Open up to close down again maybe???

Halliwell 2022-01-21 19:27:48 

In reply to Brerzerk

Man will ded by the side of the road and pile up now

No more shut down

Brown PM soon come

XDFIX 2022-01-21 19:29:15 

In reply to Halliwell

The problem with these leaders, they love money more than people - i.e. people are the ultimate sacrifice!

DukeStreet 2022-01-21 21:09:23 

In reply to Halliwell
Re-election hype and forgiveness.

Ninetenjack 2022-01-22 00:40:15 

Ireland the latest to throw in the towel after Boris....

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/ireland-lift-covid-restrictions

DukeStreet 2022-01-22 00:45:56 

In reply to Ninetenjack
Yep. They are ready to live with it and provide treatment.

cool

johndom90 2022-01-22 00:57:19 

In reply to Halliwell

The narrative is slowly crumbling....

Heck just a year ago to mention Vitamin C, D, Zinc on CC was considered heresy... smile

Now everybody free styling with they supplements.

Hopefully Boris will turn to some of the marginalized and disregarded treatment protocols readily available.

He should be warned that these methods may be cheap with little profit margin.

Bank Robbery is one of the most hated crimes in the Capitalism.

Ninetenjack 2022-01-22 01:54:39 

In August when Ontario started to record the daily positive cases by vax status, CP24 and all the other mainstreams were proudly yelling on a daily basis the percentage of daily cases that were unvaxed. Well fack Omicron hit and the daily positive cases for fully vaxed quickly hit 80%+, positivity rates 30% higher for fully vax, hospitals 70% for fully vaxed, ICU over 50%. So what did these shameless people do they stop reporting the unvax/vax daily positive cases. But the cases were still alarmly high so they introduced a new policy on testing to drastically lower the daily testing...lower testing lower cases they thought, but this still wasn't enough. All of a sudden they experience a grand epiphany, people arriving in hospital for treatments related to comorbidities and other health issues would be distinguished from folks arriving for strictly Covid, all this in the hope of lowering fully vax daily positive case count.

These fackers got no facking shame.....they were happy to count those cases in the past to pump up the numbers and use it to implement lockdowns and mask mandates but once the numbers turned they were left with nothing to support their narrative... so yes the narrative is crumbling and picking up speed.

hotarobin 2022-01-22 02:16:56 

In reply to Halliwell

what sense is removing a mask mandate without removing the vaccine "enforcement"??

johndom90 2022-01-22 03:17:23 

In reply to Ninetenjack

Vaccinated vulnerable is the new description on some media platform......in conjunction with 'breakthrough'...

Established vaccinations have historically protected the vaccinated from the un-vaccinated.

How can the unvaccinated possibly pose a threat to the vaccinated? How does that work?

If the vaccines work so well , why do the vaccinated need to be protected from the unvaccinated?

Why do highly vaccinated countries like Israel, Singapore, Iceland....have been so unsuccessful at containment?

Had a chat with my regular PCP the other day, he's from Ghana.I usually provoke him, so I said Doc, why does equatorial/Central Africa have such low rates of infection. What's the possible secret? Mannnn....Doc was hopping around like Chanderpaul facing Brett Lee ...or Lara facing Shoib Akther. ' Could be genetics....lack of tourism .... lol lol

To be a health practitioner in these times...means being between the devil in front and the deep blue sea behind.

DukeStreet 2022-01-22 05:59:25 

In reply to Ninetenjack

Don't worry, they will soon run come and tell you is all fake news. Irresponsible this fella Nineteenjack.

lol

nick2020 2022-01-22 06:40:02 

In reply to Halliwell

You bring out all the natural immunity preachers big grin

mikesiva 2022-01-22 07:31:25 

In reply to Halliwell

Madness!

On Tuesday, 439 people died, and every day since then between 288-400 deaths were registered each day.

The UK have totted up over 153k deaths, compared to say Japan, who have a total of less than 20k deaths.

Walco 2022-01-22 12:05:52 

In reply to nick2020

You bring out all the natural immunity preachers

Yep, Halli like he start a anti-vaxxer convention smile Only a few missing but there is still time ...

Walco 2022-01-22 12:07:12 

In reply to mikesiva
Anti-vaxxers tend to highlight covid infections and ignore deaths. I wonder why ...

nick2020 2022-01-22 12:38:25 

In reply to Walco

We wear the socks we like even if our toes showing. big grin

Walco 2022-01-22 12:40:09 

In reply to nick2020

smile smile smile

Halliwell 2022-01-22 13:27:57 

In reply to nick2020

big grin big grin big grin

Courtesy 2022-01-22 14:03:28 

Folks, the thinking is that since Omicron has statistically proven to produce a much milder form of the disease, it is now opportune to get to herd immunity.

