The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Today (Monday Aug 10th) is Election Day - T&T

problemjay 2020-07-11 18:44:09 

The official CC thread

PM rings bell for August 10 Link Text

problemjay 2020-07-11 18:47:19 

Prime Minister Dr the Hon Keith Rowley has written to H.E. Irwin La Rocque, CARICOM Secretary-General and the Hon Patricia Scotland QC, Commonwealth Secretary-General today (Thursday 09 July, 2020).

The letter formally invites both parties to send election observation missions under its auspices to observe Trinidad and Tobago's processes and operations in the upcoming parliamentary elections which will be held on August 10, 2020. Link here

problemjay 2020-07-11 18:52:52 

Election fever in full swing!

PM Dr Rowley confident of significant PNM sweep in election Link Text

Opposition Leader KPB claims PNM supporters being let into the country Link Text

problemjay 2020-07-11 18:56:40 

no surprise here! COP, PEP and all these other third parties are NO threat

NACTA Poll shows no real threat from third parties in safe seats for upcoming election Link Text

TriniStar 2020-07-11 19:50:11 

In reply to problemjay

Opposition Leader KPB claims PNM supporters being let into the country Link Text

and how would she know who are PNM supporters? her campaign manager is failing her

sgtdjones 2020-07-12 01:52:37 

In reply to problemjay

PM: I will not cry if I am not re-elected

"Today I am particularly happy. I have completed my journey. I am going to the polls on August 10 and if I am not elected I won't cry. Because I have completed the abandoned projects not only in Diego Martin but around the country."

Growley knows that it is a close race. He making excuses already.

rolleyes

Narper 2020-07-12 01:57:44 

In reply to sgtdjones

Growley already seh he going to plant garden in Tobago if people want Kamla

What he dont know.....he go meet up with Duke in Tobago...de man who 'swam' from Tobago to T'dad big grin

problemjay 2020-07-12 02:20:46 

Narper you think is the Guyanese rum have the yellow party Queen so drunk and disorderly here? Link Text

lol lol lol

TriniStar 2020-07-12 13:14:36 

In reply to problemjay

lol Man Moonilal up really close behind her

sgtdjones 2020-07-12 14:23:12 

In reply to Narper

Ragoonath: 4 marginals key to election

Four marginal constituencies – three in Trinidad and one in Tobago – could determine the outcome of the August 10 general election.This is the view of political scientist Dr Bishnu Ragoonath as he weighed in on the campaign, a month before the election.

Ragoonath said unlike the 2015 general election, where six to eight marginal constituencies held sway, “I am now seeing three marginal constituencies in Trinidad as well, as the Tobago seat (Tobago East), will now be critical in this election.”
He identified Moruga/Tableland and San Fernando West, both of which are currently held by the PNM, and San Juan/Barataria, held by the UNC, as the constituencies that could determine which party wins the election.

Tobago worries

Addressing the Prime Minister’s recent statement that he would not forgive Tobagonians if they elected Duke to the Parliament, Ragoonath said this indicates Dr Rowley “has some concerns” about the party’s support in Tobago.

problemjay 2020-07-12 14:43:32 

Reject Watson Duke as a candidate

The PNM National Women’s League is calling for PDP leader and Tobago East candidate Watson Duke to be rejected as a candidate in the general election as he is currently before the courts on charges of rape and sexual assault. The league said several other candidates being offered by parties opposed to the PNM are either facing criminal charges or have had serious allegations made against them.

problemjay 2020-07-12 14:44:19 

In reply to TriniStar

Man Moonilal up really close behind her

doh disrespect d next Opposition Leader/ Political Leader of the UNC come August 11 lol

problemjay 2020-07-12 14:47:35 

This is what A LOT OF PEOPLE SAYING! Link Text

Kamla stack them up to make sure she have the support to remain leader after she lose

sgtdjones 2020-07-13 02:52:05 

Muslim Federation backs Kamla

Imam Rasheed Karim, chairman, Umah T&T/ Muslim Federation is confident that Muslims in T&T will play an important role in the marginal seats in the upcoming general election.

“We want to make a dent in places like Moruga/Tableland and San Juan/Barataria and others. Because of the misrepresentation of the PNM Government, they have given the election victory to the UNC,” he said.

The federation represents 17 independent Islamic organisations in the country that are not aligned to the biggest Islamic organisations.

He estimates that there are at least 175,000 Muslims in T&T

Link Text

sgtdjones 2020-07-13 02:54:46 

Lee, Abdulah campaign on reopening refinery

While candidates for the Pointe-a-Pierre constituency David Abdulah and Dr David Lee are both campaigning on the promise of reopening the Pointe-a-Pierre refinery, the latter says the facility will be State-run under a United National Congress government. Lee's statement suggests that the current acquisition process currently taking place between the Government and Patriotic Energies and Technologies Co Ltd will cease if they are voted into power. 
"It's going to be a State-run refinery. We are going to bring it back to the people of Trinidad & Tobago. We are not going to allow the private sector, without State input and without government input to have a say because that is the fuel security of our country and we are not going to give that away," Lee said.

Link Text

Jeremy 2020-07-13 03:49:14 

[

quote]
In reply to sgtdjones

PM: I will not cry if I am not re-elected

"Today I am particularly happy. I have completed my journey. I am going to the polls on August 10 and if I am not elected I won't cry. Because I have completed the abandoned projects not only in Diego Martin but around the country."[/quote]

If rowley lose he will pull a granger and cry. remember granger say he will accept recount result and then he change his mind.

remember granger say he will accept the ccj ruling and then he change his mind again.

rowley is doing political talk. if he lose he will pull a granger and cry.

sgtdjones 2020-07-13 13:34:39 

Thuggery in Bamboo, claims UNC candidate

United National Congress (UNC) St Joseph candidate Ahloy Hunt has condemned the “political thuggery” he says is taking place in the constituency.Hunt said on Saturday he deployed equipment and a team of engineers in Bamboo No. 1 to reinforce river embankments.This was in response to a call from the residents of Bamboo No. 1 to bring relief to their perennial flooding woes.

“In a despicable and low move, a team of PNM activists came to the worksite at 12 noon and sought to prevent the clearing and raising of the embankment,” stated Hunt.
He said he and his team “are alarmed that PNM activism went as far as securing police presence to prevent the operations of the equipment, even though the drainage authorities had been provided with the required information,”.

Link Text

bravos 2020-07-13 16:04:36 

In reply to Jeremy

Brother man stay in your lane..

What bullshit you talking here,you ever see any of that shit in T&T before? Man keep that backward business for your Guyana threads thanks..

We not like allyuh,misery looking for company I see..

Jabari18 2020-07-13 16:51:44 

In reply to bravos

We have picong during the race and peaceful transitions after

bravos 2020-07-13 16:54:18 

In reply to Jabari18

Yep..

Bari wey de ass you was all dis time,yuh good...how things.

Jabari18 2020-07-13 16:58:22 

In reply to bravos

Was under a rock lol lol lol

Things good. Grateful that we handled this COVID thing good. How things?

bravos 2020-07-13 17:10:02 

In reply to Jabari18

Yeah man we did well,at first I was like waaah, but then we can all see the the benefits of the early action and good management..

Yeah well now trying to get some things rolling,should be on that new project on the Lady Young in a couple weeks with my concrete system...

Cant wait for the activity and to smell some diesel fumes, its been slow for a while now...

Jabari18 2020-07-13 17:13:39 

In reply to bravos

All d best wit dem tings. I kno allyu would've gotten hit hard oui. How wifey and the kids?

VIX 2020-07-13 17:26:43 

In reply to bravos

Man keep that backward business for your Guyana threads thanks..

big grin big grin

eh, check socafighter for some project management tips
lol lol lol

bravos 2020-07-13 17:30:13 

In reply to Jabari18

Kids got the impromptue vacation that we wished for as kids ourselves,no school for months jess so! No complaints from them lol,had to manage them though ,they were close to becoming zombies on devices..

Did a lot of grilling and wifey did a lot of shark and bake and aloo pie evenings with all the condiments mango etc,can't complain it was good quality time..

bravos 2020-07-13 17:30:44 

In reply to VIX

Lol. smile

problemjay 2020-07-13 17:38:41 

There are some internal issues in the UNC camp. People very mad at Kamla for giving them candidates they reject. In this case you UNC supporters in Couva North still mad at Kamla for replacing the incumbent Link Text

VIX 2020-07-13 18:15:55 

In reply to problemjay

meanwhile, there are absolutely no internal issues in the PNM camp lol lol

None

None

NOne

political fanatics are the worst kind oui...

PNM/UNC, one side bad, the other side terrible, it varies day to day.

Yet the fanatics want to live and die PNM/UNC

Allyuh think it easy?

problemjay 2020-07-13 19:19:37 

In reply to VIX

you need to understand this is a current issue that has the possibility to create a bigger problem if the discontent with Kamla choice for candidates overspill into other UNC safe constituencies.

More calls to bring back Ramdial

More supporters of Couva North MP Ramona Ramdial are begging for an urgent meeting with leader of the United National Congress (UNC), Kamla Persad-Bissessar, before Nomination Day.

On Sunday, the residents of Temple Street, Bank Village, Carapichaima, staged a placard demonstration calling for the return of Ramdial.

The UNC Screening Committee chose to go with Ravi Ratiram as the new Couva North candidate, rather than having Ramona Ramdial run for the seat once more.

Rajesh Rattan, spokesman for the residents, told Guardian Media that they had attempted last week to deliver a petition to UNC political leader Kamal Persad- Bissessar; however, no one at the UNCs offices at Rampersad Building in San Fernando was prepared to take it. The petition was delivered instead to her residence at Philippine, in South Trinidad. 

Rattan said the UNC Leader has always preached the mantra “the voice of the people is the voice of God”, but does not seem to be adhering to that.

“The voice of the people of Couva North has said Couva North want Ramdial to remain as their MP,” he stated. “Representatives throughout the constituency submitted in writing their support for Ramdial return as their MP to the party, along with unanimous support declared by the Couva North Executive and all party groups. The voice of the people was ignored by the screening committee and the people of Couva North are pleading with the committee to reconsider their decision and reinstate Ramdial as the candidate for Couva North.”  

At Temple Street, Rafique Backridee said Ramdial had ensured the community got good roads, drains and a pipe-borne supply of water.

His calls were echoed by Nazira Padarath, who said she got a hamper from Ramdial when she was unable to work during the Covid-19 lockdown See link

Halliwell 2020-07-13 19:22:11 

In reply to problemjay

Kamla just needs to hold on and hold out
They will vote for Naps boy Ratiram even if they vex about Ramona

problemjay 2020-07-13 19:23:29 

More discontent, this time from some business leaders about the rejection of senior UNC MP Tewarie Link Text

problemjay 2020-07-13 19:27:00 

In reply to Halliwell

Kamla just needs to hold on and hold out
They will vote for Naps boy Ratiram even if they vex about Ramona

oh i believe she will still win that seat BUT it hurts her national perception. The national perception of why she got rid of most of her senior MPs. Or maybe its just true and not just perception. Read what Martin Daly said here Link Text

VIX 2020-07-13 19:57:39 

In reply to problemjay

UNC winning that seat if they send up a load of gobar as the candidate.
Not unlike the other safe seats of either party.

Only diehard fanatics will make this an issue.

80% of the country is PNM/UNC till they dead.
The other 20% which include me, will decide the outcome of the elections. Unfortunately I'm in a safe seat, so my vote is pointless....

I'd vote PNM if it would make a difference. But I ent deading for nobody.

I think Rowley made some tough decisions that had to be made. And many more tough decisions will have to be made.

Kamla's pie-in-the-sky pandering is silly and unworkable.

I give PNM the edge with a smaller majority.

sgtdjones 2020-07-13 20:41:43 

Duke: Don't send me to Parliament alone

Progressive Democratic Patriots (PDP) political leader Watson Duke says Tobago needs to elect, not one but both its candidates to Parliament in the general election on August 10.

sgtdjones 2020-07-13 20:43:20 

Annisette: No sympathy for PM’s call for union restraint

MICHAEL Annisette, head of the Seamen and Waterfront Workers Trade Union (SWWTU), was unimpressed with the Prime Minister’s appeal to trade unions to ease up the Government on demanding outstanding pay-hikes. At a televised PNM meeting in Diego Martin on Saturday, Dr Rowley said the Government on taking office had borrowed $6 billion to pay public servants, but could only pay further sums owed when the country’s financial state improved.

