The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Why was Hety and Nickypoo arguing about ...

FuzzyWuzzy 2021-09-14 23:33:46 

About field setting? redface

doosra 2021-09-14 23:34:18 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Pelting ball all kinna thing

Poor

FuzzyWuzzy 2021-09-14 23:36:36 

In reply to doosra

Seems to me Hety felt Nicky was too passive. Hety was fired up for the fight.

doosra 2021-09-14 23:37:32 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Pooran is a brother so don't expect a fight big grin big grin

bobby 2021-09-15 02:07:38 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Hetty only plays to the cameras.He is just an immature, spoilt baby.

Dukes 2021-09-15 02:12:47 

In reply to bobby

He did captain the WI team that won the World Cup in Under 19 cricket.

armchair 2021-09-15 02:30:19 

In reply to Dukes

Indeed, should be the Guyana Captain regardless of format or even if franchise

natty_forever 2021-09-15 03:37:39 

In reply to armchair

Well he going be captained by Pooran for sometime to come!

Onionman0 2021-09-15 06:21:37 

In reply to armchair

Saw Hety captaining under-19 team....was very aggressive....in the final against India...used Chemar Holder quota of overs in single spell....used 8 overs of Joseph....bowled out India cheaply ,to win the Cup.....Hety is very passionate.....just like Kholi.... hopefully, he would get T-20 Captaincy, after World Cup.....

Jeremy 2021-09-15 06:37:57 

Hetmeyer should be the captain going forward. Pooran lack experience. guyana coach griffith was overruling pooran on team selection.

Hetmeyer captian few 50 overs matches for guyana this year and he did a great job. He used the right bowlers and he had an attacking field.

I would make hety captain next season.

Halliwell 2021-09-15 06:55:30 

In reply to Onionman0

He cannot control his own self at this stage; you want him to lead 15 men?!?!
Maybe he was a good or very good skipper for U19s… but!!!

Onionman0 2021-09-15 11:04:59 

In reply to Halliwell

Any sphere of life...... sports or outside..... certain individuals blooms with added responsibilities......to my mind...Hety, loves to be involved in all spheres of game.....revels in such situation.....like Kholi...his batting would also improve....appoint Captain...first T-20....if succeeds...ODI....then ultimately, test cricket.....West Indies cricket , desperately need aggressive Captain, with proper cricket abilities.....

Walco 2021-09-15 11:20:31 

In reply to Onionman0
Yuh see that incident yesterday with Hetmyer being irate and angrily throwing the ball into the ground, just close your eyes and imaging the reaction on this site if Polly had done the same thing. Hety is far from ready to be anywhere near the WI captaincy boss cool

Onionman0 2021-09-15 12:15:15 

In reply to Walco

Different Captain react to a particular situation differently......Imran Khan, one of the greatest Captain...In 1985, Champion Trophy, final.....was cussing his own players....lost the final to India....Same Imran,comes out of retirement to lead bunch of newbies to victory in World Cup 1991......to my mind....essential quality of leader.....passion, strategical know-how,proper abilities to lead from the front.... analysis of last decade ...after removal of Gayle.... Sammy- passion & Strategical know-how but lack proper cricket abilities,....Holder- lacked Strategical know- how..... Pollard- lacks cricket abilities.... Braithwaite- cricket abilities severely declined.....Hety can be afforded a chance..,.

doosra 2021-09-15 12:24:09 

In reply to Walco

Hety was never that dude tho
Aggressive yes but not irate like that

Things nuh regula big grin

Walco 2021-09-15 12:29:05 

In reply to Onionman0
I agree that Hety has to potential to be a future West Indies cappo. But not now. He is not ready because he lacks sufficient maturity at this stage of his career. And I'm not just talking about what happened yesterday

Dukes 2021-09-15 12:29:22 

I can not imagine Hetty being successful over the next 4-5 years and not being captain of the West Indies.Name any successful WI batsman who was not captain of the West Indies.

Walco 2021-09-15 12:30:02 

In reply to doosra
As Denesh would say, "Talk Nuh" smile

Walco 2021-09-15 12:32:16 

In reply to Dukes
Greenidge, Haynes, ... smile

Onionman0 2021-09-15 12:39:19 

In reply to Walco

I may be wrong but do find similarity with Kholi.....Kholi, the Captain prospered under guidance of Dhoni......even, now, Dhoni has been appointed as mentor for T-20 World Cup....I see Pollard or Sammy in that role in future.... particularly, in white ball cricket.....

Walco 2021-09-15 12:46:29 

In reply to Onionman0
I see Big Bravo as more suited for that mentor role than both Polly and Sammy. Bish was talking yesterday about Dhoni mentoring Bravo. But I have noticed that a number of Trini players have credited Polly for helping them on their journeys.

CricSham 2021-09-15 13:05:29 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy
It was not an argument. Pooran was just telling the imbecile that he need to lose some weight. big grin

Onionman0 2021-09-15 13:08:07 

In reply to Walco

Agree....Big Bravo , in his short spell as white ball Captain....did show his abilities as leader....a more complete cricketer than both Sammy and Pollard......only thing that goes against him.....his ability to to work with administration....infact, Big Bravo encourage Pollard to better thing...... Pollard,as regional team Captain has wider power to help.....given a choice...Big Bravo would definitely be first......

Larr Pullo 2021-09-15 13:12:36 

Pooran is a poor captain. The AW need to do three things. Get rid of Omar Khan, send that half bald asshole back to where he come from and get a new manager, and let Hetmyer captain the team. Then get rid of all the old well past their use by date Pakistani players and reconstruct the team. Imagine you have a fifteen man squad with ZERO backup batter except the keeper Bramble. Imagine dropping Moti for Sinclair. Who was responsible for that piece of jackassery?

Larr Pullo 2021-09-15 13:13:16 

Seems like Khan job is to make sure that Guyana never win another T20 title!

StumpCam 2021-09-15 13:45:46 

In reply to Larr Pullo

I’m convinced Trickydadian Khan didn’t play Sinclair in the earlier matches so Hosein could get a leg up on WC selection! lol lol

armchair 2021-09-15 13:46:52 

WI has groomed captains using the U-19 as a key part of the process. Hetmyer has his faults, but if or when he gets his game on track I cannot see him being overlooked as captain. Guyana needs to put him in that place now and let him mature. Pooran has not demonstrated leadership abilities and one has to wonder if the marginalization of Hetmyer over the period of Pollard's captaincy was to allow Pooran to step into that space. Speculation aside, looking as these 2 young men, one has had global success as a captain and one looks like a good team player in the field but not a leader.

Kay 2021-09-15 17:39:06 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Seems like Khan job is to make sure that Guyana never win another T20 title!

And to groom Pooran as a likely replacement for Pollard ...

WestDem 2021-09-15 17:48:42 

In reply to CricSham

It was not an argument. Pooran was just telling the imbecile that he need to lose some weight.

You are very proud of this post? The articles that you write is just as dumb and even dumber than this post...

Logic 2021-09-15 18:17:47 

In reply to armchair

Agreed that Guyana from PCL to T20 should be pushing Hetty as captain. But Hetty still needs to behave himself if he doesnt want to disqualify himself from the role. Got to be able to follow if you want to lead

Barry 2021-09-15 19:11:28 

In reply to Logic

Agreed that Guyana from PCL to T20 should be pushing Hetty as captain. But Hetty still needs to behave himself if he doesnt want to disqualify himself from the role. Got to be able to follow if you want to lead

You should push your fatman when Greene was captain - puncheon cowards

cool