The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

What now for the Poms?

TEMPER 2021-03-07 12:15:10 

Home series against New Zealand and India and the ashes away....think the Poms will beat Aussies ....australia is a fading giant.

WICFan 2021-03-07 12:26:50 

In reply to TEMPER

I think the Aussies will beat them, we don't know what travel restrictions there will be on the barmy army, and Australia is a hostile environment.

I think they'll beat New Zealand and will win a tight series against India.

TEMPER 2021-03-07 12:39:05 

In reply to WICFan

I looked at the aussie batting in recent series aganst India and looked vulnerable. OZ has a very good bowling attack though in Cummins. Stark and hazelwood...and lyon a world class spinner. If both Broad and Anderson both go i would give the Poms the edge.

WICFan 2021-03-07 13:50:59 

In reply to TEMPER

I'm not sure Langer is the right man for the job.

Yeah, Australia haven't been able to get the batting lineup right. I still think Khawaja is a better option than Harris or Burns at the top of the order and I would have liked to have seen Maxwell play more tests.

Pucovski's shoulder surgery and Green having some technical tweaks to his bowling certainly throw up some questions but Smith loves batting against England, Labuschange done well against them in England and then Cummins, Hazelwood and Lyon.

I think Starc is starting to just fade a bit, nobody better at getting rid of the lower order and tail but he can be expensive.