The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Gabriel is not fit

openning 2020-12-03 05:59:22 

He should be thank and put out to pasture.

Barry 2020-12-03 12:23:08 

In reply to openning

You are a fitness expert? You does lick sweat? big grin

camos 2020-12-03 14:54:17 

In reply to openning Angel has too much weight, the guy is not an elite athlete.At the top level you have to be prepared to do a lot more than the competition just to get an edge!

anthonyp 2020-12-03 15:04:15 

In reply to openning

Any other bowler in the world does need to come off the field and take a rest after every 4 overs spell?

Doubt any other bowler in world cricket takes so long to bowl an over.. don't see the Trinis calling him out for his fitness, but most of them got a lot to say about Cornwall.

Barry 2020-12-03 16:17:36 

In reply to anthonyp
Cornwall is a fat arse.

cool

dayne 2020-12-03 16:26:10 

Gabriel puts a lot of stress on his body when he bowls, I do not think it has anything to do with his fitness, it's more about his bowling action, however he does give the team big effort and looked like the bowler most likely to take wickets yesterday.

openning 2020-12-03 16:48:14 

In reply to dayne

You surely did not see him running after balls yesterday, plus he has more no-balls than any other test bowler.
Six so far in this match.
I mad my assessment from him being about 30 yards ahead of Bravo, both chasing the ball, Bravo beat him to it, Gabriel looked winded Bravo look like he could run all day.

Norm 2020-12-03 17:12:00 

In reply to openning

Man, if Gabriel has to bowl out the opposition all by himself, of course he will be likely to have fitness problems. Same goes for Roach too. Most of the hard work of prying out opposition batsmen almost always falls on these two. Just look at the current scoreboard and see who has taken the two wickets to have fallen.

And, guess who gets injured the most among the WI bowlers? Gabriel and Roach.

We need to select a bowling lineup that will allow us to use these guys within their physical capabilities. Find young bowlers to help them. Alzari is a good addition. We need another decent full time bowler. If we don't have one, we need to "grow" one.

Jason is all-rounder and cappo, and effectively a part-time bowler. Same goes for Chase.

Plenty of young fast bowlers knocking. Give them a fair chance and let them develop. Don't have them in and out the team, because the batting weak. That way, we could keep Gabriel and Roach going for as long as possible.

Maispwi 2020-12-03 17:39:34 

In reply to Norm

No wonder WI cyah tek wickets cause dere part time bowling allrounder is ranked way higher dan all de other bowlers in de team

openning 2020-12-03 17:54:05 

In reply to Norm
I listened to Wes Hall last Sunday, and he said with a team having four bowlers that bowl in the nineties, it is hard to beat that team.
Curly Ambrose on Tuesday evening, lower it to two bowlers in the nineties.
International teams has at lease one bowler, who can consistently get up to ninety, I am not sure who in the region can consistently bowl with that kind of pace.

Barry 2020-12-03 18:16:25 

Same goes for Roach too. Most of the hard work of prying out opposition batsmen almost always falls on these two. Just look at the current scoreboard and see who has taken the two wickets to have fallen.

And, guess who gets injured the most among the WI bowlers? Gabriel and Roach.

True words that
confused