The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

A case for Christ

black 2021-03-06 14:17:20 

Very interesting read, based on the movie

Emir 2021-03-06 14:26:20 

This cannot be a topic of debate, those who seek to do so for money or to prove Christians have a crazy belief do more harm to society than good.

That Jesus Christ is the "lord and savior" who died for our sins and that GOD raised Jesus following his crucifixion must not be disparaged anymore whether in movies, in back room talk or to dig up dirt.

black 2021-03-06 14:34:40 

In reply to Emir

This cannot be a topic of debate, those who seek to do so for money or to prove Christians have a crazy belief do more harm to society than good

Says who?

That Jesus Christ is the "lord and savior" who died for our sins and that GOD raised Jesus following his crucifixion must not be disparaged anymore whether in movies, in back room talk or to dig up dirt

1. You are not a Christian, so don't pretend to care.

2. Is it disparaging to use your brain and have questions about something that was spoon fed to you?

Halliwell 2021-03-06 14:57:02 

Extrapolating from your point 1 above, does it mean compassion, empathy, sympathy, basic decency doesn’t exist and one can only speak from experience?

black 2021-03-06 15:17:42 

In reply to Halliwell

does it mean compassion, empathy, sympathy, basic decency doesn’t exist and one can only speak from experience?

Not at all, but this is coming from a guy who doesn't waste time to post disparaging things about Hindus.

Emir 2021-03-06 15:32:10 

In reply to Halliwell

does it mean compassion, empathy, sympathy, basic decency doesn’t exist and one can only speak from experience?

The lead poster cannot comprehend these things, it is beyond him or her.

He/she peddles in hate, so showing respect and tolerance to religious belief of others is beyond him /her.

Just look at his/her comments toward my post. If he/she was sincere, he/she would have asked me to share why I said what I said, but instead she accuses me of "pretending to care" supposedly b/c I am "not Christian."

He/se might be heading to another ban.

He she makes accusations, but ask her to show where I made negative comments about the religion of Hinduism. He won't find any because there are none.

You see she confuses criticism of Modi or of the Brahmanism school as criticism of Hinduism, shows how little he knows about Hinduism or religon.

If he continues to spew hate, I tell you a ban will soon come again, hopefully he won't jump from a building when that happens.

black 2021-03-06 15:36:02 

In reply to Emir

Dude, go somewhere and sit down or take a nap.

Did you post the link to your thread, yet? lol

Ewart 2021-03-06 16:08:10 

Easter must be coming up shortly. Almost every year at this time, we get stories like this one.

//

WI_cricfan 2021-03-06 16:30:45 

Why must a case be made for Christ?

bravos 2021-03-06 18:29:04 

In reply to WI_cricfan

So because you believe something dearly you think it's the ultimate truth ? Your belief and faith has nothing to do with facts,christianity is the religion of your slave master and your oppressor...and all religions and their gods are man made.

They have given us the bible and taken the land and its resources.

All things must be questioned if we are to really progress as a species,the longer we are directed by vengeance,jealousy,blood,
tribal father and son enterprise structure with bloodshed and genocide as options in defence of one man made god or the other, the longer we remain limited as a species.

A new method of teaching is required for us to really reach our full potential as a species,no daddy is looking over you or care about your mammal affairs,and certainly isnt of your likeness,you really think any primate being is capable of creating all this?

It's all man ego and false entitlement.

Um tee lay lay...

black 2021-03-06 19:00:58 

In reply to bravos

All things must be questioned if we are to really progress as a species,the longer we are directed by
vengeance,jealousy,blood,tribal father and son enterprise structure with bloodshed and genocide as options in defence of one man made god or the other, the longer we remain limited as a species

The evidence is just not there to corroborate the claims of the Bible. This has got to be the most elaborate hoax in the history of mankind. The so called resurrection was witnessed by friends and family of Jesus who only had ulterior motives to their claims.

It amazes me how people ignore the contradictions in the Bible and latch on to the parts they want to believe.

Ayenmol 2021-03-06 19:10:18 

Can you list one thing....just one thing that has been passed down in history, that were not passed down by those who witnessed it?

So powerful was the facts and belief at the time, that the entire Roman World Ruler adopted it to ensure they are not left behind.

Why would Rome adopt Christianity if it were such a hoax?

Why would a World Power adopt so fully a falsehood when information was brought to it directly and it had the greatest access to such?

vsingh 2021-03-06 19:21:18 

The Meek shall Inherit the Earth...

Oh wait lemme fix that

The rich shall Inherit the Earth and the wicked shall get it's rewards.

Unless the rich and wicked are the blessed ones and the poor suck salt.

Ayenmol 2021-03-06 19:21:45 

Just so some of you....particularly the individual who is stating that the people who claimed Jesus was resurrected had something to gain, these very people did not understand or believe Jesus when he told them he would die and be resurrected.

After his many miracles showed he was indeed a prophet they thought he would emancipate them from Roman rule....in fact they were all ecpecting Jesus to become King.

