The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

US Military patrolling the Guyana /Venezuela Border

WI_cricfan 2020-09-25 13:40:04 

In what critics are calling an intentionally provocative imperialist move targeting Venezuela, the United States and Guyana recently announced they will begin joint maritime patrols ostensibly aimed at fighting drug trafficking along the South American nation's disputed border with Venezuela.

Link Text

XDFIX 2020-09-25 14:29:46 

In reply to WI_cricfan

If the U.S. could invade little Grenada with only their politics on the table, can anyone see the U.S. refusing Venezuela's oil and rich mineral resources!

Casper 2020-09-25 14:55:09 

Should anyone be surprised by this development? When the US started getting so deeply involved in the outcome of last election, this was going to be the natural evolution.

Makes one wonder how much money they put into that election. Worst still is how much they are going to play going forward to ease or worsen ethnic tensions.

ray 2020-09-25 15:13:37 

I don't have a problem with that....I don't see some of you talking about Venezuela bogus claim to Guyana. About time lil Guyana get some muscle behind tham...fck Venezuela!

dayne 2020-09-25 15:28:18 

What's going on in Venezuela is largely caused by the sanctions placed on them by the Americans and European countries, very few oil rich countries would fall like they have without some people undermining them. It not would be a surprise if the present US Administration start an invasion just to distract the American public from the local issues they have in America.

problemjay 2020-09-25 15:30:11 

This is the consequence of a new PPP govt in Guyana?

problemjay 2020-09-25 15:32:55 

under Granger the United States would have never had been granted permission to patroll Guyanese waters to send a signal of threat to Venezuela.

This is why I said election having consequences. And the Guyanese people choosing to remove Granger come with consequences

Curtis 2020-09-25 16:07:51 

Let's be real.

Venezuela is a threat.

They want to take Essequibo from Guyana.

The story never dies.

No sympathy. Don't like the regime change by America but, if I had to pick, I remove the threat of annexation of Guyana by Venezuela.

See it Here!

Curtis 2020-09-25 16:18:51 

In reply to Casper

Dude, last election was very transparent - the previous govt barefacedly tried to steal the election and carried on a charade for 5 months. If it wasn't for Caricom, CCJ, and ABC, different results.

So stop with that narrative!

The US - Venezuela issue is a separate development that most people don't like, with regime change due to ideology differences and profit motive.

Curtis 2020-09-25 16:20:59 

In reply to dayne

Definitely, an invasion is a reelection tool, for a country that magnifies the glory of military intervention.

Curtis 2020-09-25 17:08:02 

In reply to problemjay

Ok, Emir lol lol lol lol

problemjay 2020-09-25 17:46:22 

In reply to Curtis

Look how Emir have you paranoid. Now answer my previous comment. Your new Guyanese govt is obviously a puppet to Trump shock

TriniStar 2020-09-25 17:49:11 

How much more of Guyanese sovereignty is this new Guyana government willing to sell to the US in exchange for American investment in their new found oil?

Curtis 2020-09-25 18:09:37 

In reply to problemjay

If you are paying attention, you'll see there's mutual benefits that could be had.

Puppets? Both current large parties in Guyana would do the same thing, so it's not an IF but who's in gov't at the time.

Previous administration hired American firm to lobby senators, suggesting they were huge American supporters.

Is Emir your other handle? lol lol

Curtis 2020-09-25 18:23:12 

Guyanese got screwed over the last time they went against the colonial and capitalist powers. They wandered aimlessly for 50 years, with their best sons and daughters scattered all over the globe.

Have they learned from that?

Drapsey 2020-09-25 18:37:50 

In reply to Curtis

Definitely, an invasion is a reelection tool, for a country that magnifies the glory of military intervention.

Yuh think that that's the much vaunted October Surprise?

sgtdjones 2020-09-25 19:55:29 

In reply to Curtis

Is Emir your other handle?

Nope but barry is.

lol lol lol lol

problemjay 2020-09-26 00:45:34 

Guyana new weak President need to look just in the region for inspiration and guidance on how to deal with the big bad American school yard bully Link Text

cool

Curtis 2020-09-26 01:03:40 

In reply to problemjay

So what exactly did Guyana commit to?

And Guyana was not criticized like they did Trinidad, prompting Rowley's "green grass" response.