Link Text

problemjay 2020-07-13 22:34:11 

lol lol lol lol

Rodney Charles! you only speaking yuh mind Sir Link Text

bravos 2020-07-13 22:38:08 

Duke doesn't stand a chance in this lifetime,joker..

bravos 2020-07-13 23:22:06 

Rowley on fire.. on the campaign trail..

Emir 2020-07-14 00:09:16 

In reply to Jabari18

Jabs, how you doing youth man?

Glad you are back.

problemjay 2020-07-14 12:04:56 

So Kamla went on national Tv and lie?! She said she had the backing of all Muslim organisations Link Text

TML, ASJA, TIA to remain impartial

Three Muslim organisations have distanced themselves from claims that the Muslim community in T&T are supporting the United National Congress (UNC) in the August 10 general election. Link Text

Narper 2020-07-14 18:24:55 

Panday party pulls out of election

Narper 2020-07-14 18:30:56 

A group of 25 Muslim organisations in Trinidad and Tobago have banded together to throw their support behind Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar for the August 10 general election.

link

Narper 2020-07-14 18:34:39 

In reply to VIX

After consecutive elections when there have been only two parties to choose from, voters living in the constituency of St Augustine now are spoiled for choice, with five candidates contesting the seat.

The five are Renuka Sagramsingh-Sooklal for the PNM, Khadijah Ameen for the UNC, Satesh Ramsaran for the Progressive Empowerment Party, Carolyn Seepersad-Bachan for the COP and Inshan Ishmael, who is running as an independent.

Competition Sah

VIX 2020-07-14 18:45:31 

In reply to Narper

oh fact.
I buy cassava from the hat guy last month lol lol

anyways. St augustine is a UNC stronghold. It not moving.

bravos 2020-07-14 19:03:58 

In reply to Narper

Who dem? Lol seems like dem looking for drain work in Enterprise...

When you talking T&T Muslim if you not talking ASJA you not talking..

Some fly by night backyard mosque proprietors talking dey..

Narper 2020-07-14 20:27:25 

In reply to bravos

if you not talking ASJA you not talking..

Word is ASJA has big shot muslims only wink

problemjay 2020-07-15 13:22:42 

In reply to Narper

A group of 25 Muslim organisations in Trinidad and Tobago have banded together to throw their support behind Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar for the August 10 general election.

Three Muslim organisations have distanced themselves from claims that the Muslim community in T&T are supporting the United National Congress (UNC) in the August 10 general election. Link Text

problemjay 2020-07-15 13:27:02 

ASJA is the biggest and most influential Muslim Organisation in T&T. If you not talking about their support then don't bother talk about you have Muslim support

sgtdjones 2020-07-15 16:31:03 

In reply to Narper

"Divisive, explosive and dangerous".

That is how Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley described the decision of the Muslim Federation to come out in support of Opposition Leader Kamla Persad Bissessar.
A group of 25 Muslim organisations have banded together to support Persad Bissessar and have begun to make into marginal constituencies lobbying Muslim constituents to support the UNC in the August 10 election.

Link Text

problemjay 2020-07-15 16:39:07 

Jason Williams vs Sadman Hosein in a close fight in this marginal San Juan seat

PNM online rally in San Juan/Barataria Link Text

sgtdjones 2020-07-15 16:53:32 

In reply to problemjay

Hey wannabee Trini

One of the parties will have a margin of victory by one or two..... A close call even a tie.

Ah just learned ya.

cool cool cool

problemjay 2020-07-15 18:07:18 

In reply to sgtdjones

dont bother to give us your opinion, instead just copy and paste news. that is your only value in here, we all know you're a Canadian clown living in Canada who love Trini

lol

TriniStar 2020-07-15 18:52:55 

In reply to problemjay

Jason Williams vs Sadman Hosein in a close fight in this marginal San Juan seat

PNM online rally in San Juan/Barataria Link Text

Thanks for the link

sgtdjones 2020-07-15 19:13:13 

In reply to problemjay

OK name a friendly wager. I am game?

lol lol

TriniStar 2020-07-15 23:46:33 

lol lol these people on social media brutal Link Text

TriniStar 2020-07-15 23:50:31 

Duke facing plenty pressure right now

Come August 10th Duke will be worn out, he facing blows from several parties now.

Hochoy Charles call him a UNC agent lol

problemjay 2020-07-16 15:00:25 

Muslims ready to work with Government Link Text

As Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley handed over legal documents for the development of a Muslim cemetery yesterday, former House Speaker Nizam Mohammed said the Muslim community is willing and ready to work with the Government.

Rowley visited the Subratee Trace Masjid in Barrackpore where members of the Anjuman Sunnat-ul-Jamaat Association (ASJA), Trinidad Muslim League (TML), Tackveeyatul Islamic Association (TIA) and the Ahmadiyya Muslim community gathered to witness the handing over of documents for the development of the Douglas Road Barrackpore Muslim Cemetery on eight acres of State land. Read more

problemjay 2020-07-17 00:41:56 

WATSON DUKE!! Link Text

lol lol lol lol

sgtdjones 2020-07-17 01:34:30 

Ummah TT slams Muslim brothers: They are hypocrites

CHARIMAN of the UmmahTT/ Muslim Federation Rasheed Karim has slammed his Muslim brothers who criticised his organisation for supporting the Opposition but one day later, endorsed the Prime Minister and his party.“They are hypocrites,” Karim told the Newsday on Thursday, the day after ten of the larger Muslim organisations, including the Asja, TIA, TML and AMC pledged support for Rowley and his government when he presented them with legal documents to establish a Muslim cemetery in the Moruga/Tableland constituency.

Karim said representatives from those organisations identified were at his meeting last Sunday when they met with Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar and promised their support in this upcoming general election.However after the endorsement became public, the Asja distanced itself, stating it was an independent and religious organisation and had no political allegiance.

Link Text

On Thursday, Karim said, "The question is why is it when the Islamic Federation were supporting the UNC it was deemed political by the three major (Muslim) organisations, and here it is one day later we are seeing the very said thing happening where the Asja, TIA, TML are in full support of the PNM, is that not political?

Narper 2020-07-17 02:25:13 

Gary Hunt backs his UNC brother

Former People’s National Movement (PNM) Government Minister Gary Hunt has decided to throw his full support behind his brother Lieutenant Colonel Ahloy Hunt, the United National Congress (UNC) St Joseph candidate.

problemjay 2020-07-17 12:47:52 

Oh wow Kamla first you said "the BLACK man on the other side" then later in your speech you kept saying blank man. We not accepting rum as an excuse this time Link Text

sgtdjones 2020-07-17 13:49:58 

In reply to Narper

The announcement of Muslim support for the UNC was made by Karim at the Islamic Diplomatic Centre in Felicity last Sunday where Persad-Bissessar, who was invited, gave the feature address. Several top ASJA officials were present at the event.

Karim said he spent 16 years in ASJA and was a top official before he was expelled after he formed Ummah T&T, a Muslim lobby group.

“They said I formed a parallel organisation,” he said.

He said Ummah T&T now represents Muslims who are independent of those three organisations and who are members of some 50 mosques across the country.

Karim claimed “right now ASJA has the least amount of registered jamaats in the country”.

‘They just fooling Rowley’

sgtdjones 2020-07-17 14:01:42 

Ramnarine: Patriotic refinery deal too convenient

GOVERNMENT’s decision to close the Petrotrin Refinery deal with Patriotic Energies and Technologies Company Ltd has been met with a mixture of favour and scepticism, coming on the eve of a general election.Former Energy Minister Kevin Ramnarine said, “It is clear to me that the rush to finalise this arrangement is, of course, related to the pending election.
“It does not take a genius to figure that out. I mean the refinery was closed down on the November 30, 2018. They have had 19 months to do this and they are now bringing it on the eve of the general election. To me I find that too be too convenient."

Link Text

Tsk, tsk Growley

sgtdjones 2020-07-17 14:07:05 

Duke: PNM trying to 'buy' Tobago East with food cards

WATSON DUKE, Progressive Democratic Patriots (PDP) leader and candidate for Tobago East in the August 10 general election, is accusing the Government of trying to win the seat by a massive food card distribution drive including to people who had not applied and who did not need them.“How could a dead woman receive a food card for five years?” he asked, addressing a media briefing at the Public Services Association (PSA) office in Port of Spain on Thursday.

Duke alleged that while Tobagonians usually get a green-coloured food card, recently they had been receiving a red food card usually allocated for Trinidad. He said registration for the latter was usually very onerous, such as having to state your mother’s name, showing your ID card and utility bill, and making a declaration of income.

Link Text

razz razz razz

problemjay 2020-07-17 19:03:10 

Ah see Soca Music Tv facebook page serious about this election ting Link Text

TriniStar 2020-07-17 19:05:31 

In reply to problemjay

On that page is where I first saw that "black" and "blank" Kamla speech. UNC don't want that kinda attention right now

sgtdjones 2020-07-18 02:52:32 

In reply to Narper

What an institution 50 plus years and citizens cannot get water. PNM so successful.

Petrotrin refinery was now dark and eight of the 20 plants at Point Lisas had closed.

Between 2015 to the present, barrels of oil went down 28 per cent from 78,600 to 56,700 barrels per day and natural gas declined ten per cent from 3.84 to 3.44 bcf.

A new methanol plant in La Brea but now methanol plants were being closed.

Foreign reserves dropped from $10.8 billion in May 2015 to $6.9 billion in May 2020 and about $3 billion was borrowed money.Borrowing and draining the Heritage and Stabilisation Fund.

Not a square inch of acreage for exploration in the last five years awarded.

Officials at Proban, Yara and Nutrien have all cited how expensive natural gas in TT has been in the last two years.

He said biggest downfall of this Government was that there was no job creation.100,000 jobs lost over the last 5 years,no social programmes in the community centres, terrible roads, poor drainage resulting in major landslips and poor street lighting.

Wow , so how great is the PNM?

rolleyes

PM: UNC elements sabotaging water supply to influence voting

PNM lies.

Narper 2020-07-18 03:09:57 

In reply to sgtdjones

TT economy like Venezuela's

FORMER energy minister Kevin Ramnarine said TT has one of the worst performing economies in the world.

He was speaking on Thursday night during a UNC virtual campaign meeting.

He said the main issue in the general election was the state of the economy and its future. He pointed out that the economy last grew in 2015 (by 1.8 per cent) and that was under the Kamla Persad-Bissessar administration.

He said the economy declined 12.75 per cent in the last five years.

"This is one of the worst performing economies in the world. We are in company with Venezuela, Libya, Yemen, Lebanon and Puerto Rico which was devastated by a hurricane."

link

Narper 2020-07-18 03:17:00 

In reply to sgtdjones

Kamla seeks accord with parties to beat PNM

United National Congress leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar, who is predicting her party will win the August 10 General Election, has called for those from other political sides who are fed up with the People’s National Movement to unite to fight them in a National Accord Initiative.

Speaking at last night’s “On the Ballot” virtual meeting, Persad-Bissessar said, “I put out a clarion call to all and sundry from whichever political side who have become disheartened and disillusioned and even disgusted by the arrogance and aggression of the current administration, to become a part of the National Accord Initiative to heal and help restore T&T.

“And to those who have once been a part of us, I say welcome home. Now is the time to put aside our differences in the interest of our nation. Let us come together to fight this wicked Rowley Government. There is room for everyone at the table and under our tent.”

link

On the eve of today’s Nomination Day exercise for all prospective candidates, Persad-Bissessar said, “I’m convinced the UNC will win (elections) - I can see it, feel it and taste it. The entire country has gone yellow.”

Narper 2020-07-18 03:22:42 

The BLANK MAN

Persad-Bissessar doubled down on attacks against Prime Minister and PNM leader Dr Keith Rowley, whom she dubbed the “blank” man. She listed a number of perceived ills, asking the public to fill in the “blank” on the name of the person responsible for them.

