The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Holder: Bio-secure bubbles ‘hardest days’ of career

sgtdjones 2021-05-13 17:19:50 

Holder: Bio-secure bubbles ‘hardest days’ of career

Former Test captain Jason Holder has described cricket during the ongoing COVID-19 environment as the “hardest days” of his career, pointing to mental exhaustion as one of the major side effects of the bio-secure bubble.The 29-year-old Barbadian was one of several West Indies players who returned to the Caribbean recently following the abrupt suspension of the Indian Premier League due to the surge of Covid-19 cases in India.

Holder, who featured in a single game for Sunrisers Hyderabad, flew to India immediately following Sri Lanka’s tour of the Caribbean which was played on the heels of the Regional Super50 in February.
“This has been the hardest days of my career so far. Mentally, it gets pretty exhausting and pretty boring,” Holder lamented. “It is good to get this break and I presume I will have to take one or two more breaks as the year unfolds.

“We have got a pretty heavy schedule and it will be pretty interesting to see how I manage myself and my mental state, but it is taking it step by step, and not getting too far ahead of myself.”

Link Text