Haitians in Guyana

Cardiac 2020-11-24 00:10:47 

What is going on?

Chrissy 2020-11-24 00:38:39 

In reply to Cardiac

What's the problem - Guyana is empty.

steveo 2020-11-24 01:03:45 

In reply to Cardiac

Let them in but do like the first world, take the educated and skilled. Cuba is brimming with such people and they are helping shore up the Guyanese health sector, my son recently underwent surgery performed by some wonderful Cubans.

Jeremy 2020-11-24 01:08:37 

In reply to Chrissy

country is empty but pnc still wanted to send back all them indians businessmen from india.

pnc supporters like yourself still wanted to sent back them indians to india.

why other caribbean countries don't want them haitians. why only guyana must take them.

Jeremy 2020-11-24 01:11:24 

In reply to steveo

more and more young women in guyana are dying while giving birth because of them useless unqualified cubans nurses in guyana.

Everytime i read the guyana news some young women died while giving birth and the cubans are to blame.

The cubans nurses don't even understand english and from what i am hearing they don't take their job seriously.

Cardiac 2020-11-24 03:49:19 

In reply to Jeremy

Cuban nurses in Guyana? That's news to me.

Norm 2020-11-24 04:29:18 

In reply to Jeremy

Come on, Jeremy. What does this have to do with PNC/PPP matters?

Guyana should be happy to assist anyone and everyone from CARICOM, and even further afield. In Guyana's most miserable days, when everyone was fleeing the country or traveling as "hucksters", people everywhere let us into their country, and gave us some relief from our self-made misery.

So, we should treat the Haitians fairly, as they are entitled to, at the very least. Let them stay in Guyana too, if they want to.

dayne 2020-11-24 12:08:41 

A confusing story, Guyana should fix their immigration system. The country needs some immigrants to move the country forward as immigrants usually brings energy into most societies.

StumpCam 2020-11-24 12:17:18 

In reply to steveo

Let them in but do like the first world, take the educated and skilled.

Who is going to plant the sugarcane and farm the land when all the Indians get rich? razz

steveo 2020-11-24 13:05:56 

In reply to StumpCam

Who is going to plant the sugarcane and farm the land when all the Indians get rich?

mo indians, if we gonna stack the deck, lets do it evenly lol lol

Jumpstart 2020-11-24 13:12:20 

In reply to steveo

really.....well then that meas that TTO need to send back 3/4 of our immigrant population(except bajans) because most of them aint skilled.....have some compassion

Jumpstart 2020-11-24 13:14:17 

In reply to Jeremy

Cubans......unqualified......hahahahahahaha

Drapsey 2020-11-24 13:20:48 

In reply to Jeremy

Good to see you, Jeremy.

I thought you were so busy in your new position with the Ali Administration, that you didn't have time to interact with us underlings.

Again, good to see you man.

sudden 2020-11-24 13:28:53 

Guyana needs and will get about 10-20k bajans. things will get rough in Bim soon.

Jumpstart 2020-11-24 13:37:06 

In reply to sudden

Hoss barbados has one of the most educated populaces in the caribbean, or par with Trinidad. If they're coming, they are not coming without skills. They're coming to be managers, engineers, geologists etc.....kinda like the Trinidadians coming over......reason being is those skills are not found in adequate amounts in guyana

Runs 2020-11-24 15:43:29 

James Bond just got arrested for selling state lands lol

steveo 2020-11-24 15:52:59 

In reply to Runs

You see that shite bai??

Them man lease the land to 2 guyanese, while twisting the lease document so that they can transfer...

Then the two lessees lease to a Chinese for 1USD, then got paid under the radar 500000USD also from the Chinese and split that with bond

The thing that pisses me off is that me and most of those guys went to school together and they left me out of the deal lol lol lol

Chrissy 2020-11-24 15:54:00 

In reply to Jeremy

Cuba has the best health care system in this hemisphere. That is not even debatable.
Now KYS.

Chrissy 2020-11-24 15:55:19 

In reply to sudden

My paternal grandmother went to Berbice from Barbados. They are the ones who thrived and pushed education for both Afro and Indo Guyanese.

StumpCam 2020-11-24 16:13:06 

In reply to steveo

mo indians, if we gonna stack the deck, lets do it evenly

Remember the order of arrival! You have to wait another 200 years or so for your turn!!! lol lol

Cheeks 2020-11-24 18:44:19 

I live in a country where Haitian immigrants actually outnumber the nationals. I'm willing to bet that this place has the highest diversity per capita in the world. smile

Like all people of the world..there are those who are critical to the advancement of the society and some who just f*ck it up. The illegal immigration is a problem...but never an excuse to treat people like animals. That said...I haven't actually read the link yet. big grin Will get to it later.

I've made some really great Haitian acquaintances and friends and other peeps from every corner of the globe since I moved here. Immigration done right is a blessing to most societies.

Jeremy 2020-11-24 19:10:03 

In reply to Chrissy

Chrissy11/24/20, 10:54:00 AM
In reply to Jeremy

Cuba has the best health care system in this hemisphere. That is not even debatable.
Now KYS.Chrissy11/24/20, 10:54:00 AM
In reply to Jeremy

Now KYS.

“They deh laughing as I am in pain trying to push out my second baby. And a Cuban doctor had her phone and she was videoing me, I don’t know why. The baby came out and fall into the bedpan,” Eshwar cried.Link Text

Jumpstart 2020-11-24 19:17:20 

In reply to Jeremy

"allegedly"? yuh know de meaning of dat word?

