The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Former Windies batsman Carlisle Best appointed to BCA selection panel

CaribbeanCricket.com 2021-11-04 14:20:24 

Former West Indies batsman Carlisle Best has been made a Barbados selector, reports coming out of Barbados said on Wednesday. The 62-year-old Best replaces Ronald Butcher, who has resigned his position from the Barbados selection panel.

According to cricket commentator and talk show host Andrew Mason, the members of the board of the Barbados Cricket Association voted unanimously in favour of Best’s addition to the selection panel.

Read more at SportsMax

Full Story

Curtis 2021-11-04 14:26:33 

Like this came in a Diwali vision that Best be appointed or is somebody retiring????

Dukes 2021-11-04 14:37:39 

I would not be surprised if Cyarllisle selected himself in the Bim team because even at his age he thinks he is better than the current crop!!!

lol lol lol lol lol lol

Slipfeeler 2021-11-04 15:00:08 

Back in the days, when Mona Campus played Cave Hill Campus in the intra-UWI cricket competition, my hall mate reported that Best jokingly exclaimed after every shot, " Iam Best man I am Best" A very sociable guy who was excited about his cricket. big grin big grin
How many players with the name Best played for B'dos.

openning 2021-11-04 15:03:01 

In reply to Slipfeeler
Tino is his nephew.

casiba 2021-11-05 05:24:03 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

I do not see Carlisle Best around. I was wondering where Bessie went. He lives in my neighbourhood but I have not seen Bessie for a while. We played cricket together @ NCF Office , West Terrace . Many Barbados and West Indies players played there and the list is long and includes Best's nephew -Tino Best,who played there as a lil boy 9 years old. Raymond Reifer, Adrian Griffith; Patterson Thompson and many more ; even Flectcher who is at the T20 world Cup and who will play the next game was a regular at West Terrace, St. James, Barbados. Andrew Mason use to show up and bowl his trundlers too

imusic 2021-11-05 05:29:04 

Bessie knows his cricket. Should be a good addition to the BCA selection panel.

Congrats!

ukusaisu 2021-11-08 22:12:44 

<snip>