The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Joseph admits County Cricket spell not easy, but determined to improve as player

CaribbeanCricket.com 2021-05-12 12:09:44 

West Indies fast bowler, Alzarri Joseph, admits that getting used to conditions on a debut English County cricket season has been challenging, but that his only true focus remains continuing to improve as a player.

The 24-year-old Joseph, who signed with Worcestershire, for the first seven games of the 2021 County Championship season, has had a fairly solid debut spell so far.

“I wouldn’t say it’s been the best or that I am extremely satisfied, but it’s improving as I go along. It’s a lot different to the Caribbean, it’s different conditions in terms of different grounds, different types of surfaces, and different types of players, so it’s also about adjusting to everything at once.  It’s helping me to improve as a player in terms of adjusting to situations a bit quicker,” Alzarri told the Antigua Observer.

Read more at SportsMax

Full Story

positiveg 2021-05-12 12:15:01 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

Just work on improving for real AlJo.
Then it should show when you get back here in the Caribbean.

dayne 2021-05-12 12:26:21 

I knew that the experience of playing county cricket would help Joseph, I expect to see some good results from his time there when he returns to the Caribbean.

dclar301 2021-05-12 17:05:37 

The guy just can't cut it at test level. After all this time no improvement. Time to cut your losses and move on.

powen001 2021-05-14 11:59:41 

AJ s issue is between his ears...full stop.

Settle down..

Youth - KNOW THYSELF.

The fruits will appear.