“What has ‘blank’ done for T&T in the last five years? What has blank done for you? Not a blanking thing!!! So if he blanking you, what will you do come August 10th? Blank him out of office and let’s get T&T working again,” she said

THE BLANK MAN

Narper 2020-07-18 03:29:47 

Woman takes out protection order against Gypsy - People’s National Movement (PNM) candidate

A Rio Claro woman is now speaking out about her alleged physical abuse at the hands of a People’s National Movement (PNM) candidate for the upcoming August 20 General Election, saying she fears for her life if the allegations remain private.

Cooper said she also had a conversation with Laventille West MP Fitzgerald Hinds expressing her concerns about the relationship in February as well. She said Hinds told her “No one is above the law” and advised her to write to Rowley with her concerns
link

TriniStar 2020-07-18 10:02:56 

This right here tell me that Kamla is not confident on winning the election. She can claim the UNC will win but on the eve of nomination day she was begging for small parties to come unite with the UNC to beat the PNM.

United National Congress leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar, who is predicting her party will win the August 10 General Election, has called for those from other political sides who are fed up with the People’s National Movement to unite to fight them in a National Accord Initiative.

Speaking at last night’s “On the Ballot” virtual meeting, Persad-Bissessar said, “I put out a clarion call to all and sundry from whichever political side who have become disheartened and disillusioned and even disgusted by the arrogance and aggression of the current administration, to become a part of the National Accord Initiative to heal and help restore T&T.

“And to those who have once been a part of us, I say welcome home. Now is the time to put aside our differences in the interest of our nation. Let us come together to fight this wicked Rowley Government. There is room for everyone at the table and under our tent.”

problemjay 2020-07-18 13:45:12 

In reply to TriniStar

This right here tell me that Kamla is not confident on winning the election. She can claim the UNC will win but on the eve of nomination day she was begging for small parties to come unite with the UNC to beat the PNM.

dais wha ah saying! yuh cant be so confident if you asking small parties to join up with you

sgtdjones 2020-07-18 14:53:25 

In reply to problemjay

Hey PJ , its called not splitting the votes so another party can win.

So no wager on the outcome ,Huh?

razz razz razz

problemjay 2020-07-18 14:55:03 

In reply to sgtdjones

There is currently no third party in T&T strong enough to split any vote. This is why I told your clown ass to just post articles from Canada and don't bother give an opinion. You obviously do not know what you are talking about lol

problemjay 2020-07-18 14:56:39 

Well now look Kamla is crying out loud, "I am not a racist"

tis will be a long campaign for her

sgtdjones 2020-07-18 15:07:55 

In reply to problemjay

Warner said he had agreed to withdraw the ILP candidate in St Joseph so as to help the PNM’s Terrence Deyalsingh to win a tight race with the UNC’s Vasant Bharath.

“Dr Rowley felt the votes were too close for a third candidate and that an ILP participation would cause the PNM to lose.”

Hey PJ , the electorate,a few hundred
votes to any small party can change the outcome.

Doh worry ah go learn ya rass.

lol lol lol

a possible 20-20 PNM/UNC deadlock...Jack holding the ace.

Imbert asks Customs to clear backlog

See he now realize there is a backlog at Customs, just woke up.

sgtdjones 2020-07-18 15:10:29 

Jack: (Blankman) Rowley is a failure

FORMER minister Jack Warner said he conspired to help the PNM win the 2015 general election but now regrets this as he claimed the Prime Minister had failed in running TT.Saying the final straw was the PNM choosing "an outsider" to run in his constituency, Warner has decided to vie for the Lopinot/Bon Air West seat.

At a briefing at the Independent Liberal Party (ILP) office at Arouca on Thursday, he downplayed his woes as former FIFA vice president and as former minister who resigned under UNC leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

Link Text

Saying PNM leader the late Patrick Manning in 2014 had begged him to never help Rowley and Colm Imbert to run the country as they would ruin TT, Warner said in 2015 he had disregarded that advice and secretly met Rowley at a private house in Westmoorings.Jack met with the Blankman at Da Silva home every week for 3 months to give him advice.

razz razz razz razz

The bacchanal now start....Get em Jack

lol lol lol

sgtdjones 2020-07-18 15:27:20 

Blank showing real leadership,sigh

UNC Marsha Walker walks away after the PNM political leader Keith Rowley told her "I will have nothing to do you. You slandered me!"outside the Point Cumana Regional Complex, Point Cumana. See how blank treats women.

How sad to do this to an opponent, show class Rowley, Manning was correct, you are an idiot.

evil

TriniStar 2020-07-18 15:46:20 

In reply to problemjay

There is currently no third party in T&T strong enough to split any vote. This is why I told your clown ass to just post articles from Canada and don't bother give an opinion. You obviously do not know what you are talking about

Correct! they have absolutely no clout this time around. Each one of them will be luck to win 500 votes in each seat they contesting

TriniStar 2020-07-18 15:49:55 

Rowley was right not to shake this woman hand and blank her on nomination day. After she said all this nonsense then she still want to come and shake his hand. He is right I would have said the same. I doh want nothing to do with you Link Text lol

TriniStar 2020-07-18 15:51:07 

In reply to problemjay

Well now look Kamla is crying out loud, "I am not a racist"

tis will be a long campaign for her

well the video is out in the public for everyone to analyse. How many blanks she will get on election day? time will tell lol

VIX 2020-07-18 17:27:51 

This might be tighter than most folk expect. Up to yesterday I was certain of a small PNM victory.

But...

With Jack Warner in the fray, and Gypsy's restraining order, things uncertain.

Jack ent winning any seat, but if he gets 500-1000 votes, it could tip the seat in UNC's favour.

Moruga is the closest marginal. It might be hard for Gypsy to win there.

We still looking at 21-20 in PNM's favour, but things tight tight tight!

Oh.. and if Watson Duke wins a seat.. more pressha
lol lol

Narper 2020-07-18 17:50:01 

In reply to VIX

With Jack Warner in the fray, and Gypsy's restraining order, things uncertain.

Jack ent winning any seat, but if he gets 500-1000 votes, it could tip the seat in UNC's favour.

Mikela Panday screw up Jack....he was supposed to be on her slate...but she out her 'party'

Jack had to resurrect his dead party

Jack will be sharing brown paper bags.

Dem peeps from Felicity tek de man paper bags for years den dumped him

Now he will try in Lopinot

TriniStar 2020-07-18 18:07:44 

In reply to VIX

lol lol haha Lopinot is a STRONG PNM seat this not a marginal seat. PNM have that seat secured same way like Arima.

The question remains can UNC close the gap in marginal seats like Tunapuna, La Horquetta and St Joseph? Because they need to win those seats to come close to your 20 seat prediction

As for Gypsy I have my doubts any defamation charge weeks before election day will leave an impact but UNC will need more than Moruga to come close

problemjay 2020-07-18 18:10:24 

In reply to VIX

Lopinot is a safe PNM seat. Jack will need a lot more than 500 votes to split th vote and he is a joke right now so that not happening. As for Duke people in Tobago has made him out now as a UNC agent. So Duke will get the same licks he got in 2015 by the same PNM candidate Ayanna Webster Roy.

TriniStar 2020-07-18 18:13:32 

lol lol lol lol lol

Kamla yuh could lie!

problemjay 2020-07-18 18:16:23 

In reply to TriniStar

Kamla yuh could lie!

lol lol lol

problemjay 2020-07-18 18:30:59 

In reply to TriniStar

The question remains can UNC close the gap in marginal seats like Tunapuna, La Horquetta and St Joseph? Because they need to win those seats to come close to your 20 seat prediction

Last time UNC won those seats was when they were in a coalition with other parties like the COP (who was a stronger party back then) and the PNM had a very unfavourable sentiment in the country (this was in 2010), so there was a combination of factors in UNC favour. but today under an unattractive Kamla led UNC leadership, also UNC fighting by themselves and not in any coalition they will find it very difficult to win those marginal seats.

I can tell you from now no one on the ground knows the UNC candidate in St Joseph and David Nahkid is seen as anti-police in Tunapuna so since this is the reality they have to depend on people voting based on top of the ticket, meaning just vote for Kamla and forget your candidate, and this is not the election for that strategy especially with the top of your ticket being Kamla

TriniStar 2020-07-18 18:55:33 

In reply to problemjay

Well its not only about the UNC taking seats from the PNM to come close to winning but also about the UNC protecting their own seats they won that are marginal.

In Chaguanas East and San Juan the UNC won those seats by only couple hundreds of votes in 2015 so the PNM will be targeting those seats.

So in the end the UNC can finish with even less with what they have now. The moral of the story is their are marginal seats being occupied on both fronts of this political war, and the won who need to win more marginals and at the same time protect the marginals they have is in Opposition

sgtdjones 2020-07-18 19:21:00 

'TML not aligned to any political party'

One of the country's largest Muslim organisations is making it clear that its presence at an event in Barrackpore with Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley is not an endorsement of Rowley and the People's National Movement.

Trinidad Muslim League Incorporated (TML Inc) made this point in a press release on Saturday in response to a recent media report. TML Inc, Anjuman Sunnat-ul-Janaat

Association, Tackveeyatul Islamic Association (TIA) and the Ahmadiyya Muslim community gathered at the Subrattee Trace Masjid on Wednesday where Rowley handed over documents for the development of the Douglas Road Barrackpore Muslim Cemetery on eight acres of state land.

Link Text

Down goes blank.... lol lol lol

problemjay 2020-07-18 19:30:04 

She like a bad cold right now. None of these parties want to be near..noticed the media used "blanked" in their title

lol

Kamla blanked as Opposition parties unconvinced by unity call

Political leaders of some smaller parties have blanked United National Congress (UNC) leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s unity call while some have called for the UNC to fix certain things and questioned why the unity call came so late.

That was the feedback yesterday following Persad-Bissessar call for a national accord to fight the PNM during a virtual meeting on Thursday night.

Read More Link Text

sgtdjones 2020-07-18 19:35:31 

In reply to problemjay

The independent votes will carry the election, blank knows he is in trouble.

20-20 and Dukes or Jack will hold power.

razz razz razz

VIX 2020-07-18 19:35:51 

I will be as shocked as any if the PNM doesn't win, all I'm saying is that the race is tighter than the blinkered fanatical sheep on both sides think.

problemjay 2020-07-18 19:43:31 

In reply to sgtdjones

Dont cry when the black people blank Kamlie on election day lol

at the rate people disliking her now she may finish with less seats than she have now

TriniStar 2020-07-18 19:45:13 

PNM will win with 23-24 seats. They will retain all the seats they have now. And possibly pick up either Chaguanas East or San Juan from the UNC which the UNC narrowly won in 2015.

problemjay 2020-07-20 11:06:13 

Voting win elections! political parts need to bring out people to vote!

Emir 2020-07-20 11:32:43 

In reply to problemjay

Yesterday, Raffique Shah, someone who I have the utmost regard for and a man who is neutral, slammed Kamla for her madness of wanting to bring back sugar- CARONI .

Now, except for Shah's column in the Express "Newspaper" I did not read about her speech when she made the call, but to think an opposition leader, a former PM and leader of a major party, will make such as call.

It could only be one thing- and that was to fool her people because she sees them as dummies. Or perhaps, she is serious, in which case she is even more unqualified that I am believing.

problemjay 2020-07-20 13:07:48 

In reply to Emir

She is just trying to sell the people another Pipe dream and Shah called her out

granite 2020-07-20 14:37:05 

So wait deh allyuh people,PEP cyah get ah seat,they cyah even tek some votes,is hard to understand. confused

sgtdjones 2020-07-20 14:47:52 

In reply to problemjay

What about $500M for a rapid rail feasibility study, $500M fo Alturos Towers crashed, $300M for the pass port scanners that not working, the WGTL project that cost taxpayers $13B and Malcom Jones case was stopped, cazabon paintings $3M, Red House $480M, Presidents House $400M, $40M toilet paper factory with ten workers, Al Rawee Rental $63M, NCB Global $3.62B, power washing Brian Lara Stadium $130M, Almost $16B. Not forgetting AV oil, Sandals, Seabridge, Paria oil sale to Venezuela, Vene VP visit.

Imam and You quiet about the above eh?

problemjay 2020-07-20 14:52:55 

In reply to sgtdjones

What about them? you against successful completed projects? you against what exactly? or you just putting up shit you see on FB? lol

sgtdjones 2020-07-20 15:01:34 

In reply to problemjay

the WGTL project that cost taxpayers $13B and Malcom Jones case was stopped,

You really that clueless , can't read and digest the above huh? It's called waste not success.
big grin

problemjay 2020-07-20 15:36:53 

I know a lot of people who cant wait to blank her

“Take any re­ports of vi­o­lence or threats to the po­lice.”

