The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

'Name one male athlete whose greatness has

Chrissy 2022-09-06 18:18:24 

been questioned because of an affair?

Ah some real sick people post here

Halliwell 2022-09-06 18:24:31 

In reply to Chrissy

This thread seems like it has a lot of backstory of which the reader needs to be aware

Tiger Woods?
Rooney?
Cipriani? Ok you said greatness big grin

Chrissy 2022-09-06 21:08:09 

In reply to Halliwell
Serena - see the MargAret Court thread

wink

nick2020 2022-09-07 09:33:13 

In reply to Halliwell

Let me give you some back story on why Chrissy calling me out:

nick20209/5/22, 11:50:09 AM
In reply to Chrissy

People hate who dem hate and love who dem love.

If Sharapova did hide from a drug test, steal a woman husband, threaten to shove a ball down an official throat and call women bitches she would be the worst thing ever.

Wunna need to stop worshipping these people when them as flawed as we are.

Now where did I question her GOATness for having an affair?

Thing is I am not a fan of Serena and that is apparent. I do not like how she behaves on or off the court and I really do not care how much hope she gives to a race or a gender or a gender of that race she behaves badly and there is plenty of evidence of that.

But there are posters on here who choose to look past that and that is their right to. I do not judge them or call them sick for that. But one such poster - Chrissy - will despise Sloane for believing she has arrived when she beat Serena and was not "respectful to the queen" and despise Sharapova for being a drug cheat and look past Serena's flaws.

Why? Because Chrissy needs Serena to be a hero for Black/Women/Black Women and not just a really good tennis player. I would love my daughter to be able to play as well as Serena but I would never want her to be Serena; I would want her to be better.

In closing I must say out of necessity before I am labeled a racist I was a big fan of a Black/Woman/Williams tennis player who could not play as well as Serena but in my eyes was far classier.

I hope this helps.

nick2020 2022-09-07 10:24:40 

In reply to Chrissy

Should I assume that of my list

1. Hid from a drug test in her safe room claiming she thought it was a burglar
2. Steal a woman husband
3. Threaten to shove a ball down an official throat
4. Call women bitches

You singled out #2 to attack because the rest are damning?

Chrissy 2022-09-07 11:14:52 

In reply to nick2020

Not one of them have a damn ting to do with whether she is green GOAT.
All your points could be used against several of the men. Serena Williams never failed a drug test. Period.

I detest Djoka but I would never deny that he is one of the greatest of all time.

Larr Pullo 2022-09-07 11:35:23 

In reply to nick2020

2. Steal a woman husband

What in the name of 1955 morals is going on here?

smile

Halliwell 2022-09-07 12:29:29 

In reply to nick2020

But it’s natural to have bias
Maybe we all have bias

I am not picking on Christine but a related example is the dislike for self hating black women that hate their Afro hair…except the ones that get a pass.
My anti-Indian bias to Koli but I give YouVee a pass lol

Chrissy 2022-09-07 12:33:24 

In reply to Halliwell
I dislike dat fake hair on Serena and every other one of dem but dat does not give me di right to say dat our multi-coloured fake hair track and field athletes or Serena aren't the best at what they do.

Chrissy 2022-09-07 12:34:20 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Just laugh lol lol

nick2020 2022-09-07 12:43:30 

In reply to Chrissy

Chrissy where did I say that disqualified her from being the Goat?

I quoted what I said that led you to your post.

It is difficult to compare greats across eras. Serena would destroy Steffi and Chrissy and Court. I don't think that makes her The Goat.

23 Grand Slams, longevity and a 87% win rate once past the semis in GS play is a legitimate case for her being the GOAT.

However there is a player in Steffi who has 1 less GS but has a superior W/L percentage career, W/L percentage in GS, and record weeks at #1. However, she got lots of help from a crazy fan who stabbed her greatest competition.

I am sure if we were robots the debate would be centered around weighted statistical analysis. But we are not so because she is black Chrissy may be biased to crown her GOAT and because she lacks class I may be biased to choose someone else.

Whatever.

I do know that I don't attack anyone for saying Serena is the GOAT but once anyone calls her anything short of such that person is a racist/misogynist/1955/pig.

