The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Biden is a weak leader

black 2022-01-20 13:34:06 

I voted for the guy in 2020 and will vote for him again if his performance improves before the end of his term.

There are 3 main types of leadership styles.
1. To Delegate
2. To Participate
3. Direct

In these times, direct leadership is called for but Biden seems to want to do everything as a team. As much as Trump is a scumbag, he got his message across by bullying others. It's low down but effective.

This goes back to my thread about inspirational and motivational. I think we are starting to see the differences.

black 2022-01-20 13:48:34 

Schumer is also weak, that is more reason why Biden needs to get directly involved.

steveo 2022-01-20 13:49:45 

In reply to black

These guys are politicians, who pass the bucks and cover their asses.

They are definitely not sincere characters, or any sort of heroic leader at least not since JFK.

VIX 2022-01-20 13:57:39 

In reply to black

Who will be Trump's vice president when he wins in 2024?

ray 2022-01-20 14:01:27 

In reply to black

so you prefer bullies?

StumpCam 2022-01-20 14:04:10 

In reply to black

The man just too damn old!

ray 2022-01-20 14:05:06 

In reply to StumpCam

that too...and it showing real bad

FanAttick 2022-01-20 14:39:33 

In reply to black

Give me your example of strong leadership in a 52(R) 48(D) senate?

black 2022-01-20 14:47:38 

In reply to FanAttick

Schumer basically let Mcconnell steal a supreme court justice from him. Biden should have known that he cannot depend on such a weak leader.

Brerzerk 2022-01-20 15:39:30 

Today's Quote- 'When the senate is a 50/50 split then Washington can have 101 Presidents'
Joe Biden. Added by me- especially if two of the 50 from your party are a-holes and not one single one from the other party is brave enough to be their own person.

black 2022-01-20 16:58:32 

In reply to Brerzerk

There's a reason why Biden didn't get the nomination on his multiple previous attempts, he was not a good candidate. This time the Democrats basically gave the nomination to him because they feared that a protracted campaign would hurt the nominee and give the Presidency back to Trump.

Dukes 2022-01-20 17:23:03 

In reply to black

Lemme ask you a question after I state some facts
In July 2009,after 6 months in office President Obama had a very healthy majority in the House (257-178 ) as well as the Senate (60-40)
In July 2021 after 6 months in office President Biden had a slim majority in the House (222-213) and in the Senate (50-50)

1 of the Democratic Senators was in a state that the Republicans won in the Presidential election of the same year by 38.9 percent in 2020.
Now armed with those facts.
What would a "STRONG" leader do differently in Biden's place?

carl0002 2022-01-20 17:39:59 

Define Leadership as you see it...
Trying to add some context to what you getting at....

black 2022-01-20 17:46:22 

In reply to Dukes

1 of the Democratic Senators was in a state that the Republicans won in the Presidential election of the same year by 38.9 percent in 2020.

Carry with a big stick, that's what Harry Reid did. Harry was a real leader.

Seriously, it's more than just that.

Did you hear the statement he made yesterday on Russia? That was just foolish.

SnoopDog 2022-01-20 18:40:54 

In reply to black

I agree that Schumer is pu$$y when compared to McConnell.

But how does Schumer work with, wheel and deal, even beg, ten Republicans and two of his own Democratic senators to break the filibuster to pass progressive legislation?

This was always going to be the problem facing Biden's first two terms.

Brerzerk 2022-01-20 18:58:54 

Another Quote- ' I don't work for Barack Obama' Late Great Harry Reid Sen. Maj Leader in 2009. NB It was Harry Reid who got Obama to run for Prez. Yet, he is making it clear he won't just go along with all his decisions/policies. Even Chump, couldn't get McConnell to do all his bidding. But, could you pls. tell me when before January 20, 2009 The Senate had one party that consistently had every single senator of its party vote en masse against anything a president of the other party proposed? You have lived here long enough to have a better understanding of RACE and Politics. With Clinton, it was background, lower middle class, and not directly into an Ivy League out of High School; albeit Georgetown is one of the best.

By the way do you realize that it was a decision of Harry Reid's and the carrying carrying of his big stick that allowed McConnel to appoint Coney-Barret and hundreds of lower bench judges?

