The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Gayle just responded to Ambrose

positiveg 2021-10-12 13:53:22 

Live on a show in SKN.
Called him out says he has no respect further for Curtly Ambrose.
Oh well.

Link here

Tryangle 2021-10-12 14:11:21 

In reply to positiveg

Hope Gayle doesn't let that be a distraction and rather an inspiration to defy the naysayers. Thought he'd be more of a water off a duck's back kind of fella, but such is life.

sgtdjones 2021-10-12 14:14:36 

In reply to positiveg

Let the naysayers bray UB.....show the Universe what you can do with that willow....
Let your bat talk.

cool

FanAttick 2021-10-12 16:22:29 

In reply to positiveg

I heard Curtly on Mason and Guest….his comments were fair and reasonable…he said that he wouldn’t have selected Uni Boss but that on his day Uni Boss can destroy any team…

The good news is that Uni Boss is at his most dangerous when he has a chip on his shoulders…and Curtly is the catalyst for a blitzkrieg or two lol

Halliwell 2021-10-12 16:37:13 

In reply to positiveg

Wow hitting hard shock

Walco 2021-10-12 18:01:11 

In reply to FanAttick

The good news is that Uni Boss is at his most dangerous when he has a chip on his shoulders

Truer words were never spoken smile

Fivestar 2021-10-12 18:23:26 

In reply to positiveg

Chris Gayle has a right to be unhappy with anyone who he feels criticises him or the West Indies team unfairly.

On the other hand, Curtly Ambrose, as a media person, is expected to give his opinion on West Indies cricket.

Now there seems to be a rift between Gayle and Ambrose. I like both of these guys so hopefully they'll be able to sort this out.

By the way, there always seems to be some bacchanal between current and former West Indies cricketers. I wonder why?

natty_forever 2021-10-12 18:25:35 

In reply to Fivestar

We love carnival?

VIX 2021-10-12 19:04:26 

with Gayle, is always everybody else's fault

Drapsey 2021-10-12 19:22:11 

In reply to positiveg

Gayle better be careful and don't upset the established broadcasters.

He must remember that he is soon to retire (from playing) and my need to join and learn from those established ones on any ensuing broadcasting career.

FuzzyWuzzy 2021-10-12 19:23:03 

In reply to FanAttick

That's why you are a respected poster. You can picong and you can be serious and fair when necessary.

FuzzyWuzzy 2021-10-12 19:24:32 

In reply to VIX

True!

Too thin skinned

Slipfeeler 2021-10-12 19:28:00 

In reply to Fivestar

Not a good situation when "old, has beens", criticizing current players' selection, as players do not select themselves. I am sure Ambrose would have felt the same when he was a WI player. No player in the world has Gayle's T20 stats or recognition, while Ambrose has no such recognition, so he is not in any position to criticize any WI player.

InHindsight 2021-10-12 19:28:06 

Does Gayle think hes beyond criticism? Why didn't he retire whilst he was ahead.

Ewart 2021-10-12 19:38:23 

In reply to VIX

Everybody else except the Australian newspaper who had to pay him thousands of dollars for libel.

//

Tryangle 2021-10-12 19:41:15 

In reply to Slipfeeler

Ambrose had a relatively mediocre career

Wasn't the T20 era after Ambi's playing days?

armchair 2021-10-12 19:42:07 

In reply to Slipfeeler
AMBROSE HAD A RELATIVELY MEDIOCRE CAREER???????
This can only be said by someone who only ever watched T20 and T10 cricket and has no knowledge of cricket history. To my mind the only fast bowler in West Indies cricket ahead of him was Malcolm Marshall and many would disagree to this. This makes him likely one of the top 5 or at worse 7 fast bowlers in cricket history - and he can be described as having a relatively mediocre career?

Slipfeeler 2021-10-12 19:48:02 

In reply to Tryangle

I know, which is why I withdrew the comparison.

Slipfeeler 2021-10-12 19:49:16 

In reply to armchair

See my post above, the statement has been withdrawn due to lack of T20 comparison.
big grin big grin

FuzzyWuzzy 2021-10-12 20:04:26 

In reply to Slipfeeler

You are either born in the 90s or you are a clown who knows nothing about wi cricket history.

Fivestar 2021-10-12 20:10:07 

In reply to Slipfeeler

..."old, has beens"...

