Covid hits - how many you know tested positive?

Pages: previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  next 
link Brerzerk Joined: Mar 15, 2021
1/11/22, 10:34:52 PM 
RedD you gonn be alright bro.
Thanks Walco and let's just imagine that your friend actually picked up the virus on the plane. Unlikely but possible

link analyst-kid Joined: Feb 21, 2003
1/14/22, 12:14:06 PM 
I TESTED positive in December and only now returned here to CCC. plenty fatigue and loss of smell were my main syptoms.

link openning Joined: Nov 12, 2002
1/14/22, 12:16:43 PM 
In reply to analyst-kid

I am glad you are well.
Were you Vaxxed before getting Covid?

link Curtis Joined: Dec 3, 2002
1/14/22, 2:02:42 PM 
In reply to analyst-kid

Welcome back bro.

Sounds like you had Delta rather than Omicron,not that I know.

6 people that I hung out with tested positive in Bim over the New Year.

link Brerzerk Joined: Mar 15, 2021
1/14/22, 9:51:40 PM 
I got posted yesterday with Moderna to go with my last March JnJ. No ill effects

1/16/22, 8:43:50 AM 
Just heard of a family that didn't take any vaccines for whatever reason, got infected and the dad barely survived, was in hospital for 3 weeks with oxygen etc.

So while vaccinated people can get infected, they have a great shot at recovery, age and previous medical issues not withstanding.

link analyst-kid Joined: Feb 21, 2003
1/17/22, 1:56:11 PM 
In reply to openning

I wasnt vaxxed. Just like my calypso colleagues Gabby and Grynner who both tested positive also.

link mikesiva Joined: Jan 11, 2007
1/17/22, 2:54:56 PM 
In reply to Curtis

I don't understand this obsession with ivermectin.

British conspiracy theorists try to tell me that Japanese rates are low because of it.

I tell them that my son has lived in Japan for nearly five years, and never heard of it. His wife has never received ivermectin. No members of her family received it either.

None of them caught Covid, because of the measures Japan has taken. Nothing to do with this ivermectin nonsense!

link openning Joined: Nov 12, 2002
1/17/22, 3:33:32 PM 
In reply to analyst-kid
I am glad you are well.

link voiceofreason Joined: Jan 19, 2004
1/17/22, 4:04:33 PM 
In reply to analyst-kid Glad to hear that you are alive and well! Wish the best for Gabby! Love his music! Grynner had some good tunes too.

Work on a Kaiso!

I deal with dozens of people daily and thank God I have never gotten the virus. I rarely catch the flu either.

I do take care of my body and I take the necessary precautions without being overly cautious. No large gatherings for now.

Now my employee who is very young and fully vaxxed contracted it. She had all the symptoms even down to the shortness of breath. She was under a lot of stress with her mother's sickness and eventual funeral so that may have left her vulnerable. She will be fine though. In the business I am in every other call someone tested positive and most fully vaxxed. This does not discriminate and I really do not understand why the unvaxxed are being discriminated against.

Speaking of my employee's mom who was unvaxxed. She got diagnosed late with leukemia and had to do chemo in the USA. She caught pneumonia after it then had lung and heart complications and even had a pacemaker implant. Was retuned home and died within a week. She tested positive here for the virus and so her death was deemed as from covid.

Now you all see why I don't trust the system?

link steveo Joined: Apr 30, 2007
1/17/22, 4:27:16 PM 
Guyana had 9 covid deaths yesterday, 5 were fully vaccinated

link voiceofreason Joined: Jan 19, 2004
1/17/22, 5:25:25 PM 
In reply to steveo Not surprising. This was never the pandemic of the unvaccinated. I want to bet that they will tell you that the 5 vaccinated persons had underlying conditions. Guess that does not apply to the vaccinated persons.

rolleyes

link steveo Joined: Apr 30, 2007
1/17/22, 9:12:32 PM 
In reply to voiceofreason

Not surprising. This was never the pandemic of the unvaccinated. I want to bet that they will tell you that the 5 vaccinated persons had underlying conditions. Guess that does not apply to the vaccinated persons.