How the suppressed become the suppressor.

imusic 2022-09-07 12:47:34 

In reply to Chrissy

Whose husband did Serena steal?

I saw that comment and was puzzled.

It’s a simple enough statement that speaks volumes about a mindset.

BTW….Tiger Woods suffered severe backlash for his affairs. And yes…..for a time….his greatness was discounted as a result.

Not everything is a battle of the sexes.

nick2020 2022-09-07 12:54:34 

In reply to imusic

It’s a simple enough statement that speaks volumes about a mindset.

What mindset would that be?

nick2020 2022-09-07 12:54:34 

In reply to Halliwell

Maybe we all have bias

I believe we all do.

I read lots of the tennis discussions on this thread.

imusic defends the clay court bully
fuzzy defends de anti vaxxer

It is an internet rum shop. The problem is people want to draw lines when it suits them. It is okay to say Jamaicans criminal, Bajans bulling but Serena steal a woman husband is a problem.

Is a rum shop or not?

imusic 2022-09-07 12:58:51 

In reply to nick2020

What mindset would that be?

Puritan

Lemme guess. You probably on “team Jennifer Anniston” ent? cool

nick2020 2022-09-07 13:02:40 

In reply to imusic

You ain't de same poster that cuss Westdem stink and run then say sorry bout that.

What mindset you have? cool

imusic 2022-09-07 13:04:24 

In reply to nick2020

Relevance? confused

nick2020 2022-09-07 13:08:03 

In reply to imusic

Lemme guess. You probably on “team Jennifer Anniston” ent?

So your contribution is to ridicule me and put up sunglasses?

Great stuff.

nick2020 2022-09-07 13:08:22 

In reply to imusic

Same as the Jennifer Anniston post.

imusic 2022-09-07 14:09:34 

In reply to nick2020

So your contribution is to ridicule me and put up sunglasses?

A dig for sure. Never thought it would wound like that.

Peace.

FuzzyWuzzy 2022-09-07 14:23:23 

In reply to nick2020

I am an unrepentant Djoker fan, but that does not mean he can do no wrong, or that I agree with all he says or does. For example, I am pro-vaccine and I am fully vaccinated, Djoker, who is very careful of his diet etc, has chosen not to be vaccinated. I however support his principled stance to stand by his decision even though it affects his ability to win slams in the GOAT race.

I like the tennis player in Djokovic, I stopped hero worshipping since my teenage years.

nick2020 2022-09-07 14:26:30 

In reply to imusic

A dig for sure. Never thought it would wound like that.

It did not. The internet is not a real place and I figured out how you post a long time ago.

I know not to take you seriously. I will leave it to the Bajans to keep you on your toes. cool

WI_cricfan 2022-09-07 15:08:07 

Awww..the children are fighting again.

imusic 2022-09-07 15:11:34 

In reply to nick2020

lol

openning 2022-09-07 15:44:27 

In reply to imusic
I don't know why speak of athletes flaws, they easily can look in a mirror and see theirs.
I had a good time during Tiger's rumours, especially with people I know, who went after every skirt .

Once you have been in the company of superstars, you will realize they are no different to any of us, we all have flaws.

imusic 2022-09-07 15:51:17 

In reply to openning

Preach. Respeck

Chrissy 2022-09-07 16:28:36 

In reply to openning

I had a good time during Tiger's rumours, especially with people I know, who went after every skirt .

THIS

openning 2022-09-07 17:33:07 

In reply to Chrissy
A number of hypocrites, who enjoy talking about other people., and not the player contribution to the sport.

Brerzerk 2022-09-07 22:54:27 

Why after witnessing McEnroe's behavior should any tennis player's on or off court behavior short of murder is questioned

HumbleCalf 2022-09-08 01:45:28 

In reply to openning

we all have flaws.

I do not know about that. I is perfect!!! big grin big grin

I think Chrissy and all ah you too sensitive...I would not post what Nick2020 posted, but that's how the man feels. The man did not question Serena's greatness, so for Chrissy to try to mek it sound suh is what some peeps would call intellectual dishonesty.

JahJah 2022-09-08 04:35:29 

In reply to imusic

BTW….Tiger Woods suffered severe backlash for his affairs. And yes…..for a time….his greatness was discounted as a result.