This lower pathogenicity of Omicron should now be allowed to take a natural course which would allow the disease to move from pandemic to endemic phase. The only downside is that, in the process your health care system will be under some pressure.

Btw, the UK numbers are trending downwards and despite the higher numbers of Omicron infection, mortality rates were significantly lower than those seen with Delta.

Last word...Covid cyan done. We have to start transitioning for pandenic to endemic.

Ninetenjack 2022-01-22 15:09:48 

Lockdown measures, and legal discrimination against unvaccinated Canadians, are based on six falsehoods:

(1) Covid is an unusually deadly killer like the Spanish Flu of 1918, that everyone should fear;
(2) There are no treatment options for Covid, other than lockdowns and vaccines;
(3) Lockdowns have saved lives;
(4) Lockdown harms are mere inconveniences, far outweighed by lockdown benefits;
(5) the new Covid vaccines are safe and effective; and
(6) The new Covid vaccines stop the spread of Covid.

The truth is quite different from this six-part, fear-filled narrative promoted daily by power-hungry politicians and government-funded media.

https://www.jccf.ca/just-law-must-be-grounded-in-truth/

Curtis 2022-01-22 17:14:49 

In reply to Ninetenjack

Monday morning quarterbacks they are.

They weren't saying this in year 1 of pandemic. Everyone can critique a strategy after the fact or execution.

This looked like Spanish Flu ver 2.0.

Complaints now about tax payer burden of covid aid, effect of lockdown on kids, small business impacts etc.

What would have been death toll if not in place? What is/was best strategy? We will have a better idea once it's over, for next time.

Easy to second guess every step of the way, boosted a great deal by Trump's presidential strategies or lack thereof, religious beliefs and distrust of government.

DukeStreet 2022-01-22 17:44:18 

In reply to Courtesy

Folks, the thinking is that since Omicron has statistically proven to produce a much milder form of the disease, it is now opportune to get to herd immunity.

This lower pathogenicity of Omicron should now be allowed to take a natural course which would allow the disease to move from pandemic to endemic phase. The only downside is that, in the process your health care system will be under some pressure.

Btw, the UK numbers are trending downwards and despite the higher numbers of Omicron infection, mortality rates were significantly lower than those seen with Delta.

Last word...Covid cyan done. We have to start transitioning for pandenic to endemic.

Boy...this is your most explosive and earth shattering post in a while. Hopefully the anti-anti-vaxxers can understand this from an utterly sensible post like yours.

Maybe you need to repost it cuz some of dem never understand the logic and they stuck in denial and hole in the sock syndrome.

lol lol

Courtesy 2022-01-22 18:13:11 

In reply to DukeStreet

This is right down my alley.

We need to think about how we can transition from the current pandemic setting to a more endemic setting. Omicron orovides that opportunity and we must face the fact that Covid-19 is here to stay.

big grin

Ninetenjack 2022-01-22 18:28:12 

In reply to Curtis

Monday morning quarterbacks they are.
They weren't saying this in year 1 of pandemic. Everyone can critique a strategy after the fact or execution.

I have to disagree with you there....there were tons of people calling bullshit on this from the beginning, a good place to start is with all the folks who were cancelled by social media.

I totally get people are having buyer's remorse and feeling bad because they were duped, believe me I have nothing but sympathy and empathy for these folks .... however the folks who perpetrated this con job on people deserve everything that's coming to them under the law. I am referring to politicians, health bureaucrats and the media....

mikesiva 2022-01-22 19:04:03 

In reply to Courtesy

I don't have a problem with learning to live with Covid.

What I do have a problem with is abandoning the wearing of face masks, which can do a lot to reduce the spread.

I'm so pleased that my son lives in Japan, and not the UK right now!

Courtesy 2022-01-22 19:12:03 

In reply to mikesiva

Infection to Omicron can only be prolonged. It's inevitable that almost everyone will get it at some stage in the near future. And yes, if the wearing of masks reduces the burden on the health care system then by all means wear them.

Clearly, the health advisers in the UK I am sure think, they can overcome the institutional challenges of Omicron and haved seized on the opportunity to achieve herd immunity.

mikesiva 2022-01-22 19:44:46 

In reply to Courtesy

By which time the British advisers will have killed off 10 times as many people as will have died in Japan from coronavirus! The Poms will be happily spreading coronavirus in Barbados this week.
smile
Already several hundred a day are dying in the UK, while Japan have reduced their daily deaths to about nine a day.

I know whose policy I think is better.