That is why some tried to make him King, literally!

Do you believe Martin Luther King was assassinated? Why?

Then imagine the same for Jesus, except, that instead of celebrating a day for him, America built it!s entire constitution and Nationality around him and his beliefs.

Ayenmol 2021-03-06 19:42:31 

The people/person who is here stating that he does not believe in Christ has no idea what Christ represented.

He is like those White folks who disrespect Martin Luther King and the role he played in the Civil Rights movement.

Martin Luther King took his cues from the very Man they are claiming never existed.

Jesus was put to death by people who refused to believe in him, but were upset that his works were so powerful that the people they were leading were losing faith in them and gaining faith in him...that alone proves how influential he was.

Then even his followers lost faith and went away back to their normal lives.....till he reappeared to them after his ressurection and helped them inderstand what he did and what was now happening...
..so powerful was their belief then, that whereas they ran away when Jesus was seized , for fear....once they saw that he was indeed raised by his Father, they themselves were willing to, and did die for that truth....this is why they began to grow....because they had no doubt what happened.

To the point that the entire Nation of Rome could not deny it and found a way to adopt it into their Culture and Religion.

Those who do not respect that are simply ignorant and are making things up without true understanding of how the faith of these early believers changed the World.

B16JP587S 2021-03-06 19:50:41 

But where in the Old Testament does it show that Jesus will be/is the messiah?

Nowhere.

God in the OT said he will send a messiah and he told the people how they would recognize the messiah.

Did the coming of Jesus fulfilled the signs that God gave the Jews?

No!

black 2021-03-06 20:14:32 

In reply to Ayenmol

Can you list one thing....just one thing that has been passed down in history, that were not passed down by those who witnessed it?

It depends on who is doing the passing down.

Can you imagine the lies that would have made it into the history books if the media was not there to fact check Trump's lies?

sgtdjones 2021-03-06 20:14:51 

In reply to Ayenmol

Why would Rome adopt Christianity if it were such a hoax?

Constantine came to the conclusion that the Pagans were gaining in popularity and a threat to Rome.One associates Constantine with the Christianisation of his empire, yet even if he had remained steadfastly pagan based on the efforts of his predecessors he pulled Rome out of the desperate struggle for survival by a book written by 2,000-year old Palestinian goatherds.

Constantine was now a promoter of Christianity (he had earlier been a worshipper of Sol, the Unconquered Sun). Constantine Army carried the labarum, a banner inscribed with the superimposed Greek letters X (chi) and P (rho). Together these read ‘Chr[ist]’.A bad generalship by Maxentius gave a quick victory to Constantine.The arch that stands beside the Colosseum in Rome commemorating Constantine’s victory, the monument was commissioned by the resolutely pagan senate – No christian symbols on it.

Constantine turned his attention to Emperor Lactantius who said, “everyone be given the freedom to worship as he wishes, and nothing detract from the dignity of any religion”.Licinius allegedly began to discriminate against Christians. This was either deliberate provocation, or largely fake news propagated by Constantine which lead to war.The Christians carried their sacred labarum to
victory.

Constantine was now free to shape the empire however he wanted. Constantine began by banning Christians from taking part in the (pagan) state religion.The different forms of contemporary Christian belief,was a problem. He summoned the council of bishops to the eastern city of Nicaea. There the basic principles of Christianity were thrashed out in a statement known today as the Nicene Creed.

Despite Constantine’s efforts, the church was still riven with conflicting ideas, especially about the nature of Christ.Constantine was baptised by a pro-Arian bishop; who believed that Jesus was separate from the Father and not part of a single Trinitarian being. Constantine wished to be baptised in the River Jordan.AD 324, Constantine founded a new, Christian capital for the empire.Byzantium, a Greek colony founded in 650 BC was chosen.

He died when he was 65 years old. He was buried in the resting place he had carefully chosen in the Church of the Twelve Apostles.Christianity was at one point just as strong in the Sassanian Persian empire,Christianity was the intellectual and spiritual force which gave Europe its identity.Then came the Christian coalition that eventually threw back the Ottoman Muslims at Vienna in 1683.

If the muslims had won you would not be reading from the book written by Palestinian goatherds today.

Ayenmol 2021-03-06 20:41:41 

In reply to black

Most of the people already know it's lies.

They just choose to promote it to defend their position.

Kind of like how you know you can't prove Jesus did not exist. But since his existence is detrimental to your belief system you act like you have a stronger position than those who believe he did ukulele

Although when it comes to your position you are on thinner ice than even Trumpians.

WI_cricfan 2021-03-06 20:43:43 

In reply to bravos

What is the case against Christ?

black 2021-03-06 20:48:55 

In reply to Ayenmol

Can you prove that he does exist?

Ayenmol 2021-03-06 21:01:45 

In reply to sgtdjones

For once, try to keep up with the point of reason....i just used the fact that the Romans adopted the Religion of a small group of people within a Nation they conquered.....you explaining to me why when my whole point of argument is that exact point.

