime because they tend not to arrest due to whatever factors

(2) White collar crimes in the US. While not physically violent, they impact the country, economy and livelihood of people everyday. Also, the demographics of who actually commit these crimes.

Not sure how any of these would shed light on the argument that there is a sort of ethnic cleansing of blacks at the hands of the police.

Any idea why police killings in Jamaica and Trinidad, which are clearly more pronounced, don't get the same response here?

camos 2020-05-27 20:20:54 

In reply to Sangfroid

Any idea why police killings in Jamaica

Who said it does not?

Sangfroid 2020-05-27 20:24:36 

In reply to camos

Who said it does not?

I am.

camos 2020-05-27 20:32:25 

In reply to Sangfroid

you are very misinformed about police killings in Jamaica, there are times when a town or area of a town is locked down for days , people protesting police killing. On other occasions people are just too happy to be free from a constant nuisance.
Jamaican police would not kill a man in the manner Floyd was killed yesterday.

bravos 2020-05-27 20:36:25 

In reply to Sangfroid

Any idea why police killings in Jamaica and Trinidad, which are clearly more pronounced, don't get the same response here?

It's obvious,its mostly criminals get killed by cops in these parts..

Why do you think the incidents in the US stand out more despite percapita etc ?

That alone should put your argumant to rest..

When innocent people of certain races are getting killed by police no matter where, it cannot be justified classified or concluded by the same mathematics as gun toting criminals..

Their stories need to be told and repeated and repeated.....no one cares about the multiple criminals shot by police,but they care about the one innocent person..because it could be them..

Sangfroid 2020-05-27 20:37:10 

In reply to camos

Even when all such factors are taken into account, it is difficult to justify the relative silence on Caribbean and African rates, which is par for the course on here.

Sangfroid 2020-05-27 20:49:37 

In reply to bravos

It's obvious,its mostly criminals get killed by cops in these parts...

Is it, really? Again, I ask: what hard evidence do you have?

Why do you think the incidents in the US stand out more despite per capita etc?
That alone should put your argumant to rest...

Communication of these incidents, prevalence of social media, and hyper-sensitivity to all things race.

When innocent people of certain races are getting killed by police no matter where, it cannot be justified or classified by the same mathematics as gun toting criminals...

Conclusion: Only innocent black people die at the hands of the police in the US, and it is worse now than ever before. In fact, it is worse than Jamaica and Trinidad. Case closed.

Seneca: We suffer more in imagination than in reality.

nick2020 2020-05-27 22:29:36 

In reply to sudden

You are quite the Maestro.

sudden 2020-05-27 22:31:40 

why dont you stop with your nonsense and start a Sowell thread so you can pleasure yourself ?

Norm 2020-05-28 02:11:13 

In reply to Sangfroid

we also have to address the fact that blacks commit a majority of violent crimes in the US.

What kind of racist crap is that?

Is it, really? Again, I ask: what hard evidence do you have?

Yeah, let's have the hard evidence for the first quote.

Drapsey 2020-05-28 02:16:02 

In reply to Sangfroid

You sound like the poster named Dan_De_Lyan.

sudden 2020-05-28 12:28:16 

In reply to Drapsey

lalalala

Sangfroid 2020-05-28 12:33:31 

In reply to Norm

What kind of racist crap is that?

Facts are incapable of being racist. It is either my contention is true or not true. You are welcome to cite evidence to the contrary.

Here:
She then cited statistics from the Department of Justice showing blacks committing murders at a higher rate than all other racial groups and dying of homicide at a higher rate as well.

“According to the Justice Department, blacks die of homicide at six times the rate of whites and Hispanics combined. That’s because blacks commit homicide at eight times the rate of whites and Hispanics combined … In the 75 largest counties of the United States, which is where most of the population resides, blacks commit over 50 percent of all violent crime, though they’re 15 percent of the population in those counties,” she said. “These crime disparities are repeated in every big American city. Here in New York, blacks commit 75 percent of all shootings, though they’re 23 percent of the population. How do we know that? That’s what the victims of and witnesses to those shootings, who are overwhelmingly minority themselves, tell the police.”

Link Text

Norm 2020-05-28 12:49:20 

In reply to Sangfroid

blacks commit a majority of violent crimes in the US.

In the 75 largest counties of the United States, which is where most of the population resides, blacks commit over 50 percent of all violent crime

Sure. That is a very strong logical connection there. When Trump ups the rhetoric against the Chinese he might choose his own set of counties, etc. Perfect.

Sangfroid 2020-05-28 13:20:26 

In reply to Norm

Sure. That is a very strong logical connection there. When Trump ups the rhetoric against the Chinese he might choose his own set of counties, etc. Perfect.

I'm confused.

Here:
And yes, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, black offenders committed 52 per cent of homicides recorded in the data between 1980 and 2008.

Link Text

What worries me is the suggestion that population density in itself is a cause of violent crime, while totally ignoring the aggregate statistic which is in fact the relevant measure of "majority". Why are you denying this,star? To prove what?

Drapsey 2020-05-28 13:21:29 

In reply to sudden

Serious thing with this Sangfriod guy.

His first appearance a year ago coincided with the curious disappearance of Dan_De_Lyan. When Dan_De_Lyan finally resurfaced, Sangfroid disappeared.

Now that Dan_De_Lyan is once again MIA, guess who shows up talking his usual $hit?

Here goes history repeating itself.

bravos 2020-05-28 17:44:06 

In reply to Sangfroid

Who's gonna complain about this one,happened this morning,everyone knew this legendary pest ..

Great work by the police..

You can't compare these incident with police killings of innocent civilians in the US,no matter how you spin it..

bravos 2020-05-28 17:45:39 

Here's a photo from the scene..

Chrissy 2020-05-28 17:56:25 

Kaepernick speaks for me

Sangfroid 2020-05-28 19:26:40 

In reply to bravos

Who's gonna complain about this one,happened this morning,everyone knew this legendary pest ..

Great work by the police..

You can't compare these incident with police killings of innocent civilians in the US,no matter how you spin it..

Clearly, you have a comprehension problem.

sudden 2020-05-28 21:45:49 

Sowell is a wingnut