And Tit teams too

Brerzerk 2021-11-08 00:30:14 

How 'tit' dat wuk out last time??

natty_forever 2021-11-08 01:33:47 

KMT

natty_forever 2021-11-08 01:34:14 

Pooram for ODI and T20.

VoopsandOut 2021-11-08 02:33:29 

been there done that absolute failure. The man is not captaincy material, whatever his merits as a player.

rillo 2021-11-08 02:54:05 

In reply to allan

What we have rotisserie players? Why rehash a failure to do what fail again?
Which player in the WI set up is holder a mentor to or which kid have he his experience to make him lift his game?

Jumpstart 2021-11-08 02:57:50 

In reply to allan

Maybe.....that will probably take WI cricket to its seemingly inevitable conclusion of extinction. Ent Tino wanted barbados to leave

Massy 2021-11-08 03:05:44 

Jason Holder is a very weak captain
He was given the job and he was a miserable failure
He Is an intelligent person but he simply cannot think on his feet
Plus, he has the propensity to play his friends
Look what he did in the last CPL he kept Walsh and Oshane Thomas out of the playing X1 and played his buddy Nurse .
He lacks imagination and is too lay back and a bit selfish too
Holder should not be ever considered for WI captaincy .
I think B’dos might be replacing him as captain soon.

Jumpstart 2021-11-08 03:14:12 

In reply to Massy

thank you

Windiesfan78 2021-11-08 05:27:39 

In reply to VoopsandOut

I have to agree. Holder has had his moments as captain, namely the test series against England in the Caribbean. He scored a double century with Dowrich at the other end, taking the team out of trouble and helping us to win the series. However, his record overall is poor and too often is not aggressive enough. He is risk adverse and has had more than enough oppotunities to get it right.

Halliwell 2021-11-08 08:30:01 

In reply to allan

Hahahahahahaha
Allan you is d best big grin

allan 2021-11-08 15:11:41 

In reply to Halliwell

Poorman isn’t ready for captaincy anytime soon
Halloween, the tits have been miserable failures in windies cricket

sudden 2021-11-08 15:16:22 

In reply to Massy

Not a bad assessment

I am on record as not a Holder captaincy fan. Often I called him a bit and pieces cricketer

However who was the last good cappo of WI and what was our record?

When did Holder captain Barbados?

Jumpstart 2021-11-08 15:17:04 

In reply to allan

neither is holder....and he had 6 years on the job

sudden 2021-11-08 15:22:20 

In reply to Jumpstart

Has Holder expressed a desire to be cappo again?

Is any journalist, admin or player advocating for him so to be?

sgtdjones 2021-11-08 15:27:52 

In reply to Jumpstart

Maybe.....that will probably take WI cricket to its seemingly inevitable conclusion of extinction. Ent Tino wanted barbados to leave

Ouch , nasty nasty.... lol

Jumpstart 2021-11-08 16:41:28 

In reply to sgtdjones

I only speak the truth sir....its in his collection of pages....me eh know if you could call dat a book

Jumpstart 2021-11-08 16:42:56 

In reply to sudden

Has Holder expressed a desire to be cappo again?

well he certainly was visibly displeased when he lost it......despite his visibly displeasing record

Larr Pullo 2021-11-08 16:43:56 

In reply to Jumpstart

At least JHolder was committed to WI cricket. Any new captain has to have that same level of commitment.

Larr Pullo 2021-11-08 16:44:03 

In reply to Jumpstart

At least JHolder was committed to WI cricket. Any new captain has to have that same level of commitment.

Jumpstart 2021-11-08 17:12:52 

In reply to Larr Pullo

At least JHolder was committed to WI cricket. Any new captain has to have that same level of commitment

committed because for a large portion of his career, he could not guarantee a long stay at an ipl franchise(he played one season with sunrisers in 2014, was ineffectual and 2016 with KKR, where he was again ineffectual). I cant remember him playing a game with chennai in 2013. When yuh only consistent means of livelihood is CWI exhausted and pillaged coffers, then you will do any dance they want. Make no mistake, Holder was a mediocre cricketer who made himself very good through hard work. He wasn't an explosive blockbuster talent like gayle, pollard, bravo or dre russ who would attract mind bending bids

Larr Pullo 2021-11-08 17:26:38 

In reply to Jumpstart

Except for Gayle and possibly Bravo, all those you named were journeyman cricketers who only flourished in club T20 because they took advantage of mostly crap bowling ont he IPL teams. Put on any good international spinner to only those two and see how fast their stumps get scattered.