I am not anti-vax or anything like that, just posting a troubling reality

link Yamfoot Joined: Feb 8, 2003
1/17/22, 9:30:50 PM 
In reply to Curtis

Not me. Not my octogenarian parents, not my sisters, not my brother. Give thanks!

1/17/22, 9:49:54 PM 
In reply to Yamfoot

Keep doing what you doing then. If vaccinated, added protection in case of infection.

link DukeStreet Joined: Dec 1, 2002
1/19/22, 4:32:05 AM 
In reply to Curtis
So while vaccinated people can get infected, they have a great shot at recovery, age and previous medical issues not withstanding.

Not necessarily true. The jab only protects you for up to a certain time period (4-6 months) AND only protects you for the strain it was designed for. That's why you have soooo many vaccinated people catching covid now. You need to keep getting boosters every 5 months to stay slightly ahead of those who were never infected and not vaccinated.

link Halliwell Joined: May 13, 2005
1/19/22, 5:50:13 AM 
In reply to DukeStreet

I’m not shouting; just trying to differentiate my text from your below.

Not necessarily true.
QUITE TRUE IN ACTUAL FACT

The jab only protects you for up to a certain time period (4-6 months) AND only protects you for the strain it was designed for.
NOT TRUE AT ALL- THERE IS A REASON VACCINES TARGET CERTAIN VIRAL ANTIGENS. SOME VACCINES PROTECT LONGER THAN OTHERS. POLIO VS PFIZER COVID. SEE ABOVE- SOME (~75%) MORE PROTECTION IS BETTER THAN NONE, ALL THINGS OTHER BEING EQUAL.

That's why you have soooo many vaccinated people catching covid now.
CHECK PERCENT OF VACCINATED IN POPULATION THEN COMPARE INFECTED IN HOSPITALS AND EVEN JUST POSITIVE TESTS FOR A CLEAN COMPARISON. AGAIN VACCINE AS IT IS NOW DOESNT CLAIM TO PREVENT INFECTION.

You need to keep getting boosters every 5 months to stay slightly ahead of those who were never infected and not vaccinated.
NO YOU DONT. VARIANTS ARE WEAKER, VACCINOLOGY IS PROGRESSING, AND THE RELATIVE PROTECTION IS CERTAINLY NOT TO BE DESCRIBED OR INTERPRETED AS ‘SLIGHTLY AHEAD’ OF THE UNVACCINATED.

1/19/22, 9:05:49 AM 
In reply to Halliwell

....yeah, what you said.

1/19/22, 10:12:50 AM 
In reply to Halliwell
Not necessarily true.
QUITE TRUE IN ACTUAL FACT

Not true. Again, the jab only protects you for a certain time period. Are you disputing that without the booster, you will be protected for beyond the 5-6 month period? If so, how long will you be protected for and why are they pushing the booster?

The jab only protects you for up to a certain time period (4-6 months) AND only protects you for the strain it was designed for.
NOT TRUE AT ALL- THERE IS A REASON VACCINES TARGET CERTAIN VIRAL ANTIGENS. SOME VACCINES PROTECT LONGER THAN OTHERS. POLIO VS PFIZER COVID. SEE ABOVE- SOME (~75%) MORE PROTECTION IS BETTER THAN NONE, ALL THINGS OTHER BEING EQUAL.

We all know the jab gives you added protection but that protection wanes quite rapidly. How long do these vaccines protect you for? Why are so many vaccinated being infected, especially the ones due for their boosters rather than the ones who recently received the shot? List the average efficacy time span per vaccine.

That's why you have soooo many vaccinated people catching covid now.
CHECK PERCENT OF VACCINATED IN POPULATION THEN COMPARE INFECTED IN HOSPITALS AND EVEN JUST POSITIVE TESTS FOR A CLEAN COMPARISON. AGAIN VACCINE AS IT IS NOW DOESNT CLAIM TO PREVENT INFECTION.

