The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

BIM BUT NOW BRITISH ARCHER RUBBISH MIKEY HOLDING

Emir 2020-09-15 11:22:20 

"I'm pretty sure Michael Holding doesn't know anything that is going on behind the scenes," Archer said.

Link Text

Archer reminds me of some of the black athletes in the days of Muhmmad Ali who was used by the media to criticize Ali.

This Archer is an idiot and I hope Jason takes note. His friendship with Archer is not good for our cricket.

Ewart 2020-09-15 11:55:13 

In reply to Emir

The best that can be said about Archer is that he is immature. I will leave it at that for now.

rolleyes

//

sudden 2020-09-15 12:12:52 

In reply to Emir

on that statement alone that you cited, can you say that Archer is incorrect?

Barry 2020-09-15 12:40:36 

In reply to Emir

Archer is correct... confused

Barry 2020-09-15 12:42:20 

Where was BLM when Mikey insulted Lara’s daughter and rubbished Pollard... that’s what happens when you marry an ugly wife....

mikesiva 2020-09-15 12:43:15 

In reply to Emir

Given that players such as Labuschagne, Curran and Malan were playing, I wouldn't be surprised if that trio in particular were uncomfortable with anything concerning Black Lives Matters....

And they would've had a lot of support from quite a few white players in England.

It was good to see Holding putting them on the spot.

As granite has pointed out several times, racism is rife in English cricket at all levels....

pooranian 2020-09-15 13:45:56 

This argument is very similar to people seeing Africa as one nation....Archer may have some inside info and he may be right..

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-09-15 13:57:38 

Emir mischievously takes Archer's quote of context and his followers just go along without reading the article.

Anything to put Archer in his place.

Halliwell 2020-09-15 14:05:31 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Or maybe the problem is that Archer is the black representative wheeled out to shut up the black rabble-rouser Holding, because English cricket prefers even not to publicise the ‘behind the scenes’ efforts towards racial equality.

And Archer is comfortable with it, and is a happy marionette

Maispwi 2020-09-15 14:27:51 

And Langer adds his voice

When all is said and done ah prefer to know how people really feel and not what dey are complying with by way of symbolic gestures.

Maispwi 2020-09-15 14:38:57 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Perhaps allyu shud teach Jofra some diplomacy so dat his words wudn be so easily taken out of context.

All of a sudden Archer is de ECB spokesperson on BLM? And why shud de ECB initiatives on de subject be so top secret dat Jofra had to ask de Chief Executive to be in de know?

alfa1975 2020-09-15 14:42:33 

In reply to Barry It does appear that Michael Holding's comments will always be a lightning rod for a lot of Caribbean people.Refer to comments he made in regards to Lara in 1995. Gerry Gomez and all Trinidad radio were all over it. Only trouble was Lara's subsequent behaviour vindicated Holding in my opinion.
With regard to Mr Archer, he ought to take his mum's comments "You cant think for people' a little more seriously and personal.
Take a cue from Lewis Hamilton.

Halliwell 2020-09-15 14:42:56 

People often call these things ‘empty gestures’

But they will wear poppies, have Sept11 memorials, wear yellow ribbons, make hand gestures, pink day at cricket.

Like above I just prefer when you honest and come out and say black lives matter is for blacks and not for us....

FuzzyWuzzy 2020-09-15 14:56:30 

In reply to Maispwi

I agree Archer has to learn to pick which battles to wage...and not have to opine on everything

Jumpstart 2020-09-15 15:23:31 

In reply to Barry

what mikey say bout lara daughter? he losing it or what?

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy
yuh sure is not holding yuh talking about? De man saying pakistan,. a country with very few black people(yes i know about the siddhis) should take the knee...common man. I would have been happy if they did but if they didn;t.....its not going to stop racism. Holding sounding like that idiot Tessa Thompson( i feel physically angry about the bile that comes out that stupid woman's mouth) with this issue and as a result trivializing it.

