The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Tallawahs CEO confident Russell will be back for 2021 CPL season

CaribbeanCricket.com 2020-09-17 12:58:01 

Jamaica Tallawahs CEO Jeff Miller believes Andre Russell will be back with the team for the 2021 season of the Hero CPL, despite the latter’s outburst earlier this year that this would be his last season with the team.

In a recent interview on Sportsnation Live on Nationwide Radio in Kingston, Miller spoke highly of Russell and expressed optimism about Dre Russ’ return next season.

“Andre is a team player. I can’t say more about the support he has given us. He has been a tremendous voice in the dressing room; he has been a mentor to Rovman Powell (JT team captain). He has been involved in our discussions and I would anticipate that Mr Russell will be back next year.”

Miller’s confidence belies the outburst from the former Tallawahs captain in April when in a rant on an Instagram Live, he declared that he would not return to the team after the just-concluded season.

Read more at SportsMax

Full Story

TriniStar 2020-09-17 22:47:18 

we shall see

rhatid 2020-09-19 20:32:27 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com
Could you guys please stop using the word Jamaica as part of this team's name! Can't you just say Tallawahs?!

anthonyp 2020-09-19 22:06:43 

In reply to rhatid

It they do that then nobody in the region gonna care about the tournament.. thats the only way to keep people interested

rhatid 2020-09-20 22:24:54 

In reply to anthonyp

Really? So who is interested in seeing the Tallawahs play now?

DIEHARD 2020-09-21 19:52:27 

In reply to rhatid

Could you guys please stop using the word Jamaica as part of this team's name! Can't you just say Tallawahs?

Why?

Isn't that the franchise name?

DIEHARD 2020-09-21 19:53:42 

In reply to anthonyp

It they do that then nobody in the region gonna care about the tournament.. thats the only way to keep people interested

I'm no genius but the players involved should be a bigger draw than the team names