Jumpstart 2021-11-08 17:35:07 

In reply to Larr Pullo

really.....gayyle only flourished at t20s? Once again, the stats don't support your outburst
Link Text
Holder ever score over 300 runs in an aussie test series down under? holder even have a test hundred vs the roos?

Dukes 2021-11-08 18:10:45 

It has been my experience that wicketkeepers rarely make good captains.They tend to be excellent vice-captains.
In addition, Pooran's wicketkeeping needs urgent attention and the burdens of captaincy may make that even more difficult.

Cricket_101 2021-11-09 00:58:58 

In reply to allan

I will totally support Jason to Captain all three formats…

openning 2021-11-09 01:15:21 

In reply to Jumpstart
The first time I payed attention to Jason Holder cricket was from a speech Barath made, after the U19 final.
I went home to see Kraigg debut, it was the final match between Barbados and T&T, during the match interview Andrian Barath spoke about the tournament, naming Jason Holder to be the player of the tournament.
That when I started following Jason's career.

Alan 2021-11-09 05:22:59 

In reply to allan
Paint only just got the captaincy months ago.Most children on here were cussing out Holder.Now yuh want Holder back again.Go into dee BACKROOM.That is fuh skylarking.Those who believe changing captains will solve all problems in West Indies cricket.(and yuh spell muh name wrong)
big grin

Windiesfan78 2021-11-09 06:02:56 

Jason Holder being captain will not stop the rot in this team. We have been there and done that and it makes no sense taking one step forward and two steps backwards. CWI cannot allow themselves to become a recycling plant. I have no problem with Pollard or Kraigg being the captain in the respective formats. I can also say that Pooran has done a very good job when he filled in. What we must accept as fans is that at the moment, we support a bang average team. Outside of Shai Hope in ODIs, name one batsman on our team with an average of close to 50 in any format. He has played 83 matches and his average is 52.9. That my friends is what we need to be getting out of our players.

Jumpstart 2021-11-09 16:39:30 

In reply to Windiesfan78

Jason Holder being captain will not stop the rot in this team

make no mistake. Holder is partially responsible for the rot of this team. Darren Sammy is another one who should take a portion of blame.

Onionman0 2021-11-09 16:53:01 

In reply to Jumpstart

make no mistake. Holder is partially responsible for the rot of this team. Darren Sammy is another one who should take a portion of blame.

You missed Carlos"Remember the name" Braithwaite....the T-20 Captain...
Pollard & Kraigg Braithwaite trying their best to undo the rot....under the able guidance of Simmons, the omnipresent ...selector cum head coach, Rody the Technical bowling coach and Monty the IPL renowned batting coach....

sudden 2021-11-09 16:54:07 

In reply to Jumpstart

Explain that? JHo responsible for rot?

Jumpstart 2021-11-09 17:24:40 

In reply to Onionman0

Well prior to this world cup, Pollard's captaincy has received very good reviews.
Link Text

Pollard's proactive, in-your-face captaincy won approval from the then Tridents coach Desmond Haynes as well as Viv Richards. Pollard then turned into a T20 gun for hire and even had run-ins with the West Indies administration.............Pollard's plan, however, reaped rewards in the ODI series opener in Chennai. Cottrell was moving the ball around - both in the air and off the seam - at Chepauk, and most captains would have preferred having a slip in such a scenario, but Pollard went against the grain. He whisked slip to short mid-off and blocked Kohli's straight drive. Cottrell then shortened his length and dared Kohli to dink the ball down through vacant slip. Kohli took the bait and chopped on for 4.

