The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

NO NO PM ROWLEY, KNOW YOUR HISTORY

Emir 2022-09-10 11:48:50 

We expect Afro Saxons like Reginal Dumas and the sorry fools at the Ken Gordon Express "Newspaper" to cry like a babies and talk about how great his Queen was, but for you to choose the words you did in your message of her death was wrong and you failed your ancestors by those words.

Perhaps you should have ask your countryman, Kafra Kambon what to say. He would have told you this:

Link Text

Halliwell 2022-09-10 12:27:10 

In reply to Emir

That was a really fair and honest and reasoned response by Kambon.
I hadn’t expected to encounter that when I clicked your link. Thanks.

Chrissy 2022-09-10 12:31:11 

In reply to Emir
Excellent Kafra

Barry 2022-09-10 13:02:10 

Kafra is a fool… confused
However he does not say we should believe what he believes like some here

“Her death has no emotional meaning for me,” he added.

“It is just that someone has died. A symbol of an oppressive empire has died – one that I buried in my mind a long time ago.

Emir, she awaits the 72 virgins? Or do YOU not believe razz

Barry 2022-09-10 13:11:29 

Correction= purified spouse

Verses referring to people having a “purified spouse” in heaven are usually assumed to be addressing men only because of a fundamentally incorrect association of purity with virginity, thereby attaching it to women. Yet the ubiquitous concept of “purity” in the Qur’an is the far broader one of righteousness and is never used to refer to virginity. Men and women are both promised “purified spouses/mates”, whether one’s righteous spouse from one’s time on earth or a spouse from among heavenly beings referred to as hoor or hooris. Virginity as relating to being born again and made equally and eternally young in Paradise applies to both women and men, who are said to be matching qualitatively as couples. Moreover, the myth of “72 virgins in Paradise” for a (presumably male) martyr is just that, appearing nowhere in the Qur’an
big grin
Leena El-Ali - Virgins: There Are No 72 Virgins Waiting for Anyone in Paradise rolleyes