There is a reason why so many professional sports hire former players as broadcasters. They have an insight into the game that other people may not have. Therefore, their views are usually respected even though someone may disagree with them.

conman 2021-10-12 20:20:52 

For a Universe Boss, he really sensitive

The fact that gayle has been told to go down the order is enough for anybody to see that hes a shadow of his former self, that added with his lack of scores, ambrose was being very polite. Right now the idea of gayle is more appealing that gayle himself, twist or turn he is keeping more deserving talent out.

It would be nice if during these twilight times of his career he could at least fake some humility

PM 2021-10-12 21:01:46 

In reply to positiveg

BS from Gayle

NYCGURU 2021-10-12 23:46:21 

In reply to conman

Go to the head of the class Conman.

Raisedseam 2021-10-12 23:57:32 

In reply to Ewart

Everybody else except the Australian newspaper who had to pay him thousands of dollars for libel.

Don't Blush UB and Ican Samuels laugh all the way to the bank after judgements in Aussie courts.

Woke judgements?

WestDem 2021-10-12 23:59:04 

In reply to Slipfeeler

You are now confirmed as the biggest dunce and idiot on this MB…Ambrose is Mediocre! This is my last response to your dumbass! evil evil evil

NYCGURU 2021-10-13 00:06:46 

In reply to WestDem

Take it easy on the slippery fella. You have to understand, that he must not have paid attention to Ambi and his exploits because he is not from the yard.

TheTrail 2021-10-13 00:30:47 

Look, this whole basa, basa comes down to two words, no tact.

anthonyp 2021-10-13 01:00:39 

Wait the slippery fella seh Ambrose is mediocre?

Admins yall please tek away his/her posting rights!

uton 2021-10-13 05:00:22 

Gayle is acting too insecure. Let us be honest Chris Gayle is at best a dubious selection given his record of the recent past. Caribbean people accept mediocrity, ignorance, and stupidity too willingly in the name of unity to their own detriment.

jacksprat 2021-10-13 11:40:45 

Christopher Gayle is an ignorant intemperate ass for trying to disrespect Curtley Ambrose for merely broaching uncomfortable facts about him.

Gayle has become so used to people genuflecting to him that he can't countenance someone, such as Ambrose, telling the truth about him and his diminishing effectiveness.

CHRISTOPHER GAYLE- THE SELF PROCLAIMED UNIVERSE BOSS- IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO GROW & BEGIN TO SHOW SOME CLASS!!

WalterWhite 2021-10-13 11:47:34 

Gayle really needs to grow up and leave childish tantrums for children. Ambrose was simply providing an honest assessment of where you are in your career. You are 42 years old for goodness sake!

doosra 2021-10-13 13:21:35 

In reply to WalterWhite

some things don't come with age big grin

Raisedseam 2021-10-13 13:34:04 

In reply to doosra

the Sarwan outburst was pre-puberty

Dukes 2021-10-13 22:47:03 

In reply to jacksprat

As the LATE, GREAT Professor Rex Nettleford said:

A BHUTTO in a BENZ is still a BHUTTO!!!!!!

Cricket_101 2021-10-13 23:42:15 

Why the f#*k is CG relevant is beyond logically thinking… The guy has contributed nada to WI cricket in f$&king years and have the
audacity to call Ambrose for being pragmatic on his t20 selection…

Drapsey 2021-10-14 01:28:37 

In reply to Cricket_101

What Gayle has is longevity. He has been driving you fackers crazy for 21 years. Count them.

For that matter, who the fact is Ambrose?

Not because a small island has chosen to bestow knighthood upon him, that doesn't mean he is beyond reproach. After all such knighthood doesn't mean squat. Just look at his fellow knight, Allen Stanford.

Jumpstart 2021-10-14 01:31:59 

In reply to Raisedseam

lol lol lol lol lol

FuzzyWuzzy 2021-10-14 01:38:39 

In reply to Drapsey

Let all the repressed feelings come out Dropsey skunt

Drapsey 2021-10-14 01:48:03 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Ambrose is just another small islander who is vexed with Gayle. Maybe he is 'related' to that woman who is party to that infamous carpark incident.

As our (former) colleague Wesley posted here, Gayle has a notebook/address book which he consults on his arrival on each of the islands. Maybe BIM too is considered a small island in this context.