Both the current and previous Guyanese governments have called out Uncle Sam in the past.

Emir 2020-09-26 02:14:11 

In reply to problemjay

Yes, it is why I distrusted these people with power. They are not real Guyanese
, the way that Afro Guyanese are, they see themselves as “Indos.”
And Guyana as a land to bleed the riches and align with Modi BJP philosophy albeit as lower caste followers.

Dangerous people and their subservience to the violent and radical dictatorship of Donald Trump administration will destabilize the region.

steveo 2020-09-26 04:59:57 

People that live in Guyana, close to the borders, know the necessity of this to deal with one major issue: the "Sindicatos". Criminal gangs which are an arm of the Venezuelan govt, kill, kidnap, hijack at will.

The Guyanese armed forces have been reluctant to confront these people, I think because they do not want to bite off more than they can chew.

Link1

This kinda shite has been going on for years but I feel Guyana and the media have been sweeping it under the rug. Its high time they are dealt with.

Norm 2020-09-26 05:05:28 

In reply to ray

I don't see some of you talking about Venezuela bogus claim to Guyana. About time lil Guyana get some muscle behind tham...fck Venezuela!

Am with you there, man. Bunch of politically- and racially-driven skunts supporting Venezuela.

Norm 2020-09-26 05:06:48 

In reply to steveo

Its high time they are dealt with.

I agree.

Jeremy 2020-09-26 07:23:36 

I fully support the new guyana/USA partnership.

I trust America 1 million time more then i trust pnc.

I was starving under pnc ruling of guyana.

All the trini posters here and other island peeps here are jealous of guyana and american new partnership.

PPP all the way for a thousands more years. it burns many of you here. jealousy and racism people posting here about guyana.

When burnham was rigging election for 28yrs in guyana and starving people and banning flour and dhal. People could not even make persad to perform their religion rituals. Caricom turn their back on guyana because burnham was their kind.

problemjay, caster, emir are a bunch of useless losers. They are haters of the ppp progressive party.

In America i trust.

Jeremy 2020-09-26 07:30:53 

All the small dotted islands people needs to stop being so jealouse of guyana new found wealth and huge land space with great wild life.

All the small islands who depend on tourism to survive can fit in guyana 1 hundred times.

Trindad don't even have space for people to live. trini people call a little trench a river.

To make a point sometimes we have to come off the fence.

sgtdjones 2020-09-26 13:36:18 

I am hoping that Guyana becomes the wealthiest in the Caribbean. The dispute with Venezuela about borders were settled decades ago. Use the Oil money wisely and develop infrastructure and agriculture.
Do not follow what T&T did.

Should Venezuela decide to move its armed forces into such territory, I hope the Guyanese get the US to help.

Russia and Cuba are in Venezuela.

Fantom 2020-09-26 14:35:54 

In reply to Casper

When the US started getting so deeply involved in the outcome of last election, this was going to be the natural evolution.

Makes one wonder how much money they put into that election.

Makes one wonder about all the propaganda spread by that poster calling himself/herself Jeremy.

Curtis 2020-09-26 22:55:57 

In reply to Fantom

You prefer we Keep the election thiefing in- house?

steveo 2020-09-27 01:48:05 

Guyana and Guyanese need to stop thinking about developed in only wealth. They need to think of developed in their thinking and culture. Backward thinking cannot sustain wealth, only open opportunities for the foxes out there to steal from our hen house.

I was listening to a guy on the radio recently on how Guyana imports so much powered milk while have soo much land and cattle, but they lack the pasteurization technology to maintain the milk before it can be properly processed. We need these kind of advancements to buttress local industries and fortify the health of the children.

Norm 2020-09-27 03:01:50 

In reply to steveo

Hopefully Guyanese will put their newfound source of wealth to good use, and food processing would a good avenue to go down, in my opinion. Petrochemicals would be another obvious avenue. The two could be go well together.

There is plenty of experience out there in how to develop, and not develop.

steveo 2020-09-27 13:11:55 

In reply to Norm

I think the govt should reach out to their expats first, as most will have the interest of the country, at least I hope so.

Norm 2020-09-27 20:55:44 

In reply to steveo

I hope the government, especially officials lower down the order, gives due consideration to all opinions offered - regardless of source. There are ideas that are intended to serve those offering them, and there are ideas that are intended to benefit all.