Unit­ed Na­tion­al Con­gress (UNC) po­lit­i­cal leader Kam­la Per­sad-Bisses­sar said she had not heard of any in­ci­dent in­volv­ing her sup­port­ers and the deputy po­lit­i­cal leader for Move­ment for the So­cial Jus­tice (MSJ) Rad­ha­ka Gual­bance when asked about the in­ci­dent yes­ter­day.

“No I have not but if any­thing should have hap­pened, take it to the po­lice,” said the UNC leader dur­ing a mo­tor­cade in Barataria.

“They are the ones if there has been any vi­o­lence or any un­to­ward or wrong do­ing, please make your re­ports to the po­lice.” Link Text

granite 2020-07-20 20:52:00 

In reply to sgtdjones
I see no one wants to reply to your post,I wonder why.

confused

Jumpstart 2020-07-20 22:54:21 

In reply to sgtdjones

And the rapid rail was a bad idea? Unlike the highway in point fortin, the rail would have been built by the IADB( Inter American Development Bank) who would have provided the technical personnel and the labor. And the IDB does not do business with countries they cant recoup their monies from. Which is why they only sign MOUs with Haiti and never fund anything serious. TT needs to have a mass transit system. Way too many cars. Many households in TT have 2 or 3 cars.....in fact most.

And i agree with you. Malcolm Jones was the death knell for Petrotrin. The fact is though that two administrations and a well publicized commission of inquiry could not find anything criminally wrong....i personally would have locked him up for gross negligence but that is not a law on or statute books....not in a case like this anyway. But Petrotrin was financially in a tempestuous situation for years. The only reason the company wasn't closed earlier was because Natural gas has been our main economic driver since 2000. The company's start was to save jobs when texaco left and in 1984 the refinery was bought by the state....ironically in a period of depressed oil prices. Noteworthy that the end of the decade saw us in an IMF SAP.

problemjay 2020-07-21 11:09:34 

'Watson Duke is running for the UNC in Roxborough, Tobago'

"I could say without fear of contradiction that Watson Duke is the UNC agent in Tobago," Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley said last night as he addressed a meeting in Tobago.

"Watson Duke is running for the UNC in Roxborough, Tobago. They discuss their business on a regular basis. They meet and discuss it on a regular basis. They conduct their financing on a regular basis. So he could fool himself and his handful of followers but he can't fool me. I have a good idea and good information as to who my political opponents are and who they represent. In Tobago, Watson Duke is the official UNC candidate in Tobago," the Prime Minister stated. "As a matter of fact they (the UNC) are paying more attention to and providing more resources to Watson Duke in Tobago than in their own seats in Trinidad". Read More Link Text

sgtdjones 2020-07-21 13:36:24 

In reply to problemjay

Who believes Rowley, he is a pathological liar , email gate comes to mind.This same blank called a woman jammet, traitor, national ghoul, national crier, quisling parrot, etc....

Did you hear anything from The PNM women group?

rolleyes

sgtdjones 2020-07-21 17:45:04 

In reply to problemjay

Duke: It's a three-way fight for PM

Watson Duke, political leader of the Progressive Democratic Patriots (PDP), once again denies accusations that he is an agent of the UNC secretly working to capture the Tobago East seat and unite against the PNM in the August 10 general

Link Text

The blank man spreading false news as usual.

problemjay 2020-07-21 19:08:32 

Sorry but Duke is already seen as the UNC candidate in Tobago. The UNC party did not officially put up any candidates for Tobago and now their supporters are hoping and backing for Duke to win. So Duke can cry all he want in front the media but everyone knows he is the UNC candidate in Tobago lol

problemjay 2020-07-22 11:27:32 

oh boy well look trouble here

UNC candidate unsure she’s person in ‘money’ video

Hours after a video surfaced on social media purporting to be of United National Congress (UNC) candidate for the Toco/Sangre Grande Nabila Greene lying on a bed being showered with money, Greene said if the person in the video turns out to be her, she sees nothing wrong with the clip.
Read More Link Text

problemjay 2020-07-22 11:49:20 

and how is she unsure if it is her in the video? smh

VIX 2020-07-22 14:01:02 

In reply to problemjay

Yeah, UNC candidates are the only ones with these kinda issues ent

Allyuh, PNM and UNC fanatics till allyuh dead need to start thinking for yourselves. This blind batty-licking is pathetic.

The crooks on both sides ent studying you

Ratiram, Gypsy, Greene, Monroe.. bacchanal cyar done. Keep deading PNM and UNC
big grin big grin

sgtdjones 2020-07-22 14:18:52 

Picong and slip ups on the campaign trail

Both parties bunch ah crooks.

lol lol

sgtdjones 2020-07-22 14:31:17 

‘Victory will be decided in 8 marginals’

Victory at the polls on August 10 will be played out in eight marginal con­stituencies.

And it can be safely projected that both the People’s National Movement (PNM) and the Uni­ted National Congress (UNC) will retain their bases in the safe seats in general election.

Link Text

VIX 2020-07-22 16:22:49 

I'm backing the PNM as they're the least awful of the options

TriniStar 2020-07-22 17:26:04 

In reply to Jumpstart

That is too much info for sgtdjones. You may have to break it down in simpler terms lol

And the rapid rail was a bad idea? Unlike the highway in point fortin, the rail would have been built by the IADB( Inter American Development Bank) who would have provided the technical personnel and the labor. And the IDB does not do business with countries they cant recoup their monies from. Which is why they only sign MOUs with Haiti and never fund anything serious. TT needs to have a mass transit system. Way too many cars. Many households in TT have 2 or 3 cars.....in fact most.

And i agree with you. Malcolm Jones was the death knell for Petrotrin. The fact is though that two administrations and a well publicized commission of inquiry could not find anything criminally wrong....i personally would have locked him up for gross negligence but that is not a law on or statute books....not in a case like this anyway. But Petrotrin was financially in a tempestuous situation for years. The only reason the company wasn't closed earlier was because Natural gas has been our main economic driver since 2000. The company's start was to save jobs when texaco left and in 1984 the refinery was bought by the state....ironically in a period of depressed oil prices. Noteworthy that the end of the decade saw us in an IMF SAP.

TriniStar 2020-07-22 17:26:49 

There is a Facebook page "Never Again UNC". dem does have me rolling every morning lol

Jumpstart 2020-07-22 18:04:03 

In reply to TriniStar

Dear citizens of the republic of Trinidad and Tobago......we have bigger things to worry about than a general election......a covid case where we don't know where or from whom the person got the disease and a potential tropical storm/hurricane arrival by Saturday

problemjay 2020-07-23 11:19:28 

In reply to TriniStar

smile you talking about this page Link Text

Emir 2020-07-23 11:59:45 

In reply to problemjay

Kamla is arguably the weakest leader in the political history of Trinidad.

Narper 2020-07-23 12:19:41 

Warner: I’ll blow your mind on August 10

BUSINESSMAN Jack Warner vowed to defy the PNM/UNC two-party dominance of politics by winning the Lopinot/Bon Air West in the August 10 general election, and even alluded to holding the balance of power. In an interview with Newsday on Wednesday, Warner said: “Wait and see. The results will blow your mind!”

Newsday asked why his party, the Independent Liberal Party (ILP), was vying for just one seat.

“In the first place, we believe the election is so tight that one seat will matter," he replied.

"In that regard, we didn’t feel we should spend money on other seats where our chances are not as good as they are in Lopinot/Bon Air West. I live here. I’ve been here for the past 50-plus years. I know the constituency and I live among them. I know them and they know me. I know their problems and together we’ll be able to solve the problems of this constituency. In that regard, I thought it prudent to go here.”

link

sgtdjones 2020-07-23 14:38:59 

In reply to Emir

How quickly you forgot Chambers.Oh he PNM so he is great.

evil

sgtdjones 2020-07-23 15:31:42 

Warner: I’ll blow your mind on August 10

BUSINESSMAN Jack Warner vowed to defy the PNM/UNC two-party dominance of politics by winning the Lopinot/Bon Air West in the August 10 general election, and even alluded to holding the balance of power. In an interview with Newsday on Wednesday, Warner said: “Wait and see. The results will blow your mind!”

Newsday asked why his party, the Independent Liberal Party (ILP), was vying for just one seat.

“In the first place, we believe the election is so tight that one seat will matter," he replied.

Link Text

Get them jack....

lol lol

problemjay 2020-07-24 10:46:57 

smile look now!

Now Watson Duke is saying to vote PNM, he actually encouraged people to vote PNM, he better not come and say its a slip of his tongue Link Text

Emir 2020-07-24 11:07:51 

In reply to problemjay

At least he finally said something that makes sense big grin

problemjay 2020-07-24 11:10:37 

In reply to Emir

yuh see it lol

TriniStar 2020-07-24 13:54:43 

In reply to problemjay

Now Watson Duke is saying to vote PNM, he actually encouraged people to vote PNM, he better not come and say its a slip of his tongue Link Text

Everyday Duke slowly falling apart in front the public eyes

VIX 2020-07-24 14:57:24 

The voting choices are pure shite. Its down to which shite is the less smelly. Yet the fanatics on both sides saying their shite is ice cream lol lol

sgtdjones 2020-07-24 15:30:53 

To close to call, winner by one seat.

sgtdjones 2020-07-24 15:41:57 

Haynes: Rowley would have enough time to lime after election

HOURS after it was announced that the Prime Minister would meet and speak with guests during a Friday night lime, UNC Tabaquite candidate Anita Haynes said he would have enough time to lime after August 10..

Link Text

Bacchanal started ....
razz razz razz razz

sgtdjones 2020-07-24 15:44:26 

Activists: Youths not keen to vote when facing hardships

Sustained underdevelopment in marginalised communities continues to curb the enthusiasm of young voters, activist Akinee Harry said during the virtual launch of a national Youth Votes Matter campaign, on Monday night.

Link Text

problemjay 2020-07-24 16:24:26 

Kamla you are craaazzyyy.. you sound like Trump! Link Text

Trust me T&T will reject a local Donal Trump running for office. You still believe the sunlight will cure Covid in T&T Link Text

Jabari18 2020-07-24 18:39:08 

In reply to VIX

“The voting choices are pure shite. Its down to which shite is the less smelly. Yet the fanatics on both sides saying their shite is ice cream lol lol”

Can’t agree more. The difference between me n you is dat I can’t dutty my finger for none ah dem shite

TriniStar 2020-07-24 20:37:35 

In reply to problemjay

Kamla you are craaazzyyy.. you sound like Trump! Link Text

Trust me T&T will reject a local Donal Trump running for office. You still believe the sunlight will cure Covid in T&T Link Text

straight out of Trump playbook

bravos 2020-07-25 13:12:36 

UNC dont have a chance...lol..

Emir 2020-07-25 13:19:46 

In reply to bravos

She is embarrassing her own party.

sgtdjones 2020-07-25 13:25:54 

Failure of institutions rests with PNM

PJ ...????

sgtdjones 2020-07-25 13:28:29 

PNM denies Al-Rawi event a bust

sgtdjones 2020-07-25 13:31:29 

Fraud Squad reopens probe against PNM Candidate Monroe

Fraud Squad detectives have reopened their investigation into allegations that People’s National Movement (PNM) candidate for Toco/Sangre Grande Roger Monroe allegedly used an expired power of attorney to withdraw money from his grandfather Percy Thomas’ account two days after he (Thomas) died on February 7, 2015.

problemjay 2020-07-26 12:18:38 

Slavery really? She don't to win this election

Kamla Govt treatment of stranded Trinis worse than slavery

United National Congress leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar has again knocked Government over its handling of repatriating Trinidad and Tobago citizens stranded abroad by the lockdown of the borders due to COVID-19, likening this treatment to slavery and indentureship.

Persad-Bissessar made this link between the two disparate issues while speaking at the UNC’s virtual meeting on Thursday night, as she waded into Government yet again for abandoning nationals awaiting exemptions to return home. Link Text

sgtdjones 2020-07-26 13:52:30 

NACTA poll: Election outcome a close fight

WITH just over two weeks to go, the August 10 general election is shaping up to be a competitive contest between the PNM and UNC.The PNM and UNC are predicted to win 15 seats each, while nine seats which could change hands.
While Rowley holds the advantage over her with respect to covid19, NACTA said Persad-Bissessar " is praised for compassion and motherly instincts in helping people to cope during this most difficult period."

