The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Indo lives matter

steveo 2020-08-02 12:06:58 

Do the indos in Guyana need to start a movement, these abuses by police are getting routineLink Text

StumpCam 2020-08-02 12:40:48 

In reply to steveo

Why do you need permission? If that is a cause you believe in, then by all means raise awareness!
I don’t see what one thing has to do with the other!

sgtdjones 2020-08-02 12:45:43 

In reply to steveo

The Imam will ignore such.

twisted

steveo 2020-08-02 12:52:33 

In reply to sgtdjones

only 'B' lives matter, dont you see another thread that 'B' people are the most forgiving, the 'B' police have been 'forgiving' indos in Guyana for years, fulling their pockets from their good deeds

JahJah 2020-08-02 13:32:13 

In reply to steveo

Tell dem switch places with the black people getting it in India.

Drapsey 2020-08-02 13:38:40 

In reply to steveo

This looks to me like a case of police 'shake-down'. A shake-down of one who appears to have the ability to pay.

Is there a pattern here?

BTW, I didn't finish reading the article, hence my question...

Did the police end up killing the Indo subject?

steveo 2020-08-02 15:11:33 

In reply to Drapsey

This looks to me like a case of police 'shake-down'. A shake-down of one who appears to have the ability to pay.

Is there a pattern here?

BTW, I didn't finish reading the article, hence my question...

Did the police end up killing the Indo subject?

No he ended up suing them.

steveo 2020-08-02 15:18:24 

In reply to JahJah

Tell dem switch places with the black people getting it in India.

Never heard about that but did hear about the burning and beating of indos in African countries...

Anyway, its not my intention that this become, who is the worse/better race

I am highlighting that those same people in Guyana who would chant "BLM", commit the same crimes

Some honest self examinations is needed by everyone in the racial blame game.

granite 2020-08-02 16:09:20 

In reply to steveo
Yuza brave fella!!!

cool

Drapsey 2020-08-02 16:53:14 

In reply to steveo

No he ended up suing them.

Good.

So, why would you (ok, anyone) want to make any kind of comparison with BLM?

nick2020 2020-08-02 17:34:46 

In reply to Drapsey

True. Dead men can't (directly) sue.

openning 2020-08-02 18:19:25 

In reply to steveo

It would be oxymoron to include indo and whites, when labelling BLM issues.
All lives matter, but you have to live in a black person shoes to understand.
Class and Caste system is much different, to what black face in the states.

steveo 2020-08-02 18:45:55 

In reply to openning

It would be oxymoron to include indo and whites, when labelling BLM issues.
All lives matter, but you have to live in a black person shoes to understand.
Class and Caste system is much different, to what black face in the states.

You are putting up a false premise in my opinion, that blacks are targeted BECAUSE OF BEING BLACK and that blacks are being persecuted in the US. Why not asians or other races?? Whites have also been killed by the police.

Blacks kill more blacks than the police, so who or what is the real danger?? Based on how do you think the white or any police will perceive the average black man on the street??

I was a yellow cab driver in NY at one point. 95 % of my passengers were white, maybe 1% black. 95% of confrontations, attempts to rob, skipping a fare were from blacks...

Now what would my perception be of the average black person, would I stop for them??

Yellow cab drivers were demonized because of this, the fact that most of them being foreign and could barely present their positions made them instantly lose the publicity battle. But things like that have a fundamental cause which many do not want to hear.

Anyway, there is too much PLAIN TALK on this thread, I will digress before it gets out of control.

steveo 2020-08-02 18:52:14 

In reply to nick2020

True. Dead men can't (directly) sue.

Quite recently some police kidnapped, beat an indo robber and was taking him to be killed in some secluded area, when he managed to jump out of the car trunk and escaped. This happened because he robbed a family member of the police. Never seen this happen before.

Do you know the relationship between black police and black criminals in Guyana: they are given the keys to AK47s to create mayhem, ever heard of Lusinan or Bartia massacre ??

There is a place named Linden in Guyana, there are no indos living there, do some research into Guyana's history to learn why

Barry 2020-08-02 19:06:06 

In reply to steveo

You are putting up a false premise in my opinion, that blacks are targeted BECAUSE OF BEING BLACK and that blacks are being persecuted in the US. Why not asians or other races?? Whites have also been killed by the police.

Blacks kill more blacks than the police, so who or what is the real danger?? Based on how do you think the white or any police will perceive the average black man on the street??

