The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Whither West Indies

Dukes 2021-11-09 23:00:36 

When the team to tour Pakistan for 3 ODI's and 3 T 20's is announced we will get a good idea as to whether we are serious, analytic and thoughtful or not.
Our first clue will be if the selection panel remains the same.
The next step is if the captain remains the same.I would be shocked if Gayle is in the team because it is obvious to me that Gayle is not interested in going to Pakistan.
The next decision is what to do with Lendl Simmons.He will soon be 37 and seems to be near the end of his career.
I do not expect either Sherfane Rutherford or Odean Smith to be in the team because (repeat after me) "They have not met the fitness standards"!!!!
What about Romario Shepherd and Dominic Drakes? Have they given up on Brandon King and has Chanderpaul Hemraj........(met the fitness standards).
Andre Russell of the 25 run World Cup needs to go to Milk River Bath and heal and there should not be any more saluting on the cricket field but it should stay at Uppark Camp..
The presence of Lil B would suggest that the patient(selectors) have incurable madness.
Persisting with the Spiceman would show that God does indeed work in mysterious ways.
And what about Oshane? Will he be asked to continue his increasingly skillful crossword puzzle solving while the others run around chasing and retrieving balls from the boundary?
Spare a thought for Obed whose shin splints needs to be worked on by my Haitian friends as modern medicine seems at a loss and unable to help him.
Will Rolston continue his duck farming experiences or will he recapture the form of 3 or so years ago?
Finally will Big Phil start using his CPAP machine or alternatively undergo liposuction in order to stay awake and experience the torture of watching more Wi collapses live and direct.
Stay tuned as more episodes of the saga of West Indies cricket continues.

Selah

openning 2021-11-09 23:12:38 

In reply to Dukes
The selectors contract is extended for the next couple of months.
The CEO has explained it on the Mason show.

sgtdjones 2021-11-09 23:20:25 

In reply to Dukes

Finally will Big Phil start using his CPAP machine

Phil noted the CPAP machine doesn't work but he is eating less ice-cream

cool

sudden 2021-11-09 23:36:12 

In reply to Dukes

You keep mentioning Oshame. What do you see in him that Powen doesn’t?

WIfan26 2021-11-09 23:55:36 

In reply to Dukes

You making way too much sense!!! You already know CWI doesn't operate with that mechanism in mind!!! The shit show is sure to continue!!!

Dukes 2021-11-10 00:24:19 

In reply to sudden

Was Oshane bowling a lot of no-balls=NO
Was Oshane going at 10 runs per over=NO
Did Oshane cause us to lose any matches=NO

OSHANE THUS GETS A PASSING GRADE!!!!!

ONE GOOD TOUR DESERVES ANOTHER.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

sudden 2021-11-10 00:32:36 

In reply to Dukes

I hear you can’t prove a negative but you just tried big grin

imusic 2021-11-10 00:43:51 

In reply to Dukes

Seems like you should pick the team. And captain. And coach. Surely you'll do a better job cool

Norm 2021-11-10 02:51:23 

Whither do you expect them go with a small pool of players, no national pride, very inadequate infrastructure and a proven incompetent administration? Are you suggesting that there is a magic combination of players that could overcome all the challenges? Thus, all we have to do is keep changing the combinationts?

Well, WI cricket will go nowhere, but Barbados cricket might. Guyana cricket too might, if they borrow some ideas from the Bajans.
WI cricket will go the way of Zim and Bermuda cricket. It has already begun, with the the needing to play a preliminary round to qualify for the next T20 World Cup.

Norm 2021-11-10 03:11:51 

In reply to sudden

That Oshane doesn't have a blowhole in the top of his head.