And when the inexperienced spinners, Hayden Walsh Jr. and Khary Pierre were operating, Pollard often stationed himself at mid-off or short-cover, helping them, in that moment and in international cricket. A two-month-long tour of India brings immense pressure, but Pollard was out there to protect West Indies' bright, young talents from the "vultures". That's the way he works. On the eve of the limited-overs series opener in Hyderabad, Pollard was asked if the CPL stars Brandon King and Walsh Jr. were ready to handle international cricket. Pollard quickly shot that question down, threw his weight behind them, and called for more patience with the youngsters.

Pollard's relationship with youngsters isn't too different from the one Tony Stark shares with Peter Parker in Spider Man: Homecoming. Just the way Tony mentors Peter and makes him believe that he's worthy enough to be an Avenger, Pollard has created a nurturing environment for West Indies' newbies.

which is why he's probably going to keep the captaincy. Jason on the other hand would rather carry a tem with a few passengers that he can manage rather that an actual good team with some personalities. That is the mark of a very poor leader. He had no problem captaining 2nd string sides with failures like Kemroy Peters, RTN and Nurse than actual good teams.

sudden 2021-11-09 17:32:19 

In reply to Jumpstart

And do the WC results endorse Pouty’s leadership abilities, notwithstanding the great team he led?

Jumpstart 2021-11-09 17:45:18 

In reply to sudden

hoss anybody could have a bad world cup. India only beat associates and a new full member. According to pollard...it happens and life goes on. Our style that has given us two world cups has been found wanting on slow middle eastern wickets.

sudden 2021-11-09 17:49:27 

In reply to Jumpstart

Well that is an excuse. I am sure you will flesh that out some more in the coming weeks

Onionman0 2021-11-09 17:57:32 

In reply to Jumpstart

although they had just one trophy to show for in four series against Afghanistan and India, there are enough signs that this is now Pollard's team.

Lost T-20 series to Afghanistan on that tour,..

Great leader Pollard Mr.Average 12..., visionary coach cum selector Simmons.... Ex-Canada and IPL batting coach Monty, Technical bowling coach Rody and team of legends..We finish with one win & next year hopefully, we qualify to play super 12 round...

Jumpstart 2021-11-09 18:07:07 

In reply to Onionman0

Afghanistan is an okay t2o side.....most of the matches they play are t20s. Jason holder wasn't on the end of two enormous beatings from AB and a qualifiers loss to the same team in the WCQ? Ent de big idiot didn't fire him? the fact that jason lost so many matches with poor sides is his fault. Did he say something when the best batsman on his side was exiled by de big idiot?

sudden 2021-11-09 18:34:15 

In reply to Jumpstart

That is becoming a very tired excuse. Time to come with another. Work on every team can lose at the WC or the pitches didn’t suit our type of batting

Onionman0 2021-11-09 18:52:22 

In reply to Jumpstart

By your own admission abad side lost to Afghanistan under Holder...After what happened to the great side lead by Mr.Average 12..in 2021 World Cup.....it would be quite interesting to see what happens to the qualifier of 2022 & 2023... hopefully, Jumpy would still be defending the indefensible......

Jumpstart 2021-11-09 19:06:50 

In reply to Onionman0

a bad side holder was happy with.......jason never fought bravo's exile and was happy to go in to battle with guys like RTN( who average 16 and 14 with the bat in ODIs ad t20s respectively;41 and 32 with the ball) and nurse(21 and 19 in odis and t20s with the bat and 39 and 43 with the ball). That is who holder wanted over pollard and bravo, proven world class performers. Holder is not and will never be skipper material

Onionman0 2021-11-09 19:45:41 

In reply to Jumpstart

That is who holder wanted over pollard and bravo, proven world class performers.

Pollard" Mr. Average 12" a World class performer...... lol lol lol

Jumpstart 2021-11-09 19:47:06 

In reply to Onionman0

well the IPL and the leagues all over the world pay big money to have him. They does pay RTN to commentate and visit schools as his last ipl stint petered out into(glorified mascot duties)

sudden 2021-11-09 19:53:21 

In reply to Jumpstart

That is why Pouty, Bravo etc should have remained plying their trade in IPL and stop confusing WI cricket