I was a yellow cab driver in NY at one point. 95 % of my passengers were white, maybe 1% black. 95% of confrontations, attempts to rob, skipping a fare were from blacks...

Now what would my perception be of the average black person, would I stop for them??

Sampling and generalization by Taxi-Murderers are made of this.

big grin

Barry 2020-08-02 19:10:23 

"Someday, a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.” confused
Robert De Niro, Taxi Driver

sgtdjones 2020-08-02 19:53:23 

In reply to Barry

Barry (PJ) are you expecting to be washed?

razz razz razz razz

What is the percentage of black youths being killed in T&T, soon we will have a generation missing?

openning 2020-08-02 19:58:53 

In reply to steveo
You really think apartheid was not institutionalized a system of institutionalized racial segregation.
You think slavery was not for whites to have the upperhand on blacks
I am from Barbados, grew up so different from my best friend, who is from Morgan City Louisiana, and who has a university degree, both he and his wife.
I thank god for the blacks slaves in Barbados who fought for our freedom.
I thank The Right EW Barrow, for opening the learning process, so that all Barbadians, have access to free education..
If you understand Social Stratification within the US, you would know why blacks are treated as second class citizen.
It will change, it has to.

steveo 2020-08-02 20:40:01 

In reply to Barry

Sampling and generalization by Taxi-Murderers are made of this.

Is it a generalization when the vast majority of drivers have the same reaction, do they all hate money??

Or you are telling me that the taxi drivers from a multitude of different backgrounds, countries and cultures have all plotted to form a racial boycott against a single race

Quite a dumbass statement

Also, can never be ashamed of being a taxi driver, its an honest living. I have had many and diverse jobs in my life and they all have been executed well and honestly

steveo 2020-08-02 20:49:03 

In reply to openning

You really think apartheid was not institutionalized a system of institutionalized racial segregation.
You think slavery was not for whites to have the upperhand on blacks
I am from Barbados, grew up so different from my best friend, who is from Morgan City Louisiana, and who has a university degree, both he and his wife.
I thank god for the blacks slaves in Barbados who fought for our freedom.
I thank The Right EW Barrow, for opening the learning process, so that all Barbadians, have access to free education..
If you understand Social Stratification within the US, you would know why blacks are treated as second class citizen.
It will change, it has to.

Of course apartheid was "institutionalized", I am not denying that

You cant expect other people to cook a pot to suit you and not them, you run the pot and cook your own stew

openning 2020-08-02 21:03:20 

In reply to steveo

Guyana could be a good study, having one race with the power and population.
A number of Indo-Guyanese left Guyana because of the policies of a Black man.
A number of whites left Barbados, because of the same.
It will not happen in my life time, but blacks one day will take power in the US of A.

Norm 2020-08-02 21:03:24 

In reply to steveo

Do the indos in Guyana need to start a movement

Guyanese need to raise awareness of the cultures of all the ethnic groups, to lift the entire country.

Currently, some Amerindians are engaged in a private and voluntary effort to revive their languages and traditions. Such efforts should be expanded to include more ethnic groups, in an atmosphere of respect for all.

Fantom 2020-08-02 21:10:23 

In reply to Barry

This steveo fella is Jeremy's alter ego. Keep fooling the poor people in Guyana. Make black and Indian never be one.

Exxon Mobil will out with the oil and leave y'all dying from all kinda cancers like they do in Louisiana and other places in the USA.

Oh, Walter Rodney, where art thou? cry cry cry

Barry 2020-08-02 21:14:48 

In reply to steveo

Is it a generalization when the vast majority of drivers have the same reaction, do they all hate money??

Death by verdict of the majority

confused

steveo 2020-08-02 21:15:42 

In reply to Norm

Currently, some Amerindians are engaged in a private and voluntary effort to revive their languages and traditions.

I wont argue against this, they have been very marginalized as the indigenous peoples

Barry 2020-08-02 21:16:25 

In reply to steveo

Also, can never be ashamed of being a taxi driver, its an honest living. I have had many and diverse jobs in my life and they all have been executed well and honestly

It is an honest job. The problem is the pontification and generalization

steveo 2020-08-02 21:17:53 

In reply to Barry

Death by verdict of the majority

Yes like global call for APNU to concede defeat, it was a massive conspiracy against one race

Barry 2020-08-02 21:18:36 

In reply to steveo

You cant expect other people to cook a pot to suit you and not them, you run the pot and cook your own stew

Isn't that how Burnham and Granger reasoned?

cool

Barry 2020-08-02 21:19:43 

In reply to steveo
You have advanced brother, you have become like the oppressor . ..

razz

Barry 2020-08-03 10:12:06 

Bump confused

DukeStreet 2020-08-03 17:23:06 

In reply to steveo

So, what's your perception of the average black person and what conclusion should one draw from your numbers?

