The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

It’s About Time…

Brundog 2021-11-22 16:24:06 

We have to stop this nonsense experiment and put our best players to play all formats of the game.
Pooran, Hetmyer , Bravo etc

Leggully 2021-11-22 16:54:03 

In reply to Brundog
Post an 11 of our best test players

bobby 2021-11-22 17:01:02 

In reply to Brundog

Yawn. Cricket is dead and ded in the West Indies. There is little interest and those few who are interested have no brain, dedication or discipline and all lack basic technique.
If you will continue to live in the past, take the advice of Sir Viv and go to youtube and watch videos of the glory years.

Windiesfan78 2021-11-22 17:11:00 

In reply to Brundog

All of the aforementioned players are talented enough to be playing all formats. The problem is how do you fit all of them into a test team at once. Da Silva is a better keeper than Pooran for starters. Then who do you drop to accommodate Bravo and Hetmyer. Bonner has one of the highest averages in this team at the moment. If Bonner is not performing I could see Bravo replacing him. However, Bravo hasn't done much of late and is not the best fielder as evidenced in him dropping sitters. Hetmyer is not going to get into the team ahead of Chase or Mayers who are allrounders. I can only see one at a time.

Brundog 2021-11-22 18:06:32 

In reply to bobby
Hope
Braithwaite
Bravo
Hetmyer
Pooran
Chase
Holder
De Silva
Joseph
Roach
Seales

Reserves
Lewis
Cornwall
Myers
Bonner
Gabriel
Blackwood

Leggully 2021-11-22 18:52:14 

In reply to Brundog
OK Mate The reason for asking you to name your 11 is because I was looking for something radical but all you have done was either listed all the players on tour or are currently in the test setup, nothing new with exception adding Pooran, Hetmyer , Bravo and Lewis and I could sit here and pick holes in their selections like Lewis & Pooran probably played less than 5 FC matches between them in the last five years and if I list Hetmyer & Bravo last 10 test innings you may be surprise. BTW I am not saying they shouldnt be in the mix, but just changing personnel is probably not gooing to change long term outcomes. Our performances are poor in all formats.
Look at the names in out T20 WC team yet we could only scrape a win against Bangladesh. Why? Something needs to be done from the top down. look at this, HEADLINE: Windies' Russell, Powell shine in Abu Dhabi T10. These type of headlines will probably continue to the next WC and then what????