The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

VOR..T&T Beating Leewards key to 4-day crown

sgtdjones 2022-05-14 16:12:49 

Red Force coach: Beating Leewards key to 4-day crown

Red Force coach David Furlonge believes a victory against the Leeward Islands Hurricanes will go a long way in Trinidad and Tobago's quest to end a 16-year West Indies Four-Day Championship title drought.TT face the Leewards in Wednesday’s third round match at the Diego Martin Sporting Complex.Furlonge believes his squad has the depth to go all the way and hoist the elusive regional crown.TT (38.6 points) are second on the standings after two rounds, behind table-toppers and defending champions Barbados Pride (42 points).

With just three matches remaining – against third placed Leeward Islands, Barbados and Guyana Harpy Eagles – Furlonge wants three outright wins.
Also in round three, Guyana face Barbados at Queen’s Park Oval in Port of Spain and Jamaica Scorpions meet Windward Islands Hurricanes at Brian Lara Cricket Academy in Tarouba. All matches start at 10am.

All remaining four-day matches will be played in Trinidad.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2022-05-14 16:21:31 

Full power
Red Force up to full pace strength for Championship run-in

The Trinidad and Tobago Red Force will be firing on all cylinders with fast bowlers Jayden Seales and Shannon Gabriel back to full fitness ahead of their clash against the Leeward Islands Hurricanes at the Diego Martin Sporting Complex in the third round of the West Indies Championship four-day competition next week.Gabriel, who missed the West Indies’ Test matches against England as well as the second round of the Championship in February due to injury, has been training with the Red Force for the past two weeks, while Seales was also recovering from a niggle.

Gabriel and Seales were both named in the Red Force squad for the third-round match bowling off Wednesday and head coach David Furlonge reported that both men are back to 100 per cent and ready to bring the heat.

Also in the squad of 15 are pacers Anderson Phillip and Uthman Muhammad.

RED FORCE SQUAD

Imran Khan (Captain), Keagan Simmons, Jeremy Solozano, Darren Bravo, Jason Mohammed, Joshua Da Silva, Akeal Hosein, Bryan Charles, Anderson Phillip, Jayden Seales, Shannon Gabriel, Yannic Cariah, Khary Pierre, Isaiah Rajah, Uthman Muhammad.

Link Text

imusic 2022-05-14 18:12:19 

In reply to sgtdjones

The batting is weak but is also the best we have.

A lot will depend on Darren Bravo and Joshua DaSilva

I like the bowling attack of Gabriel, Seales, Phillip, Muhammad, Hosein, Charles, and Pierre.

We should be trying to develop and incorporate a leggie or two into the squad at some point.

VoopsandOut 2022-05-14 22:49:35 

In reply to imusic

not sure that TT has a leggie of regional quality these days so its right arm off and orthodox left arm like most other teams. I hope that Leewards will pick Walsh to give him a long bowl for him to find some bowling form before the Netherlands tour

sgtdjones 2022-05-16 11:12:13 

VOR juggling the REVO?

rolleyes

openning 2022-05-16 13:38:57 

In reply to sgtdjones

Red Force coach David Furlonge believes a victory against the Leeward Islands Hurricanes will go a long way in Trinidad and Tobago's quest to end a 16-year West Indies Four-Day Championship title drought.

Thread lightly, T&T had it years under Darren Ganga, this is not Jump and Wave cricket, as you all love.

sgtdjones 2022-05-16 17:26:15 

In reply to openning

Listen here you ... lol

WE winning this trophy.

cool cool

voiceofreason 2022-05-17 03:19:14 

In reply to sgtdjones Who really studying this stop and start 2 months later farce of a tournament. I expect Leewards to struggle as I doubt they are well prep for the restart. We were in a nice lil groove before they stopped the tournament.

We there for the taking. TNT should win easily.

sgtdjones 2022-05-17 04:04:46 

In reply to voiceofreason

Oh Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

We are doomed.

shock shock rolleyes

granite 2022-05-17 18:46:19 

In reply to sgtdjones
Yuh ask for that so tek it with a smile.

lol lol lol

granite 2022-05-17 18:49:10 

In reply to sgtdjones
Yuh provoke de man so now we gine suffer the consequences.

lol lol lol

sgtdjones 2022-05-17 21:04:25 

In reply to granite

My big mouth....

lol lol lol lol

granite 2022-05-17 21:18:10 

In reply to sgtdjones

I have the antidote so don't worry,it's a secret and I have used it against VOR many times,I can tell you brudda,it's 100% success so far. lol

sgtdjones 2022-05-17 21:25:25 

In reply to granite

okkkkk we really need it now....VOR trying to pull a fast one on me..his team playing cricket .

razz razz razz razz

sgtdjones 2022-05-17 21:30:44 

Red Force captain hails return of WI trio for Hurricanes clash

TRINIDAD AND Tobago Red Force four-day captain Imran Khan believes the recent additions of West Indies players Akeal Hosein, Darren Bravo and Shannon Gabriel should provide the necessary boost to get past Leeward Islands Hurricanes this week.The West Indies Four-Day Championship resumes after a ten-week break with second-placed Red Force hosting third-ranked Hurricanes at the Diego Martin Sporting Complex, Diego Martin, in a third round match, starting on Wednesday from 10 am.

