The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Life After Death

Casper 2021-03-03 06:13:02 

Deepak Chopra has touched millions of readers by demystifying our deepest spiritual concerns while retaining their poetry and wonder. Now he turns to the most profound mystery: What happens after we die?

Is this one question we were not meant to answer, a riddle whose solution the universe keeps to itself? Chopra tells us there is abundant evidence that “the world beyond” is not separated from this world by an impassable wall; in fact, a single reality embraces all worlds, all times and places. At the end of our lives we “cross over” into a new phase of the same soul journey we are on right this minute.

In Life After Death, Chopra draws on cutting-edge scientific discoveries and the great wisdom traditions to provide a map of the afterlife. It’s a fascinating journey into many levels of consciousness. But far more important is his urgent message: Who you meet in the afterlife and what you experience there reflect your present beliefs, expectations, and level of awareness. In the here and now you can shape what happens after you die. By bringing the afterlife into the present moment, Life After Death opens up an immense new area of creativity. Ultimately there is no division between life and death - there is only one continuous creative project. Chopra invites us to become cocreators in this subtle realm, and as we come to understand the one reality, we shed our irrational fears and step into a numinous sense of wonder and personal power.

Headley 2021-03-03 14:16:35 

In reply to Casper

Only one reliable witness if the stories are to be believed, has reported back to earth after a confirmed death. Grateful for any other confirmed report. big grin

TEMPER 2021-03-03 15:29:36 

In reply to Casper

I do believe there is a spiritual consciousness beyond physical existence.

Chrissy 2021-03-03 17:00:54 

Allyuh need to explain di science related to how a body rotting in a grave flies up into di universe and finds milk and honey and a whole pile of virgins according to some other lunatics.

Dem tings mek di Q people look sane.

JayMor 2021-03-03 17:08:40 

In reply to Chrissy

HeHeHe! The way you present some simple truths, Chrissy. OMG. lol lol lol

--Æ.

black 2021-03-03 17:32:18 

In reply to Chrissy

Leff dem crazy people nuh lol

steveo 2021-03-03 17:44:54 

In reply to Casper

National Geographic did a surprising piece on this with Morgan Freeman

steveo 2021-03-03 17:45:59 

In reply to Chrissy

Allyuh need to explain di science related to how a body rotting in a grave flies up into di universe and finds milk and honey and a whole pile of virgins according to some other lunatics.

Dem tings mek di Q people look sane.

Science is not known until it is discovered.

nick2020 2021-03-03 19:29:48 

In reply to Chrissy

Science doesn't explain everything.
Why should de Obeah Man?

Chrissy 2021-03-03 19:39:52 

In reply to JayMor

Nuff practice bredda - my mother was an obsessed Catholic and we had an ongoing debate for decades. lol lol lol

Chrissy 2021-03-03 19:40:35 

In reply to nick2020

He's just another one of di guzzum peeps to me - they are all the same.

Ayenmol 2021-03-03 20:05:04 

So one can understand how something that never was can come to be....but can't fathom how that thing that is, but is taken away can come to be again?

That is farfetched?

TEMPER 2021-03-03 21:48:03 

TEMPER 2021-03-03 21:52:22 

In reply to Chrissy

Either yuh believe or not...but you shouldnt make fun of those who do.

Drapsey 2021-03-03 22:00:40 

In reply to TEMPER

Either yuh believe or not...but you shouldnt make fun of those who do.

Neither should she make fun of QAnon believers. But you know Chrissy, she's always ready to ridicule.

DukeStreet 2021-03-03 22:36:11 

In reply to Chrissy

Do you believe there is "life" after death? Do you believe somehow one's essence lives on somewhere, whether it's here on this physical plane or somewhere else?

TEMPER 2021-03-03 22:43:56 

In reply to DukeStreet

There are so many unanswered questions about human origins..the universe. ghosts.. etc...we simply dont know fcuk...there may be a spiritual realm and a reality beyond the 5 senses therefore we cant dismiss anything.Be respectful of others who have different viewpoints about spiritual matters

DukeStreet 2021-03-03 22:55:05 

In reply to TEMPER

I hear u. I'm waiting on Chrissy to see what her viewpoints are. I know she believes in the "ancestors" and whatnot but as it pertains to the metaphysical universe, she should be able to explain her views cuz i'm trying to understand her full position.

Dukes 2021-03-04 00:09:20 

LOUD STEWPS

I see somebody post bout Life after death and I seh good dem gat some video of Biggie.

BIG CHOON

birdseye 2021-03-04 00:51:32 

In reply to Casper

Why and how do spirits communicate with the living? Is there a heaven? Ultimately, Erik’s story provides the answers that will help readers find solace and remove the fears surrounding death, showing that love has no boundaries and life does not truly end

So an aftsrlife in hell with the devil tormenting you was just an imaginary satanic fantasy? Damn! Let me go shake a Martini with olives to celebrate my reprieve.

big grin

Chrissy 2021-03-04 02:38:39 

In reply to DukeStreet
Our ancestors live on through our memories or dreams which are linked to said memories.
I do not belief in any notion of life after death

steveo 2021-03-04 12:12:47 

In reply to Chrissy

Our ancestors live on through our memories or dreams which are linked to said memories.
I do not belief in any notion of life after death

You dont have to believe it... how about this basic notion, all you are materially made of has been present since "creation" and will continue to exist after you change your state (death). In that perspective, you are immortal, being a continuing transformation of matter and energy.

Anyway, I think you are taking the academic stance just for the sake of looking more academic.

Chrissy 2021-03-04 14:16:42 

In reply to steveo
I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about my beliefs. I simply don't believe in life after death and every god on the planet is man made..
I celebrate all my ancestors but they are dead and I will follow them.
Everyone can believe what they want starting with the tooth fairy and Santa Claus.
-

black 2021-03-04 14:22:25 

In reply to Chrissy

Santa is real. lol

vsingh 2021-03-04 14:53:17 

"We Do Not Inherit the Earth from Our Ancestors; We Borrow It from Our Children"

If only we can comprehend.

steveo 2021-03-04 15:56:34 

In reply to Chrissy

I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about my beliefs. I simply don't believe in life after death and every god on the planet is man made..
I celebrate all my ancestors but they are dead and I will follow them.
Everyone can believe what they want starting with the tooth fairy and Santa Claus.

This is a topic that is convoluted and we are talking about religion and virgins and santa claus and what not.

It is one of those topics that those that want to seem intelligent quickly jump on to claim the marks of intellectual toughness and strict rationality.

Men of the intellectual capacity of Dr Carl Yung believed in some sort of life after death so who am I to argue with him.

Chrissy 2021-03-04 17:24:46 

In reply to steveo

Yuh mean Carl Jung - right?
I read most of it.

Casper 2021-03-04 17:30:47 

In reply to vsingh

"We Do Not Inherit the Earth from Our Ancestors; We Borrow It from Our Children"

That saying and it’s derivatives has been ascribed to a million and one people and no one knows for certain the origin, except that it sounds good to quote.

steveo 2021-03-04 19:18:28 

In reply to Chrissy

opps, yes Carl Jung

The Bible says

"And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,"

Please repent and give your life to Jesus before it is eternally too late!!!