The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

RIOT: Licks like peas for usual peeps in Guyana

Narper 2022-06-29 19:14:49 

Misleading report triggers violent protest across 15 East Coast villages

Protestors began their march from Golden Grove, passed through the villages of Haslington, Enmore, Paradise, Enterprise, Melanie, Coldingen, Bladen Hall, Strathspey, Vigilance, Friendship, Buxton, Annandale, Lusignan, Good Hope and stopped at Mon Repos, although they were reportedly heading for Georgetown.

Roads were blocked with debris and burning tyres while scores of people were beaten and robbed. Market stalls and business places were looted and several vehicles were torched.

Narper 2022-06-29 19:14:59 

MOB OF RIOTERS

As they approached Annandale, tensions were high and violence erupted. Kaieteur News understands that a supermarket in that area was stormed and looted. Vendors at the Annandale Market were attacked

Read more
The Mon Repos Market suffered the worst – the atmosphere there was chaotic. Stalls were destroyed and some burnt even as vendors were beaten and robbed, and vehicles were vandalised and then torched.

bdaTryangle 2022-06-29 19:24:02 

Man that's positively messed up.

Curtis 2022-06-29 19:44:17 

In reply to Narper

Is this political violence or is it legitimate protest gone awry?

Either way, poor people are the pawns.

tops 2022-06-29 20:05:28 

In reply to Narper
That's dam evil and being spiteful towards ppl who have done U nothing.

maj 2022-06-29 20:50:30 

In reply to Curtis

one set of pawns always willing and able to cause violence.

CITYBOY 2022-06-29 22:30:29 

Mindset ... it don’t matter... Guyana always sitting on a keg of dynamite...
It is gonna get a whole lot nastier ....one foot forward and ten foot backwards...

Jeremy 2022-06-29 23:30:35 

Link Text

I saw this article and it upset me.

pnc tuggs always have to harassed innocent people.

let the court handle these matters.

it's always pnc people doing these barberic stuff in guyana.

do not harassed innocent people.

this is why police in america shoot and ask questions later.

All those looters and tuggs should be arrested immediately.

Narper 2022-06-30 12:03:08 

In reply to Curtis

Is this political violence or is it legitimate protest gone awry?

Either way, poor people are the pawns.

Look...these goons always use a protest as an excuse to beat, rob and loot...and Indo Guyanese always bear the brunt of this

This fcukery must stop

Overthrow 2022-06-30 13:39:46 

Posters with a social conscience on racist behaviour, where are you? The silence is deafening. No word from your brethren Chrissy?

imusic 2022-06-30 14:00:19 

Reading this thread, I get the sense that black people in Guyana are violent looters. goons, and “tuggs” (thugs?) who beat up and rob innocent Indo Guyanese who are peaceful, law abiding,
and never do anybody anything

Furthermore, this characterization apparently extends to black people everywhere and justifies police action in America where they shoot black people indiscriminately.

Overthrow 2022-06-30 14:06:32 

In reply to imusic

Excellent defence, victimize the aggrieved then turn to indignation. Works well in politics.
“There are good people on both sides” defence.

sgtdjones 2022-06-30 14:37:00 

In reply to Narper

This is so sad. Why the attack on innocent people?

sad

nick2020 2022-06-30 14:56:06 

In reply to imusic

Be wise and keep out of muddie matters

CITYBOY 2022-06-30 15:03:16 

It’s unreal and sad. Police force standing by doing nothing.. calls made to police station resulted in nothing..
But I don’t blame the police as the hooligans were armed etc .. but failure to act immediately by getting extra army/ police leaves a bad taste.
This is how it is in Guyana... the forces just let things run wild.
The looting and burning was uncalled for.. people beaten up ..

maj 2022-06-30 15:21:50 

In reply to CITYBOY

Guyana Police is basically the rioters in uniform they will never stop black rioters from doing their thing.

ray 2022-06-30 16:05:08 

In reply to imusic
In this case, they were the ones doing the looting and beating up

imusic 2022-06-30 17:30:39 

In reply to ray

Got it

Narper 2022-06-30 17:40:50 

In reply to ray

In this case

And UMPTEEN cases in the past

maj 2022-06-30 17:57:16 

In reply to Overthrow

she not racist she got family with straight hair and does eat seven curry.
big grin big grin big grin big grin

Narper 2022-06-30 18:03:53 

Indian lives matter: Cotton Tree 2020, Mon Repos 2022 - Freddie Kissoon

link
Kaieteur News – My column was already in when the protestors physically attacked Indian vendors and robbed them at Mon Repos. I could have submitted a replacement article but I wanted to see what the usual suspects would have written in the newspaper the next day on the attack on Indian vendors at Lusignan and Mon Repos by the protestors from Golden Grove

Here is a theory of mine as to why protestors angry at a police killing took to the streets passed several villages from Golden Grove going west on the East Coast highway but only attacked Indian people.

I hope they never reoccur as Guyana continues to make economic progress. But I am afraid we will see Cotton Tree 2020 and Mon Repos again until Indian people internalise the lessons of previous anti-Indian mayhems and come up with a repertoire of strategies to confront the psychic infusion that Cotton Tree 2020 and Mon Repos 2022 have brought about in African protestors

Narper 2022-06-30 18:24:34 

In reply to Overthrow

Posters with a social conscience on racist behaviour, where are you? The silence is deafening. No word from your brethren Chrissy?

