The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Message to Black: Watch your Brains.

Casper 2020-09-27 05:41:16 

Texas officials have warned residents of some communities near Houston to stop using tap water because it might be tainted with a deadly brain-eating microbe.

Naegleria fowleri is a microscopic amoeba commonly found in warm freshwater and soil, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It usually infects people when contaminated water enters the body through the nose, from where it travels to the brain and can cause a rare and debilitating disease called primary amebic meningoencephalitis.

The infection is usually fatal and typically occurs when people go swimming or diving in warm freshwater places such as lakes and rivers. In very rare instances, Naegleria infections may also occur when contaminated water from other sources, such as inadequately chlorinated swimming pool water or heated and contaminated tap water, enters the nose.

Ayenmol 2020-09-27 05:45:53 

The ting would starve to death if faced with making a meal of whatever that dude has up there.

Halliwell 2020-09-27 11:08:34 

In reply to Ayenmol

So the bullied becomes the bully.
Not nice dude, not nice. rolleyes

Casper 2020-09-27 11:42:49 

In reply to Ayenmol

You just don’t give Black a break. He soon come fuh yuh.

black 2020-09-27 12:13:15 

In reply to Casper

I don't live in Houston my stepson lives there.

black 2020-09-27 12:18:12 

In reply to Ayenmol

The ting would starve to death if faced with making a meal of whatever that dude has up there

Most people would starve to death before setting foot in Kingdom Hall.

They don't call alyuh Jehovah Wickedness for nothing. lol

Ayenmol 2020-09-27 12:48:09 

In reply to Halliwell

It's a joke man...come on....funny that now you want to point out bullying though.

Ayenmol 2020-09-27 12:49:33 

In reply to black

They don't call alyuh Jehovah Wickedness for nothing.

Yes. Yea they do. Name me one wicked thing Witnesses have done to you, to a group of people or to the World.

black 2020-09-27 12:53:26 

In reply to Ayenmol

Yes. Yea they do. Name me one wicked thing a Witness has done to you

Knocking on my door after seeing the "no soliciting" sign.

Ayenmol 2020-09-27 13:00:40 

In reply to black

Lol...that says it all....how in your opinion are we solicitors?

black 2020-09-27 13:05:15 

In reply to Ayenmol

If it's unwanted, it's solicitation.

Curtis 2020-09-27 13:05:20 

In reply to Ayenmol

I have a JW visitor mostly on Saturday, a Guyanese guy, and most times we chat about WI cricket - how much Gayle, Chanderpaul, Hetmeyer etc make, and stuff like that. When we done, he leaves a couple Watchtowers and we call it George.

Now, the odd time, he shows up with his supervisor, usually some middle aged white dude with a briefcase.

When the supervisor around, the talk is not cricket. He ask stuff like "if Adam and Eve had Cain and Abel, how come there are so many people in the world, and of different colors?".

Anyway, to cut a long story short, in 2010 I went to GT for 2020 World Cup, and during a rain break, I was sheltering in the bar area of Providence Stadium.

Who I see but Mr JW, beer in hand and all, liming with a relative of his. He sees me and is now a regular guy, asks me if I want a beer or drink. lol lol lol lol

black 2020-09-27 13:10:58 

In reply to Curtis

Who I see but Mr JW, beer in hand and all, liming with a relative of his. He sees me and is now a regular guy, asks me if I want a beer or drink

lol lol lol lol lol lol

Ayenmol 2020-09-27 13:12:37 

In reply to Curtis

Yeah .... we drink. And no...we have no boss or supervisor.

Whatever time he spends with you he has chosen to volunteer.

But the reason we visit people is to help them understand how Jehovah and the Bible affects their life...not discuss entertainment.

So when he has someone with him who's volunteering their time, he sticks to the subject.

Ayenmol 2020-09-27 13:18:14 

He sees me and is now a regular guy, 

We are all regular people....we are not saints...we are not robots....we are simply people who put God first in our life and share with others how they can be happy as servants of God.

Ayenmol 2020-09-27 13:28:07 

Last year at our international Convention, we went to dinner as a small group....naturally most of the restaurants were teeming with Witnesses in the evening.

We ended up grouping up at a large table with a family from Germany.

We shared a laugh that their 16 yr old could not order a drink in the US while he does in Germany...

We put the laws from the Bible first then human laws.

Jesus first miracle was turning water to wine at an appropriate event.

So not only did he buy everyone a drink....he literally stocked the Bar.

Learn what the Bible teaches....not get caught up in the pious requirements of those attempting to exalt themselves.

Then you can make an informed decision of who are true Christians.

Ayenmol 2020-09-27 13:33:44 

In reply to black

If it's unwanted, it's solicitation.

Is that what Texas or even the municipality law states?

Never mind the Contitution of the United States?

Show me in fact any definition of soliciting that incorporates that sratement.

black 2020-09-27 13:46:22 

In reply to Ayenmol

so·lic·i·ta·tion

noun

the act of asking for or trying to obtain something from someone.