WI_cricfan 2022-01-20 19:16:42 

Bo Jiden's first year as President was a resounding success.

That also reminds me when a company reports negative growth they are successful.

Brerzerk 2022-01-20 19:41:57 

In reply to WI_cricfan
That crap is a Republican strategy. Remember Bush coming out on the battleship with the sign saying Mission Accomplished? What happened in Iraq and around the world after? Remember Chump declaring the virus would go away in a 'weak' or sup'n suh?
What I blame Dems for is always apologizing rather than highlighting success.
Er growth is good but we know it could be better and until no one is suffering we have work to do!
Repubs would rather lie about something not even accomplished rather than admit they could and should do more about anything...anything at all!

Dukes 2022-01-20 19:51:07 

In reply to black

Carry with a big stick, that's what Harry Reid did. Harry was a real leader.

BIG STICK???

Tell us how you carry a big stick to Manchin?
He just declares he is now a Republican and you would have to turn your big stick on yourself!!!!!
NO other Democrat could win in West Virginia.

Biden was FCUKED when Ron Johnston won in 2016 and Susan Collins won in 2020.

VIX 2022-01-20 20:03:06 

thoughts and prayers for the misfits' great murca cry cry

black 2022-01-20 20:29:47 

In reply to Dukes

There are ways around people who pretend to be tough.

Do you recall Mccarthy having some tough words for Trump on Jan 6 and a week later he was kissing his ring?

Ayenmol 2022-01-20 20:41:44 

In reply to Dukes

Start with what the stick actually is.... and what represents the "stick" in this affair.

Brerzerk 2022-01-20 21:10:40 

In reply to black
Incongruent Comparison, False Analogy

black 2022-01-20 21:17:31 

In reply to Brerzerk

No it's not dude.

There are many things at a leader's disposal, you start by offering them good assignments and go all the way to them being (threat) primaried.

The problem with Democrats are that they were sucking up to the two Senators instead of being tough on them.

Fantom 2022-01-20 22:31:28 

The problem with Democracy is it requires an informed electorate. Most of the 330 million people in America do not understand how their democracy works. They have no clue. They are usually ill-informed or misinformed whenever they do pay attention.

I was in the US about a year or less with a group of young people - mostly men aged 18-35 - when a well respected individual, a lawyer, leading the meeting sought to quote a US Senator from a nearby state, but had a temporary mental block on the Senator's name............... Crickets! Noone volunteered the name of the US senator from Arizona. That is, until a heavily accented Caribbean individual, after what seemed like a year of embarrassed silence, piped up to say the name ...................John McCain. The Americans did not know John McCain.shock shock shock

That was one of my first lessons in American ignorance. Today, most of those individuals are MAGA heads, some are religious zealots.

BTW, some become religious zealots simply as a way to fleece people.

Brerzerk 2022-01-21 01:59:29 

In reply to Fantom
Hammer hit pon head bro. Today driving to work I heard on radio that A public storage co. did better than Microsoft, Apple and other large businesses. Host opened the phone lines and a caller said he's rented a 8x8 for 15yrs. When asked what's in there he said HOLIDAY DECORATIONS and FILES he doesn't want to get rid of!! Asked if he couldn't store them at home he said Nah! Man explained those co. raise the fee 10% every year and every three yrs. or so he tries to negotiate. It is that level of reasoning that vote some of these idiots into power. A 50+ woman in Kentucky got Health Ins. for the 1st time in life and her 1st med. visit showed onset of Breast Cancer. Ooman said she is glad to be alive but hate that what saved her has the name Obamacare!!!

nitro 2022-01-21 02:59:08 

In reply to black

lol lol lol

Yuh cuss mi when I said it last year...yuh slow bad bredda.

Casper 2022-01-21 04:27:49 

In reply to black

Explain to me how one can be a strong leader in 50-50 Senate, with two of your own, each thinking he/she is president. Neither Schumer nor Biden have a sweet enough carrot nor big enough stick to get Manchin or Sinema in line. Push either too hard and Schumer is a Minority Leader and Biden’s presidency is as good as done in its now second year.

I would agree that Schumer is no Harry Reid, but Harry Reid never had the numbers problem Schumer has.

