The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Trump lunged at Secret Service Agent’s throat?

sudden 2022-06-28 22:39:55 

I can’t believe that?

He tried to grab the secret service car’s steering wheel?

Again I doubt that

black 2022-06-28 22:57:12 

In reply to sudden

This is not the first time Trump has been accused of grabbing stuff.

Curtis 2022-06-28 23:00:55 

"Tun rung di kyar bwoi".

"Yuh seeme?". " Eeehhh???".

black 2022-06-28 23:05:06 

In reply to Curtis

lol lol lol

Brerzerk 2022-06-29 01:01:42 

In reply to sudden

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

maj 2022-06-29 04:19:55 

In reply to sudden

Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

sudden 2022-06-29 11:52:15 

In reply to maj

valde, veritas omnia vincit

i thought she lied through out her testimony.

i mean why would De Precedent want to overthrow a legitimately elected govt? it makes no sense.

YoungWarrior 2022-06-29 11:56:44 

In reply to sudden

Another version of the story is that the agent was about to have a burger and the dotard wanted it.

😀

sudden 2022-06-29 12:12:32 

In reply to YoungWarrior

i will brook no disrespect of the best Precedent in our life time

nitro 2022-06-29 13:08:50 

In reply to sudden

Secret Service denies this allegation however they confirmed he was angry.

Another Trump Reality show.

black 2022-06-29 13:22:11 

In reply to nitro

Secret Service denies this allegation however they confirmed he was angry.

Another Trump Reality show

The truth will come out when these guys are under oath in criminal proceedings.

sudden 2022-06-29 13:31:55 

In reply to nitro

if that is true i am surprised that the secret service would even answer.

and legally speaking the lady was just repeating what she was told by an agent and not speaking to whether it was true or not

maj 2022-06-29 13:53:08 

In reply to sudden

Let's see when the secret service testifies.

Drapsey 2022-06-29 14:03:56 

In reply to sudden

Dem say it isn't so.

Secret Service agents are prepared to testify that Trump did not lunge at them or try to take control of the car to reach the Capitol, reports say

Secret Service agents are willing to testify that former President Donald Trump did not try to lunge at them or take control of the vehicle to direct the car to the Capitol as agents were driving on January 6, 2021, CBS News and NBC News reported.

Cassidy Hutchinson, a top aide to then-Trump White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, told the House select committee investigating the January 6 riot on Tuesday that Trump wanted to go to the Capitol, knowing that his supporters were armed there.

But one source close to the Secret Service told CBS News that both the driver of the car and Robert Engel — a Secret Service agent who was then the head of Trump's security detail — are prepared to testify under oath that Trump did not lunge at the car's steering wheel and that Trump did not verbally or physically assault them.

nitro 2022-06-29 14:14:13 

In reply to Drapsey

Down goes the star witness. Not a lawyer but I don't see how hearsay helps the Dems.

Drapsey 2022-06-29 14:50:38 

In reply to nitro

Set up??????

I said it somewhere (even if it were out of jest at the time).

sudden 2022-06-29 14:57:01 

In reply to nitro

what is hearsay? describe it ?

maj 2022-06-29 15:01:42 

In reply to Drapsey

The role of Cassidy Hutchinson will be played by Amber Turd!!

or more fitting Susan Lucci, the daytime drama soap opera Queen.

big grin big grin big grin

Brerzerk 2022-06-29 15:04:14 

In reply to nitro
You aware of stories that those agents are lackeys and Trumpsters?How easily men believe Muma Nancy spitefully shove a lil pikney, but Doan believe the agent told the girl exactly what she repeated. Men does boast and embellish. I hope a good cross-examination have them squirming

sudden 2022-06-29 15:08:24 

In reply to maj

to repeat my self

valde, veritas omnia vincit

i thought she lied through out her testimony.

i mean why would De Precedent want to overthrow a legitimately elected govt? it makes no sense.

did you expect the Secret Service to say it happened?

and how does this matter wrt to the insurgency?

and did she lie?

