The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Can Trump claim insanity?

black 2022-06-26 04:57:10 

Can Trump claim insanity after being indicted?

We all know there's something wrong with the guy. Lol

cricketmad 2022-06-26 05:17:20 

In reply to black

Trump's insanity is mild compared to his disciples .

Halliwell 2022-06-26 09:04:24 

In reply to black

He called himself a genius so that’s in his favour when he uses the insanity defence.

VIX 2022-06-26 12:41:58 

Well he sent the backroom misfits insane so there's that big grin big grin

nitro 2022-06-26 13:37:38 

In reply to black

You need your head checked out.

black 2022-06-26 13:56:06 

In reply to nitro

But I'm not going to prison. lol

nitro 2022-06-26 14:13:35 

In reply to black

So Trump is?

Wait, don't answer..you have been saying yes to that for over 6 years

lol

black 2022-06-26 14:17:59 

In reply to nitro

So what has changed over those 6 years? Let's see if you are smart enough. lol

nitro 2022-06-26 14:23:38 

In reply to black

Nothing has changed.

black 2022-06-26 14:35:15 

In reply to nitro

Really?

Is Trump still President?

Is DOJ not working its way to the top of the Jan 6th insurrection?

Is the Jan 6th committee not exposing all the lies?

Are you aware of the Fulton County Georgia DA's investigation?

Are the people that covered for Trump still in place to do so?

nitro 2022-06-26 15:00:05 

In reply to black

Really? A: Well apart from a higher cost of living now.

Is Trump still President? A: I can't tell, he has more coverage than the current one.

Is DOJ not working its way to the top of the Jan 6th insurrection? A: Like they did Russia Russia?

Is the Jan 6th committee not exposing all the lies? A: The universe knows Trump lies even before he became President

Are you aware of the Fulton County Georgia DA's investigation? A: Another of the many that lead to no where

Are the people that covered for Trump still in place to do so? A: Yes, they are called the Supreme Court Justices. It is now a Trump team.

black 2022-06-26 15:05:45 

In reply to nitro

Dude, Congress is no longer covering for Trump. THIS IS ALL CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS FROM HERE ON.

Jan 6th Committee investigation is not criminal in nature but it is "icing on the cake."

sgtdjones 2022-06-26 15:55:41 

In reply to black

Don't take my word for it. Bill Barr gave that as his explanation for supporting Trump if the 2024 election came down to Trump or the Democrat. Truly amazing that these lawyers had more loyalty to Trump than to their nation.When Trump said to build a wall, we didn't realize he and his lawyers were already busy building a wall of shame and betrayal.So much for the people who said they were for law and order, yet another big lie. Mr. Barr kept insinuating that it was behavior on the part of Trump which was not rooted in reality, thus throwing out a lifeline to Trump for an insanity plea. Experienced attorney Bill Barr provided a legal bonanza for Trump by claiming that he thought the president was detached from reality. Did Barr repeat a few key phrases to protect his once and future candidate from prosecution, knowing that Trump could not be convicted of seditious acts if he actually believed his own false statements?As glad as I was to see Barr’s testimony about the lack of election fraud, his insistence that Trump was “detached from reality” hurts the AG’s ability to find evidence of certain crimes, which are described as “knowingly and intentionally”

Former Attorney General gave Trump all he needed recently in his statement to the Congressional hearings.
Barr was very careful in his chosen words ...he gave Trump the defense he needed on those tapes.

black 2022-06-26 16:01:30 

In reply to sgtdjones

I'm not a lawyer but I see lots of areas where he can be prosecuted.

Fantom 2022-06-26 16:07:48 

In reply to sgtdjones

Like myself, Barr is no expert on such matters. Now, if Barr and others were aware of a clinical diagnosis supporting this view, the DOJ may be interested, no?

sgtdjones 2022-06-26 16:22:55 

In reply to Fantom

One just has to look at the litany of transgressions he committed during his tenure.

His former lawyer, Barr, his female relative who works in such a field, gave an analysis on TV.

Now he can be prosecuted in the stormy file and overestimating the values of his properties to the Banks.
Tax authority would be investigating his underestimating of such properties.

I am skeptical that the DOJ will prosecute Trump. It's a double edge sword.

carl0002 2022-06-26 16:35:43 

In reply to black
Would you believe Trump if he said he was insane?

Drapsey 2022-06-26 16:51:55 

In reply to nitro

Really? A: Well apart from a higher cost of living now.

Is Trump still President? A: I can't tell, he has more coverage than the current one.

I'm disappointed that like maj, BeatDBalls, and WI_cricfan, you're still defending Trump and his 'presidency-ness'.

When I pointed out early that Trump didn't have any (repeat, any) Presidential acumen, you responded with what amounted to a shoulder shrug.

Trump might not be president any longer, but he certainly continues to operate a shadow government.

hotarobin 2022-06-26 16:56:05 

Trump ain't going nowhere..if Trump lives to see the next election he will be a strong candidate because American is the land of (don't use that language) Mr Black is watching too much CNN and MSNBC..

black 2022-06-26 17:05:04 

In reply to sgtdjones

I am skeptical that the DOJ will prosecute Trump. It's a double edge sword

I don't agree with any of that. If a crime has been committed, it has to be investigated and prosecuted, regardless of who the offender is.

nitro 2022-06-26 17:11:36 

In reply to Drapsey

Not defending Trump. I just simple state the facts.

black 2022-06-26 17:11:45 

In reply to hotarobin

Dude, the investigation has already started. On Friday, Jeffrey Clark's home was raided. Jeffrey Clark is a key figure in Trump's attempted to overturn the election

nitro 2022-06-26 17:14:48 

In reply to black

Did they raid folks homes during the other investigations of Trump? Were some persons charged and yet Trump went unscathed?

American Presidents will not go to jail. Yes they will be investigated for blow jobs or blowing their jobs but nothing will come of it.

I will not be surprised if Trump did worse than this by giving other countries American secrets but this will not be made public.

black 2022-06-26 17:17:11 

In reply to nitro

Dude, Trump was President at the time and he did everything possible muddy up the process. This is a totally different time and place.
Besides, those crimes pale in comparison to the attempt to overthrow the Government.

maj 2022-06-26 17:22:35 

In reply to nitro

The problem is the cry of wolf we have heard it too many times.

First Russian Collusion was going to be his end.

Then it was the phone call..another predicted end.

He is using the office for economic gain..haven't heard a word of it.

NY AG will get him....another road to nowhere.

Stormy

Cohen

Cmon you guys are the insane ones.

black 2022-06-26 17:26:10 

In reply to nitro

American Presidents will not go to jail. Yes they will be investigated for blow jobs or blowing their jobs but nothing will come of it.

Nonsense. Not when others are being sent to prison for the same crime.

Nixon resigned before being indicted but his pardon cost Ford the presidency.

By the way, that jackass is not getting a pardon from Biden. lol

nitro 2022-06-26 17:32:32 

In reply to black

Not when others are being sent to prison for the same crime.

Who in Trump's inner circle?

black 2022-06-26 17:38:54 

In reply to nitro

Who in Trump's inner circle?

Rudi Giuliani, John Eastman, Rep. Scott Perry, Rep. Paul Gosar, Rep. Mo Brooks, DOJ's Jeffrey Clark, Mark Meadows and Steve Bannon are all going to be charged with crimes.

And don't forget that crazy woman, Sydney Powell. lol

nitro 2022-06-26 17:47:30 

In reply to black

Ok boss. I done. Here is to another 6 years of you posting Trump's demise.

black 2022-06-29 04:07:47 

Is today's testimony by Hutchinson an example of temporary insanity on the part of Trump?
lol