Already did that. I am not here to debate level of sickness and hospitalization rates per type. We discussed this before. Again, many more vaccinated are catching covid now as opposed to the beginning of the epidemic. This is not made up stuff. Outside of the many reports, I know of at least 30 people, all vaccinated, who have caught the latest strain.

You need to keep getting boosters every 5 months to stay slightly ahead of those who were never infected and not vaccinated.
NO YOU DONT. VARIANTS ARE WEAKER, VACCINOLOGY IS PROGRESSING, AND THE RELATIVE PROTECTION IS CERTAINLY NOT TO BE DESCRIBED OR INTERPRETED AS ‘SLIGHTLY AHEAD’ OF THE UNVACCINATED.

funny you are saying this because I had mentioned variants are indeed weaker (on another thread) and you said "no they are not". Yet now you are telling me they are weaker. Make no mistake, I am NOT advocating boosters. I am just saying they are pushing boosters when they are not needed due to the weaker variants, etc. And also, if vaccinology is progressing, where is the miracle vaccine for Omnicron or Flurona or IHU or whatever? I am sure they have it ready and will roll it out when convenient. Aftar all, the Army did say they have one, along with China.

Let me add that I believe we are saying the same things for some points but differ quite differently on others.
cool

link Walco Joined: Jun 21, 2008
1/19/22, 10:28:10 AM 
In reply to Halliwell
I have given up trying to get the unvaccinated to acknowledge the simple indisputable fact that many more unvaccinated people are being hospitalized and dying from Covid. They all seem to have this blindspot. I guess such an admission would force them to confront the folly of their decisions not to be vaccinated cool

1/19/22, 10:46:53 AM 
In reply to Walco

No one is disputing this. LOL. Put in yuh pipe tho that being vaccinated does not put you in any safe category. Quite the contrary. If you understood this, you would never try to argue with differing opinions. You seem to believe that most unvaccinated people don't know they are at a greater risk. And that risk is mitigated if they have access to proper treatment up front AND also if they had already caught covid and have greater immunity.

Why oh why, Mr. Walco, do you see everything black and white? Not everyone unvaccinated is in a possible dire situation. Can you understand this? Please.

cool

1/19/22, 11:05:12 AM 
. Again, many more vaccinated are catching covid now as opposed to the beginning of the epidemic. This is not made up stuff.

True, because:
1. At the start of the pandemic nobody was vaccinated
2. Vaccination claims to reduce hospitalisation and death; not infection

There is a higher percentage of deaths/hospitalisations in the non-vaccinated than in the vaccinated.

1/19/22, 11:11:09 AM 
In reply to DukeStreet

I had mentioned variants are indeed weaker (on another thread) and you said "no they are not".

If I remember correctly, you said each progressive mutation would be weaker and that suggested a somewhat linear evolutionary path for SARS-COV-2. That’s incorrect. Then and now. Thus far, delta was worse than alpha and omicron is mild. Drift and shift can throw up a more virulent strain in future. As it stands now, omicron is good news

link Walco Joined: Jun 21, 2008
1/19/22, 3:22:34 PM 
In reply to DukeStreet
Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah ... One acknowledgement down but many more to go. Now let's team up and try to get your kindred spirits Ninetenjack, Johndom90, hotarobin, VOR and others to acknowledge that the unvaccinated are more likely to die from Covid than the vaccinated. After all, as you say, no one is disputing this. Then my work here will be done smile

1/19/22, 3:50:58 PM 
In reply to Walco
Before you jump up and down and do backflips you need to understand it’s not just unvaccinated and vaccinated we are dealing with here. Again, there is a sub-category or two of people, one being unvaxxed but naturally immune people. These folks arguably are in a better position that the vaccinated folks. If you are going to castigate one group, you need to at least qualify who exactly is causing you qualms.
lol

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink

Pages: previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  next