The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

How good are our bowling coaches

methodic 2020-12-03 08:18:10 

I mean, every other team regularly puts out a wicket taking bowler. Our prospects take five years before they can take international wickets.

velo 2020-12-03 09:54:45 

i said it all these fancy coaching certificates and teaching methods that these coaches imploying from england are diluting the wi way of cricket.we never needed these years ago we are bowling like englishman of the past nasser hussein said on the last english tour

Lamb 2020-12-03 10:04:39 

In reply to velo

+1
Doing the same thing with same people for years and expecting different (favourable) results.

The law of success does not work this way.

Rohan Babulal Kanhai...oh how I can't stop mentioning your good name.

methodic 2020-12-03 10:29:00 

In reply to velo

I heard a previous West Indies captain planning how to bowl his 90 overs. I kept thinking shouldn't we be planning how to get them out instead.

Courtesy 2020-12-03 11:59:26 

No offence meant but a better question should be: should international coaches be teaching big ass seasoned professionals the basics of bowling?

Methinks the art of bowling should be developed long before a player reaches the international stage.

Most current West Indian cricketers are ill-skilled and therefore not up to par to negotiate the rigors of international cricket.

In short, we have not been preparing our cricketers adequately for international duty during their formative years. Our cricketing system is not constructed to produce international cricketers of any pedigree. And this duty is not the role of the international coach.

Emir 2020-12-03 12:18:20 

In reply to methodic

I don't know you can blame the coach.

This is a 4 some with lots of experience and it is inexcusable that each of them would have gotten it so wrong.

Jason was the most disappointing, as his discipline is something we have been able to count on, and Bish believes white ball cricket meant he is yet to make that adjustment.

Gabriel has no such excuse.

In a pitch like this, they should not have made more than 200.

Bowlers aside, the fielding was atrocious and yet again Dowrich dropped catch was stunning, the ball following that could have been to a new batter.

And again, how did Dowrich miss that edge of Latham?

methodic 2020-12-03 16:25:28 

In reply to Courtesy

No offence meant but a better question should be: should international coaches be teaching big ass seasoned professionals the basics of bowling?

Across the world in all sports coaches transition talent into top performances. The problem is with the top level coaching of the senior players. Joseph was the best bowler in the u19 world cup. Archer learned to bowl right in Barbados before he went to England as a young man. The very same players we have here will perform well for other countries.