In other third round games bowling off on Wednesday, table-toppers Barbados Pride battle fourth-placed Guyana Harpy Eagles at the Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Tarouba, while the Jamaica Scorpions will face the Windward Islands Volcanoes at the Queen's Park Oval, St Clair.The Red Force have been strengthened for Wednesday’s encounter, particularly in the bowling department, with left-spinner Hosein being recalled to the 'red ball team' and pacer Gabriel returning from an injury which ruled him out of the second round.Fast bowler Uthman Muhammad also received a call-up while TT’s pace duo of Jayden Seales and Anderson Phillip will be hoping to maintain their good run of form from the opening rounds.Seales and Phillip, however, will be unavailable for the crucial tie against league-leaders Barbados next Wednesday, since they travel to off the Netherlands and Pakistan for One-Day International tours.

The TT skipper is quietly confident but anticipates a competitive test from the Rahkeem Cornwall-led unit.Likewise, Cornwall said his team will have to view the pitch to see how they will implement their game plan.Before the return to competition, Leewards held a training camp in Antigua, where they played a couple three-day practice matches. Cornwall confirmed his troops are “looking forward to the game and are ready to go.”According to the burly Cornwall, when they look at the conditions, "Then we’d know the combination we want to go with. We just stick to our game plan, be patient and do the right thing for a long period of time. There’s no doubt if we do that we would come out on the winning side.”

Link Text

sgtdjones 2022-05-17 21:33:21 

In reply to sgtdjones Who really studying this stop and start 2 months later farce of a tournament. I expect Leewards to struggle as I doubt they are well prep for the restart. We were in a nice lil groove before they stopped the tournament.

We there for the taking. TNT should win easily.

Are you trying to pull a fast one on me?....read below

The TT skipper is quietly confident but anticipates a competitive test from the Rahkeem Cornwall-led unit.Likewise, Cornwall said his team will have to view the pitch to see how they will implement their game plan.Before the return to competition, Leewards held a training camp in Antigua, where they played a couple three-day practice matches. Cornwall confirmed his troops are “looking forward to the game and are ready to go.”According to the burly Cornwall, when they look at the conditions, "Then we’d know the combination we want to go with. We just stick to our game plan, be patient and do the right thing for a long period of time. There’s no doubt if we do that we would come out on the winning side.”

Your team playing cricket.

lol lol

granite 2022-05-17 21:57:25 

In reply to sgtdjones
Honestly sgt I never thought that VOR would stoop so low,the man is not to be trusted.
lol lol lol

granite 2022-05-17 21:58:12 

[b]In reply to sgtdjones[/

granite 2022-05-17 21:59:29 

In reply to sgtdjones

sgtdjones 2022-05-18 22:01:51 

In reply to granite

Honestly sgt I never thought that VOR would stoop so low,the man is not to be trusted.

VOR

Tricked me....

cool

voiceofreason 2022-05-19 21:41:10 

In reply to sgtdjonesBump this up a bit.

sgtdjones 2022-05-19 21:58:22 

Tomorrow you start to crumble.... razz razz

voiceofreason 2022-05-20 16:08:19 

In reply to sgtdjones Tomorrow has come:

182/2 404 the lead...

Headley 2022-05-20 16:15:43 

Fatten the stats. Enhance the chances for selection. Barbados style cricket.

sgtdjones 2022-05-20 16:18:06 

You will need 500 to win.... for your ambush....Grrrrrrrr

cool cool

voiceofreason 2022-05-20 16:27:00 

In reply to Headley
Noooo! We don't play that style of Cricket. We will give KP another 30 -40 mins to get his Ton then declare.

voiceofreason 2022-05-20 16:27:20 

In reply to sgtdjones Lol. I think we have enough.

sgtdjones 2022-05-21 21:28:01 

OK ...you win this one. Practicing in Antigua and playing possum...not telling anyone.
We deporting Jangoo.

Narpy Eagles did us a favor by beating up them bajes.

See so we are still in the race to be Champs.

cool