The fact that the Romans saw the power of this group speaks to that groups belief and determination and how others believed them based on face to face contact with the very people who were sharing these truths.

This was not like the people of today who spew falsehoods on the internet but cant back it up in court or in public.

These eyewitness went before courts and high rulers for the sake.of their belief.

Liars don't do thsat en masse.

Why would the people believe that a man was resurrected who did not live?

Or did not preach before them?

Or did not prophesy and heal etc before them?

It is because most of them saw what he did themselves....so when oth3rs came and said he was raised up they had no real problems believing that too.

Manu of the people heard what Jesus was doing.....then came to him to prove for themselves.....and went away believing.

Ayenmol 2021-03-06 21:10:33 

In reply to black

Can you prove that he does exist?

I have proved to myself.....that is my job.....and yours

Lets stick to you proving he did not....since you feel it is your responsibility to spread your gospel.

Because if the very real things i have stated does not prove he did exist in human form....what is going to prove to you that he exist in spirit form.....

I have never seen the wind or Air.....yet i see it's effect around me. I rely on it to live.

So if there are things i cant see but i can see evidence of it's existence that you cant dispute....why cant you believe there are other things that can be seen through it's effect that you are yet to understand or refuse to try?

A man of Science spends years learning and experimenting.....and all they are doing is exploring what is already there. Being taught by diligent research.

Yet you think learning the deeper things of life that are non scientific is a matter of careless thought.

black 2021-03-06 21:58:43 

In reply to Ayenmol

So, I am supposed to believe that if you die tomorrow, your soul would escape your rotting carcass and ascend to heaven?

sgtdjones 2021-03-06 22:00:19 

In reply to sgtdjones

Constantine came to the conclusion that the Pagans were gaining in popularity and a threat to Rome, He magnified up the story spoken by Palestinian goatherds.
It saved the Roman Empire.

B16JP587S 2021-03-07 01:06:23 

The Jews, as a whole, rejected Jesus, not because they didn't like him, as the New Testament tried to portray

but because when they compared what was happening

to what God told them would be happening when the messiah comes

THEY DIDN'T MATCH UP.

That's the main reason they rejected him. Not because he upturned their money board and found faults with their behavior.

Essentially, to accept Jesus was to call God a liar.

Emir 2021-03-07 13:27:54 

In reply to bravos

All things must be questioned if we are to really progress as a species,the longer we are directed by vengeance,jealousy,blood,
tribal father and son enterprise structure with bloodshed and genocide as options in defence of one man made god or the other, the longer we remain limited as a species.

Absolutely correct. Every claim must be investigated and questioned. Seeking knowledge "from the cradle to the grave" should be a continuous human endeavor.

That Religions are man made is a fact. There is a difference between religion and faith, and most modern day folks who tout religion which is indeed limiting, do so in a similar style to politicians who tout their political affiliation or corporate leaders who worship their company's creed.

In conjunction with others, a program to dialogue with those who wish to separate man made religion from faith in GOD, and those who wish to understand better the argument/evidence/rationale for design creation by a supreme force, an educational program was established.

black 2021-03-07 17:25:41 

In reply to Ayenmol

I have proved to myself.....that is my job.....and yours

You haven't proven anything. You have convinced yourself that God exist. And you are using the same flawed book to validate his existence.

Because if the very real things i have stated does not prove he did exist in human form....what is going to prove to you that he exist in spirit form....

Those are not real things, they are a series of unproven assumptions, based on faith.

I have never seen the wind or Air.....yet i see it's effect around me. I rely on it to live.

That seems to be a favorite line of you believers but there are far more evidence for the wind than for God.

So if there are things i cant see but i can see evidence of it's existence that you cant dispute....why cant you believe there are other things that can be seen through it's effect that you are yet to understand or refuse to try?

There's no such thing as a spiritual force, it goes against the laws of nature.

And by the way, why hasn't Jesus shown his face recently?

bravos 2021-03-07 18:38:17 

In reply to Emir

We must question things..thats the only way we progress..

bravos 2021-03-07 18:49:15 

In reply to black

Ayenmol would come around in the future I believe..but it may be a scary proposition,he seems to be one of those people that need someone watching over him making sure he does the right thing,his ways here alone shows how deceitful he could be and win at all cost,seems like some people need that fear of a God to keep them on some sorta right track..that's where a different type of teaching is necessary from birth.

Time to get the blood , jealousy,tribalism and vengeance out of our system..

Could you imagine the potential if humans are taught the right way from birth,instead of being taught that they are different and you cannot play with them.because they worship a different god,and they were kicked out the garden and brother killed brother and all the kids of a certain age were murdered, and another plague, and fire and brimstone and the devil was an angel and a virgin had a child and he summoned bears to eat them alive,and nails were driven through his hands and feet and thorns were placed on his head and he was left bleeding out and dead people walking and they will all be wiped out, and this curse and that curseand despair and despair and suffering and suffering and blood blood blood !!!!

And that's only fucking Sunday school!!