Drapsey 2022-06-29 15:09:24 

In reply to maj

She's already ready to retire (comfortably) to the country of her foreparents.

I had my doubts from yesterday. It started with FoxNews being so interested in covering the day's proceedings after effectively boycotting the previous episodes. That followed by all the fanfare about security surrounding her appearance and testimony.

Now we know first hand how the Trumpsters continually get conned.

maj 2022-06-29 15:49:48 

In reply to Drapsey

Because if she can lie so can others.

So we're to believe the secret service os lying to protect the most hated man in America.

Cmon man he ain't no Hunter Biden

big grin big grin

Curtis 2022-06-29 16:18:35 

Yo
The charge is not about lunging at the driver

sudden 2022-06-29 16:22:22 

it gets more interesting

Engel is said to have told the committee that he and Trump spoke about the former president's desire to go to the Capitol on January 6 but "took different views on the topic" and went back to the White House instead, according to Politico.

Ryan Goodman, professor of law at New York University School of Law, said it is "legally significant" that some of Engel's testimony is "consistent" with Hutchinson.

"Trump wanted to join at Capitol even as violence unfolded, Trump raised privately with Engel, Engel disagreed, drove back to WH," Goodman tweeted while highlighting key passages from the Politico report.

sudden 2022-06-29 16:37:04 

and

Leonnig, who has written a book on the Secret Service, Zero Fail: The Rise and Fall of The Secret Service, said it was "problematic" some of Trump's detail appeared to support the rioters on January 6.

"There was a very large contingent of Donald Trump's detail who were personally cheering for [Joe] Biden to fail," she said.

"Some of them even took to their personal media accounts to cheer on the insurrection and the individuals rioting up to the Capitol, as patriots. That is problematic.

sudden 2022-06-29 17:12:59 

she may not have written the note

During the January 6 panel's hearing Tuesday, Representative Liz Cheney showed a picture of a handwritten note that read: "Anyone who entered the Capitol illegally without proper authority should leave immediately." The word illegally had been crossed out.

Asked whether she wrote the note, Hutchinson, an aide to White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, responded that she had. She said Meadows handed her the note card and a pen and had her start writing as he dictated a potential statement for Trump to issue during the Capitol riot.

But former Trump White House lawyer Eric Herschmann has reportedly disputed this part of her testimony. A spokesperson for Herschmann told ABC News that the attorney, not Hutchinson, wrote the note. ABC also reported that sources familiar with the matter said Herschmann had already told the January 6 committee that he was the note's author.

Brerzerk 2022-06-29 17:44:16 

In reply to sudden
There is seasoning and there is essence ent?

carl0002 2022-06-29 18:35:57 

Everybody dispute testimony until dem under oath. If memory serves me right, they said that other secret service agents have also testified about some of the stuff Hutchinson testified about. We now hear that they have been attempts to discourage people from testifying, possibly obstruction of justice charges in peoples future. Now taking all of that. Do you think the Committee is going to put on record a narrative, under oath in front of the world that is false, a lie. On the other hand who do we know tell lies and willing to put out false narratives when not under oath? Yes, some of the same people who now willing to testify. Why have they not testified before now, cuz we sure they were asked. A few people perhaps being set-up here. Those SUV's and presidential vehicles must have cameras and audios etc. in them. We will see who will be made liars in the next few days cuz they will be given enough rope to hang themselves.

carl0002 2022-06-29 18:39:34 

In reply to nitro

Not a lawyer but I don't see how hearsay helps the Dems.

You realize that so far no democrats have testified, all the evidence so far have been provided by Republicans MAGA Morons and people that wewre close to and hired by the orange Commander and Thief.

Drapsey 2022-06-29 18:40:30 

And now, a slip of America's Mayor's lips?

