The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

T&T ..PM announces curfew says don't jack... the thing

sgtdjones 2021-05-16 13:10:39 

..PM announces curfew from 9 pm to 5 am, says don't jack... the ting

This is the last line of defence by the Government as it attempts to stifle the surging COVID-19 numbers and deaths in the hope it will give the overburdened health care system some much-needed breathing room.Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley announced the latest restrictions at a media conference on Saturday at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann's.

"I'm sorry that it has come to coffins and faces of dead people for us to realise that we are in and always have been in a very difficult place," Rowley told the country.Rowley said he had consulted with both the Attorney General and the Ministry of Health before making the decision.

"From midnight tonight (Saturday), Trinidad and Tobago will be under a State of Emergency," he said.The SoE comes with a 9 pm to 5 am curfew.

"If you don't have to be out for exempted reasons, stay home under the force of law," Rowley said.The Prime Minister said that as a longtime follower of calypso, two calypsonians had come to his aid. He said Brother Mudada, who said “De ting doh care” in his song, was the first.

"So understand that nobody is exempted from this," Rowley said.

"And Devon Seales has come to my aid to appeal to you when he says in his calypso ‘Don’t jackass de ting,’” Rowley added.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2021-05-16 13:22:30 

Trini Comments T&T Guardian....

Raven Madoxx

Donkey calling us Jacka$$
We had one year to prepare...
Three weeks into it and we out of beds...
I thank the Americans for showing us how to use a tent....
I am sorry; but we must all now suffer, this is all of our own making....

Two Cents

How is it that the Prime Minister has declared a State of Emergency? The law states that the President is the one to declare a State of Emergency and enforces it as she is Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces. Don't tell me that our PM or his advisor ( if he takes advice from anyone) does not know this!!

Stray Bullet

Rowley is now commander in chief or what? As far as I am aware (I could be wrong... maybe), only the president can call a state of emergency. What will a 9 to 5 curfew achieve other than maybe slow down horning? I mean, no food or alcohol selling and barely anyone even being out after 9. A family member of mine was tested 2 weeks ago, didn't get a call back to give him the results and he had no symptoms, but TWO WHOLE WEEKS LATER he gets called saying that he tested positive! The nurse who called him said she is the only one who has to call back 6000 people. His wife and kids now have what they thought was just a bad cold for the past week. So the reason we are seeing spikes is because people who tested positive, only get called back after they have already infected their communities and families. So Rowley administration is who jackassing the scene because they have dropped the ball by how they are handling positive cases.

Peter Bailey

"So understand that nobody is exempted from this, all yuh eh me" Rowley said.

Sundar Sathya

Was the number of covid cases unreported when there were flareups in Prison, Police and the airport? Even though our borders were closed, the grapevine has it that the airport was bustling with activity culminating in 54 airport workers testing positive and not reflected in our statistics. It is sad that the Editors in our newspapers choose what they want reported.

Markus Haas

a hopeless ,clueless ,senile golf player with a IQ of 12 (Pizza have 13 ) is upsetting a whole nation !

Claude Gonzales

THE COVID DONE IN THE HOUSES -- so when yuh LOCK DOWN ... yuh spreading more COVID!!!
HOW MUCH LIES ROWLEY GO TELL AND GET AWAY WITH IT -- IMPACT IS UPON US.
STOP BRACING!!! START DEALING WITH THE CRISIS!!!

William Ganness

Is lotto still exempt? Mr "Sorry it had to come to this"?

Victor Newman

The PM and his Govt Jack........the thing by saying it not coming here it’s not Armageddon, had carnival, not doing enough testing, had an election, not negotiating for the premier vaccines, keeping the borders porous, not making new Coast Guard vessels serviceable, constantly lying to us, create parallel rules for different class of people, gut the procurement legislation then making a secret deal with the Chinese for vaccine which is more expensive and less potent, fake Covid, lying about bed capacity (1900) but according to Dr Abdool Richards we are at 70% capacity at 500 beds, did not explore the opportunity of getting vaccines from India as gifts, inviting people to Tobago 55,000 people travelled back and forth (Sinannan) and then try to justify it, blame the citizens at every opportunity, continue to behave like a wajang calling the citizenry fools, stupid, mangy dog. These are just some, so who is Jack....... the thing. In any other country he would be history but allu vote for that so tek it right up in you rukungu tuntung.
Its one year late but necessary. It may not have the desired effect if the borders remain porous and a vaccination plan is not imminent and that’s why he could not say when it will end. He didn’t want to Jack...... it up. We have to wait until new vessels reach to man the borders while there are new ones at Staubles Bay doing nothing, no diesel to patrol. He boasts of having the hospitals but it take the pandemic to open the Children Hospital in Couva, what a shame from a shameless liar. I started compiling a list of lies perpetrated by this man on us and I run out of paper. Once there is no vaccines and the borders are open we in for a rough ride and it’s not a rough rider.

Halliwell 2021-05-16 14:53:52 

In reply to sgtdjones

Love that “pizza have 13”

Even Trump was nominated for a Nobel prize
Rowley hasn’t

I understand why

sgtdjones 2021-05-16 16:20:17 

In reply to Halliwell

He doesn't beg....