A strong leader is also one who properly assesses the situation before him, faces up to the harsh realities and adapt. This is exactly what Biden is about to do with his failure to convince Manchin and Sinema to change their minds. He will try to convince Democrats to split up the BBB bill, so, at least, he can try to get something passed for the people who voted for him, then go out and bust his tail to pick a senate seat or two. Then we we’ll see how much power Manchin and Sinema would think they have.

Democrats are bating their time with Sinema,. She will be primaried for 2024, if by then she has not gone over to the Republicans. As for Manchin, he is more looking out for himself while using the fact his state voted 40 plus percentage points higher for Trump in 2020. Manchin is no more conservative than the late Sen. Byrd, but the latter had the respect of his constituents, that he could vote for a Biden BBB bill and still easily get voted back into office.

Dukes 2022-01-21 04:33:21 

In reply to black

There are ways around people who pretend to be tough.

Joe Manchin decides to join the Republican caucus and in a flash Mitch McConnell becomes Majority Leader.

You guys have no idea about politics

PHEW

black 2022-01-21 05:02:49 

In reply to Dukes

Joe Manchin decides to join the Republican caucus and in a flash Mitch McConnell becomes Majority Leader

It sounds so simple but neither of them are willing to do so because they will not get the attention they are getting now

Drapsey 2022-01-21 15:41:36 

In reply to black

Biden is a weak leader

What, he should've emulated his immediate predecessor's strong (-armed) leadership like when he pushed the European short-statured President/PM (I forgot his name) out of the way at a G10 summit photo opportunity?

black 2022-01-21 16:48:02 

In reply to Drapsey

And right away you start with the comparison.

Repubs are going to start portraying him as the next Jimmy Carter.

XDFIX 2022-01-21 16:53:02 

In reply to Dukes

Lemme ask you a question after I state some facts
In July 2009,after 6 months in office President Obama had a very healthy majority in the House (257-178 ) as well as the Senate (60-40)
In July 2021 after 6 months in office President Biden had a slim majority in the House (222-213) and in the Senate (50-50)

Perception is a bitch, Biden and Obama suffered because of same!

That pull out of Afghanistan did irreparable damage to Biden!

If I were Biden, I would run executive orders until Republican heads hurt! - albeit, temporary, it's a good way to buy time and build image!

black 2022-01-21 17:03:13 

In reply to XDFIX

That pull out of Afghanistan did irreparable damage to Biden!

I agree.

Brerzerk 2022-01-21 17:44:53 

In reply to Casper
The Cravenness of Sinema means she doesn't care if she is primaried and even lose her seat. She knows at least one of her donors will give her a job. She'll earn a lot more, have more power as a lobbyist and still have more time to teach.

johndom90 2022-01-22 00:47:35 

leader?>???
In reply to black

Biden cannot even lead a press conferences but you expect him to be a leader of men?

The upstairs lights are clearly off....flickering at best.

Weekend at Bernies on loop in the White house

lol

Ayenmol 2022-01-22 02:48:27 

The ramblings of those looking for a savior where none is to be found.

So sad.

black 2022-01-22 12:56:05 

In reply to steveo

These guys are politicians, who pass the bucks and cover their asses.

They are definitely not sincere characters, or any sort of heroic leader at least not since JFK

You are absolutely correct, look at the crimes Republicans let Trump get away with in office. Trump should have been kicked out of office the first time he was impeached.

What is so appalling about all of this is that these guys take an oath to protect this country against all enemies.

Constitution be damned after these guys get into office.

black 2022-01-23 02:39:06 

In reply to Dukes

BIG STICK???

Tell us how you carry a big stick to Manchin?
He just declares he is now a Republican and you would have to turn your big stick on yourself!!!!!
NO other Democrat could win in West Virginia.

Biden was FCUKED when Ron Johnston won in 2016 and Susan Collins won in 2020

I think you are underestimating the power the President wields.

Do you remember when Trump paraded his cabinet in front of the Country? That was something I never thought accomplished people would agree to but Trump managed to do it.

If Biden had invested his personal time trying to win these people (Manchin/Sinema) over, it could have been done. Relying on Chuck Schumer, a known weak hearted person to get it done was a bad idea.