Rudy Giuliani botches attack on Cassidy Hutchinson: 'She was never present when I asked for a pardon'

Former Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani on Wednesday tried to attack the credibility of January 6 committee witness Cassidy Hutchinson -- but he made a statement that appeared to be self-incriminating.

Hutchinson, a former top White House aide with unique access to Trump and the inner workings of the West Wing, testified at the sixth June hearing of the House committee probing the attack on the US Capitol.

"The January 6 Witch Hunt Cabal has now exceeded even its prior fraudulent," he said. "The last witness was a reckless liar. Contrary to her false testimony she was never present when I asked for a pardon."

Or is that a well disguised confession?

carl0002 2022-06-29 18:49:31 

In reply to sudden

Trump disputed that he wanted armed attendees to be allowed into the rally.

So why is this any evidence that her testimony is problematic. Its not like Trump have never lied about stuff like this before.

If we didnt hear Trump on tape asking for 11870 votes you think he would admit he did that?

sudden 2022-06-29 18:54:55 

In reply to Drapsey

One person not talking about her testimony is Meadows

One would think the select committee rife with lawyers, with legal advice readily available and having depose lots of witness under oath would know what has been said about certain topic, know what certain witnesses can testify to, whether they are truthful or not and if not how it impacts their presentation

Drapsey 2022-06-29 19:27:57 

In reply to sudden

Looks like he won't be able to much longer continue his emulation of Joe Biden by hiding in his basement.

Aide Thrusts Trump Chief of Staff Meadows Back Into Spotlight

WASHINGTON—President Donald Trump’s final chief of staff, Mark Meadows, closed out his 10 months of White House service asking for a pardon, according to new testimony that portrayed a man reluctant to intervene to stop his boss from stirring up a mob on Jan. 6, 2021, and unwilling to engage with those who tried to do so.

This Hutchinson chick turning out to be a real reject. #45 didn't take her with him to Florida, and her boss, Meadows, didn't mention her in his book.

A woman scorned ...

maj 2022-06-29 19:57:16 

In reply to Drapsey

A woman scorned

Monica Lewinsky!!

Drapsey 2022-06-29 20:13:51 

In reply to maj

You need to lift your game, maj.

sudden 2022-06-29 20:20:57 

In reply to maj

Seriously what did you think of Trump and Giuliani calling that black Georgia election worker’s name singling out her and her mother for death threats over a big big lie?

Drapsey 2022-06-29 21:13:13 

In reply to maj

maj, even Republican politicians are expressing, some insinuating, that Trump is unfit for the presidency of the USA. Exemplified here.

Conservative publication labels Trump 'unfit for power again' in scathing editorial

In an op-ed this Wednesday, the Editorial Board for the Washington Examiner declared that the testimony Tuesday from former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson "ought to ring the death knell for former President Donald Trump’s political career."

"In short, Hutchinson was a conservative Trumpist true believer and a tremendously credible one at that," the Board writes. "She did not overstate things, did not seem to be seeking attention, and was very precise about how and why she knew what she related and about which testimony was firsthand and which was secondhand but able to be corroborated."

Notice that the opinion was given by editorial board of the Washington Examiner. You can't get a more 'conservative publication' than that outfit.

Why can't you get it?

Brerzerk 2022-06-29 21:27:13 

In reply to maj
what happened to Ms. Lewinsky does start with S.
But it wasn't a scorning, it was more like what
Drumpf while on stage said Hilary 'GOT' that Yiddish word. Mind you
he was his usual vulgar self.

maj 2022-06-29 23:15:13 

In reply to Drapsey

Dems and Reps..are two thieves who make God laugh. I'm just enjoying the show.

I'm going of the premise of "unequivocal evidence" from Adam Schiff they had it then and ohhhh we definitely have it now.

Why is the editorial nameless?