Drapsey 2020-08-03 17:41:15 

In reply to steveo

Black folks have the reputation, earned or not, for liking things easy. They're lazy according to some. So maybe they thought you were easy, a push over in other words.

steveo 2020-08-04 00:59:27 

In reply to Drapsey

Black folks have the reputation, earned or not, for liking things easy. They're lazy according to some. So maybe they thought you were easy, a push over in other words.

Is that why the white man subjugates black folks according to some? they are easy, a push over?

steveo 2020-08-04 01:01:41 

In reply to DukeStreet

So, what's your perception of the average black person and what conclusion should one draw from your numbers?

I wont go there lol lol

Now you answer honestly, were would you feel least comfortable walking middle of the night, the projects in brooklyn, china town or greenich village manhattan village?? Why?

Anyway fellas, dont race bait me anymore, I will have already been written down in your black books

Barry 2020-08-04 03:29:30 

In reply to steveo

Black books- not my color... confused

DukeStreet 2020-08-04 12:01:19 

In reply to steveo

Anyway fellas, dont race bait me anymore, I will have already been written down in your black books

Race bait? Steeeeups. I'm just trying to understand your post and you failed to answer my question. You then throw the question back at me.

Come on man, be a man and answer straight questions.

As to me walking in NY, I have walked the heart of Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan. Never feared any man.

steveo 2020-08-04 13:06:40 

In reply to DukeStreet

As to me walking in NY, I have walked the heart of Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan. Never feared any man.

How about men?

Fear can be useful, but there is a culture out there that promotes foolhardiness in place of good sense.

birdseye 2020-08-04 13:09:23 

In reply to Barry
Ah black people black people --- always inventing and creating just to have it coopted by others
George Washington Carver, Otis Boykin's noteworthy inventions include a wire precision resistor and a control unit for the pacemaker.

Elijah McCoy was a 19th century African American inventor best known for inventing lubrication devices used to make train travel more efficient.

Men hair styles, numerous genres of music… just to name a few things … black lives matter is now the latest. What can us black folks do? what can black folks do, copy right nail and down everything?

big grin

Andy99 2020-08-04 14:28:08 

In reply to steveo

Fear can be useful, but there is a culture out there that promotes foolhardiness in place of good sense.

Pure facts bro.
Same thing with women and rape, it ain't right and women should be free to dress and walk, explore as they want but common sense should tell you that going to lonely areas increases the chances of something happening to them.
Same way I would not walk thru the Beetham or Laventille in T&T. I don't care who come on here and say they does walk, they is friends, or whatever. I know stories from people, I read the news, I have seen videos and I have enough common sense to not put myself in those compromising situations.

DukeStreet 2020-08-04 14:40:48 

In reply to steveo

Common sense will tell you if there is danger, irrespective of race. You still didn't answer my question but that's okay. Keep running from a simple question.

steveo 2020-08-04 15:03:17 

In reply to DukeStreet

Common sense will tell you if there is danger, irrespective of race. You still didn't answer my question but that's okay. Keep running from a simple question.

Its not a simple question. My perspective will depend on context etc, eg are we in the church, the club, or tiger bay??

What kind of black people are we talking about, I have had friends from Togo and Ghana and they are pretty mellow, playful and friendly people, while I observe the culture of black people in the Eastern US is to adopt a very confrontational, aggressive and even thuggish persona and will actually look for and instigate conflict. Black people from the south have a different posture, I have found them to be more considered less and less impulsive. Then there are the Muslims.

This is a very sensitive subject, but I have always held on the belief that culture or a lack is the source of these problems.

steveo 2020-08-04 15:04:51 

In reply to Andy99

Pure facts bro.
Same thing with women and rape, it ain't right and women should be free to dress and walk, explore as they want but common sense should tell you that going to lonely areas increases the chances of something happening to them.
Same way I would not walk thru the Beetham or Laventille in T&T. I don't care who come on here and say they does walk, they is friends, or whatever. I know stories from people, I read the news, I have seen videos and I have enough common sense to not put myself in those compromising situations.

