The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Dave Cameron would only consider another run for CWI presidency under the right conditions

CaribbeanCricket.com 2022-09-08 15:43:44 

Former Cricket West Indies president Dave Cameron would only consider another bid for the leadership of the sport’s regional governing body under the right conditions because leading the CWI is too difficult.

Cameron, 51, was a director of the then West Indies Cricket Board between 2002 and 2019 and was elected president in 2013.

However, in recent months the Skerritt administration has come in for criticism and the West Indies teams have had a poor run of form in all formats, prompting discussion as to whether Cameron would consider another run at the presidency.

“The first time I ran for a cricket office was 2013 for president of Cricket West Indies. Prior to that my work was what put me forward and persons would come and say we need your help here or we believe you can lead here and there,” Cameron told Sportsmax. TV.

Read more at Sportsmax

Full Story

Dukes 2022-09-08 20:11:24 

The right conditions are that he has a possibility of winning.

imusic 2022-09-08 20:16:08 

The right conditions are that he has unconditional Loyalty of the entire board.

That they all agree to kiss his feet at the start and end of all meetings

And that he be appointed President for life.

doosra 2022-09-08 20:47:19 

no

stay away

sgtdjones 2022-09-08 20:49:39 

Why would anyone want Cameron?

What's next Hunte and Hilaire?

T&T started the booting of Cameron...they will not agree.

Curtis 2022-09-08 23:54:25 

He has no platform but if people ask him to, he'll run. Perfect.

buds 2022-09-09 03:01:33 

In reply to imusic

You do not like winning? Consider the morass and abyss we are in.

Kay 2022-09-09 03:17:38 

Compared to what exists now anyone/anything will be a huge improvement

Drapsey 2022-09-09 12:12:45 

In reply to Kay

Compared to what exists now anyone/anything will be a huge improvement

Oh, what a commentary!

Jumpstart 2022-09-09 13:26:00 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

I hope this dude never runs for political office.....certified quack....would be an idi amin-pol pot president with a touch of imelda marcos. But then again, he(and his BCA flunkeys) and the two st lucians managed to kill WI cricket anyway so he'd only be ruling a corpse, but i guess that is a lot for a hotel manager

doosra 2022-09-09 13:56:06 

In reply to Jumpstart

you might need to get your chairs ready again big grin

Jumpstart 2022-09-09 14:15:47 

In reply to doosra

hoss TT have other sports we're good at.....i don't know if you're aware the the 200m flying sprint WR holder is from TT, Nicholas Paul. We can entertain ourselves otherwise

Narper 2022-09-09 16:23:01 

In reply to sgtdjones

What's next Hunte and Hilaire?

Bish interviewed Hilaire last night during the break....I laughed when I heard his trademark...'moving fahwad' big grin

Jumpstart 2022-09-09 16:25:29 

In reply to Narper

moving fahwad

lol lol lol lol lol

Jumpstart 2022-09-09 16:28:28 

In reply to buds

what did we win under dave......a series victory against a poor english team, combustion of a competitive world cup bound side featuring IPL sides, our first series whitewash to bangladesh with what had become the first choice team, battering by SA, battering by Australia......winning what.....winning irrelevance. If dave was so good, put him in charge of JA athletics(by the way, the JCA voted against him)

sgtdjones 2022-09-09 16:44:15 

In reply to Narper

Oh NO
I missed that...

Bish should have asked Hilaire if he got his car back.

St Lucia customs seized it from his garage ... lol
Lack of paper work etc....

The man is in charge of Citizenship passport and Carnival, the first time he had a look at Carnival he noted.