Well, we all know why.

openning 2022-09-08 05:53:49 

In reply to JahJah
I don't believe that Tiger's greatness was ever discounted, you cannot be the second in major and tournament wins, and be not among the greatest.
Tiger dad annoyed a number of people, but speaking the truth about his son, it all started on this show.
Link Text
The Bob Hope Classic was an annual tournament on the PGA tour, Tiger has never played that tournament, even renaming it, he refuse to play the week of that tournament.
A number of the older players dislike his dad and him.
One Master winner, asked if Tiger will be having Fry Chicken on the Players menu, for the Masters winners dinner, he has not spoken to that get since.
Stephen Ames, learn his lesson from criticizing him, he suffered the biggest humiliation in golf, from the match against Tiger.
Tiger she people mouth by winning.
What the PGA , the various tournaments and players know, who is responsible for all the money they are making.
I heard two older southern executive talking to golfers about Tiger.
One guy said, in his 60 years as a member of a club in Oklahoma, he has never seen so many people at a golf tournament at his club.
Tiger signed to play the tournament a few weeks before the 1st round, that club had to scramble to find places for the corporate tents, caterers, marshalls.
That tournament was sold out, two days after Tiger signed to play it.
People disliked Tiger winning, some may disliked because of his color, but his dad did say to them.at his first professional tournament.
"Welcome World"

nick2020 2022-09-08 12:32:55 

In reply to JahJah

been questioned because of an affair?

Is true Serena was hitting de balls from all angles wid de former coach?

Chrissy seemed to accept it was love and love big grin

nick2020 2022-09-08 13:04:31 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

I however support his principled stance to stand by his decision even though it affects his ability to win slams in the GOAT race.

Looking at Grand Slams as a measure of who is the GOAT is an exercise for simpletons.
I said it. It had to be said.

Serena has 1 more GS than Steffi. So we throw out every other stat? Win/Loss %? Weeks at #1?

People look at longevity as well but here are the stats on most wins all time on the WTA

Serena - Career record 858–154 (84.8%)
Steffi - Career record 900–115 (88.7%)
Chrissy - Career record 1309–146 (89.7%)

Serena played less matches than Steffi but over a longer period. An argument could be made she handled her career well and it helped her to play longer.

Serena did come back from pregnancy to be great is a big point for her.

But this GS count being the end all be all to GOAT? Mind you Chrissy & Co crowned Serena The GOAT long before she was at 23 slams so having the most GS titles never really mattered just now she does it becomes a good point.

I do not argue when someone says she is the GOAT. She dominated tennis in her era and she won the most GS in the open era. But it is interesting that people think it is not even a discussion.

FuzzyWuzzy 2022-09-08 13:28:09 

In reply to HumbleCalf

I think Chrissy and all ah you too sensitive...I would not post what Nick2020 posted, but that's how the man feels. The man did not question Serena's greatness, so for Chrissy to try to mek it sound suh is what some peeps would call intellectual dishonesty.

Thumbs up.!!!!!!

FuzzyWuzzy 2022-09-08 13:35:38 

In reply to nick2020

Djoker suffers from exactly what you are saying: goalpost shifting. When Fed alone had 20 GS it was the yardstick, then Rafa and ultimately Djoker people then start to try other justifications: Djoker is leading on so many fronts, except GS titles...but that could change.

Most masters titles
only one to win all 9 masters
Most weeks at no,1
Positive H2H vs Rafa and Roger
and that's not even all

nick2020 2022-09-08 15:30:10 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Djoker is the GOAT.
As a FED fan I do not fancy Djoker but his stats are undeniable.

And this is the hypocrisy of the system. Djoker has a bigger claim to GOAT vs Sampras/Fed/Nadal than Serena does vs Martina/Chrissy/Steffi yet...

Chrissy 2022-09-08 16:00:59 

Meanwhile di man who was checking di adda man's wife and married her after his wife crashed out (in suspicious circumstances) is about to become Charles III.

lol lol

nick2020 2022-09-08 18:16:20 

In reply to Chrissy

You will never see me arguing Royal Family. Largely untalented inbreeds who really serve no purpose.