Chrissy 2021-11-14 15:52:16 

Dis murder rate is out of control but
Di SOEs won't work. SOEs are not crime policy

Curtis 2021-11-14 16:19:12 

In reply to Chrissy

It's depressing seeing the JA news

Chrissy 2021-11-14 16:31:28 

In reply to Curtis
Bro I was talking wid a brethren this morning - the district constable was shot in his car literally outside his bedroom window by Buttercup Park. The DC was visit his girlfriend who lived next door to my brethren.
Depressing is an understatement - Mona is considered a safe neighborhood. This was 9.30pm Friday night.

nitro 2021-11-14 16:34:42 

In reply to Chrissy
It is scary. What is driving this murder rate? Scamming?

hubert 2021-11-14 16:38:39 

In reply to Chrissy
Sad to say this..but I don't think Jamaica's murder/crime rate will become anywhere palatable.
Perhaps if some leaders/politicians are taken out,things will become better.
Then and only,real solutions will be found and effected.
However I have no hope of that either .Clueless is the name of this game.

When I read of convicted murderers getting parole and doing less than 15 years,I give up.

Chrissy 2021-11-14 16:43:59 

In reply to nitro

Don't know but when murderous young men are kicking around the head of a victim like a football, you've got serious problems - this is depraved behaviour

Brerzerk 2021-11-14 16:49:51 

She's are just knee-jerk reactions of the only way they know how to repond
But it is only an old vestige of a British system that was used to put down restrictions to colonial rule

nitro 2021-11-14 16:54:34 

In reply to Chrissy

I was told by the apparent victim of a huge scam that when he provided the names of the alleged scammers their response was be careful, these are dangerous people.

I get the feeling the police know them. If so why are these criminals not behind bars?

XDFIX 2021-11-14 17:02:23 

In reply to Chrissy

In a country where the government is providing housing solutions where 97% of the population cannot afford the mortgage then you know you have a failed state!

Chrissy 2021-11-14 17:21:24 

In reply to XDFIX

Despite that out of price range monstrosity on Ruthven Road, I think the NHT is getting a bad rap.
Thousands of people who would never have owned a home now own one because of the NHT. What is more, if you are not using your NHT contributions, you can reclaim them. I found it a meaningful savings plan - the interest was next to nothing but collecting all your contributions at the end of every year or after several years sure didn't hurt me.

Where I have a problem (and it is with both parties) is when they borrow money from the NHTs contributors funds for spending that has nothing to do with the NHTs mandate.

Chrissy 2021-11-14 17:23:12 

In reply to nitro

Hell gwin pop because the courts have ruled against the SOEs as unconstitutional. Only the Judicial branch has the right to detain Jamaican citizens.

Brerzerk 2021-11-14 18:15:15 

In reply to Chrissy
Joe Biden would describe that as a big ............ Deal

lol lol

Regarding NHT Lots of Hotels even including some of Butch's used NHT money as the govt's
share of the investment. Don't know the returns on it or how much mgt./board clout it gave them.

camos 2021-11-14 19:39:08 

It is time to suspend NHT deductions and let the institution continue on the results of management.

XDFIX 2021-11-14 20:09:49 

In reply to Brerzerk

Lisa Hanna has an interesting piece here

Chrissy 2021-11-14 20:25:42 

In reply to XDFIX

Good read

Wally-1 2021-11-15 05:08:42 

The Governments, past and present, are clueless in fighting crime.

camos 2021-11-15 18:12:04 

Didn't Deputy PM made a claim less than 6 months ago that they had people with the "know how" they do not need any foreign advisers? Until politicians stop being the allies of criminals, both white collar and ordinary, nothing will change.

hubert 2021-11-15 20:07:59 

In reply to camos
Nail meets hammer.

razz

Chrissy 2021-11-15 20:43:47 

In reply to camos

Yuh talking about leepy? wink

np 2021-11-15 21:14:03 

In reply to Chrissy

this is depraved behaviour

Chrissy et al, -- this is real time depravity. Its not anymore like comic book story of yonder years. Camos touch it ...
there is too much alignment with GOVT officials and the "bad bway dem" -- as well as govt in league with man dem like Ruel Reid - who leaking the finance coffers while under big malfeasance charges and NOT in JAIL yet. A man like dat should be in a small jail cell and being flogged for the bullshit he did. I would be willing just to bust his ass properly. Him and the others like him - dem draining the coffers after major crimes - what the hell work suh!!

Yuh cant claim to be fighting CRIME and these ass-holes living pretty still after major crimes --- others are watching and waiting to get their break too. The Shytstem is built now to favor robbers and gunmen VERSUS hardworking peoles - who cant get a break.

Chrissy 2021-11-15 23:34:10 

In reply to np
Simple bro - there are criminals in the government.

The really sad part of rme is that the beneficiaries of Manley's education policies continue to loot the entire sphere of education -Marine institute, Heart, Food Program and other areas of the Ministry of Education.

It is a disgrace.

Wally-1 2021-11-16 06:32:32 

In reply to np

as well as govt in league with man dem like Ruel Reid - who leaking the finance coffers while under big malfeasance charges and NOT in JAIL yet. A man like dat should be in a small jail cell and being flogged for the bullshit he did. I would be willing just to bust his ass properly. Him and the others like him - dem draining the coffers after major crimes - what the hell work suh!!

Same so, a teef is a teef period, whether red green gold or horange.

Facters should rot in jail, instead they're out in pursuit of another prey, where are the consequences you ask.

nitro 2021-11-16 09:17:20 

You elect a Gang, expect crime to rise.
The SOEs were announced all over social media before Holness announced them.

Man dem mek sure their boys got out before babylon rope een.

problemjay 2021-11-17 12:53:51 

In reply to Chrissy

How true is this? Link Text

nitro 2021-11-17 14:00:18 

In reply to problemjay

Based on the reputation of these politicians to hide the real facts I highly doubt that number 2 ranking. Would not be surprised we are number one by a mile.