The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Chris Gayle bashes Sir Curtly Ambrose

CaribbeanCricket.com 2021-10-13 12:36:33 

Apparently having had his fill of detractors questioning his selection to the West Indies 15-man squad for the ICC T20 World Cup later this month, Chris Gayle has reacted strongly and channelled his rage at Sir Curtly Ambrose, who has opined that he would not start the Universe Boss once the two-time champions begin their campaign for a third title.

Ever since the squad was named last month, West Indies selectors have come in for criticism for the selection of Gayle and other players like Darren Bravo, who was named among the reserves. Critics have also questioned why players like Sherfane Rutherford and Odean Smith were not selected given how well each performed during the 2021 Hero CPL tournament in St Kitts and Nevis.

“I can tell you personally and you can let him know that Chris Gayle, the Universe Boss, have no respect for Curtly Ambrose whatsoever,” said Gayle, who accused the fast-bowling great of seeking attention.

Read more at SportsMax

Full Story

velo 2021-10-13 12:52:09 

he better perform with the bat or he going to look stupid along with the selectors

Jumpstart 2021-10-13 12:53:46 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

Sir curtly is right. On current form, gayle is not an automatic pick

Drapsey 2021-10-13 12:54:54 

If those two should face off in fisticuffs I'd certainly place my wager on the Sir(ed) one.

dayne 2021-10-13 14:43:55 

Due to his position in WI cricket, Ambrose should have not commented on Gayle selection and now Gayle should not have responded verbally, Gayle have the opportunity to shame all the doubters by performing well when he plays.

jacksprat 2021-10-13 15:17:46 

Curtly Ambrose deserves an apology from Chris Gayle. Not for the first time Gayle has crossed the line and his reaction to mild criticism from Ambrose was beyond the pale.

Gayle seems like a thin-skinned dunce who seems to believe West Indies cricket revolves around him. Ambrose was right: Gayle has long-passed his sell-by date and it is time for him to go -and take his boorish conduct with him!

Sylobaby 2021-10-13 16:03:30 

In reply to jacksprat
In my opinion it's the other way around. It's Chris Gayle that deserves an apology from Curtly Ambrose. Ambrose was not selected on the team but Chris Gayle was. If Ambrose has any position in Cricket west Indies he should learn to respect the players selected by the selectors. For Ambrose to get so personal about Gayle s selection is very low class and he got what he deserved

Sylobaby 2021-10-13 16:05:12 

In reply to jacksprat
In my opinion it's the other way around. It's Chris Gayle that deserves an apology from Curtly Ambrose. Ambrose was not selected on the team but Chris Gayle was. If Ambrose has any position in Cricket west Indies he should learn to respect the players selected by the selectors. For Ambrose to get so personal about Gayle s selection is very low class and he got what he deserved

conman 2021-10-13 16:23:18 

In reply to Sylobaby

For Ambrose to get so personal about Gayle s selection is very low class and he got what he deserved

This is straight projection, right?

"For me, Gayle is definitely not an automatic choice for starting," Ambrose said on a radio talk show in Barbados. "When you look at his exploits over the last 18 months, he has struggled not only for the West Indies, but other T20 franchises. The few home series we played, he hasn't had any scores of significance."

When I just joined the team, I looked up to this man. But I am now speaking from my heart. I don't know what, since he retired, what he had against Chris Gayle. Those negative things he has been saying within the press, I don't know if he is looking for attention, but he is getting the attention. So I am just giving back the attention which he requires and which he needs.

"I can tell you personally, and you can let him know that Chris Gayle, the Universe Boss, have no respect for Curtly Ambrose whatsoever."

Gayle sound like a mad man

Narper 2021-10-13 16:35:20 

UB should deliver with the bat then bash anybody.

Let de damn bat talk....because it hasnt been talking recently....and the reason many people are concerned

tops 2021-10-13 16:41:39 

In reply to jacksprat
"Gayle seems like a thin-skinned dunce who seems to believe West Indies cricket revolves around him"
True. Look, I like Chris Gayle, I always use his stats to make my point against the doubters...
But this is really cheap of him. It's an incoherent rant by Chris that makes absolutely no sense.
He saying he has no respect for Amby and telling him to pull up his socks and support the WI team.
Look man Chris, U don't have to respond to everything that ppl say about U.
And to dribble about comments U haven't even take the time to process is REAL foolish of U. razz

bobby 2021-10-13 16:53:56 

Two wrongs rarely make a right. Sir Curtley is an employee of the West Indies Cricket Board. He is therefore criticising the actions/decisions of his employer.
Nothing wrong with having an opinion but do that on your own time. Quit your position with the Under 19 team and then talk as you want. Will he be free to do the same, when the same selectors pick an Under 19 Team that he does not agree with?
That being said, our players need to let some things pass and stop taking everything so personally. This media war against players is a game perfected by the English and Australians. Everyone should remember Greig's "We are going to make them grovel." It is about getting into the heads of opposing players to weaken them.
We should not be waging this same war against our players and our team. The Selectors have done their job. Many do not agree. I do not agree. But that is the team that will be representing All A WE.
We all have the option of not watching, listening or reading reports when the World Cup starts.