Jeremy 2020-11-24 19:22:37 

Link TextIn reply to Chrissy

here is another case where a cuban is to blame, there are many other cases where english is a barrier and young women lose their life and baby life because of cubans neglegence.

The baby’s father Lindon Benn, of Williamsburg, Corentyne, is alleging that the consultant, a Cuban national, failed to respond urgently to the telephone call made by an intern on duty at the Maternity Ward just after 14:00 hrs.

Jeremy 2020-11-24 19:26:29 

There are more cases of cuban negligence in guyana but i don't have time now to look for them.

DukeStreet 2020-11-24 19:33:05 

In reply to Jeremy

country is empty but pnc still wanted to send back all them indians businessmen from india.

pnc supporters like yourself still wanted to sent back them indians to india.

why other caribbean countries don't want them haitians. why only guyana must take them.

Other countries have taken in Haitians with no issues. What da skunt you talking bout? I'm sick and tired of these regional counties treating Haitians badly. From DR, to Barbados to the Bahamas, all I keep hearing are horror stories of the treatment of these peoples. All they want is fair treatment and a better life. Guyana should be welcoming them with open arms and stop with the partial treatment.

Jeremy 2020-11-24 20:01:42 

In reply to DukeStreet

A dominican republic taxi driver told me that the haitians are lazy people.

guyana needs to bring more businessmen from india if they need people.

Jeremy 2020-11-24 20:03:06 

In reply to Drapsey

yeah man i been busy. Ali giving me too much wuk to do.

Cheeks 2020-11-24 20:48:51 

In reply to Jeremy

BULL!!

Lots of Dominican Republic folk have the same affliction that you have.
Figure it out and shift your perspective.

Jumpstart 2020-11-24 21:16:38 

In reply to Jeremy

You know the meaning of the word accused? Nothing has been proven here

DukeStreet 2020-11-24 23:16:06 

In reply to Jeremy

And if you really believe that then you are dumber than I thought.

razz

Jeremy 2020-11-25 00:27:02 

In reply to DukeStreet

well people from the dominican republic do have experience with haitians.

dayne 2020-11-25 00:50:18 

In reply to Jeremy

If you ever visit the DR you will see that the Haitians do mostly manual labour there, they are the ones that work on the construction sites

Chrissy 2020-11-25 00:52:21 

In reply to dayne

May be the hardest working people in the Caribbean

Priapus 2020-11-25 01:03:41 

In reply to Jeremy

guyana needs to bring more businessmen from india if they need people.

No language barrier a la the Cubans?

Jeremy 2020-11-25 01:26:20 

In reply to Priapus

Almost every indians from india speak english.

English is now a second language learn in india school system.

Curtis 2020-11-25 01:28:49 

We need more Portuguese.

Jeremy 2020-11-25 01:37:40 

In reply to Curtis

yeah we need more portuguese women from brazil to nice up the place.

brazilian women are exotic and pretty.

imusic 2020-11-25 06:58:26 

In reply to Jeremy

How ironic for Guyanese to refuse anybody from anywhere

Chrissy 2020-11-25 12:22:11 

In reply to DukeStreet

Jeremy is an avowed racist Indian - what about that do you not understand

Jumpstart 2020-11-25 12:27:05 

In reply to imusic

The irony indeed lol lol lol lol
Doh judge all guyanese by jeremy,s standards though. Some of my favorite caribbean people are guyanese and my first crush was a tall Portuguese guyanese woman with long jet black hair . Besides, ken corsbie and michael gilkes' contribution to caribbean culture has been immense

Emir 2020-11-25 13:38:11 

In reply to imusic

How ironic for Guyanese to refuse anybody from anywhere

I hope you are not surprise: I have observed that many "Indo" Guyanese who immigrated to other West Indian Islands and other parts of the world, such as Antigua and the USA, have not only carried their anti black racism with them, but made sure to teach it to their children as a matter of religious vigor.

Witness first and second generation born children of "Indo" Guyanese parents who knows nothing about West Indian and Guyanese history and who haven' even visited Guyana, harbor racist anti black venom.

Where are they learning this from? And for how long will these "Indo" Guyanese who were given new home and freedom in their new countries, many with black majority population, continue the Burnham wagon victimhood with their anti-black hatred?

DukeStreet 2020-11-25 14:28:07 

In reply to Jeremy

I have many Haitian friends and colleagues. I constantly hear horror stories of the treatment meted out to Haitian people in DR. Ask any DR person you run into why the Haitians are treated this way in DR and they will hang their heads in shame and tell you.

Educate yourself and get your head out of your ass that's been stuck there for so long. You want people to take you seriously, don't you?

lol

Cardiac 2020-11-26 14:07:55 

Dominicans historically are not fans of the Haitians so take what they say with a grain of salt. My experience being there, the Dominicans were friendly helpful and always willing to get us deals.
When we finally met Haitians, they too were friendly, helpful and laughed at me he 'deals' we were getting and then showed us how to not get conned, lol.

Cardiac 2020-11-26 14:15:46 

Cuban healthcare system being the best in this region is indeed debatable. While they do have great skill set and have good training, they suffer from lack of access to newer tech, finances and modern safety practices that makes some of their approaches to medicine (1) Cavalier, (2) Unhygienic.

Eg: In the Cardiac Labs I've worked in, you do an Angiogram/Angioplasty and the dispose of coronary wires after procedure.
In Cuba, these wires are resterilized and depending on viability of the wire, reused as many as 20 times. This is due to lack of access to these materials so as a poor country that's their way of maintaining inventory.

The language barrier is an issue too, but that could happen with anyone working in a country where the language is different.