The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Amazon Warriors skipper Hetmyer has no regrets choosing Shepherd for costly final over

CaribbeanCricket.com 2022-09-09 15:55:10 

Guyana Amazon Warriors captain Shimron Hetmyer insists he would not have done too much differently despite a tough loss to St Kitts and Nevis Patriots in the Caribbean Premier League on Thursday.

A brutal final over assault from Dwaine Pretorius handed the Patriots a thrilling 4-wicket win, despite an innings leading 46 off 21 from skipper Shimon Hetmyer that put the Warriors in a strong position.

In fact, the Guyana franchise seemed well set for a win after needing 22 runs heading into the final over.  After scoring three off the first two balls, however, Pretorius tore into Romario Shepherd the rest of the way clubbing two 6s and 7, in effect, off the last ball after Shepherd was also called for a no-ball.

Read more at Sportsmax

Full Story

bird 2022-09-09 20:32:12 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com
how hard it is to say I was wrong or made a mistake, talk about being dogmatic and arrogant

Raskil 2022-09-09 20:50:07 

A strong leader must stand by his decisions and change them in the future as necessary.

darkprince39 2022-09-10 00:33:39 

When are these people going to learn? I saw who was going to bowl the last over in that game and said he was going to get Carlos Brathwaited.

Windiesfan78 2022-09-10 01:34:48 

Hetty is trying to take the pressure off of Shepherd but the damage is already done. Of course he has regrets, it is just that admitting it would be saying that he doesn't trust his fellow countryman. No one likes to lose and furthermore, in circumstances as embarrassing as that. The important thing is that Mr. Hetmyer learns from his mistakes.

Halliwell 2022-09-10 07:45:56 

This has been happening for months with this bowler

And he doesn’t learn yet
big grin

VoopsandOut 2022-09-10 11:10:06 

Hety should see the video of himself during that last over and he will know that he has regrets but I agree that you cannot just throw a team mate under the bus and hope to keep the respect of the side. it would be great if he could explain his thinking in choosing Shepherd for the last over but I suspect it was to give him some confidence. Boy did that backfire big time.

Windiesfan78 2022-09-10 11:48:01 

In reply to VoopsandOut

I agree, the thought process was probably that Shepherd wouldn't have gone for so many runs. I think we have more than enough evidence to prove that Shepherd is not a death bowler. Also, why must a team always bowl pace in the final over of a match?

CITYBOY 2022-09-10 12:49:45 

You posters amaze me .. stick to “”LITTIE OR MARBLES”
In a t20 game it’s normal for a 20 runs over that will occur..
Shep phucked up .. and he owns it ..and selecting him to bowl and protect the runs was not bad captaincy ..
Shep and most death bowlers makes a fundamental mistake.. they try to out the batsman as opposed to protecting runs .. oh well
Just so you cocoons can understand this game..how do you equate top batsmen constantly making less than 5 runs than a bowler going for 20 runs..
Both did not contribute
Don’t blame Hetty ... blame yourselves for not understanding the game