I ran a 5 month thread during the election fiasco in 2020...they were all absent

Narper 2022-06-30 18:38:09 

For the benefit of non Guyanese.
A tiny history of anti-Indian violence since Independence

Narper 2022-06-30 19:13:14 

Sixteen charged with riotous behaviour following East Coast unrest
-one pleads guilty, fined $20,000

link

Their photos are here

ray 2022-06-30 19:16:40 

In reply to Narper

excuse to loot and rob people

Overthrow 2022-06-30 19:40:24 

In reply to Narper

As some posters seh “Dem gone cuntry “.

Jeremy 2022-06-30 19:49:26 

What bother me is they target Mon Repos market because they know mostly indo guyanese are venders there.

Why they didn't do this at plaisance market or stabroek market.

I strongly believe this was planned by pnc/apnu govt.

Guyana govt needs to balance the police force and army if not these acts will repeat itself.

Police just stand and watch in guyana.

It's why in north america they hire majority white police.

I know guyanese who apply to join police force in canada but they were turn down.

maj 2022-07-01 00:17:04 

In reply to Jeremy

I've always said without control of the police and army PPP will never really control Guyana.

All dem dem Indian need to get over the notion that police and army os dawg wuk.

Jagdeo need to start some serious campaign to enlist Indians into the army and police

Jeremy 2022-07-01 02:31:59 

In reply to maj

They need some army base in berbice where indo guyanese live.

I hear stories that when indo guyanese join army they are being harassed and force to leave.

WIfan26 2022-07-01 03:15:37 

In reply to imusic

Ohhh c'mon shittymusic don't act like it's not PNM vs. UNC in T&T as well you already know how this story goes!!!

maj 2022-07-01 09:38:17 

In reply to Jeremy

So they have to go thru some shit so what better than this happening over and over again.

Stop complaining and send your son and daughter doing nothing at home to serve and protect their people.

sudden 2022-07-01 10:52:43 

In reply to Jeremy

i suggest unnuh split Guyana in two- Indo Guyana and Afro Guyana

may solve the problem dont you think?

Jeremy 2022-07-01 11:12:37 

In reply to sudden

Guyanese have to educate themselves.

The current govt the ppp has members of all races. minister of home arraires is a afro guyanese.

minister of foreign affaires is also afro guyanese. So the ppp has rep from all the different races.

check the guyana govt ppp cabinet. They have rep from every background.

What went on in guyana with this riot was uncalled for.

This police issue with another man is a personal matter and had nothing to do with politics.

sudden 2022-07-01 11:29:30 

In reply to Jeremy

you may be correct there.

but i think to solve the problem on a more permanent basis an all indo guyana and an all afro guyana would be better.

the Portuguese and native Guyanese and others can decide which part they want to live or just stay where they are now.

Jeremy 2022-07-01 11:37:54 

In reply to sudden

Hopefully with more oil money and better standard of living all this political problem in guyana will go away permanently.

Halliwell 2022-07-01 12:23:01 

In reply to Jeremy

You can’t be that naïve.
With money it only gets worse!!! shock

sudden 2022-07-01 12:44:43 

In reply to Halliwell

You can’t be that naïve.

from his posts on matters cricket and matters guyana, what is your assessment?

sudden 2022-07-01 12:58:37 

In reply to Jeremy

or how about a truth and reconciliation commission? so that everyone can air their grievances and chart a path forward

Curtis 2022-07-01 17:20:02 

In reply to sudden

Truth and reconciliation will further exacerbate the situation. Perps will be further exposed, and necessitate more violence

steveo 2022-07-02 15:54:11 

In reply to sudden

or how about a truth and reconciliation commission? so that everyone can air their grievances and chart a path forward

You assume that people want to move forward.

Some dont know what is the "forward" you speak of, they revel in drinking the blood of others while basking in a self imagery of freedom fighter. Its very intoxicating.

steveo 2022-07-02 16:04:24 

Point 1. These fellas travelled 15 miles from their protest location until they found the nice indo area with easy picking. They then beat, burned and burgled the indos.

Point 2. The PPP admin and the police stood by until AFTER. This thing was live across social media as the criminals was moving down the road. I believe it was deliberately allowed to happen in order to gather more mud to sling at the APNU(who are hand in hand with the protestors).

So PPP supporters, dont belive your party has anything but their pockets on their minds. You are the last of their concerns. They will let you get beaten and murdered so they can then use that to yell on the rooftops at the next elections.

If I am wrong about it being deliberate then Guyana has started to adopt the US policy of allowing criminals to destroy law abiding population to appease them, which means they are fcuking WEAK and AFRAID. If they cannot stand up for law abiding citizens you are UNFIT to rule the country.

Sad fcuking place, this guyana. God should wash it skunt into the seas.

StumpCam 2022-07-02 16:23:34 

In reply to steveo

That’s fair assessment! It’s sad state of affairs in my beloved country. Can’t believe this is the same area, Melanie Damishana, ECD, to be exact where I stayed in March and patronize the vendors in Mon Repos as well as Buxton. SMH!