Link Text

PJ ....ya worried; to close to call.

B16JP587S 2020-07-26 14:49:11 

There is another fight on too-

T&T Election Declaration vs Guyana Election Declaration- Which will happen first?

My money is on TT smile

problemjay 2020-07-26 21:15:08 

lol lol lol lol

oh boy the train wreck! Kamla just drop her latest single Link Text

TriniStar 2020-07-26 21:45:37 

If election was called today PNM will easily win. The feeling on the ground around the country for many people is Kamla is a dangerous choice during these Covid times

B16JP587S 2020-07-26 23:57:03 

In reply to TriniStar

If election was called today PNM will easily win. The feeling on the ground around the country for many people is Kamla is a dangerous choice during these Covid times

This is a very strange post. The election is only two weeks away and covid definitely is not going away within that time so are you apprehensive that things might change within two weeks? I probably won't pursue any reply you make but I just wanted to say that your post strikes me as a little strange. I would have thought that if one is certain of victory today based on Covid then one should have been equally confident of victory in two weeks.

And if one is that confident then the post should have been written something like this- "The PNM will easily win this election. The feeling on the ground around the country for many people is Kamla is a dangerous choice during these Covid times".

TriniStar 2020-07-27 06:31:14 

In reply to B16JP587S

This is a very strange post. The election is only two weeks away and covid definitely is not going away within that time so are you apprehensive that things might change within two weeks? I probably won't pursue any reply you make but I just wanted to say that your post strikes me as a little strange. I would have thought that if one is certain of victory today based on Covid then one should have been equally confident of victory in two weeks.

And if one is that confident then the post should have been written something like this- "The PNM will easily win this election. The feeling on the ground around the country for many people is Kamla is a dangerous choice during these Covid times".

How about I live in Trinidad and you most likely do not. I believe I am more than qualified to give an opinion since I am living here lol

sgtdjones 2020-07-27 12:46:00 

‘We’re treated worse than slaves’

AUXILIARY fire officers say they are treated worse than slaves, as they are working without vacation, sick, injury or any leave, even as full-time workers and when they retire they are not entitled to pensions.

Newsday spoke with a few of the 280 affected officers, who said they are tired of the proverbial carrot on a stick as they continue doing the same work as fire officers with none of the benefits. They said this has been ongoing for decades and workers are pacified with promises of being absorbed into the service or allowed the opportunity to train and become regular fire officers.

Link Text

Emir 2020-07-27 13:38:04 

In reply to problemjay

big grin

VIX 2020-07-27 14:33:59 

A UNC government will be a huge mis-step IMHO but

There is no statistical significant difference between Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Keith Rowley with respect to favourability ratings. Both have favourable ratings of just over half of those registered to vote,” the poll stated

It must feel nice to snicker about Kamla's flailings and failings but I recall similar snickering in the backroom 4 years ago in another country's elections. Things didn't turn out as expected then.

This election is tighter than most anticipate. Get your people to go out and vote to prevent the UNC sneaking past the gate!

Jabari18 2020-07-27 14:59:26 

In reply to VIX

Why do you think UNC will be a misstep?

VIX 2020-07-27 15:09:52 

In reply to Jabari18

The UNC's modus operandi has always been to pander to masses and to the loudmouths. They're incapable of making tough decisions, as Rowley has been doing. And the way things are going with the virus and the energy sector, additional tough decisions will have to be made.

Jabari18 2020-07-28 00:43:57 

In reply to VIX

I respect that view

problemjay 2020-07-28 11:08:08 

Mad woman Kamla digging a deep hole for herself Link Text

sgtdjones 2020-07-28 12:26:21 

Political cops under investigation

Link Text

And yet another senior officer is being monitored by the Bureau for reportedly having a close association with senior members of the Opposition UNC and for allegedly using his office to target political opponents of that party.

sgtdjones 2020-07-28 12:29:34 

Govt making Trinis abroad homeless

Link Text

sgtdjones 2020-07-28 13:14:01 

AG: UNC can't remonetise old paper notes

A comment posted:

Another PNM propaganda by the AG. This is the kind of attitude he takes to the court that’s why he lost 29 cases and haven won any. Pure rumour mongering to win an election. From all information reported in the press the EMBD case CANT stand the litmus test, so he move on to another lie. This man is at the centre of a scandal involving awarding himself a contract and refurbishing his building, there are others including kamileeee FCB deposits, Marlene fired 3 times then arrested, sandals fiasco- same hotel built in St Vincent for $USD100M, in TT was $USD1B, the sea bridge was intentionally collapsed, Barrel Smith sexual misconduct and use of tax payers money, the closing down of Petrotrin, Barrel Smith ramaje in Tobago, shamfa Cudjoe Phone bill, Ministers buying boats without going through CTB, cancelling Malcolm Jones case that cost the state $13B but it was reinstated by privy council, promised Covid grants not received, light bulb not received and the list continues. They crash the economy and have nothing to campaign on so do the next best alternative attack the opposition and don’t provide proof.

problemjay 2020-07-28 13:42:42 

How our copy and paste Canadian master sgtdjones forgot to share this one with us? lol monkey know which tree to climb

Le Hunte tells Kamla: ‘Apologise to African, Indo-Trinis’

PNM vice-chairman Robert Le Hunte on Saturday called on UNC political leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar to publicly apologise to citizens of African and East Indian descent for describing the way Government was bringing home TT nationals as “worse than slavery and indentureship.”

Persad-Bissessar made the claim during a UNC virtual meeting on Thursday. In a video posted on Facebook, Le Hunte told Persad-Bissessar, “When you wake up. at least apologise. apologise to people of African descent and Indian descent.”

He continued, “The equation of people not coming home with slavery. I mean Kamla, come on.” Le Hunte encouraged Persad-Bissessar to “go buy a history book” and read it. He said then Persad-Bissessar would understand what the ancestors of Afro and Indo Trinidadians went through. Read More Link Text

Jumpstart 2020-07-28 13:48:33 

In reply to sgtdjones

Hoss.....yuh getting on like the closure of petrotrin was a bad thing

VIX 2020-07-28 13:56:23 

In reply to Jumpstart

Guy's an lying imbecile. Pay him no mind. No one does.

sgtdjones 2020-07-28 15:27:10 

Poor utilities, jobs influence voters

Link Text

sgtdjones 2020-07-28 15:31:13 

In reply to Jumpstart

Sure it was a good thing 13 Billion squandered by Mr Jones, AV scandal destroyed; 200 million paid for no oil,Mr Rowley friend.

Selling off the Refinery with payments 10 years later.

The Citizens made a profit.

It makes sense, ask PJ?

sgtdjones 2020-07-29 03:10:44 

Nafeesa Mohammed quits PNM

Link Text

Bacchanal in the PNM ..PJ?

sgtdjones 2020-07-29 03:13:30 

Hunt responds to Al-Rawi: Murder rate is ‘madmanism’
Link Text

Despite this, a national poll done by H.H.B & Associates Limited showed the UNC was still considered by electors to have more “sensible policies” compared to the PNM. But the PNM scored far more points than the UNC in the survey for keeping its promises to voters.

On Monday, the survey found a near statistical tie in the ratings of PNM leader Dr Keith Rowley and UNC head Kamla Persad-Bissessar in terms of who would make a better Prime Minister.

sgtdjones 2020-07-29 13:59:16 

Man charged with extorting UNC Toco/Grande candidate

Link Text

VIX 2020-07-29 15:46:53 

Dangerous UNC saying they will tap into the national pension and mutual funds to finance expenditure rolleyes

problemjay 2020-07-30 11:34:37 

Now check out d advice these UNC politicians are giving the public lol

UNC: You shouldn’t need to wear a mask to vote

THE United National Congress (UNC), in a 13-page letter to the Elections and Boundaries Commission (EBC), is asking that it not be made mandatory for voters to wear face masks on August 10. Read More Link Text

problemjay 2020-07-30 16:00:22 

lol lol Anil Roberts getting some good clout Link Text

VIX 2020-07-30 16:08:09 

In reply to problemjay

What seat Anil Roberts going up for?

problemjay 2020-07-30 16:27:48 

In reply to VIX

none dey aint that crazy to put him up. But he is on social media everyday campaigning hard for UNC

VIX 2020-07-30 16:36:52 

In reply to problemjay

So just a random loudmouth UNC supporter? Why the PNM-til-dey-dead fanatics taking him on??

problemjay 2020-07-30 16:52:47 

How come sgtdjones did not post this for us? Monkey know which tree to climb lol

Economists: UNC Economic Plan questionable and unlikely Link Text

Two economists have called the UNC’s proposed plans for the fiscal management of the nation questionable and improbable.

In an interview with the Business Guardian, Tobagonian Dr Vanus James said: “The overall promise of a balanced budget over 2020-2025 is not likely to be feasible in the context of a depressed economy post-COVID and in the context of a promised reduction of various tax rates (individual and corporate, and consumption).”

Also commenting on the plan was, development and economics consultant Dr Indera Sagewan who expressed that, when taken at face value - the plan has a good ring to it. She noted: “We must recognise that the document is for the purpose of public relations.”

However, Sagewan said, “when you try to drill down” to the details of the plan - it is only then you would be able to determine whether the proposed strategy can in fact, be realised.

She contended: “A lot of the projections being presented through the plan, at this point in time, we can only analyse it at face value, because we do not know what the underlying assumptions and mechanisms are for making this thing happen.”

sgtdjones 2020-07-30 18:18:46 

In reply to problemjay

we do not know what the underlying assumptions and mechanisms are for making this thing happen.”

Did you read where she stated based on the plan we do not know? Figured you would miss that, are you related to Dr Stella?

lol

sgtdjones 2020-07-30 19:07:48 

NACTA said its poll shows that right now almost two-fifths (of the electorate) won’t vote. It opined that this year's election "may hold the record of lowest enthusiasm about voting because of the rejection of candidates from both sides (PNM and UNC)."

On the disappointment over the selection of some PNM and UNC candidates, it said, "Voters would have preferred another candidate of both parties in over half of the constituencies."

Nevertheless, the minor parties only have three per cent popular support from voters, and eight per cent of voters are undecided over who they will support.

NACTA: Voter enthusiasm for election at record low

The PNM and UNC are reportedly certain to hold their respective base support and win 15 seats each.The poll also showed 87 per cent of respondents are not confident about TT's future.

Halliwell 2020-07-30 19:17:31 

In reply to sgtdjones

Why Rowley cancel the press conference this afternoon?
Then still want closed borders?

sgtdjones 2020-07-30 19:32:43 

In reply to Halliwell

Its seems they are concerned about the second round of C19 starting.

TriniStar 2020-07-30 23:44:32 

In reply to problemjay

lol lol Anil Roberts getting some good clout Link Text

Rasta yankee Trini lol

TriniStar 2020-07-30 23:48:26 

lol So Gypsy is the first blank man to rest a blank Link Text

sgtdjones 2020-07-31 19:32:22 

"Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley has said that if the United National Congress (UNC) is allowed into government, it will open the borders to its friends and bring more cases of COVID-19 into this country." If what Rowley is claiming is true, then how come we had an increase of 8 cases yesterday? Could it be that the measures set in place by the Rowley government are not working?

PJ..???

Oh like the Calcutta ship?

sgtdjones 2020-07-31 19:36:54 

A comment from a newspaper :

Trinidad Killa was just on a frequency outlining how the PNM used his music without permission and a PNM former PT Fortin Mayor abused him. They are also using Adesh Samaroo music without permission and he is going to take legal action accordingly. The PNM is translating their lying thieving attitude from Govt to target prominent artists and used their music illegally. If you can’t handle your business with honesty how you going to manage the Govt business honestly. In any case they never did and they took advantage of these two prominent artists.

problemjay 2020-08-01 11:44:48 

No surprise here

GML election poll shows PNM in front with Gypsy in Moruga/Tabeland

With a mere 11 days to go before the 2020 General Election, a poll commissioned by Guardian Media Limited and conducted by HHB and Associates shows that the ruling People's National Movement (PNM) has a clear lead over its main rival, the United National Congress (UNC), in the crucial marginal constituency of Moruga/Tableland.

