The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

No backing down from Windies in series decider

sgtdjones 2021-03-07 15:22:57 

No backing down from Windies in series decider

ST JOHN’S – Despite suffering a chastening defeat in Friday’s second game, West Indies will not be in retreat when they face Sri Lanka in Sunday’s decisive Twenty20 International in Antigua, as they chase only their third series victory in nearly three years.

The Caribbean side won the opening match last Wednesday by four wickets after successfully chasing 132 but tumbled to a 43-run loss two days later in pursuit of 161, to leave the series wide open.

And even though they paid the price for their adventurous batting in Friday’s contest at Coolidge Cricket Ground, captain Kieron Pollard said his side would not back down from their robust brand of cricket but wanted to be smarter in their approach.

“To be honest, the guys know what we have to do. We’re going to have a chat about how we’re going to go about it and we’re going to come back with the same sort of positive intent come Sunday,” said Pollard.

“There’s all to play for. We’re looking to come out and win and we’re looking to come out and still be positive. At the end of the day, that’s the type of cricket we want to be playing – with intent.

Link Text

Khaga 2021-03-07 15:56:00 

Why is there a talk of retreat? The reigning world champions including the many "greatest" players should be talking only about blasting the opposition on home turf..

Barry 2021-03-07 16:41:15 

In reply to Khaga

You are a tiresome shit confused

dayne 2021-03-07 17:00:24 

Well I hope the WI have their better inspiration speakers all line up, they all need to be fired-up and bring their A games today, The senior guys the Selectors brought back have down nothing so far.

Khaga 2021-03-07 17:18:49 

In reply to Barry

No more constipated than you are,my brother!! Are you (from) POS?

cricketfreak 2021-03-07 18:19:12 

Do I miss something? So west indies learned to bat spin overnight? Very interesting game will be on hand tonight.

cricketfreak 2021-03-07 18:22:44 

I hope sri Lanka adds another spin bowler for tonight game , I love to see those west indies baseball players does be swinging and missing those sri Lankan spinners.

cricketfreak 2021-03-07 18:25:03 

Win or lose Sri Lanka already exposed west indies to the cricket world.