The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

State of Emergency: Murder rate reaches 2020 figures..331 dead

sgtdjones 2021-10-25 21:11:16 

State of Emergency: Murder rate reaches 2020 figures

A 27-year-old father of two was shot dead as he returned to his Princes Town home on Saturday night.Darien “Barryjoe” Mohammed, of St Croix Road, Princes Town, was shot multiple times about the body. He died at the scene.A man wearing a grey jersey and dark-coloured pants was seen running away.The incident occurred at around 9.45 p.m., as Mohammed was returning home after purchasing a box of food.In a telephone interview, his sister Tia Mohammed said relatives heard the gunshots.

The country’s murder toll for the year so far now stands at 331 it was the same 331 for the corresponding period last year.

Link Text

So what happened to the Bail Bill, Anti gang legislation, SOE, etc.....????

sgtdjones 2021-10-25 21:22:22 

what's happening barry/problemjay ? Need more legislation huh?

rolleyes

camos 2021-10-25 21:29:48 

In reply to sgtdjones

The country’s murder toll for the year so far now stands at 331 it was the same 331 for the corresponding period last year.

so what is the alarm, it seems stable?

sgtdjones 2021-10-25 22:01:14 

In reply to camos

In an SOE is this stable? At least the killing was not during the SOE hours.
Law abiding killers.

rolleyes

problemjay 2021-10-25 22:08:25 

In reply to camos

lol you have to forgive our Canadian forumite. He really believes posting these daily forum TnT updates will bring down the PM and his govt lol

As you can see he clearly confused on what mesage he is trying to impose with these posts

sgtdjones 2021-10-25 22:31:48 

In reply to problemjay

Dipstick , I have never voted in any T&T election, so how can I bring down any government? I just pay taxes.

The losers in both parties are morons. I can see why T&T will be 3rd world for a long time to come.

Your PM is showing why T&T is heading down a precipice: six years in power, he and his ministers are still blaming his opponents.

It shows a lack of ideas, to propel forward. Leadership is lacking.

rolleyes

Wally-1 2021-10-26 13:45:24 

In reply to camos

You really posted that, high murder rates are not abhorrent anymore? How can you be ok with a stable alarm ?

sgtdjones 2021-10-26 15:46:37 

In reply to Wally-1

High murder rates in the Caribbean are not news any more , in T&T its in the back pages of the newspapers.

sad

camos 2021-10-26 15:53:09 

In reply to Wally-1You really posted that, high murder rates are not abhorrent anymore?

the morality is a different issue from the MATH my friend! I commented on the math.

Wally-1 2021-10-26 17:47:55 

In reply to camos

the morality is a different issue from the MATH my friend! I commented on the math.

Camos you really posted that, you getting worse by the minute mon.
The murder rate is alarmingly high, whether or not it stabilized bro. Matter of fact, stabilizing at that figure is worse than alarming.

bravos 2021-10-26 18:19:02 

In reply to Wally-1

Why not go a step further, one murder is one too many, so you're saying a lower rate is acceptable then? Certainly not the victims and their loved ones.. one murder is one too many also !! No matter where .

The point is it has been much higher and should end up below 400 ,no matter how you try to deny it, it shows significant progress and keeps the rate in the 20s/100,000 .

Such a rate would be equal to a 700+ year in Jamaica, won't such a rate be sign of progress and hope for Jamaica and noteworthy ? We've gone from consistent four somethings to 500s to plus 300s and sub 400s consecutively, why isn't that progress ?

Progress occurs in stages and over time with trends and numbers, and the numbers say as bad as it is and as bad as it has been it won't get worse and is getting better,should we be like headless chickens running around aimlessly in circles at every murder report or should we look at the trends and acknowledge that we are indeed making progress and try to maintain that trajectory ?

bravos 2021-10-26 19:10:45 

It is far from alarming that individuals who chose a certain lifestyle are being killed by each other on the fringes in some dark allies and shit turf..that's not alarming at all..

What would be alarming is decent law abiding citizens getting gunned down at work, in traffic, the movies, the supermarket, the boulevard, at the concert, even your kids at school, and in all the nice places, what about active MPs being murdered at town meetings etc.. or young ladies, children and even the infirmed being targeted and slaughtered by any number of psychos from all walks of life, now that's alarming !

Save your alarm bro, you will have a lot to be alarmed about in your own neck of the woods I guarantee you. Where I'm from you just have to walk on the right side of the road and you're good, we know who get's killed mostly here and why. ..

sgtdjones 2021-10-26 19:56:04 

Five killed, cop shot as mayhem continues

Four people were killed on Monday night, and two others – including a police constable – were wounded in Carapo and Wallerfield.
A fifth was killed today.When the suspects began assaulting one of the people at the mini mart, the officer and the businessman pulled out their weapons.There was an exchange in gunfire, and the suspects ran.

At about the same time, police also responded to a double homicide along Jokhan Trace, Carapo.
Richie Raghoo, 33, and Nyron Phillip, 42, were liming with a group of friends at a home along Jokhan Trace, when a hooded man entered the garage.
Without warning the man pulled out a firearm and shot at everyone in the garage.A 21-year-old was shot in the hands and legs.

Link Text

In an SOE, you have over 336 dead and it's not alarming. What BS is this?

So we must compare it to Jamaica ?...why ? We are looking at murder in T&T .Then make a BS statement about being alarmed, Their are women, children and the seniors being killed in T&T.

Why do Trini's bring up other countries when defending T&T? Just ignore this bobolee defense.

A new movement has sprung up in the island nation of Trinidad and Tobago, demanding an end to violence against women. But the government of the twin island state, just off the coast of Venezuela in the southern Caribbean, has been accused of ignoring a study’s recommendations to reduce murder and domestic abuse. Special correspondent Malcolm Brabant reports with help from cameraman Dylan Quesnel.

Link Text

154 women lost their lives to violence in three years

Wally-1 2021-10-26 20:50:09 

In reply to sgtdjones
Same so sah

bravos 2021-10-26 22:36:54 

Worry bout allyuh town ...and all the psychos that may gun you or your relatives down at church the movies or at school etc.

Don't tell me about some idiots in flip flops and dutty ole 3/4 pants killing each other in some shit areas...tell me about the killers that kill innocent productive people and tell me how you feel knowing that no matter how you live your life you are all just fair game to any number of psychos anywhere..

Not so in T&T.. live your life with dignity and respect and you're a boss here, even right in the middle of a bad area among gunmen..

And stinking stdJones mixing up bandits shot dead by law abiding citizens with bandit shooting bandit..that's not murder asshole..

And my reference to Jamaica was for perspective..if Jamaica rate is almost cut in half to T&Ts rate isn't that something to acknowledge and build on? Well in T&T were building on it and aiming to get out of the 20's/100,000, and wouldn't it be great if Jamaica can enter the 20s despite the fact that it would still represent hundreds killed ?

Steups..

sgtdjones 2021-10-27 03:23:22 

154 women lost their lives in 3 years ....bobolee

You are always bringing up Jamaica , just focus on T&T....

In an SOE you have over 340 dead ....can you understand that and claim T&T getting better ?

I see why you never graduated high school....

At about the same time, police also responded to a double homicide along Jokhan Trace, Carapo.
Richie Raghoo, 33, and Nyron Phillip, 42, were liming with a group of friends at a home along Jokhan Trace, when a hooded man entered the garage.
Without warning the man pulled out a firearm and shot at everyone in the garage.A 21-year-old was shot in the hands and legs.

Bobolee are the above not murders.... You really can't be this stupid are you?

Oh yes you are.............. rolleyes