The seat in South East Trinidad is considered crucial for both parties in the race to Whitehall, as it has changed hands in the last two general elections, with the party winning it also eventually forming the government. Link Text

Emir 2020-08-01 13:43:48 

In reply to problemjay

Emir 2020-08-01 13:43:48 

In reply to problemjay

The UNC was hoping to grab support from the so called "fall out" from Nafessa, but that won't help them as Nafessa hardly had any support to bring to the PNM, with as many in her extended Mohammed clan had already been independents voters.

sgtdjones 2020-08-01 13:45:58 

Rambharat PNM’s candidate for Chaguanas East, as incompetent.

Rice farmers got a glimmer of hope on Thursday when they started gathering outside a ministry’s office for a protest. Instead, an official met them and promised to resolve their issues.

About 15 farmers complained that the Ministry of Agriculture, Land and Fisheries is owing them thousands of dollars.Suresh Ramasar said farmers had not received payment for the past year and seven months.

Emir 2020-08-01 13:48:37 

In reply to TriniStar

Anil Roberts is a clown and useless wasteful heap of human.

How can any political party see hiM as an asset and can you imagine him being in any administration.

And if I did not know better, I would have believed English is his second language.

sgtdjones 2020-08-01 13:48:43 

Young, Al-Rawi recused from Cabinet talks

According to the table provided, Young recused himself six times in 2016 and 2017; seven times in 2018; 20 times in 2019; and 18 times in 2020. The figures provided said the alleged conflicts of interest amounted to $22.5 billion.

PJ....over 22 Billion.... rolleyes

Jumpstart 2020-08-01 14:24:15 

In reply to sgtdjones

Is it not proper procedure to recuse oneself if they have a vested interest? I'm not sire what Al Wari or Young could have done more

problemjay 2020-08-01 16:36:44 

In reply to Emir

The UNC was hoping to grab support from the so called "fall out" from Nafessa, but that won't help them as Nafessa hardly had any support to bring to the PNM, with as many in her extended Mohammed clan had already been independents voters.

yup I agree, and I believe she is hoping to takes votes away from the PNM in the San Juan/Barataria constituency where her family has had some historical impact. This seat the UNC only won by 500 votes in 2015. But in the end this is more of a seat the UNC need to retain to have a chance. This is not one of PNM current 23 seats so losing it will not be a minus for them, but still they have a good chance of closing that 500 vote gap.

sgtdjones 2020-08-01 17:49:20 

In reply to Jumpstart

Is it not proper procedure to recuse oneself if they have a vested interest? I'm not sire what Al Wari or Young could have done more

A 50 billion dollar plus budget and two members of the cabinet have interest into over 22.5 Billion. This is what I found to be interesting?

shock

Jumpstart 2020-08-01 18:33:37 

In reply to sgtdjones

Imbert said they wanted to cut it more....but TTO's most expensive budget package(63 billion dollars) was presented by Larry Howai in 2014. Already at the end of that year, revenues were back down under 40 billion dollaes. The population got used to a lifestyle that was unsustainable. But realistically, he could not go from 63 billion to 43 billion.....it would cause the economy to go info shock. GORTT presented a framework budget every year, and by the time the mid year budget review came along, they cut it. So i think the first budget was 60 billion, cut in the mybr to something like 55 billion. And this year,the budget package was 47.7 billion dollars.....expenditure is coming down in line with revenues.

TTO's debt to gdp ratio went from 10% in 2009 to 43 percent at the end of the 2014/2015 financial year

sgtdjones 2020-08-01 21:55:26 

In reply to Jumpstart

Jumpy

OK, if the Budget is approx 47 billion, two members of the cabinet have interest into over 22.5 Billion. This is what I found to be interesting?

My Comment is just about the above?

TriniStar 2020-08-01 22:01:03 

Soca Music Tv Facebook page in this election ting on ah different level lol

Jumpstart 2020-08-01 22:09:42 

In reply to sgtdjones

Have they not declared their interest and recused themselves from the cabinet meetings? What else legally could they have done? Al Rawi's family(wife side) has a large real estate businees, large enough that the former government was renting three of their properties for government offices. You expect that because Al Rawi formed part of the new government, that his wife's business interests must be put on hold simply because it may arouse suspicion? Richard Young was the manager of Scotia Bank Caribbean and has decades of experience in the banking sector. Simply because Young happens to be his son, that disqualifies him from serving as chairman of the IFC? Youngs brother served in senior management in NCBJ International and that is one of the facilities the government has used to borrow from? Simply because Young's brother is in senior management, that means the borrowing is crooked? And these are all matters Al Rawi and Young declated interests and recused themselves from which as i told is legally the best they could have done. Looking for a conspiracy in every nook, crany, crevace, crater, haystack

sgtdjones 2020-08-02 01:39:13 

PNM leads by 5%
...opposition parties appear to still be within striking distance

With just one week to the August 10 general election, the People’s National Movement (PNM) is ahead in the race by five per cent, according to the latest pre-election poll ­conducted by Solution by Simulation (SBS), led by pollster Nigel Henry.

sgtdjones 2020-08-02 01:43:11 

In reply to Jumpstart

Looking for a conspiracy in every nook, crany, crevace, crater, haystack

My concern lies where two Cabinet Ministers families control almost half of the Government budget, add the Sabga's and see the control percentage?

Herein lies my problem..where is the antiTrust legislation?

“How can you have as a country that 34 per cent of the population is black and only 10 significant black-owned businesses. That cannot be right.”Yet,The pnm ruled this country for 50 years

sgtdjones 2020-08-02 12:51:54 

In reply to Jumpstart

"Young claims he recused himself from matters relating to 'Cabinet Notes that were dealing with the award of contracts to certain contractors, after competitive tender because he was involved in litigation with these same contractors whom the Rowley PNM administration accused of 'bid rigging and other corrupt behaviour.'
This is a shocking admission that the Rowley administration has been awarding multi-million-dollar contracts to the very companies that they sued for corruption.

"Instead of recusing himself, why didn’t Young tell the Cabinet that he was involved in litigation against these contractors and seek to dissuade the Government from awarding such massive contracts to them?

granite 2020-08-02 22:49:13 

In reply to sgtdjones

I am amazed that the PNM could pretend that they the cleanest of the clean and whitest of white,I was amazed to read this in the TT News.I hope that Mr.Alexander's PEP can latch on to it and let the people know.Could it be that people are telling lies on the PNM,or just disingenuous.Is this Election going to be as straightforward as it is being reported.
I think the PNM,even with what is being reported will win,the fact is the UNC don't appear to be an alternative,what I would like is a good showing from the PEP led by Philip Alexander,that would be a good start,he's still a young man.

Narper 2020-08-02 22:53:47 

In reply to sgtdjones

PNM leads by 5%
...opposition parties appear to still be within striking distance

You givig dem bhais here belly wuk wink

Jumpstart 2020-08-02 22:59:01 

In reply to Narper
Well is all kinda comess with this one

Link Text

granite 2020-08-03 00:36:25 

Trinidad have suffered the indignity of a 2 party system for 60 years with one party in power for over 50years,but look at the state of Trinidad,Trinis have been constantly robbed and fooled,this should be stopped by the younger generation,do you people want to be fooled for another 50 years whether it's PNM or UNC?The world is changing and hopefully the PEP win enough seats to be a force,come you young ones forget about race voting,show the world you are the smartest.

problemjay 2020-08-03 03:46:01 

UNC senior men like Suruj ready for a new leader. And with a man like Moonilal at the helm they could be in Opposition for another fifteen years at minimum Link Text

problemjay 2020-08-03 04:11:20 

MSJ accuses Persad-Bissessar of making 'unbalanced statements'

Political leader of the Movement for Social Justice (MSJ) David Abdulah has accused the UNC and its leader of engaging in fear-mongering and using fear tactics as the general election campaign heats up.

"She is making totally unbalanced statements," he said.

Abdulah, who is contesting the Pointe-a-Pierre seat, further accused Kamla Persad-Bissessar of making extreme statements recently like using sunlight as a cure for the coronavirus. He also referred to it as the nancy story of sunlight. Read More Link Text

granite 2020-08-03 08:09:24 

In reply to problemjay

I am not in TT and I can't believe everything I read,I hope the voters are smart and do what they think is right for Trinidad.

sgtdjones 2020-08-03 13:10:43 

Rowley: Call police if you are offered money for your vote

PRIME MINISTER Dr Keith Rowley has advised the public to call the police if they are offered money in return for their votes on August 10.

Rowley further claimed potential voters were being given old cotton hundred dollar bills that are no longer legal tender since the changeover to polymer notes, and promised they would be able to change it after the elections.

'Giving you old money Central Bank don't want..telling you when they come into power they will change it for you,' he said.

If you have the evidence for the above , have them charged.

Stop the false claims Liar Rowley.

twisted

sgtdjones 2020-08-03 13:13:09 

Don’t publish EMBD judgment before election

Attorneys for the contractors in the civil suit involving the Estate Management and Business Development Co Ltd (EMBD) have written to the court asking that it not publish the judgment on August 6 because of the August 10 general election.

The letter is dated July 31 addressed to Justice James Aboud and signed by Karina Singh of Fortis Chambers. Singh is the instructing attorney for Kiel Taklalsingh and Jagdeo Singh and Senior Counsel Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj. Maharaj is the lead counsel for TN Ramnath and Company and Motilal Ramhit and Sons, Fides Limited, the defendants against whom EMBD filed the civil suit.

The Government suing them , then giving them Million dollar contracts?
rolleyes

sgtdjones 2020-08-03 13:23:41 

PNM manifesto released: ‘Re-elect us because we did well with covid19’

What about :Citizens are concerned about government, unemployment, health, agriculture, cost of living, drug abuse, crime, infrastructure, wages, drainage, Corruption , among others.

rolleyes

problemjay 2020-08-03 13:56:29 

No surprise here, everything unfolding as I predicted

Al-Rawi leads Sobers in San Fernando

One week to polling day and it seems that incumbent Faris Al Rawi, the People’s National Movement candidate, has a significant lead over his closest opponent Sean Sobers of the United National Congress (UNC) in the marginal seat of San Fernando West.

According to a 2020 General Election poll commissioned by Guardian Media and conducted by HHB and Associates, the PNM has a 20 per cent advantage over the UNC. The margin of error was six per cent.

The people polled were asked: “If there was a General Election on August 10, 2020, how would you vote?” To this, 49 per cent responded by saying PNM, while 29 per cent said the UNC. It should be noted that at the time of the poll 15 per cent of respondents were either unsure of or refused to say who they would vote for. However, based on the figures, even if Sobers were to gather the 15 per cent not aligned he would still be five per cent behind Al-Rawi. Read More Link Text

VIX 2020-08-03 14:55:14 

In reply to granite

Yeah, the fanatical Til-Dey-Dead posse on either side are incapable of rational thought.

I'm a member of the sliver of the population who can sway the vote one way or the other, since i'm not a fanatic of either side.

I hope the PNM wins as these are dangerous times that require strong leadership, which the UNC doesn't possess.

But this election is much much tighter than most believe. Its not a foregone conclusion that PNM will win, and if they do, it will be by a minute margin.

TriniStar 2020-08-03 16:36:31 

In reply to TriniStar

PNM will win with 23-24 seats. They will retain all the seats they have now. And possibly pick up either Chaguanas East or San Juan from the UNC which the UNC narrowly won in 2015.]

This was my prediction on July 18th and still same today!

TriniStar 2020-08-03 16:40:21 

Notice there is no more hysteria about Duke or PDP winning in Tobago. Tobagonians see him as a UNC candidate lol

He does not stand a chance in hell, and he will lose same way he did in 2015. Iz funny because the UNC supporters who were all over social media betting hard for him to win two weeks ago have seem to given up hope twisted

problemjay 2020-08-03 17:13:32 

Notice there is no more hysteria about Duke or PDP winning in Tobago. Tobagonians see him as a UNC candidate

well look at this! Duke gone yellow! He has been exposed again Link Text

sgtdjones 2020-08-03 23:21:20 

In reply to problemjay

Link Text

You didn't see this ...eh!!!

cool

Jumpstart 2020-08-03 23:31:01 

In reply to sgtdjones

The link is broken

Emir 2020-08-04 10:34:34 

In reply to problemjay

big grin

VIX 2020-08-04 14:12:05 

PNM are running some very effective ads - the one with Kamla saying the sun will cure covid, and the other with her taking money out of the national insurance and Unit Trust and putting it in her yellow handbag big grin big grin

problemjay 2020-08-04 14:36:48 

In reply to VIX

You talking about this one Link Text

VIX 2020-08-04 14:53:33 

In reply to problemjay

yeah, I saw it on TV though. Much more effective there.

bravos 2020-08-04 14:58:51 

In reply to VIX

That's why I respect you man,not like that sycophant joker that I refuse to even mention his/her/shim name..

