The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Hosein looking to cement his place in Windies teams

sgtdjones 2021-05-13 17:21:40 

ALL FORMATS GOAL
Hosein looking to cement his place in Windies teams

Trinidad and Tobago left-arm orthodox spinner Akeal Hosein is happy and grateful to be awarded a Cricket West Indies central retainer contract and is focused on repaying the faith of the selectors by lifting his game as he aims to become an all-format asset for the regional side.CWI only offered one all-format contract for 2021 to 2022 and that went to top all-rounder Jason Holder. Meanwhile, Hosein was given a white-ball contract along with fellow T&T players Kieron Pollard, Darren Bravo, Evin Lewis and Nicholas Pooran.

The 28-year-old Hosein made his West Indies ODI debut in January against Bangladesh and has since played six matches, grabbing eight wickets.In first-class cricket, Hosein has played 23 games grabbing 63 wickets while in List A cricket, he has played 40 matches, taking 53 scalps.He has also played 40 T20 matches, grabbing 23 wickets.

“I was happy and grateful to be told that an investment is going to be made in me for the West Indies by offering me a retainer,” he said of earning a place among the elite in the Caribbean.

Link Text

problemjay 2021-05-13 18:19:53 

I like this youth. He is becoming a regular in the WI set up and seems like he is always willing to improve his game.