Cricket_101 2021-10-14 02:09:36 

In reply to Drapsey

Gayle is a wash-up premadonna. He’d retire from all format of cricket… Ambrose
has earned his legendary… He needs to f$&king grow up. First was Sarwan, now is Ambrose… whose is next… I‘ve been supporting Gayle for over 10yrs in this rumshop… now is time for him to take a bow.

ducks 2021-10-14 05:38:21 

In reply to Cricket_101

What more can one expect from the Universe Ass. Everybody has a right to express his opinions. I remember Gauley expressing his opinion on Sammys selection on team balance

cricketfreak 2021-10-14 10:30:26 

Gayle giving problems to walk out the retirement door , well he will be kick out the door.

cricketfreak 2021-10-14 10:38:51 

Gayle saw the boots was coming at him from the Punjab kings so he jump ship.

LBW375 2021-10-14 12:20:40 

In reply to jacksprat

Thank you, I couldn't have said it better

"I will continue to be disrespectful to former players who HE believes are critical to his performance and selection"

And this right here is Chris Gayle, disrespectful, arrogant and no appreciation for the legacy of West Indies cricket. He and along with Marlon Samuel epitomize the "Me" generation. After all "ah who dem come fi see ?" is his mantra.

People who think they are "Universe Bosses" tend to be thin skinned, arrogant and cannot handle any sort of criticism, Gayle is becoming the Donald Trump of West Indies cricket.

Loves the limelight, loves controversy, loves himself. "Ah me dem come fi see". Almost as dunce as Ramdin's "Talk Nah Viv"

Retirement will be very hard for him.

Drapsey 2021-10-14 12:38:46 

In reply to LBW375

Loves the limelight, loves controversy, loves himself. "Ah me dem come fi see". Almost as dunce as Ramdin's "Talk Nah Viv"

And you had to say all that just to remind Gayle's Titties detractors about their own Ramdin and his faux pas. evil

Slipfeeler 2021-10-14 12:42:43 

Ambrose has a history of constantly criticizing Chris Gayle from even before 2019.
Here is Ambrose in 2019, he is criticizing Gayle Test cricket inclusion but yet ironically, he is encouraging Gayle to focus on T20:

"Asked about Gayle going back on his retirement plans and instead playing one last Test against India, Ambrose made no bones about what he thought of the dashing Jamaican's decision.

"If Chris Gayle wants to play an ODI series or a T20 series, well, that's not a problem. In terms of Test matches for me is a no no," Ambrose told PTI during an exclusive interview.

"Gayle hasn't played Test matches for five years. There you go... Bringing him back for one Test, I think, is a backward step. What kind of message are you sending to the younger players? ODIs and T20s are not a problem as he still is a destructive player but Test matches, no, definitely not," said the fearsome fast bowler of the 1980s and 90s, who took 405 wickets in 98 Tests.

Larr Pullo 2021-10-14 12:46:22 

In reply to Dukes

A BHUTTO in a BENZ is still a BHUTTO!!!!!!

You betta fix yuh mouth!!! Gayle drives a Bentley!!! lol lol lol lol

WalterWhite 2021-10-14 12:48:42 

In reply to Drapsey

Ambrose is just another small islander who is vexed with Gayle.

Ignorance like this is one of the reasons the region is in the state it is.

LBW375 2021-10-14 12:57:32 

In reply to Drapsey

Fling stone in hog pen and lick a tittie.... rolleyes

jacksprat 2021-10-14 13:14:22 

In reply to Dukes

As the LATE, GREAT Professor Rex Nettleford said: A BHUTTO in a BENZ is still a BHUTTO!!!!!!

INDEED!!!

Drapsey 2021-10-14 13:23:19 

In reply to WalterWhite

So, you're one of those small islanders too.

Well, fact you, and fact Ambrose while we're at it.

Drapsey 2021-10-14 13:26:51 

I wonder why the good (retired) Dr among us felt compelled to quote the late professor. Birds of a feather, are they?

jacksprat 2021-10-14 13:38:58 

Money can't buy class -regardless of the passport one holds!

There is no sugar-coating it: Gayle -not for the first time-has behaved in a deplorable, classless manner, and even one of his youth coaches with whom I spoke yesterday was appalled by his behaviour and vowed to have a word with him.

These were values were certainly not the values inculcated by Excelsior High School and I am sure members of the entire school fraternity are horrified by Christopher Gayles' blatant misstep in this case.

When one of our own is wrong we seek to correct him rather than act as enablers by trying to justify boorish conduct.

brians_da_best 2021-10-14 13:51:31 

Gayle is an idiot. You don't get very far disrespecting past greats, and legends of the game. Ambrose is one of the greatest to have played the game.

Gayle hasn't done squat for West Indies in the last few years, played franchisee through the second phase of his career, could have contributed a lot to west Indies, but chose not to.