"he was a regular target for solicitation of funds"

the act of accosting someone and offering one's or someone else's services as a prostitute

Which one applies to you?

lol

sudden 2020-09-27 13:46:26 

In reply to Ayenmol

big grin big grin big grin

even Black took that in the spirit it was meant. fellas too serious

Ayenmol 2020-09-27 13:55:05 

In reply to black

Neither. When has a Witness asked you for charity?
Or donation?

Also...what does your municipality law state on soliciting...?

We have a Constitutional right in these United States of America to go from House to House and there is NO Law anywhere that prevents that....Solicitation post or not...if we could be sued we would already have been.

black 2020-09-27 14:43:52 

In reply to Ayenmol

Neither. When has a Witness asked you for charity? 
Or donation?

Solicitation is not only monetary, you are asking someone to join you in serving the Lord. So yes, it would fall under that definition.

We have a Constitutional right in these United States of America to go from House to House and there is NO Law anywhere that prevents that....Solicitation post or not...if we could be sued we would already have been

Have you heard of something called "individual rights?"

If I don't want you on my property, stay the fcuk off.

Casper 2020-09-27 15:56:43 

In reply to Curtis

I have a JW visitor mostly on Saturday, a Guyanese guy, and most times we chat about WI cricket - how much Gayle, Chanderpaul, Hetmeyer etc make, and stuff like that. When we done, he leaves a couple Watchtowers and we call it George.

I have an old Englishman from the Midlands who comes to my door on a Saturday, and we have some interesting conversations. He starts by asking me something in the bible which he wants to draw to my attention and, I guess, he tries to figure out how knowledgeable I am about the Bible.

He knows and remembers the names of my family members; inquires as to how they doing. He bring around others of his sect to introduce them to me. We talk, he leaves his Watchtower and we say goodbye, until the next fortnight he comes by.

Come to think of it, I have not seen him since the start of the pandemic. I pray and hope he’s doing well. A lovely guy, he is. No pressure, no annoyance.

Ayenmol 2020-09-27 16:02:23 

In reply to Casper

Come to think of it, I have not seen him since the start of the pandemic

Jehovah's Witnesses respect the law...particularly when it has a bearing on Life, Health and Safety.

We do not see wisdom on visiting people during a pandemic....for their Health and ours.

That is another way we show love and respect for others.

VIX 2020-09-27 16:19:19 

In reply to Prowi

this explains a lot!

Casper 2020-09-27 16:48:58 

In reply to VIX

ProWI lives rent-free in your head like Obama in Trump’s.

I hope he turns up the heat in Summer, the AC in Winter and buss up your pipes. You deserve it for being such a neurotic bug. lol lol lol

Norm 2020-09-27 20:51:47 

In reply to Ayenmol

The ting would starve to death if faced with making a meal of whatever that dude has up there.

No disrespect to my buddy Black, but this was very funny!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha!

Nice, entertaining thread!

Ayenmol 2020-09-27 21:23:59 

In reply to black

you are asking someone to join you in serving the Lord. So yes, it would fall under that definition

That is not incorporated in the lawful description of solicitation....and no we are not asking people to join us in anything....we teach people....they choose what to do with that info....and again, this is protected under US Law.

Norm 2020-09-27 21:32:10 

In reply to Ayenmol

we teach people

Bro, some people head hard. Why waste time with them? smile

Ayenmol 2020-09-27 21:57:09 

In reply to Norm

We don't waste time with hard heads....

Act 15:48
We can't read hearts...we present the truth....as Jesus said...some fall on fine soil, some on rocky soil some get eaten by birds

Jehovah is the one who makes it grow.

black 2020-09-27 23:23:44 

In reply to Ayenmol

Definition of solicit

transitive verb

1a: to make petition to : ENTREAT

b: to approach with a request or pleasolicited Congress for funding

2: to urge (something, such as one's cause) strongly

3a: to entice or lure especially into evil

b: to proposition (someone) especially as or in the character of a prostitute

4: to try to obtain by usually urgent requests or pleas

Here are the definitions again.

Ayenmol 2020-09-28 00:02:17 

In reply to black

Dude...solicit as a matter of law, has a narrow meaning....Jeeeesh.

It's not whatever you want it to be.

What you are defining is not what the law defines.

Ayenmol 2020-09-28 00:19:33 

Here

black 2020-09-28 01:49:20 

In reply to Ayenmol

Dude, do you recall me and you having a debate on the subject of solicitation of prostitution?

In the case of prostitution, money is exchanged, which makes it a crime. Just because money is not exchanged by JWs knocking on doors and it is not a crime, doesn't mean that it is not solicitation

Just because is not a crime doesn't mean that it is not solicitation.

bravos 2020-09-28 02:10:25 

Why are religious people afraid to gather and are contracting covid during the pandemic?

Where's the faith ? Surely faith is stronger .

When is your god actually going to fix anything in a tangible way ?

Should we consult a burning bush for answers ?

Are religious organizations holding on to these lies solely to maintain the gravy train and the economies that they have created ?

When would these lies be acknowledged as such ?

black 2020-09-28 02:13:39 

In reply to Ayenmol

We put the laws from the Bible first then human laws

I can guarantee that you are picking and choosing on that statement.