Bro as I get older, I am holding closer to the adage "prevention is better than cure"

Barry 2020-08-04 15:31:51 

In reply to Andy99

Same way I would not walk thru the Beetham or Laventille in T&T. I don't care who come on here and say they does walk, they is friends, or whatever. I know stories from people, I read the news, I have seen videos and I have enough common sense to not put myself in those compromising situations
I would not advise my black friends to walk through Barrackpore also ... machete and gun is the same
By the way there are a number of historic Indian families living in Laventille .. and several families in Sea Lots are mixed

confused

Barry 2020-08-04 15:34:50 

In reply to Andy99

Almost three years after he was paralysed in an accident that claimed the lives of three other people, Sea Lots resident Ryan Rampersad has been awarded $800,000 in damages by the driver's insurance company.

Rampersad, a father of two, was seriously injured in the accident on February 24, 2013 when off-duty police constable, Sherwyn Legere, slammed into a group of Sea Lots residents as they were standing on the pavement along the Beetham Highway.

Three members of the group–Haydee Paul and her two young daughters, Shakira, seven and Akasha, eight–died

Link Text

Ryan is Indian Trinidadian
Link Text

Barry 2020-08-04 15:37:36 

mixed\ indian families in Beetham
Link Text confused

Andy99 2020-08-04 16:11:21 

In reply to Barry

Lol you too funny.

Why not post the late Dole, the Indian gangster from Beetham?

Who never said there were Indians in those areas or that Indians aren't criminals?

Do you have a comprehension problem?

Surely you have an issue if you try to suggest Barrackpore is as dangerous as Beetham and Laventille.

sgtdjones 2020-08-04 18:11:29 

In reply to Andy99

Just ignore barry(PJ) he will quote references from his Master's Degree shortly.

You didn't mention any race, yet he pounced on such. Notice his response...sigh.

“How can you have as a country that 34 per cent of the population is black and only 10 significant black-owned businesses. That cannot be right.”Yet,The PNM ruled this country for 50 years

He should be concerned about the above and the reason why?

Barry 2020-08-04 19:34:35 

In reply to Andy99

Why not post the late Dole, the Indian gangster from Beetham?

Who is Dole? Your father. I don't know him.
Racist dogs surround me

cool

Barry 2020-08-04 19:38:21 

In reply to Andy99

Surely you have an issue if you try to suggest Barrackpore is as dangerous as Beetham and Laventille.

When last you went Barrackpore?
Link Text

Link Text

Barry 2020-08-04 19:39:14 

A search of the camp resulted in officers finding a black bag containing a Sphinx pistol loaded with a magazine containing seven rounds of ammunition and a Beretta pistol also loaded with a magazine containing seven rounds of ammunition.

The suspect,a 41-year-old man of New Colonial Road, Barrackpore, was arrested in connection with the finds.

This was for cutting cane
big grin

Barry 2020-08-04 19:40:08 

Loop News Created : 28 May 2020
Crime
Left to right: Nicholas Latchman, Shalini Silochan (Photos provided by the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service)

Left to right: Nicholas Latchman, Shalini Silochan (Photos provided by the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service)

A Barrackpore couple is expected to appear in the Princes Town Magistrates' Court on Thursday charged with possession of a firearm and ammunition.

Nicholas Latchman, 30, and his common-law wife Shalini Silochan, 35, were arrested on Wednesday, after a firearm was discovered at their home at Ramlal Trace, Rochard Douglas Road, Barrackpore.

Officers of the Barrackpore Police station executed a search warrant at the couple’s residence and found one Coveneca shotgun with a 12-gauge cartridge and one round of ammunition on the top of a wardrobe.

For hunting gouti and people from Laventille

Barry 2020-08-04 19:41:04 

Police are investigating the murder of Tricia Allison Ramsaran after a 50-year-old man admitted to police that he allegedly ‘killed his wife and left the body behind the house’, this morning.

Following the man’s admission at the Barrackpore Police Station, officers proceeded to the man’s address where they found the 37-year-old woman’s nude body.

A mistake?

Barry 2020-08-04 19:42:42 

Link Text

A Barrackpore mother of three is at risk of losing her arm after she and her family were chopped by a male friend on Friday night.

Savitre Lalman, 35, remained warded at the San Fernando Hospital (SFGH) after the 26-year-old man stormed their Cunjal Road home and rained terror on the family. The incident happened around 8.30 pm.

