granite 2021-11-24 10:23:48 

Couldn't do any worse!!! cry

doosra 2021-11-24 10:24:23 

In reply to granite

remember ragoo?
big grin

Emir 2021-11-24 11:50:08 

In reply to granite

Solonzano has a very bright future in test cricket, he will do very well.

TanteMerle 2021-11-24 11:51:19 

Yes he could and I am going on record as saying

HE WOULD HAVE DONE WORSE!!

You fans need to wake up.

rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

doosra 2021-11-24 11:51:50 

In reply to Emir

based on what

?

tallest midget in the pack? big grin

sudden 2021-11-24 11:52:18 

In reply to granite

as a matter of probability, he can

he should be glad he isnt playing becos the next player is the best player until he plays

WIForever 2021-11-24 11:56:13 

In reply to Emir

How do you reckon he will do this against top class international bowling?
His 1st Class stats against average bowling.
2013–20
40 matches
1686 runs
23.4 average

Emir 2021-11-24 12:02:45 

In reply to WIForever

Stats is meaningless in out set up- If you use stats then you won't pick anyone period.

So what you use is gut and intuition.

Do you remember a player by the name of Mohinder Amaranath from India? If yes, surely you must remember the debate when he was deemed not test worthy for his stats which was considerably less than other Indian batters in their first class system?

Well Mohinder when on to become arguably India's bravest batter, and one of their top 10 of all time and if an Indian best test team is ever selected, he will be alongside Gavaskar, Kapi Dev, Dravid and perhaps ahead of Tendulkar.

And then more recently, David Warner of Australia serves as another example. I'll give you another- Inzi Ul Haq, no first class cricket to talk about with Imran plucked him.

WE NEED TO GIVE SOLONZANO A CHANCE.

WIForever 2021-11-24 12:20:05 

In reply to Emir

I get your point but as much as I would love Solo to do well, I find it difficult to see as a possibility in modern times where your technical game is quickly found out. He has had 8 years @ FC level. He is a bottom of the barrel pick that you seriously can’t compare to Amarnath. Amarnath struggled to hold his place on the Indian many times. Always putting in the hard yards at FC level to get a recall.
At international level, he was brave and foolish at the same time. Kept hooking. Hadlee fractured his skull and Thompson knocked his teeth out. Those were the days when batsmen watched the ball far closer.

dayne 2021-11-24 13:51:29 

Hopefully Solozano is ready for the second Test, so he can replace one of the proven failures. It is hard to watch the continue failing of Hope, it has to be something mental and poor awareness.

granite 2021-11-24 14:25:25 

In reply to Emir

None ah dem want Solozano but they are short of telling us who should be their choice,anyway what's the big deal,if the boy fails to do good then he joins all the other failures we know.Why not give him the long run like Powell there are others who are now enjoying long runs,is Solozano different from the rest because he is Trini.I wish they can STFU and give him the chance,I'll bet if he was from a different island they wouldn't be so nasty.

sudden 2021-11-24 14:28:03 

In reply to granite

tosser, wasnt Solo selected for this match?

rillo 2021-11-24 14:33:57 

In reply to WIForever

And some of the current big names how are they doing? Show their stats.
better yet show only those with above 40 average over last 2 years.

VoopsandOut 2021-11-24 15:38:12 

Since Hope has done nothing to redeem himself, it would be really unfair if he keeps his place before a fit Solozano. Give the man his own chance to fail, I say.

carl0002 2021-11-24 16:23:22 

In reply to sudden

he should be glad he isnt playing becos the next player is the best player until he plays

Thats the WI fan for you....

big grin big grin big grin