Barry 2020-09-15 16:28:24 

In reply to alfa1975

Only trouble was Lara's subsequent behaviour vindicated Holding in my opinion
Take your opinion and shove it up yuh stinking arse . . . exactly what Lara do to confirm that skunt's slander?

confused

Barry 2020-09-15 16:32:17 

In reply to alfa1975
With regard to Mr Archer, he ought to take his mum's comments "You cant think for people' a little more seriously and personal.
Take a cue from Lewis Hamilton.
Mikey is a whore from Lahore

Barry 2020-09-15 16:35:20 

In reply to Jumpstart
Link Text

Brian Lara's daughter - possibly apocryphal

Like the best sledges, the best commentary one-liners tend to be claimed by and attributed to anyone who happened to be walking past the media centre on the day they were uttered. And so, it is hard to work out exactly who came up with the following gem on Brian Lara's epic 277 at Sydney in 1992-93, an innings so good that he named his daughter after the venue. "It's a good thing the game was not in Lahore," quipped either Michael Holding in his treacle-thick Jamaican tones, Tony Greig in his Aussie-Anglo-Afrikaaner hybrid, or Greg Ritchie in ... well, whatever twang Greg Ritchies talk in. In fact, some sources suggest that the suggested alternative venue was actually Faisalabad, which isn't really very funny or noteworthy at all.

It was Holding

evil

Barry 2020-09-15 16:42:14 

Mikey is a disgraceful shit- He now realizes he is black?

Former West Indies captain Brian Lara was a delight to watch when in full flow. The highest run-getter in Tests for the West Indies was a class apart as people from far and wide used to throng the stadiums just to watch him bat. The style and finesse the left-hander had, no other cricketer possessed in his generation. The 48-year-old turned back the clock but this time with the microphone while delivering the 2017 MCC Spirit of Cricket Cowdrey Lecture at the Lord's cricket ground. Lara spoke at length about a lot of incidents and also went on to criticize Michael Holding for his conduct during West Indies' 1980 tour of New Zealand.

Legendary fast bowler Holding shot back at Lara and dismissed his criticism of his conduct during West Indies' 1980 tour of New Zealand, saying he has "never been interested" in the batting great's opinions. "I am not interested in whatever Brian Lara says. Never was, never will be," that was Holding's blunt response when PTI asked him to comment on what Lara said against the 63-year-old while delivering the lecture last Monday.

It is well-known that both the West Indies' greats, Lara and Holding are not the best of friends.

During the MCC lecture, Lara spoke about he was "embarrassed" by the unsportsmanlike conduct of the West Indies in the 80s and 90s.

He specifically spoke about an incident that took place during the series against New Zealand in 1980, when Holding kicked the stumps in frustration.

"Michael Holding decided he was no longer a cricketer, he was a footballer and he kicked a stump. I am sure the occurrences during that period had a big effect on cricket," said Lara at Lord's.

While Lara took the opportunity to slam Holding yesterday, the "whispering death" has accused the legendary batsman of "getting away with murder" during his reign.

Link Text

Jumpstart 2020-09-15 16:43:43 

In reply to alfa1975

so because lara was/is a ladies man that says something? hoss holding and viv run through a whole marriage already. Holding was married to an SL lady and viv horned his wife with neena gupta( masaba gupta is a hottie but fact is she's the offspring of an adulterous affair which destroyed viv's marriage) At least lara aint tie up no woman life only to mash it up after( in viv's case, he destroyed two women's lives). The only thing lara did that offended a generation of British West indians who became caricom citizens at independence was stand up to the board. Which viv and holding also did. Only suck up between clive and lara was richardson

Barry 2020-09-15 16:56:51 

In reply to Jumpstart

Happy birthday , dad - I’m really trying to make this emotional , but you’re 66 now & still can’t send a whatsapp & think a smartphone is the devil incarnate.

Not even a good father
Link Text
Brian dotes on Sydney and Tyla
Link Text

Slipfeeler 2020-09-15 16:59:24 

Is Archer demonstrating stereotypical behaviour of a few from “Little England”?

JahJah 2020-09-15 17:32:23 

In reply to Barry

Redbaron, Holding got yu in yu feelings over Lara (the paragon of virtue) eh.

But Lara being embarrassed by West Indies' conduct in the 80s and 90s is a joke. HIM?

