Jumpstart 2021-11-14 17:28:34 

Most boring wt20 final ever.

allan 2021-11-14 17:32:50 

Bullshit
Proper bowling and not all cowlashing
Showed you we missed a trick picking bits and pieces

Windiesfan78 2021-11-14 17:52:58 

In reply to Jumpstart

I agree, it wasn't even close and I am bitter because the Aussies finally won as expected. The ruthless batting from Australia didn't make it much of a contest.

Barry 2021-11-14 17:55:18 

In reply to allan
Maxwell does bat proper?

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Emir 2021-11-14 18:35:07 

In reply to Jumpstart

Agreed!

Overthrow 2021-11-14 20:02:31 

After two very exciting semifinals, the final didn’t offer the same excitement.

Jumpstart 2021-11-14 20:19:10 

In reply to allan

So samuel badree wasn't legspin in the last final? Samuels two master innings in 2012 and 2016 wasn't proper cricket? Outta here with that rubbish

Alan 2021-11-14 21:00:07 

In reply to Jumpstart
I disagree.OZ and Kiwis mek Pouty and his inadequate ageing boys look like the dunces of cricket.A quality final.

Jumpstart 2021-11-14 21:13:03 

In reply to Alan

Quality please.....NZ were out of it when they didn't get over 180. Proper cricket? Yih mean a proper beatdown. NZ was manhandled. The bary made a contest of it

openning 2021-11-14 21:33:30 

I missed most of the NZ inning, I was up late watching our ladies.
Warner and Mitchell Marsh took it to the New Zealand bowlers, and boy the running between wicket, showed the fitness of the Aussies.

Jumpstart 2021-11-14 21:49:28 

In reply to openning

From the time Australia showed any aggression, NZ got scared. Would have been a better final for NZ if it was Pakistan or England they were playing

openning 2021-11-14 21:58:55 

In reply to Jumpstart
The Aussies are use to winning, I was in Barbados and Antigua during the 2007 WC, I remember being in the washroom in Oistin on the Friday night before the final, the Aussie fans were cocky then, and cocky now.
I was hoping for a NZ victory, but Australia is a well prepared cricket organization.

Jumpstart 2021-11-14 22:09:56 

In reply to openning

The only team that could beat Australia when it really matters is the WI. Has historically been that way. I guess the beatings from the 80s chastened with us. The last games that we have played against them in World cups were matches we won or should have won. The two Wt20 beat downs in 2012 and 2014. And when we had australia 80-5in the 2019 world cup. That was the first time in ages I saw genuine fear in the eyes of an Aussie top order. I dunno why Jason didn't press the gas and put them out of their misery. Instead, he lets them off by bringing on Ashley Nurse. Even in the run chase, we should have won that game. We had enough wickets. They just wanted to swing for the hills and ended up losing, by very few but still losing. But there was a rationale for that tactic. The Aussies were intimidating the umpires into making wrong decisions by appealing for everything. I think four wrong decisions were overturned in that game and Gayle was dismissed of what was supposed to be a free hit

Windiesfan78 2021-11-14 22:19:30 

Australia was the better team on the day. Boult was New Zealand's best bowler by a country mile as seen by his two wickets at an economy rate of 4.50. Those are fantastic bowling figures. He didn't get the support he needed as Australia ripped into the bowling. There were too many wide deliveries by the Kiwis which were punished by Warner and Marsh. Also, it could have been over even faster if Hazelwood didn't drop Kane, who played brilliantly afterwards. I knew 172 was never going to be enough to challenge Australia after they chased down more against Pakistan in the semis.

openning 2021-11-14 22:25:30 

In reply to Jumpstart
I

guess the beatings from the 80s chastened with us.

I assume you have not studied Cricket Australia and Australia ministry of sports.
I have been writing about CA on this board for sometime.
That country develop cricketers from the grass root level, competing in sports is just like studying law, medicine or any profession to Australians.

Jumpstart 2021-11-14 22:41:20 

In reply to openning

I believe i have written about the about the Australian system many times on this thread before. But its a fact that the only time Australia has scored clear victories over the WI in World cups in the last 20 years were in the 2007 world cup, where only Lara stood up, and the 2010 WT20....and well if course this year's edition of the tournanent. WI should have won the 96 semi, should have definitely beaten them in 2019 and did beat them to a pulp in 2012 and 2014.