Anyone touting UNC to form the next government in these times gotta be a sycophant or just a plain old racist.

bravos 2020-08-04 15:04:23 

Our very own sarah cooper(Trump whisperer),lol..

sgtdjones 2020-08-04 21:26:01 

With one week to go before the 2020 general election, this poll of likely voters anticipates a close race between the PNM and the UNC in Trinidad.
At the time of the poll, the PNM has a modest lead, just above the margin of error. The critical groups of mixed-race voters and non-aligned voters appear to have made the margin; being most swayed by their positive reception of the administration’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

problemjay 2020-08-05 02:48:25 

so we building a dome to protect us from Covid now? lol

problemjay 2020-08-05 02:49:23 

lol lol lol yuh know what ah not going to post any link for this one.

Just look up the keyword; UNC, dome, Kamla all together in your google search and Facebook lol

sgtdjones 2020-08-05 03:31:37 

In reply to problemjay

IF you were intelligent you would understand what they mean by dome.

Rowley did it by shutting the borders and quarantining arrivals into T&T. Its call a protective shield for the rest of the citizens.

The Province of Ontario and Government of Canada is doing the same thing by closing the border with the USA . Any citizen of Canada returning must remain in such a domain for 14 days or be fined.

PNM supporters are seeing the closeness of the election and trying hard to change the results, it's the approx 16% of uncertain voters that will decide the winner.

PNM manifesto: We did well with covid so vote us back in.. That is so brilliant.

PNM has no case against Padarath, why are they scared, the margin of victory could be one seat.
Its still to close to call the winner of the election.

sgtdjones 2020-08-05 03:42:42 

THE PRIME Minister has alleged the United National Congress (UNC) has been seeming to secure votes by giving people appliances “by the truck load.”

He was speaking Tuesday night at the People’s National Movement campaign meeting in La Brea.“Elsewhere in the country, the UNC busy in the East and the South handing out by the truckload fridges, stoves, washing machines and microwaves.

Rowley: UNC giving fridge, stove for votes, he first said old 100 dollar bills that he lied about , now this?Where is the proof Rowley.

sgtdjones 2020-08-05 03:45:00 

James: PNM wants Tobago like Laventille

ECONOMIST Dr Vanus James was back on a Progressive Democratic Patriots (PDP) platform on Monday campaigning against the for the Watson Duke-led party ahead of the August 10 general election. Describing the PNM as a "virus," James said Tobago would end up like Laventille and Morvant if they remain in power.

He said, "You have to put your foot down now..."

Link Text

sgtdjones 2020-08-05 03:47:51 

Rowley: If I am not re-elected

THE PRIME Minister said if he is not re-elected on August 10 then he will walk away with his head held high.
"I did my duty. And I will ask everyone to do their duty and come out and vote," Dr Rowley said.
He was speaking on Tuesday night during a PNM meeting in La Brea.

Rowley making excuses already.

sgtdjones 2020-08-05 03:51:42 

PM tells undecided ‘We need your votes’

The People’s National Movement (PNM) needs the majority of votes and seats in Monday’s election and a lot of people “out there” who haven’t made up their minds as yet are running out of time, said Prime Minister Keith Rowley.

He indicated this at Monday’s Chaguanas East PNM Meetup.

Comment:

tide55

Now he is begging for your vote? What has he done during the past 5 years to EARN your vote? That is the criteria you should use to decide if he has earned your vote. If you feel he has done what you wanted, then by all means vote for his party. This last minute begging and pandering is unbecoming!

TriniStar 2020-08-05 11:45:43 

In reply to problemjay

yuh know what ah not going to post any link for this one.

Just look up the keyword; UNC, dome, Kamla all together in your google search and Facebook lol

#Kamladome2020 Link Text

yesterday a lot went wrong with UNC campaign marketing strategy

sgtdjones 2020-08-05 15:37:38 

In reply to TriniStar

Didn't Manning Refer to Lara stadium as a safety net in case of a tsunami?

lol

sgtdjones 2020-08-05 15:45:52 

Probe Young family connection

Garner’s letter alleged NCB Global Finance (NCBGF), whose CEO is Young’s brother Angus, had $2.5 billion in loan contracts with the Government and had seen its asset base grow from $132 million to $600 million from 2015-2019. Saying this was unprecedented growth during a recession, Garner’s letter asked, “Why would the State go to a financial firm such as NCB Global Financial Ltd to arrange for and raise financing far beyond what they lend, when they could easily go to a commercial bank?”

The letter said local banks have an asset base of $40-$80 billion and during the period under question had excess liquidity of $3-$4 billion, now standing at $10 billion. Mark urged the police to do a criminal forensic investigation into the matter.

Link Text

VIX 2020-08-05 15:48:29 

In reply to TriniStar

that dome thing is foolishness compared to sunshine curing covid and taking money from NIS and UTC, UNC's corruption record etc.

PNM need to stay on message and ignore nonesense like that.

sgtdjones 2020-08-05 15:48:40 

'Panday accuses PNM of 'pelting mud'

SUBHAS Panday has taken offence at what he says are the continuous references to corruption the PNM is levelling at the UNC.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2020-08-05 15:51:57 

Fear, stupidity keeping PNM in power

TT Democratic Front (TTDF) candidate for Point Fortin Nicholas Anthony Williams says fear and stupidity by some constituents is what is causing the PNM to continue to rule the constituency..

Link Text

PJ, Imam so quiet?

cool cool cool

problemjay 2020-08-05 20:34:05 

This is what is important right now , who is leading and everyday the PNM lead increases in several constituencies throughout the country, AND AS I PREDICTED PNM WILL SWEEP TOBAGO!

Poll finds PNM leading in Tobago

AN opinion survey done by the North American Teachers Association (NACTA) among 380 voters has found that the PNM is leading in the battle for the seats of Tobago East and Tobago West.

In a release, it said, “Based on the findings of the survey, the ruling PNM is sitting pretty comfortable in popular support and likely to retain both seats. But a week is a long time remaining in the campaign and opinions could change. The PDP cannot be dismissed as it poses a serious threat to the PNM particularly in the East.”

“The PNM is leading the PDP in Tobago East by five per cent – 47 per cent to 42 per cent, with one per cent for a small party and ten per cent undecided.

“In Tobago West, the PNM’s lead is wider, by some eight per cent – 48 per cent to 40 per cent with one per cent for small parties and 11 per cent undecided. The small parties would not make any difference in the outcome,” it said. Read More Link Text

sgtdjones 2020-08-05 22:56:29 

In reply to problemjay

You know what dogs do to poles eh!!!

razz razz razz razz

problemjay 2020-08-06 12:14:37 

just another so called marginal seat that PNM is way out in front. Who is saying this election will be close again?

PNM’s Forde out front in Tunapuna

The People’s National Movement (PNM) Tunapuna candidate Esmond Forde is ahead of United National Congress (UNC) candidate and former professional footballer David Nakhid in the tussle for the marginal seat in Monday’s General Election.

Incumbent Forde is leading Nakhid, a first-time contender in the political arena, by a 16 per cent margin, according to the findings of a recent poll on the constituency conducted by HHB and Associates Ltd led by pollster Louis Bertrand. Rea More Link Text

sgtdjones 2020-08-06 13:16:23 

In reply to problemjay

Nothing Factual

This was the opinion of former PNM government minister Mariano Browne. In an interview with Business Day on Monday, Browne said the UNC’S manifesto laid out “very specific and measurable targets but no really clear statements of how they intend to achieve them.”
On the other hand, he said, the PNM has set up broad, high-level goals, which are general statements of intent. Some of these

TriniStar 2020-08-06 13:27:20 

In reply to problemjay

just another so called marginal seat that PNM is way out in front. Who is saying this election will be close again?

well I always said this will not be close and with the new polls coming out everyday I am not surprised PNM have leads in almost every marginal seat. Once people come out to vote as expected I am predicting PNM will win

sgtdjones 2020-08-06 13:27:34 

Nafeesa blasts PM on UNC platform

Former PNM Senator Nafeesa Mohammed has accused the party’s political leader, Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley of “disgraceful behaviour,” and advised him to “get some help,” saying he needs “serious treatment.”

Link Text

problemjay 2020-08-06 18:59:13 

Well boy! pictures all over social media from yesterday to this morning showing UNC giving away fridge and stove in Grande and Valencia. People going to take it and still vote for PNM, you cant bribe people like that for votes lol

desperation is kicking in!

sgtdjones 2020-08-06 19:13:26 

In reply to problemjay

UNC giving out appliances, a few months ago PNM was giving out toilets thru POS City Corporation, and now they giving out houses, and land and promising other stuff. They even giving away the refinery! What is the difference?

You like Rowley now with fake news...

Jerlean John, UNC candidate for La Horquetta/ Talparo looks on as workmen offload a stove from a truck yesterday as part of her flood relief effort for affected residents of La Horquetta.

The recent rains swamped their homes that the PNM built on flood plains.

Link Text

The reality is that most voters do not feel that the parties have the solution to the challenges we face and both the UNC and PNM manifestos show they recognise the problems but have not offered many solutions. They speak in general terms, perhaps as a strategy of not committing themselves, and in the case of the PNM, explaining why they failed to implement their 2015 manifestos.

sgtdjones 2020-08-06 19:27:16 

In reply to problemjay

No one cares about stove and fridge kids gossip. Reasons to not vote Tobagonian born, Geologist Dr Keith Rowley. His performance.
(1) Covid will spread like wildfire. TT Rank 162; near last in the world similar to Ethiopia for Covid testing. Little testing of one third of 1 percent done; no mitigation of the risk.

(2) Kamla has a real team of Physicians as Ministers to handle Covid. Rowley has no Physicians but doctors of (PHD)Geography and Pharmacy, wannabes doctors.

(3) Up to 100,000 job loss, 70% closure of down stream plants at Point Lisas & Petrotrin

(4) 538 people were murdered last year. Kidnapping, rape, robberies out of control. 

(5)People suffering for water

(6) Property tax coming under Dr Rowley. $3,000 for the average family to pay in tax

(7)Full time Unemployment is over 80% for young people. Unemployment 25%.

(cool100,000 Laptop & books for children removed. Kamla will bring these back. 

(9)Dr Rowley failed to open 72 schools, hospitals, Universities, daycare Centers, tech schools, sports complex that Kamla built

(10) Dr Rowley demeaning comments towards women like “jammetry”, golf course Insults to young candidates etc etc

(11) Spent $1.2 Billion USD from the Heritage & Stabilization Fund with zero Accountability!!

(12) Foreign exchange Reserve decrease from Kamla $12 Billion USD to $5 Billion USD under Dr Rowley. This is why you cannot get $100 USD from your bank but the 1% can. If you want change - vote Kamla!!!

Any comment on the above PJ, its in the newspaper?

sgtdjones 2020-08-06 19:38:08 

Sinanan wants Jack to lose his EBC deposit

20- 20 tie with Jack winning the last seat.

Bacchanal starts... razz razz razz razz

Comments:

Rohan the roads the country is the worst we have ever seen it ,even the highways are in a bad state.U was the campaign manager in 2015 and again in 2020.Was emailgate your plan then ,i think the source of those fake emails should be investigated.Stop the lies ,propaganda ,arrogance and blamegame and fix the roads,clean the rivers and drains and then ask people to vote for pnm..........Rowley should join comedyfest,he sound jokey on the platforms.