Jumpstart 2021-10-13 17:11:41 

In reply to Sylobaby

Man......because of how gayle reacts and behaves, nobody wants to challenge him but gayle does not warrant a place on the team. Everybody has been saying that based on current form. That is all Ambrose was saying. Gayle has one score of note in about 25 t20 matches for the year.

Jumpstart 2021-10-13 17:11:41 

In reply to Sylobaby

Man......because of how gayle reacts and behaves, nobody wants to challenge him but gayle does not warrant a place on the team. Everybody has been saying that based on current form. That is all Ambrose was saying. Gayle has one score of note in about 25 t20 matches for the year.

cricketfreak 2021-10-13 17:18:20 

Chris Gayle shut up and thank you lucky stars for getting pick on the west indies wc cricket team , everyone knows that you don't merit been there, your cricketing days are over years ago, Chris Gayle your problem is that you don't know when enough is enough for you and the longer you linger on the more you will be insulted in case you forget you are not in your 20s anymore you are in your 40s, Chris Gayle do the wicb a favor and pull out of the wc tour just like you did with the ipl find some kind of excuse like you did for the ipl to walk away. You can even used the bubble thing again to get out
big grin big grin

cricketfreak 2021-10-13 17:24:57 

I want to know how much he is paying to get selected ? . Because he sure not been selected on present proformance .

Jumpstart 2021-10-13 17:26:22 

In reply to bobby

Two wrongs rarely make a right. Sir Curtley is an employee of the West Indies Cricket Board. He is therefore criticising the actions/decisions of his employer.
Nothing wrong with having an opinion but do that on your own time

are you saying that Dave Cameron's grossly incompetent and vindictive administration should only have been challenged by outsiders, even though he through his stupidity put the entire organization at risk? making no sense at all

Onionman0 2021-10-13 17:27:55 

Gayle performance in last few years in T-20 is abysmal..... players should take a criticism as challenge.... .. Gayle should be better served using cricket bat rather than tongue....then show "talk nah"placard to Curtly....

TheTrail 2021-10-13 17:28:02 

Slipfeeler 2021-10-13 17:31:15 

In reply to cricketfreak

Ambrose is a reflection of the lack of unity within the CWI Management, in fact, if it was a Corporate America, he would have been justifiable fired for his lack of committment and support for the organizational vision and implemented team strategy. More importantly voicing his own opinions in the press; crticizing a Management endorsed player; and undermining management decisions.

doosra 2021-10-13 17:32:46 

In reply to Slipfeeler

a reflection of the lack of unity within the CWI Management

same one that approved the selection of Ugawd? big grin

Jumpstart 2021-10-13 17:45:16 

In reply to Slipfeeler

dude.......if it was corporate america......the dunces like teddy griffith, dave cameron and pat rousseau would have never been elevated to the most senior positions in the organization

FuzzyWuzzy 2021-10-13 18:53:38 

In reply to Slipfeeler

Wasn't Ambrose on a one off contract? Stop talking shoite about corporate responsibility. Ambrose is a private individual

Drapsey 2021-10-13 19:21:40 

In reply to Slipfeeler

If Gayle is short of anything it's diplomacy.

From the outset he has always been the one to tell detractors, and he has had a lot of them over the past 21 years, to fact off.

Just imagine if he had an ounce of diplomacy combined with his 'approachable' personality, then he might've been in a position to earnestly look forward to one of those color commentator stints to keep his family fed after retirement. But seeing that he has such a short-coming, he is trying his best to prolong his playing career and in the process continue to drive his detractors facting crazy.

21 years and counting.

velo 2021-10-13 19:41:41 

jamaicans are so sensitive razz

Drapsey 2021-10-13 19:48:42 

In reply to velo

jamaicans are so sensitive

Is that why they're always ready to tell their detractors to fact-off?

Just asking. cool

TheTrail 2021-10-13 19:49:00 

In reply to velo

jamaicans are so sensitive

Guy? That's quite a general statement you making there...

Norm 2021-10-13 20:06:10 

In reply to Drapsey
Amby would then be charged with elderly battering.

Drapsey 2021-10-13 20:17:20 

In reply to Norm

smile

FuzzyWuzzy 2021-10-13 21:30:32 

In reply to Drapsey

Boringggggggggggggg. Yawnnnnnn

FuzzyWuzzy 2021-10-13 21:31:06 

In reply to TheTrail

Don't neccesarily mean it is wrong

Brerzerk 2021-10-13 21:42:15 

In reply to Jumpstart
I cannot believe you'd call Rousseau a dunce knowing that what that'd do is suggest you are a real dunce...but if that's so certainly its no surprise you stepped in it.
In his lifetime Rousseau achieved what Mandela would describe as 'It is impossible until it is done.'
a. He was the first to lead a legal team to a win for a small country vs. Large Corporate Conglomerates and set the template for the rest of the world.

b. Even though BBC had telecasted test cricket from the Caribbean before it is Rousseau who actually first beamed WI cricket as a WI product (including culture and crowd) to the rest of the world.

Brerzerk 2021-10-13 21:44:32 

In reply to TheTrail
There's nuff evidence here to show his hateful insularity. When Poster 'Trev' posted about the Jamaican doctor getting arrested what was his response?
Small people need to find a way to be seen.