Jumpstart 2021-11-09 22:48:24 

In reply to sudden

maybe WI administrators must stop feeling they are running one big tourist resort and treat the players with some respect and pay them what they're worth. Cameron thought that he was still running Dunn's river waterfalls

sgtdjones 2021-11-09 22:56:58 

In reply to Jumpstart

lol lol lol

sudden 2021-11-09 23:32:40 

In reply to Jumpstart

Now that Skerritt is the big kahuna I suppose they are being paid a king’s ransom for their services, such as it is

Windiesfan78 2021-11-10 00:18:53 

I would like Jason Holder to concentrate on his overall game. He is not captain material but he can step up and mentor the youngsters in the team. He has shown that he can make valuable contributions lower down the order and has helped the team get over the line with his experience.

allan 2021-11-10 00:55:59 

In reply to Alan

Haha paint should never have gotten the captaincy
He doesn't even make the team on merit

Massy 2021-11-10 03:23:25 

I’m surprised that people who follow WI cricket is calling for Holder to be returned as WI captain .
He had a very, very poor run as captain before where he failed miserable. Lots of people calling for his return as captain on this Blog were calling for his removal .
What has changed now?
Holder a very intelligent young man who lacks captaincy acumen . He cannot motivate his team,he is not a team player, he cannot think on his feet, he plays his friends (like Nurse)
He will benefit both himself and WI cricket if he is kept far, far away from the captaincy in any of the 3 formats .

Leggully 2021-11-10 09:57:31 

In reply to Jumpstart

Committed because for a large portion of his career, he could not guarantee a long stay at an IPL

There many thing you can fault JHO for but not his commitment to West Indies cricket.
Why do you always make the IPL the gold standard for world cricket, it is not. In the T20 world cup India with all their IPL cricketers could only beat the Minos, the West Indies with their so call IPL stars Gayle, Pollard, Bravo Russell could only scrape a win against Bangladesh.
Look at the teams in the semi of the WC and identify how many of them regularly play in the IPL

Holder was a mediocre cricketer who made himself very good through hard work

You know I wish we had more West Indian cricketers who would fall into that category West Indies cricket would be a lot better for it.

Maybe WI administrators must stop feeling they are running one big tourist resort and treat the players with some respect and pay them what they're worth

After their performance in the T20 world cup, what are their worth to CWI and the people of the caribbean?

That is who holder wanted over pollard and bravo, proven world class performer

Is this the IPL you are referring to again because if I look at their ODI or T20i stats I would not say they are world class performers?

Windiesfan78 2021-11-10 10:31:32 

Jason Holder's batting average in tests is 32 while Kraigg Brathwaite's as an opener is 32.7. For Kraigg that is simply not good enough. However, at the moment who is a better choice in leading the test side. Pollard's ODI batting average is slightly higher than Holder's. However, Holder is a better allrounder than Pollard. He was rated as the no.1 allrounder at one point. Though the stats show that Holder is a better cricketer overall, the aforementioned are better leaders.

sudden 2021-11-10 10:50:12 

In reply to Massy

Name 3 bloggers here calling for JHo to be cappo again

Unnuh does really talk some Shoite

So JHo is no a team player and plays his friends like Nurse?

Show where he is not a team player and is he responsible for selecting the team although I will concede as cappo he would have influence and r u telling me that in comparison Pouty is a team player and doesn’t pick his friends?

Halliwell 2021-11-10 11:23:39 

In reply to sudden

And how I know a blogger from a non blogger on dis site???!
You moving so much is about tree seats you taking lol lol lol

JHo, no, maybe, pick fren also, pick fren less, commitment, red herring, nex one, not pick team, maybe pick team little big grin

sudden 2021-11-10 14:22:35 

In reply to Halliwell

You lost me there, wanker

openning 2021-11-10 14:56:51 

In reply to Jumpstart
Dude, Holder's captaincy is yesterday's news.
Why continue bringing Barbados players into every discussion you are involve in?

VoopsandOut 2021-11-10 23:56:26 

i would much prefer to see Holder continue to develop his batting and bowling skills esp in test cricket where a good performance from him always makes a difference for WI than getting into a captaincy tussle again. Anyone just needs to look at the tapes from this year CPL. He was woeful as captain. His one good series was when Pybus, whom he obviously respected, was with him and as soon as that partnershp buss, he was back to his listless self.