Piton head and Commie missing, gee I wonder if they are on that panel.

cool

Narper 2022-09-09 16:48:09 

In reply to sgtdjones

Hillaire is deputy Prime Minister of St Lucia...dem fellas use cricket to move up

Maybe Camweron will be PM of Jamaica wink

sgtdjones 2022-09-09 16:50:59 

In reply to Narper

In the Caribbean we reward mediocrity

See the Problem in Tobago now with Dukes and Farley.... bacchanal

Jumpstart 2022-09-09 16:52:47 

In reply to Narper

Hillaire is deputy Prime Minister of St Lucia...dem fellas use cricket to move up

Maybe Camweron will be PM of Jamaica wink

deputy PM of a dot.....its unfortunate their cricketing vision never expanded beyond those miniscule boarders......does PM Trust even know who he is?

carl0002 2022-09-09 17:04:53 

If Cameron was still president all Hety would be in tip top shape and a fixture in this WI team by now. Instead under the current set of slackers everything just left to meander and dwindle.

buds 2022-09-09 17:34:33 

In reply to Jumpstart

Why should JA(We) put him in charge of JA Athletics? JA Athletics not in the abyss and nightmarish morass WIC currently is in under Sherrett ruder less Titanic?

Plus, JA have very competent and world class trainers and organizations. Plus, what is Dave's credentials for running JA Athletics?

Jumpstart 2022-09-09 17:46:34 

In reply to buds

exactly......you wouldn't do it because you know he's a hot mess.....he's good at managing dunn's river waterfalls.....not professional sportsmen who can and will talk back. Cameron is not even wanted by his own board, the JCA, which is why he had to court the BCA(who didn't even want skerrit to present his manifesto)

tc1 2022-09-09 18:14:53 

In reply to Jumpstart

tell the MB which board nominated Jamaican Dave twice?

and which player did Jamaican Dave made an Honorable member of his club?

Jumpstart 2022-09-09 18:43:16 

In reply to tc1

The TTCB nominated dave in 2012. I remember he was on a virtual campaign around the caribbean and appeared on radio and TV in trinidad. Unless we had access to some rell powerful simi dimi,we would not have known that he was a self obsessed, insecure egomaniac. At the earliest opportunity, being 2015, the TTCB(with Baldath Mahabir as VP candidate) and the BCA(under Joel Garner as the presidential nominee) had a joint bid to get rid of him, and probably would have had their not been the bacchanal at the JCA. Following that confrontation, the JCA changed its previous position of blanking whycliff to voting for him and saddling West Indian necks with that moron for the next three years. In fact it was the ttcb who played a major role in his glorious fall......the TTCB asked for a secret ballot at the elections, resulting in his "men of our word" tantrum when territories who said they had his back did the right thing behind the curtain. I can only assume the then GCB and definitely the BCA voted for him judging from their behavior following the election. To say i laughed that day is an understatement........it appeared the Cameron and the BCA didn't care how much they embarrassed themselves following the loss....and that they aired all their filthy laundry in front of the region and the world....positively pathetic.

But he did just finish the job of killing WI cricket handed to him by hunte and the now Deputy PM of dots. yuh eh see even bajans, for who cricket was at one point was almost a religion, moving on to other sports.

Baldath said in 2016 or 2017 that WI cricket will be gone in ten years on its current trajectory........and honestly, i can't see the WI improving their relevance with morons like cameron offering/ chasing public service and even worse, having actual supporters

Drapsey 2022-09-09 19:29:07 

In reply to Jumpstart

I 'would be' interested in knowing what the Big IDIOT did to you for such sentiments to be harbored.

We know all about the 'chairman' incident, yet you appear to have forgiven Don Hilaire for any meted cruelty, but not so with the Big IDIOT.

Jumpstart 2022-09-09 19:33:15 

In reply to Drapsey

sir i was a very passionate WI supporter......and to see miniscule dot-like agendas destroy what was one of the world's greatest cricketing cultures(not to mention its greatest ever team) is extremely frustrating

Dave was the B-Side of Hillarie....i hold them in the same category. Is like when Ethiopia wanted Haile Selassie gone and they ended up with Mengitsu, a psychopath.

by the way......im not dinas......but you'd be shocked to know who I am

Drapsey 2022-09-09 19:42:09 

In reply to Jumpstart

So, the Big IDIOT was way too BIG for you, you even resorted to the 'abandonment' of WIPA to the 'care' of the Big IDIOT's (Kensington CC) clubmate, Wavell.

Ok, we know that you're NotDinas. .wink .wink

natty_forever 2022-09-09 21:15:53 

...if he got a call saying we all going vote for you?!