Australia is not that good a cricket side..... in any of the formats of the game anymore. India has beaten them at home twice and they have not won against SA at home since 2006.

openning 2021-11-14 22:55:57 

In reply to Jumpstart
I follow International T20 series, not the various leagues, it reminds me of tiffing Stanford.
During the Stanford years we produced a number of T20 players, Stanford had the finance to pay every Island players, along with a number of our legends.
We had a number of players in leagues.
At present very few young West Indies T20 players are starting in the IPL, and most of the other leagues are not drafting our players.
I more look at that, than to focus on players that have been around from the Stanford era.
Pooran, Lewis and Hetmyer, are the only young West Indies players, in a starting X1 in the IPL, our players used to be sort after, that's long gone.

openning 2021-11-14 23:00:31 

In reply to Jumpstart

Australia is not that good a cricket side..... in any of the formats of the game anymore. India has beaten them at home twice and they have not won against SA at home since 2006.

With India population and money paid into cricket, India should be winning more world cups.
South Africa still suffer from a race problem.

imusic 2021-11-15 00:59:58 

In reply to openning

Pooran, Lewis and Hetmyer, are the only young West Indies players, in a starting X1 in the IPL, our players used to be sort after, that's long gone.

That didn’t happen in a vacuum.

Bravo was already an established player along with Gayle in IPL

But Pollard and Narine got to the IPL based on their performances for T&T in the Airtel T20 championship. Narine was selected for WI only AFTER he was selected to play IPL

Even Lendl Simmons got to IPL based on performances for T&T. Not West Indies. And helped Mumbai Indians to titles on 2 occasions in the process.

Later on Badree was only selected for WI after he had established himself for T&T in international competition.

Players like Dwayne Smith and Andre Russell made their name based on playing for West Indies…..but that was pretty much it. Marlon Samuels was let go after not doing much. Sammy was a likeable figurehead that never really did anything in IPL.

WICB banned Kemar Roach from BBL and that was it for him in T20 cricket.

VoopsandOut 2021-11-15 01:10:30 

In reply to imusic
The only current young world class T20 player we have currently apart from those three (Lewis, Hetmeyer and Pooran) is Allen who is very unlucky having missed a CPL and now a World Cup. He has a lot of natural talent but may very well end up undercooked unless he starts to play some FC cricket. All the other young names, and I rank McCoy, Hosein and Smith first among them, need some experience and opportunity.

imusic 2021-11-15 01:35:10 

In reply to VoopsandOut

Rutherford is already at IPL. So too Oshane Thomas, altho both not currently in the starting XI

Kemo Paul was recently there. So too Cotterell. They’ve fallen back a bit but could return.

Hosein MIGHT get a look in. He has a chance because he’s not a one dimensional cricketer. He’s excellent in the field as well.

Odean Thomas, Dominic Drakes, Obed Mckoy, all have potential and need to work on other aspects of their game, especially fielding.

carl0002 2021-11-15 02:05:06 

The game has been predictable since before the semi-final. Most important factor in the games were the toss. Win toss, field, win game with an over to spare.

FanAttick 2021-11-15 02:06:02 

In reply to imusic

Odean Thomas, Dominic Drakes, Obed Mckoy, all have potential and need to work on other aspects of their game, especially fielding.

Is Odean Thomas related to Oshane Smith? lol

openning 2021-11-15 02:32:23 

In reply to imusic

ST. JOHN’S, Antigua (WICB) — West Indies Players In IPL 2014.

Chennai Super Kings: Dwayne Bravo (retained), Dwayne Smith (750k), Samuel Badree (50k).
Kolkata Knight Riders: Sunil Narine (retained), Andre Russell (100k).
Mumbai Indians: Kieron Pollard (retained), Krishmar Santokie (50k).
Royal Challengers Bangalore: Chris Gayle (retained), Ravi Rampaul (150k).
Rajasthan Royals: Kevon Cooper (50k).
Sun Risers Hyderbad: Darren Sammy (583k), Jason Holder (125k)

Total: 12 players

Notes:

In the 2013 season there were 14 players in the IPL.
3 of those 14 players have not gained selection in 2014: Marlon Samuels, Christopher Barnwell and Fidel Edwards.
Santokie is the only new West Indian face in the IPL.

I saw this list, what about Charles, Fletcher, Denesh Ramdin and your favourite Jason Mohammed, did they not played in the IPL?
Link Text

WestDem 2021-11-15 03:09:10 

In reply to imusic

How come never answer to jumpy? Are you yet again being a military personnel officer of this website? lol lol lol

imusic 2021-11-15 04:53:40 

In reply to openning

Jason Mohammed played IPL?

You need to wake up bruh