The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Interesting poll of Jamaicans re Scamming

nitro 2022-08-20 23:01:18 

This is a failed state.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2022-08-20 23:09:21 

Anthropologist and lecturer at The University of the West Indies (UWI), Mona, Dr Herbert Gayle, opines that because of post-slavery trauma, “we do a lot of things that facilitate corruption in Jamaica”.

He argues that scamming makes perfect sense in Jamaica in an environment where people are always upset with the ‘big man’. He said that the United States is part of the system of the big man.

Gayle said that while Jamaicans have unsettled old colonial issues with the United Kingdom, the United States has not escaped the wrath of many who frown on that country’s big-stick policy.“It’s not just flippant things like greed for money ... . Those might be primary because money is an important factor, but there is also what I call ‘a belly’ of knowing that you so big and mighty and me tek something off a you.”
“A lot of people think it’s just reparation and all the different loose terms, but when you speak to people, dem tell you, ‘Well, dem can afford it’,” he said.

"me tek something off a you.” So one rips people off????

You have to be kidding ?...

rolleyes

JahJah 2022-08-21 07:27:56 

In reply to nitro

Failed state based on the amount of people who think and operate a certain way?

Did Trump (who you initally supported) and then 'January 6' happen or not?

Let's look at this way, if you have dual nationality, you're a citizen of two failed states.

Where ya gonna go now, bruv?

nitro 2022-08-21 12:51:34 

In reply to JahJah

USA has not failed, not yet.
The results of the poll is not the only reason I said Jamaica is a failed state.
This is just further evidence of it.

nitro 2022-08-22 01:29:29 

In reply to JahJah

There is some hope. 72% of Jamaicans support the resumption of hanging.

Tell your bwoy Brogad to release the Hangman!