The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Welcome back Toronto Raptors

WI_cricfan 2020-08-02 13:41:39 

The boys are back and playing very good BBall.
#back2back

Kay 2020-08-02 13:59:03 

In reply to WI_cricfan

Can't read too much into that win .... the Lakers is their bunny!!

What is it 6 years now?

WI_cricfan 2020-08-02 22:22:58 

In reply to Kay

But it's the same LBJ that give the raps heart ache many times before no??

Ayenmol 2020-08-03 01:05:38 

Raptors playing with confidence.

These guys believe in themselves and have learned how to win....that win against the Lakers showed me alot.

They were up big then lost the lead them promptly dug on again..,that is winning grit right there, good teams are able to do that.

Am optimistic about this team making it back to the finals.

Lakers are fools gold. They played a good game vs the Clippers. While Clippers played way below average with a ton of turnovers and Kawhi could not hit the side of a barn from 2 feet. Yet they had a chance to win the game late....and bothched that!

Davis looks uninterested. His numbers in the fourth are telling and could haunt him in the Playoffs.

Kay 2020-08-03 03:28:04 

In reply to WI_cricfan

But it's the same LBJ that give the raps heart ache many times before no??

A team also includes the coach .... Casey was one dimensional and often had no answer in clutch situations

Rudeman 2020-08-03 17:10:39 

I have Toronto winning the east because of their team play espically on defense. Nick Nurse should be the coach of the year.

Hellraiser 2020-08-05 16:04:28 

In reply to Ayenmol

Am optimistic about this team making it back to the finals.

If whatever you said about the Raptors before is anything to go by, I believe you are being sarcastic.

Or is it that you just trying to goat mouth the Raps?

Ayenmol 2020-08-05 17:37:30 

In reply to Hellraiser

Then you are really not paying attention. Two years ago i predicted the Raptors would go to the Finals with Kawhi and specifically attributed it to Kawhi's knowing how to win...What i maintained during last years final was that the Warriors were a better team.

Of course people today think you need to be all in or all out...you can't like someone or something and still point out it's flaws and mistakes.

This team is playing great ball and the Bucks are still one dimensional... don't care what their three point mae rate is...Giannis still can't hit a jumper consistently, and for all the athleticism he possesses, he just runs into people in the lane and lacks the ability to dribble around opponents...he just runs over people.

He is too easily accounted for and neutralized in Playoff ball.
The 6'ers can't figure out what they are.
Who does that leave? Miami?

Hellraiser 2020-08-05 19:14:49 

In reply to Ayenmol

Two years ago i predicted the Raptors would go to the Finals with Kawhi
Reaaaaalllly? When you wrote that my computer screen was smudged and I missed that. I thought you were all in with the Bucks last season and was really ecstatic with the results of the first two games of the Eastern Conference Finals 2019.

Anyway, here is my take on this weird NBA 2020 season. O.G. Anunoby is no Kawhi and is a liability from the free throw line. Matt Thomas is no Danny Green and is a liability at the defensive end. Terrence Davis and Hollis-Jefferson are inconsistent at best. The only positive is that Siakam and Van Vleet are better that they were in 2019.

Generally, while the other main contenders (Bucks, Lakers and Clippers) have added high quality players to their lineup, the Raptors are now a downgraded version of the 2019 championship team.

The NBA is being played at a neutral venue and the teams with the best road record will prevail. Giannis, even though inconsistent, is a much better shooter than he was last season. Thus, I predict a Bucks vs Lakers NBA finals.

I like and will always support the Raptors but I am not an ostrich.

Ayenmol 2020-08-05 19:24:57 

In reply to Hellraiser

Yes. Not a man can dispute that....the discussion went on for weeks when DeRosen claimed the Raptors disrespected him by trading him. As usual i was the lone dissenter.
All the Raptor fans who were here celebrating last year, were adamant that the move was crazy, Kawhi was hurt, blah blah...I was the one here stating that Kawhi would elevate this team if he was able to play at a fraction of his previous self.

I posted the archive last year too...

imusic 2020-08-07 02:44:27 

In reply to Hellraiser

Reaaaaalllly? When you wrote that my computer screen was smudged and I missed that. I thought you were all in with the Bucks last season and was really ecstatic with the results of the first two games of the Eastern Conference Finals 2019

It’s called “convenient amnesia“