DWL

Jumpstart 2020-09-15 17:44:04 

In reply to JahJah

What lara did patnas........hold back an SA tour over a major industrial relations breach? If clive and WSCWI was not successful, their rebellion would have been mentioned in the same corridors as the SA fiasco. allyuh men not serious at all yes. Sobers went to Zimbabwe to play in a country where the ruler said he does not believe in black rule for the next thousand years(ian smith in rhodesia)

Verstehen 2020-09-15 18:48:23 

In reply to JahJah

Redbaron,

Wait what now the old fart is back?

lol

Barry 2020-09-15 19:27:08 

In reply to JahJah

Redbaron, Holding got yu in yu feelings over Lara (the paragon of virtue) eh.

But Lara being embarrassed by West Indies' conduct in the 80s and 90s is a joke. HIM?

DWL

I am not Redbaron, dog . . .
Don't me a mudda . . . .
What the bomboklatt yuh talking bout, ras?
Who Lara is that? You want ah Lara up you little arse?
Just saying

Barry 2020-09-15 19:28:12 

In reply to Verstehen
you is a token brown five cent piece?

confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused

alfa1975 2020-09-15 20:03:41 

In reply to JahJah I was just driving on the highway and reflected on the caustic repsonse to anything Lara and adding the volatility of Holding....and voila!
Red Baron.

Barry 2020-09-15 20:22:33 

In reply to alfa1975

In reply to JahJah I was just driving on the highway and reflected on the caustic repsonse to anything Lara and adding the volatility of Holding....and voila!
Red Baron.

You shoulda crash, fool
What you are tasting in yuh arse is my intense distaste of you

twisted

Verstehen 2020-09-15 21:03:13 

In reply to Barry

Word of advice- the more you speak the more you sound like RB
lol lol

I thought RB was a great guy, if totally egoistic, whose presence benefited the forum. Knowledgeable, incisive, but a bit of an asshole.

He let his ego get the better of him last time- this time we shall see! In the meanwhile quit cussing and have your prostrate examined old man! It's de rigueur these days for ole farts..

Barry 2020-09-15 21:35:51 

In reply to Verstehen
The brown one cent piece seeking attention rushes in where angels fear to thread. Retarded and slow, shunned by his people as an imbecile, he seeks a similar status here- the eternal dhalit. razz

Verstehen 2020-09-15 22:10:35 

In reply to Barry

Ya 10 cent q*nt, speak of the cricket only. That's where you make sense. lol

So what's your take on Pooran?

b4u8me2 2020-09-16 12:05:01 

Holding's comments was that it shouldn't just be behind the scenes. He was disappointed that Aus and End did not take knee and then gave lame excuses as to why. Taking the knee is a public gesture to show disapproval of racist treatment of blacks. So what Archer has said makes no sense as Holding was not speaking about whatever may be going on behind the scenes. He was speaking of the failure to demonstrate the public gesture. Holding also made it clear that he was no against people who chose not to participate in the public gesture. What he was against was the lame excuses as to why instead of being forthright.

pooranian 2020-09-16 12:57:34 

In reply to Verstehen

Word of advice- the more you speak the more you sound like RB

lol lol

Raggs 2020-09-16 13:12:41 

Black lives don't matter if it did they would at least kept the take the knee effort going till the cricket season was over.
Any black lives will be never matter until the African continent is a force in the scheme of things.
Well traveled mates of mine tell me they've been around the World but never set foot on that continent. Things like that mindset have to be addressed until then...

Slipfeeler 2020-09-16 13:30:50 

In reply to Raggs

Well, now that B’dos is considering removing the Queen as head of state, a move in the right direction, I am now force to retract my earlier remarks.
big grin big grin big grin

Barry 2020-09-16 14:05:07 

The point is that Holding does not like black people himself- he is a hypocrite....with an ugly wife cool

Raggs 2020-09-16 17:25:13 

In reply to Slipfeeler

That female prime minister down ah Barbados don't have that slavish mentality. Never surprise me she do that,

tc1 2020-09-16 21:04:25 

Will WI players take a knee in IPL later this month as a public gesture?

tc1 2020-09-16 21:36:30 

In reply to b4u8me2

Taking the knee is a public gesture to show disapproval of racist treatment of blacks.

Taking a knee has a symbolic meaning, Dr. King and other civil right leaders use taking a 'knee' to show the act of civil disobedience before being carted of to jail.

Cortes 2020-09-17 02:11:32 

In reply to Raggs
Wait! That is a woman?