Riki

For 50 years what did the people get from the PNM a big fat nothing ,nothing,nothing so people if you stupid enough to vote for a party that have no vision so be it crapaud smoke your pipe as the saying goes. Wake Up look at what the PNM did for the last 50 years for you ,look at it carefully then make your decision

bravos 2020-08-06 21:18:15 

Anyone supporting UNC is either a sycophant, racist or just plain dunce and ignorant..

problemjay 2020-08-07 00:15:42 

In reply to bravos

Anyone supporting UNC is either a sycophant, racist or just plain dunce and ignorant..

dont hurt sgtdjones feelings man

right now he busy looking for something irrelevant to copy and paste in here lol

Emir 2020-08-07 01:05:19 

In reply to problemjay

Many of the traditional UNC voters have lost hope on Kamla and they see the UNC as irrelevant. They may either stay home or vote PNM.

Rowley is a seriously good leader and it is beginning to become clearer on the people. He is vanilla- never sugar coat anything, tells it as it is, he don't beg people to vote for him, he is unvarnished- which is a breath of fresh air.

He is not fighting a popularity contest and he seems to be making decision based upon facts, and for the benefit of the country even when he had to piss off his hard core base and others.

VIX 2020-08-07 16:33:24 

Down to the homestretch. From my viewpoint the PNM will win 22-19
UNC will hold on to all of their their current constituencies.

These seats will swing the results: Moruga, Fyzabad, La Horquetta/Talparo, Toco/Sangre Grande, Tunapuna, St. joseph. I believe Moruga will go UNC. The others could be close.

Narper 2020-08-07 17:00:36 

In reply to VIX

PNM batty biting

Cant beat dem threaten to jail dem...mislead the population
Run on Covid19 only

Jearlean helping flood victim....Growley bawling how UNC giving away fride for votes....talking bout jammete behavior

big grin big grin big grin

problemjay 2020-08-07 18:11:34 

In reply to VIX

Maybe, but I won't be surprised if San Juan or Chaguanas East go PNM this time around. UNC could end up with less than what they have now

problemjay 2020-08-07 18:12:41 

In reply to Emir

Man I know all what you saying. Is desperate times now for Skamla lol

TriniStar 2020-08-07 18:38:34 

In reply to VIX

oh yuh think so eh? Well this is a swing seat that the UNC currently hold Link Text

how sure you are about UNC holding on to all their seats? big grin

VIX 2020-08-07 18:48:37 

In reply to TriniStar

Its just my opinion.

sgtdjones 2020-08-07 20:02:04 

In reply to problemjay

Covid19 cases in TT have been on the rise over the past two weeks. TT has now recorded over 200 cases with eight deaths.

PJ , you were bragging about how Rowley closed it down? What happened, gotta be the UNC fault. rolleyes

sgtdjones 2020-08-08 02:41:25 

Latest NACTA poll: Election cliffhanger

AFTER its latest opinion poll, the North American Caribbean Teachers Association (NACTA) is refusing to call Monday’s general election

Link Text

PJ , is Rowley in trouble?

cool

sgtdjones 2020-08-08 12:54:10 

Health Ministry building set on fire by "The Resistance' over Covid

The Ministry of Health building in Port of Spain was deliberately set on fire this morning

15 test positive today and the PM boasting every night he managed Covid so well the we are no 1 in the world. He forget one thing the 62. We are 162 in the world and counting.

Link Text

PNM seems desperate PJ , did Rowley blame a cheesehead?

sgtdjones 2020-08-08 12:56:20 

US warns its citizens about travel to T&T due to Covid-19

The US State Department has adjusted its advisory to US citizens, warning about Covid-19 in Trinidad and Tobago.

In a statement issued on Wednesday, the US State Department advised the following:

Reconsider travel to Trinidad and Tobago due to restricted travel options put in place to prevent COVID-19

Link Text

Bacchanal the US gotta be supporting the cheeseheads PJ?...a new conspiracy

problemjay 2020-08-08 13:12:59 

So once again another marginal seat that PNM is ahead, another marginal seat the UNC need to win to stand a chance but find themselves behind.

PNM ahead in crucial Toco/Grande seat

On the eve of Monday’s General Election, People’s National Movement (PNM) Toco/Sangre Grande candidate Roger Monroe is out front against United National Congress (UNC) contender Nabila Greene in the battle for the highly-contested seat.

The findings are contained in a recent poll conducted by HHB and Associates Ltd poll led by pollster Louis Bertrand.

The poll, commissioned by Guardian Media, showed Munroe was ahead of Greene by 13 per cent.

Toco/Sangre Grande was one of six marginal constituencies undertaken by the firm leading up to the August 10 general election.

The poll’s margin of error is six per cent. Read More Link Text

problemjay 2020-08-08 13:43:20 

Oh Skamla we waiting to blank you on Monday twisted

Kamla claims she’s unaware of racist UNC ads Link Text

B16JP587S 2020-08-08 14:53:30 

Pundits say T&T poll too close to call.

Narper 2020-08-08 15:46:33 

“You know we have two more days to go. We are on the eve of the election again, I make the point that the Rowley party is very desperate. I think they are smelling it that they are going to lose the elections and therefore sing anything they can to take distractions ways from the real issue the bread and butter issues of helping people,” Persad-Bissessar said.

“They fail to provide any plan as to how they will help people, as to how they will govern the country over the next five years.”

TriniStar 2020-08-08 18:35:36 

These ads be cracking me up Link Text

lol

TriniStar 2020-08-08 23:03:57 

Soca Music Tv Facebook page Link Text

lol lol

problemjay 2020-08-09 11:14:51 

Tomorrow is d day! smile

Emir 2020-08-09 13:31:35 

In reply to problemjay

I expect the election to be called as early as 8 p.m with Rowley declared winner:

20 seats for PNM

sgtdjones 2020-08-09 14:36:04 

Analysts: Tight Race for election 2020

The general election race is going to be a tight one between the People’s National Movement (PNM) and the United National Congress (UNC), according to several analysts.

Link Text

PJ ?

TriniStar 2020-08-09 14:36:20 

PNM will win with 23-24 seats. They will retain all the seats they have now. And possibly pick up either Chaguanas East or San Juan from the UNC which the UNC narrowly won in 2015.]

just remember this was my prediction since the early part of the election campaign. PNM will retain all the seats they currently hold and possibly take San Juan or Chaguanas East from UNC.

sgtdjones 2020-08-09 14:41:15 

Kamla: 'Growley' does not want you to vote

Link Text

Narps

Growley ?

razz razz razz razz razz

sgtdjones 2020-08-09 14:42:51 

NACTA: Tobago race also too close to call

The latest North American Caribbean Teachers Association (NACTA) poll has found the August 10 general election will be a “cliffhanger.

Link Text

Narper 2020-08-09 14:56:59 

In reply to sgtdjones

UNC leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar renamed the Prime Minister "Mr Growley"

Kamla on CC.com big grin big grin big grin

sgtdjones 2020-08-09 15:00:40 

In reply to Narper

Read this Comment in the Guardian:

The seabridge unnecessarily crashed by the Govt, cost to operate now is three times higher, Minister deposits $145,000 at FCB, lied about source of funds, Minister arrested and charged for corruption, Minister dismissed three times.

rolleyes

sgtdjones 2020-08-09 15:01:45 

In reply to Narper

You Better get Royalties on "Growley"

razz razz razz

problemjay 2020-08-09 15:18:23 

In reply to TriniStar

just remember this was my prediction since the early part of the election campaign. PNM will retain all the seats they currently hold and possibly take San Juan or Chaguanas East from UNC.

you making sgtdjones very uncomfortable man. you aint see him copying and pasting irrelevant opinion articles evil

sgtdjones 2020-08-09 15:54:51 

In reply to problemjay

The PNM motorcade did not seem to have as many people, but many in the crowd gathered around vehicles ignored physical distan­cing amid the pandemic.

Hundreds of people in the UNC motorcade gathered to support political leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar.

You sound nervous PJ, You have red flags on your car and following Growley on the highways?

razz razz razz

Remember I said to close to call.

20-20 with Jack seat deciding. That would be great results.

Emir 2020-08-09 16:50:17 

In reply to problemjay

The cut and paste prostitute is going to faint tomorrow.

sgtdjones 2020-08-09 20:52:53 

In reply to Emir

Did an Indo steal a few of your virgins?

rolleyes

sgtdjones 2020-08-10 02:20:46 

Duke vows to 'dig up files' on Rowley

Progressive Democratic Patriots (PDP) political leader Watson Duke on Saturday promised “dig up all the dirt" on the Prime Minister if PDP sweeps Tobago

Link Text

Jumpstart 2020-08-10 03:06:30 

In reply to sgtdjones

this is not the same dude on a rape charge? I hope its not the same "dirt" that toppin brought up to offend the sensibilities of the parliament and the country by subscribing the most vulgar, racist(black men as uncontrollable sex maniacs) accusations to a fellow parliamentarian during the only Vote of no confidence in an opposition leader in the history of the British Commonwealth

granite 2020-08-10 06:29:02 

Leh we go Alex there are votes to be had.

TriniStar 2020-08-10 12:27:07 

Despite the era of Covid I expect a good turn-out by the electorate

sgtdjones 2020-08-10 12:34:30 

In reply to Jumpstart

Jumpy

If one look in the closet of all of the T&T politicians, one would find they are all thieves.

This is why I am not supporting any party.

sgtdjones 2020-08-10 12:35:40 

Rowly claims after 5 years he light.

Did he get a bulb Imbert promised?

rolleyes

VIX 2020-08-10 14:39:15 

In reply to Emir

I expect the election to be called as early as 8 p.m with Rowley declared winner:

20 seats for PNM

If that's the result,PNM will be the losers.

problemjay 2020-08-10 18:38:39 

lol ut what next theUNC will try? they now complaining about hand sanitisers

UNC raises concern of hand sanitisers spoiling ballot papers

they trying to save face from earlyhttps://www.cnc3.co.tt/unc-raises-concern-of-hand-sanitisers-spoiling-ballot-papers/

problemjay 2020-08-10 20:40:26 

LIVE link happening now - Countdown to the polls

problemjay 2020-08-10 20:41:17 

*Updated* Tune in LIVE now as media coverage begin on the elections results
Link Text

problemjay 2020-08-10 22:19:27 

SEE THE VOTES COME IN - OUR INTERACTIVE MAP Link Text

problemjay 2020-08-10 22:26:41 

*Updated* Tune in LIVE now as media coverage begin on the elections results
Link Text

TriniStar 2020-08-10 22:51:25 

Remember my earlier prediction smile

problemjay 2020-08-11 02:49:54 

Its official Dr Rowley and the PNM has won the 2020 General election by 22-19

Emir 2020-08-11 02:53:07 

In reply to VIX

Typo, I projected 22 seats, was counting San Juan Barataria

VIX 2020-08-11 02:54:06 

In reply to VIX

Down to the homestretch. From my viewpoint the PNM will win 22-19

These seats will swing the results: Moruga, Fyzabad, La Horquetta/Talparo, Toco/Sangre Grande, Tunapuna, St. joseph. I believe Moruga will go UNC. The others could be close.

See when one is not a til they dead sheep, one can actually think rationally and come up with educated scenarios. cool cool

Emir 2020-08-11 02:56:12 

In reply to VIX

cool

TriniStar 2020-08-11 02:57:00 

I will admit my prediction was wrong. I predicted 23-24 PNM win and PNM won with 22 instead of 23 or 24. The Moruga result surprised me the most

TriniStar 2020-08-11 02:59:12 

Kamla right now giving a speech but not conceding

evil

Emir 2020-08-11 03:28:37 

In reply to TriniStar

She is dilarious.

Dukes 2020-08-11 06:04:44 

In reply to Emir

She is dilarious.

Is she Delirious or is she hilarious?

Emir 2020-08-11 10:36:28 

In reply to Dukes

big grin

Delirious but ah go take dilarious too, she would have been hilarious except some of her views are not funny at all. big grin

VIX 2020-08-11 14:05:25 

In reply to TriniStar

how sure you are about UNC holding on to all their seats? big grin

Pretty sure. Anyone who's not a fanatic would have seen that.

TriniStar 2020-08-11 14:53:42 

In reply to VIX

Pretty sure. Anyone who's not a fanatic would have seen that

Easy to be pretty sure AFTER the votes are counted. Anyone who is a fanatic will say that

problemjay 2020-08-12 18:14:36 

PDP's Watson Duke concedes defeat in Tobago East Link Text

problemjay 2020-08-13 00:51:39 

PNM WINS POPULAR MAJORITY VOTE! Link Text