She repeated " something to the effect of" numerous times. She reminds of Kavanaughs accuser.

maj 2022-06-29 23:17:23 

In reply to Brerzerk

He was vulgar but she sabatoged all her husband's sexual assault accusers. which is more repulsive.

maj 2022-06-29 23:20:45 

In reply to sudden

It's exactly like Schumer and Waters calling out sitting justices on the SC and hiding behind their political shields.

sudden 2022-06-29 23:29:55 

In reply to maj

Really, Maj, really?

They just didn’t call them out they knowingly lied about them. Said they were scamming votes by a usb the mother handed to the daughter, which was a mint and they knew this. They called this defenceless election worker and her mother derogatory names, man

To equate that with Shumer talking about justices is not only false it is deceitful, duplicitous and dishonest. You ought to be ashamed but I doubt it

maj 2022-06-29 23:43:45 

In reply to sudden

It's Fairplay, how many people called Trump a pedophile, accussed him of wanting to have sex with Ivanka, more names beyond the pale, accussed him of Rape and more. Wished and portrayed his death in the media. And this was just the media, celebrities and politicians. Don't be outraged now and use the excuse their not running for office excuse.

sudden 2022-06-29 23:50:51 

In reply to maj

Maj, whilst I am not surprised by you I am appalled.

That election worker and her mother were not the press or Dems. They were low level staff who deserved none of that vitriol from a President.

Like I said you ought to be ashamed to defend that nasty behavior from a President but that you are not disgust me. Be off with you, banna.

black 2022-06-29 23:54:19 

In reply to maj

Dude, Donald Trump is an absolute piece of shit.

How can you not see that?

maj 2022-06-30 00:09:19 

In reply to sudden

Listen I haven't watched one single min of this crap..but I don't believe a word of any of the witnesses not a single word.
The country is biased and split politically everybody has an ax to grind and an ass to save.

maj 2022-06-30 00:11:20 

In reply to black

Yes he is, just like Biden, Hillary, Pence, Bush, Schumer, McConnell, Pelosi, McCarthy and so on..what's your point.

I'm not like fools who believe he is the only one.

black 2022-06-30 00:17:56 

In reply to maj

Yes he is, just like Biden, Hillary, Pence, Bush, Schumer, McConnell, Pelosi, McCarthy and so on..what's your point.

I'm not like fools who believe he is the only one

No, Trump is not like any of the people you listed, not even McConnell.

Donald Trump is an absolute piece of shit.

maj 2022-06-30 00:46:28 

In reply to black

Sorry I put them all in the same shitter!!

That's the problem people believe Trump is worse than the aforementioned, when in fact they are one in the same.

Look at Pelosi, it took weeks for her husband to be charged with DUI why do you think that was. A normal citizen would have been charged and arrested immediately. Only when there was push back the DA shamefully charged him. Talk about subverting the law and abuse of your position

Brerzerk 2022-06-30 01:17:46 

Sudden, the Theory of Stupidity that Chrissy posted alluded to the ide that
wilful ignorance is deliberately evil. He will always find false err to quote Kelly-Ann The Liar
an 'alternative' comparison

Brerzerk 2022-06-30 02:23:51 

In reply to maj
Nameless? Do you know what an Editorial represents?
Show us some Editorials that name the member/s of the Editorial board who
commissioned, wrote, edited, and or approved them.

maj 2022-06-30 02:29:32 

In reply to Brerzerk

Twissy is the biggest racist on this board you really shouldn't be using her to score ponts.points..the stupidity piece she posted should be her autobiograpgy.

Ask about the Ntini village boy post if youre not familiar..
big grin big grin big grin still makes me chuckle.

Yes please push opinion pieces as facts..

Drapsey 2022-06-30 13:48:02 

In reply to maj

More from the Washington Examiner, the Conservative publication.

Ignore Democrats’ disingenuous distractions: here’s how Trump proved his unfitness on Jan. 6

I especially love the play on words here, or if you prefer, the play on 'emphasis'.