His T20 club exploits don't come close to players who have dedicated their careers playing for the West Indies.

His behaviour is disgraceful. First he abused sarwan and now Ambrose. A stronger cricket board would have taken action against him. The wicb needs to fo something here.

StumpCam 2021-10-14 14:20:47 

In reply to Drapsey

And you had to say all that just to remind Gayle's Titties detractors about their own Ramdin and his faux pas. evil

Or maybe he couldn’t remember the name of Gayle’s country man who said he was a better batsman than Sobers… razz

Drapsey 2021-10-14 14:40:11 

In reply to StumpCam

Or maybe he couldn’t remember the name of Gayle’s country man who said he was a better batsman than Sobers…

I missed that.

Who said so?

StumpCam 2021-10-14 14:41:54 

In reply to Drapsey

IIRC I believe Wavell Hinds said something to that effect!

Drapsey 2021-10-14 14:46:37 

In reply to StumpCam

Wavell is too young to have seen Sobers play, and maybe he is one of those who have to see to believe. wink

imusic 2021-10-14 16:51:03 

Fuckery by Gayle.

You so thin skinned you not only cant take criticism…..but feel the need to disrespect the critic in the process?

And is not like what Ambrose said is not without merit.

Jeezas man. evil

cricketfreak 2021-10-14 17:01:22 

Chris Gayle please tell the folks the real reason you run away from the ipl , and stop try to fool sensible people .

Dukes 2021-10-14 18:00:11 

In reply to Drapsey

That post does not reflect credit on your character.

armchair 2021-10-14 18:13:18 

In reply to Dukes
We live in a period where indefensible comments are somehow credited with relevance because they are someone's opinion - fact, logic andrespect for others be damned

Brerzerk 2021-10-14 18:17:31 

In reply to brians_da_best

THE BOARD has no morale authority they helped to cement The Gayle Storm of crassness by themselves being crass and seeing players out in the sun with bat in hand no different from enslaved cane-cutters and them the massa's in the great house who felt they had all right to 'cream from the players' sweat.' A board that awarded A Category Player of The Tournament US$200 while giving the CEO A US$200,000 bonus for losing them money cannot legitimately say squat to anyone

Brerzerk 2021-10-14 18:27:32 

In reply to Slipfeeler
What's wrong with that response to that question?
Not one damned thing

NYCGURU 2021-10-14 20:58:35 

In reply to imusic

Indeed. The chap takes every perceived slight as an affront to his greatness. He has morphed into the Universe Bore for all to see. Very sad way to bow out in his twlight years after a splendid career...

LBW375 2021-10-14 22:35:21 

In reply to Drapsey

Wavel was a skunt of the highest order.

Friend who hung round the players back then told me a story.

Wavel playing in a test match and while waiting with his pads on started commenting "lick way dem fool fool bowling noh, if ah me a pure 4 dat". Apparently the 2 in the middle were struggling.

He went in next, got out quickly and came back sheepishly into the dressing room, avoiding everyone.

Everytime someone bring up Wavel's name, my friend tell that story. He was also the first person to tell me that Wavel was showing off about him being better than Sobers.

Ramdin up deh in skuntishness. Don't know why you deflecting

Drapsey 2021-10-15 00:14:31 

In reply to Dukes

I grew up around the saying, "Begin fuss (/first), never wrong".

Why did you quote Rex Nettleford again? From where I'm sitting, your use of the quote was to attack Gayle's character. All I did was to turn it around on you.

FuzzyWuzzy 2021-10-15 00:47:57 

In reply to Drapsey

Is Gayle untouchable?

HumbleCalf 2021-10-15 02:01:12 

In reply to Larr Pullo

lol lol lol

Dukes, with that statement CG has managed to drag you down in the gutter with him. I think most reasonable people would say CG overreacted...but it could also be said CG does not know better, at least he has not shown he knows better. At his age he should know better but he does not. You on the other hand know better.

Anyway unnu carry on...

Drapsey, I have never seen you in such a fighting mood...no need to drag down other people though.

Spratty, CG is a product of his environment, is what kinda training unnu dishing out at Excelsior? big grin

Brerzerk 2021-10-15 03:19:18 

In reply to Drapsey
Stop bro you're not being the you we know here.

MarLonJ 2021-10-20 03:16:03 

The drama between players is what makes sports betting predictions inaccurate at times. Some athletes perform better under emotional stress while others don’t. It’s kind of annoying.