Police said Lalman was asleep, when the man entered the home and began chopping her. Her right arm, stomach and the top of her head suffered injuries.

The suspect then proceeded to chop Lalman’s father Lalman Jaggernath, who tried to intervene. The 68-year-old man received chops to his right arm and left shoulder.

Lalman’s 17-year old daughter was also chopped in the fracas. The ASJA Girls’ student had wounds to the left side of her head and left arm. They have both been treated and discharged.

Any99 will reattach her hand

Barry 2020-08-04 19:43:16 

Racism makes you blind
cool

sgtdjones 2020-08-04 21:17:28 

In reply to Barry

Yep , you are blind.

Runs 2020-08-04 21:49:53 

In reply to openning

Eh? Take power where? Where yuh buying yuh weed from? lol

openning 2020-08-05 00:21:34 

In reply to Runs

Take power where

There is a god, and I am a believer.
BTW, I quite cigarettes in 1977 when my wife and I was planning to have our first child, weed was something I was never in to.

Norm 2020-08-05 02:48:31 

In reply to openning

weed was something I was never in to.

Me neither. I could never see the sense in weed, or even smoking.

Life was interesting enough as it was! And still is.

sgtdjones 2020-08-05 03:14:40 

In reply to Norm

I was at the hospital bed when 3 humans passed away; cancer of the lungs from weed.

Then one a Native American that gave us tobacco, said "tell everyone dont smoke, it's not worth it".

He was 42 years old.

Norm 2020-08-05 04:53:53 

In reply to sgtdjones

cancer of the lungs from weed.

Didn't know about this. Thanks.

openning 2020-08-05 05:17:37 

In reply to Norm

I left Barbados in April of 1970, never saw weed, knew no one that smoke it.
Alcohol is just as bad, saw it Destroy a few people

Norm 2020-08-05 09:25:58 

In reply to openning

Alcohol is just as bad, saw it Destroy a few people

Both weed and liquor could destroy people. We lost Richard Austin and that Bajan keeper David Murray to that stuff.

Several Guyanese cricketers have had issues with liquor.

sgtdjones 2020-08-05 15:32:07 

In reply to Norm

Study done in New Zealand

Results:

There were 79 cases of lung cancer and 324 controls. The risk of lung cancer increased 8% (95% CI 2% to 15%) for each joint-year of cannabis smoking, after adjustment for confounding variables including cigarette smoking, and 7% (95% CI 5% to 9%) for each pack-year of cigarette smoking, after adjustment for confounding variables including cannabis smoking. The highest tertile of cannabis use was associated with an increased risk of lung cancer RR=5.7 (95% CI 1.5 to 21.6), after adjustment for confounding variables including cigarette smoking.

Link Text

tops 2020-08-05 15:43:46 

In reply to Norm
"Both weed and liquor could destroy people"
Or people can destroy themselves with weed and liquor.

openning 2020-08-05 15:52:33 

In reply to Norm

Both weed and liquor could destroy people. We lost Richard Austin and that Bajan keeper David Murray to that stuff.

I've known David as youths, we got early coaching by Foffie Williams, back then.
My last game in bim was a friendly, I kept wickets and David bowled.
It was said to see him a few decades later, as he asked me for a dollar

Norm 2020-08-05 17:53:28 

In reply to tops

Or people can destroy themselves with weed and liquor.

I agree. This is even more accurate.

Norm 2020-08-05 17:56:11 

In reply to sgtdjones

Study done in New Zealand

Very interesting. People tend to not think that smoked weed (some types, at least) could have similar physiological effects on the body as smoked tobacco.

sgtdjones 2020-08-05 20:03:38 

In reply to Norm

Weed is not good for your heart, studies say

You may love smoking weed, but it does not love your heart, according to the American Heart Association's new scientific statement on marijuana.

"The American Heart Association recommends that people not smoke or vape any substance, including cannabis products, because of the potential harm to the heart, lungs and blood vessels," said Dr. Rose Marie Robertson, the deputy chief science and medical officer for the American Heart Association, in a statement.

Link Text

Norm 2020-08-06 20:25:06 

In reply to sgtdjones

The American Heart Association recommends that people not smoke or vape any substance, including cannabis products, because of the potential harm to the heart, lungs and blood vessels

That's my thought on such matters too, but there are smokers out there who would conveniently argue that smoking is harmless. I suppose it is just like arguing that COVID-19 is fake or harmless.