“They’re not here to hurt me” in that context is quite different from “they’re not here to hurt *me.*” The latter would be an admission that his supporters, whom he would then encourage to march to the Capitol, were there to hurt someone else. But again, that interpretation is not supported by Hutchison’s testimony, in which the “me” was un-emphasized.

Any way you play it, this is an endorsement (of sorts) on my long running assertion that #45 was (is) void of presidential acumen.

sgtdjones 2022-06-30 14:43:33 

A good shepherd, upon learning that his flock had arrived armed, would have tried to defuse the situation. For starters, he would have cared for his followers’ safety. Marching to the Capitol, with Congress in session while armed — even if only with a spear or handcuffs or a pepper spray — is a good way to ensure bad outcomes, whether arrest, injury, or death.

Of course, a morally fit leader would care about more than just his own followers. He would care also about the Capitol Police and the Secret Service. He would steer as far away as possible from a physical threat to lawmakers (even the opposition).

But Donald Trump wasn’t a morally fit leader or a good shepherd. The only downside he could imagine to an armed crowd was that it could pose a physical threat to himself. Ruling out harm to himself, he considered their weapons (and what they signified about the mindset of the gathered thousands) to be harmless. That doesn’t mean he wanted Pence or Pelosi harmed or expected his followers to try and harm Pence or Pelosi. But at best, Trump didn’t give a second’s thought to the possibility of harm to others.

Link Text

carl0002 2022-06-30 15:01:13 

Listen I haven't watched one single min of this crap..but I don't believe a word of any of the witnesses not a single word.
The country is biased and split politically everybody has an ax to grind and an ass to save.

All you need to know about these MAGA Morons, which is even a lie in itself. Of course they have watched it. How can they know what the witnesses have been saying without watching. But they cant afford to watch further as it forces you to contend with certain truths, so they just claim everything is a lie. Willful ignorance as someone said. Pathetic if you ask me

maj 2022-06-30 18:01:54 

In reply to Drapsey

I overheard, someone told me, i read a note..

" something to the effect of"

rolleyes

Drapsey 2022-06-30 19:06:50 

In reply to maj

You're incorrigible.

Brerzerk 2022-06-30 19:26:50 

In reply to maj
Deflect, obfuscate, derail, deny, compare falsely, attack the messenger
all you want facts are facts and alternative facts do not exist that is
a euphemism for something called a LIE! just like you The Examiner is trying
really, really hard.

Drapsey 2022-07-01 14:09:17 

Another editorial.

Put a Fork in Donald Trump—the Ex-President Is Done

With more hearings on tap in July from the extremely effective Jan. 6 committee, a major case against Trump seemingly gaining steam in Fulton County, Georgia, the Justice Department taking the phones of a top lawyer and going after the Department of Justice patsy Trump sought to install as acting attorney general to help advance his coup scheme, it is fair to conclude that as bad as this week was for Trump, when the dust settles, he and we will find matters have only gotten worse for him, that, as of this week, he has once and for all plummeted to Earth and that finally and forever more, all the former president’s Fox friends and all of his men will not be able to put the brief shimmering political career of Donald Trump back together again.

Even though it didn't come from the Conservative publication, Washington Examiner, it does look interesting.

nick2020 2022-07-01 14:17:16 

In reply to sudden

maj is willing to forego his humanity to put on a show.

He sleeps at night because the internet is not a real place.

maj 2022-07-01 14:28:45 

In reply to nick2020

Oh please two crazy old white man made derogatory about a mother and daughter.

OMG how will they go on...

nick2020 2022-07-01 19:10:48 

In reply to maj

Trump and co. ruined the woman's life.

But because you have to keep up appearances that you are maj you marginalize what happened to her.

It is disgusting.

But I guess maj is not a real person. Probably did not even vote for Trump.

maj 2022-07-01 19:53:41 

In reply to nick2020

Ruined their lives how?