The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Consistent 250 totals key to success, says Walsh

CaribbeanCricket.com 2022-01-24 14:05:25 

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa (CMC) — Head Coach Courtney Walsh believes consistent, competitive totals will be critical to any success for West Indies Women during the upcoming ICC 50-overs World Cup in New Zealand.

While acknowledging the Caribbean side's batting had been unpredictable at times, Walsh said they hoped to use the four-match One-Day International series against hosts starting here next Friday to sharpen that area of their game.

The legendary former seamer said West Indies Women would be targeting totals around 250 but also stressed the need for the careful assessment of conditions and the opposition.

“We have to assess the conditions we're playing [in]. Under normal conditions, you want to score at a certain amount of runs per over so you're looking at an average score of 240, 250,” Walsh explained.

Read more at Jamaica Observer

Full Story

Sylobaby 2022-01-25 01:52:04 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com
I am yet to understand how Courtney Wash, our most successful test bowler is Head coach of the women’s team but has not been given any role to work with our U19 or senior mens team. Is he too good or not good enough to help our young men? I have nothing against women but it was our mens team that put on the map. I really like Jimmy Adams and thought he was the right man for the job but so far his judgment has been as bad as Phil Simmons and maybe he too should go