The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

CHARGE THIS DOG OWNER FOR MANSLAUGHTER

Emir 2022-08-26 00:58:24 

The American Bull Dog entered the house where the frail 11 year old girl was watching TV, she told her 9 year old brother to run and get help. Relatives were alerted but they were unable to pull the dangerous beast away from the child. The careless owner, an uncle of the child arrived 15 minutes later, and only then the beast released his savage jaw of her. It was too late, the child was killed.

It begs the question: Why will anyone keep dangerous dogs at home and then allow children to enter the home.

How should society hold people like him accountable? I say charge for manslaughter.

I also advocate that a permit must be obtain to keep away dangerous breeds in areas where people live. What will make a person want to keep dangerous dogs knowing that it can attack without warning and they are not man's best friend?

Now, watch these dog lovers come and defend the dog and say things like the dog was probably provoked etc.

Link Text

Link Text

nitro 2022-08-26 02:43:44 

In reply to Emir

I agree.

KTom 2022-08-26 08:24:57 

In reply to Emir

What does Islam have against dogs?

sgtdjones 2022-08-27 16:50:36 

In reply to KTom

lol lol

KTom 2022-08-27 18:18:04 

In reply to sgtdjones

I readily admit that many dog behaviours can be considered potentially unhygienic - licking their private parts, inspecting other dogs' backsides, stopping every five yards to sniff dog piss, wolfing down discarded food in the street, rolling in fox shit/ dead fish/seaweed, slobbering all over their owner's face, etc.. And yet who here who owns a dog bathes them in a solution of vinegar every time they enter the house?

Studies seem to indicate that dog owners generally enjoy better health and live longer than non-dog owners. Whilst that doesn't prove a causative link, it does suggest that dog ownership can't be a significant cause of ill-health.

Chrissy 2022-08-27 20:51:05 

In reply to Emir
Agree
An acme picker was mauled by dogs earlier this week in JA

Emir 2022-08-28 12:44:26 

In reply to Chrissy

Imagine that little girl begging her mom to help her. Not sure if you saw the video, but in a clip as the girl's mother wails in sadness, he makes sure to tell the reported it is "not the dog's owner fault- her brother.

So until dog owners are held accountable, these "accidents" will happen again and again

Emir 2022-08-28 12:44:27 

In reply to Chrissy

Imagine that little girl begging her mom to help her. Not sure if you saw the video, but in a clip as the girl's mother wails in sadness, she pauses for a second, then makes sure to tell the reporter it is "not the dog's owner fault- her brother, she then resumed her wailing.

So until dog owners are held accountable, these "accidents" will happen again and again

bravos 2022-08-28 16:25:40 

In reply to Emir

I agree,anything one possesses that is dangerous should be properly controlled and never come into contact with the innocent..

Poor baby..

Drapsey 2022-08-28 18:33:40 

In reply to KTom

I think the parents/guardians of the little girl should instead be charged with child negligence if not outright manslaughter. They carelessly left the outside access open thereby allowing the 'friendly' dog entrance to their home.

Poor baby..

sgtdjones 2022-08-28 19:06:38 

In reply to Drapsey

It begs the question....

This child was allowed to visit, this home of a relative...
It is the Dogs domain, he lives here.
This dog has no idea who this individual is.
The family was aware of dogs on this property for protection...

Who's responsibility was it for the safety of the young girl at a relative's home?
Did any human check to see the status of such dogs before entering?
Isn't such not a normal procedure to follow?

I do such when in T&T ..yelling is your dog tied up, is it safe to come in?
Even at relatives, some of those dogs are nasty protecting their turf...
I had King Shepard's in Moruga and treated them cautiously even after being with them for years.

I sympathize with the family, but this could have been avoided. Its negligence. Sadly

If the dog had gone on the street and attacked, it is a different matter.